Madden 09 Full Game Impressions - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 186 Old 12-12-2008, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Not really. I know there are a lot of interceptions in "garbage time" near the end of the game if you just try to fling the ball down the field to catch up, though. Moreso in college but still common in the no fun league.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 186 Old 12-12-2008, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenerazn View Post

Madden 09 has got to be the most infuriating game I've ever played and yet I keep on going back to it. My record is 62-50 this year, last year I was around 109-56. 5 out of my last 6 losses were due to last min drives that ended in INTs. Does Donovan Mcnabb just prone to throwing INTs or something?

For me what's worse is the difficulty of the running game. Its my second season in franchise so I've made a ton of trades. My offensive line is all above 90s, with all of them having the run blocking weapon. My running back is a 91. A good game rushing for me is around 50 yards.

And yeah, I've been throwing a lot of interceptions usually myself but I do force passes into tight coverage... and also my first year quarterback was Brett Favre and now JaMarcus Russell for the second year, so I thought it was that. My last game I actually threw 6 interceptions but still managed to win 12-9 in overtime.

Its frustrating, but I still do enjoy it. I never played the other 360 Maddens as I mentioned, so for me it was a huge leap forward from the original Xbox / Wii Madden games I've played in the past.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #183 of 186 Old 12-12-2008, 09:08 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

For me what's worse is the difficulty of the running game. Its my second season in franchise so I've made a ton of trades. My offensive line is all above 90s, with all of them having the run blocking weapon. My running back is a 91. A good game rushing for me is around 50 yards.

And yeah, I've been throwing a lot of interceptions usually myself but I do force passes into tight coverage... and also my first year quarterback was Brett Favre and now JaMarcus Russell for the second year, so I thought it was that. My last game I actually threw 6 interceptions but still managed to win 12-9 in overtime.

Its frustrating, but I still do enjoy it. I never played the other 360 Maddens as I mentioned, so for me it was a huge leap forward from the original Xbox / Wii Madden games I've played in the past.

It took me awhile to figure this out but the only way I could get any rushing yards at all was to call a sweep. I'd try to get some kind of big formation where there was no WR on one side. That would pull the cornerback in near the line. Sweep to that side.
post #184 of 186 Old 12-12-2008, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

I always thought 6 INTs was max in a game. But when I played against my friend using the Chargers I ended up throwing 8 INTs with Philip Rivers. In the old Maddens, throwing 3 INTs was already a lot, this year its pretty common.

Onkyo 605 - Pioneer Pro-730HD - HD-XA2
XBL: Degenerazn
PSN: Degenerazn
Wii: 8392 0559 3275 9767
post #185 of 186 Old 12-13-2008, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenerazn View Post

I always thought 6 INTs was max in a game. But when I played against my friend using the Chargers I ended up throwing 8 INTs with Philip Rivers. In the old Maddens, throwing 3 INTs was already a lot, this year its pretty common.

What difficulty level do you play on? I know INTs are no rarity in Madden, but 8 INTs against a human is crazy.
post #186 of 186 Old 12-13-2008, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD23 View Post

What difficulty level do you play on? I know INTs are no rarity in Madden, but 8 INTs against a human is crazy.

It was All Pro. Regular ranked match. Sad thing is that only 2 of those were user picks. The rest, the computer picked me off for him.

Onkyo 605 - Pioneer Pro-730HD - HD-XA2
XBL: Degenerazn
PSN: Degenerazn
Wii: 8392 0559 3275 9767
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page