Star Wars -The Force Unleashed Demo is out now! - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 105 Old 09-13-2008, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got my hands on the PS2 version. It has a God of War feel to it. There's fight scenes where you have to press X, then square, etc... Even though I like the setup I hope the 360 version isn't like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 105 Old 09-13-2008, 11:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by popimp View Post

I got my hands on the PS2 version. It has a God of War feel to it. There's fight scenes where you have to press X, then square, etc... Even though I like the setup I hope the 360 version isn't like that.

It is.

Steam/XBL/PSN: thejokell
post #93 of 105 Old 09-13-2008, 11:12 PM

I've only played the 360 Demo. The PS2 version seems very repetitive. I'm glad that it has a good story line so far or else I would have to stop playing.
post #94 of 105 Old 09-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

My roommate is picking up his copy this afternoon. He knows the guy at the store and is hooking him up so he tells me. I'll believe him when I see it, lol!

Gamertag: BaneAssassin
PSN: BaneAssassin
post #95 of 105 Old 09-14-2008, 11:52 AM

It's not uncommon to get a game before it's release date. I had Madden 09 8 days early. I don't think your friend is BS you.
post #96 of 105 Old 09-15-2008, 05:01 PM

I got this game for the 360 now. To my surprise Darth Vader doesn't send you to the Jedi Temple like he does in the PS2 version. At the Jedi Temple you fight older Darths, the first one is Darth Desolous.
post #97 of 105 Old 09-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

I got this game for the 360 now. To my surprise Darth Vader doesn't send you to the Jedi Temple like he does in the PS2 version. At the Jedi Temple you fight older Darths, the first one is Darth Desolous.

Seriously? How many people do they think are going to buy multiple copies of this game?
post #98 of 105 Old 09-16-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Cler View Post

Seriously? How many people do they think are going to buy multiple copies of this game?

I don't know. I'm a Star Wars fan, they said there were special levels in the PS2 version so I got both.
post #99 of 105 Old 09-16-2008, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Got to play a little of the final game today at lunch...a rental at best.

Horrible controls and camera.

Form what little I got to see...the story seemed ok and had decent voice acting.

But gameplay was REALLY bad...glitchy...and not intuitive at all. The whole physics engine thing seems like marketing hype...really did not notice anything in game that was cool about it.

Was over at a friends house...so maybe his PS3 is faulty but the game locked up on me 5 times. On one section the AI seemed to not even realize I was there.

Your hardly the bad-ass dark Jedi that the promos advertise...maybe it gets better later.

Major disappointment for me.

Glad I got to try out before I spent money on it.
post #100 of 105 Old 09-16-2008, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't know. I'm a Star Wars fan, they said there were special levels in the PS2 version so I got both.

Haha! You got Lucased!

Steam/XBL/PSN: thejokell
post #101 of 105 Old 09-16-2008, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Played the 360 demo and this game, simply put, isn't fun.

This is pretty much a lighter, dumber version of the JEDI games for the PC..which WERE fun....dumbed down controls and less active controls over your powers, at least in Jedi one good swipe from a lightsaber blade would cleave most enemies in two.

And you could always pick up a dozen or so weapons if you didn't feel like using your lightsaber (which occasionally it was fun to run into a room of stormtroopers, do a force toss and then blast them full of laserbolts).

The GameTrailers review was quite good, showing how the levels were repetitious and you take so little damage that after awhile its just a grind constantly slicing through people....sometimes taking 3-4 whacks just to bring them down (lame).

I was glad that the GameTrailers review recognized PsiOps and Half Life 2's gravity gun when talking about the "powers" that this game gives you. But, sadly, this is the kind of game I expected when I heard it was being hyped with toys and then released on...what..a half-dozen systems at once...

Controls suck on the 360 version..maybe if you could turn the sensitivity down, but in Psi Ops I could pretty easily pick up a guy, toss him into a group of other guys...or into an exploding barrel, etc. In this game the aiming and tossing seems so imprecise...I was throwing guys all over but never where I wanted them to go.

Just not fun after the first 10 minutes....which is about as long as the demo lasts if you take your time.

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

post #102 of 105 Old 09-17-2008, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 137
I picked this up and played it for about 5 hours. I am enjoying it. The game has some issues, but none of them are stopping me from enjoying the game. Not sure why someone complained about the camera. You have full camera control, how can that be bad? Do what you want with the camera.

I love the customs you can put on. If you go online and download some codes you can unlock some seriously bad a** outfits. One makes you look like the most bad a** Sith ever. Your skin becomes green with blue veins. Your arms are longer, you have super long fingers with long nails that end in points and your head/body completely changes. You look freaking awesome.

I love the customization you can do. You can pick exactly what force powers you want to level up, how you want your character to be. You can also customize if you are a tank that can take tons of damage, or someone that uses force non-stop or multiple other varieties. You can also add crystals to your light saber to give you additional abilities/powers.

I DO feel like a bad a** when I am playing. You can destroy a lot of stuff and when you walk up to someone and hit the right trigger and tap the left stick you can toss someone out of your way and you do it with a flick of your wrist on screen. Makes you feel like the powerhouse you are. If you level up force lightning you can fry everyone on the screen with arcing bolts of lightning and then walk in and clean up.

The negatives for me are the light saber attacks. Seems a little underpowered. You really have to use combos. Which you get combo points to spend to buy more combos. You can charge your lightsaber with lightning before it strikes, doing some impressive damage. If you do a combo it looks awesome. If you do not, you really do not do much damage. Unless you spend your force upgrades on light saber damage.

I also do not like in cut scenes they use the default character model, not what you are wearing. That is just lazy programming. Also, when the next level starts, you are wearing your default outfit and you have to go into the options and change it again.

Also, the boss battles are pathetic. That mini button press is just pathetic and ruins the whole feel of the game. However, I like the CGI during the mini button press. Basically as you do each button press you get a mini cut scene of you doing something and it looks pretty cool.

The graphics are good, not great, not horrible. Could of been a lot better. Some levels really shine, others get old fast (i.e. the first level from the demo, every hallway looks the same and you get tired of it fast).

You really can play this game multiple times focusing on different force powers or completing the level differently. You can smash out a window on a space station and suck out all the enemies or do something else completely different.

Overall when playing it I am glad I got the game. It could of been so much more. But it is an excellent edition to the Star Wars game universe.

post #103 of 105 Old 09-18-2008, 04:56 AM

I decided to pick up the game for the 360 instead of the PS3 (which i also own). I noticed glitches, some lines and screen breaks during the begining w/ vadar. it would also load for a second at some random points and slightly freeze up (like a second). I am enjoying the game, but those things do get annoying. I havent noticed these things that much after the vadar scene. Anyone else experience this?

-J
post #104 of 105 Old 09-18-2008, 05:55 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Still can't wait for this one!

Search or copy and paste-> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com <-to check out my latest Reviews.

Check out these new Lighted Cup Holders:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1402680301175
post #105 of 105 Old 09-18-2008, 06:38 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Should have it soon!

Search or copy and paste-> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com <-to check out my latest Reviews.

Check out these new Lighted Cup Holders:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1402680301175
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page