Elder Scrolls V - Page 77 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2281 of 2490 Old 01-18-2012, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Could you just give it back then pickpocket it?

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2282 of 2490 Old 01-18-2012, 06:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 1356
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

Nope.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #2283 of 2490 Old 01-18-2012, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Do we have an estimated current release date for the next Skyrim patch (on the Xbox 360)?

In my current game session, I have a number of quests which are broken due to bugs in the game. I realize sadly that patches can't always fix game saves which are already broken and instead may only be able to help for future new games, but still it would be nice to get as many fixes as possible before folks "finish" playing. I've also seen various bugs that don't break a quest but screw with the quest log, like getting a minor quest assigned after I've already completed it, e.g. a Jarl asks me to retrieve something which I've already retrieved for them.
post #2284 of 2490 Old 01-18-2012, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
I have not heard of a new patch on the horizons yet. Will probably be a little ways out.
post #2285 of 2490 Old 01-18-2012, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Just keep in mind that by doing so, you're effectively locking out half of that questline. That isn't the end of the line, just the first act. Unfortunately what comes next has a lot of filler content, but it's working towards a distinct end goal.

Really though, that should have been one of the ultimate rewards. I dunno why they'd give it to you just to take it away.

I disagree. Giving it back is the end of the questline. Even if you keep it, you can do everything else for the them, sidequests, stealing, etc. the last thing is to give it, after that, there are no more quests you can do that you couldn't do before giving it back.

post #2286 of 2490 Old 01-18-2012, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

Will not ruin it but there is no possible way you can get it back once you do that action.

Be warned to, once you get the key, do NOT go into the final dungeoun it points you to and then leave. There is an unpatched bug in the 360 version that if you go into that dungeoun and leave, the final part of the quest is broken and the lady never appears (this is documented on line). Once you get the key and they say okay go give it back. That is when you can go and adventure with it as long as you want.

post #2287 of 2490 Old 01-18-2012, 10:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

I disagree. Giving it back is the end of the questline. Even if you keep it, you can do everything else for the them, sidequests, stealing, etc. the last thing is to give it, after that, there are no more quests you can do that you couldn't do before giving it back.

Hmm...I was under the impression that all that stuff about rebuilding only came after you completed that quest.

Screw it, keep that thing.

post #2288 of 2490 Old 01-18-2012, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Just keep in mind that by doing so, you're effectively locking out half of that questline. That isn't the end of the line, just the first act. Unfortunately what comes next has a lot of filler content, but it's working towards a distinct end goal.

Really though, that should have been one of the ultimate rewards. I dunno why they'd give it to you just to take it away.

This is something Bethesda has been doing in Elder Scrolls games for a long time. Basically, it forces you to weigh your desire for an awesome item against your desire to complete a quest line. There was a very memorable one in Morrowind with a robe that effectively made you invulverable. You could either give it to the quest-giver, or keep it and never finish the quest. Most people kept it. The (annoying) difference now is that you get achievement points for finishing quests, so you're also choosing not to get the achievement by keeping the item.

Regardless, this particular item in Skyrim doesn't seem worth holding onto. Seems like an easy choice to me.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #2289 of 2490 Old 01-18-2012, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Im actully going to give it back soon I need the final quests for the guild more than i need the key. i have high lock picking skills anyways. and since you can buy lock picks i have virtually unlimited supply

Come at me Broseph
XBox live GT:Dubs4President
post #2290 of 2490 Old 01-18-2012, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

The (annoying) difference now is that you get achievement points for finishing quests, so you're also choosing not to get the achievement by keeping the item.

I haven't done this but imagine it would work:
  • Create a save
  • Give the item to unlock the acheivement
  • restore the previous save, regaining the item
post #2291 of 2490 Old 01-18-2012, 11:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flatus View Post

I haven't done this but imagine it would work:
[*]Create a save[*]Give the item to unlock the acheivement[*]restore the previous save, regaining the item

That'll work.

post #2292 of 2490 Old 01-18-2012, 12:03 PM

Has anybody gone back and replayed Morrowind recently? Years ago I got a copy with my graphics card but didn't really understand rpg games at the time so I stopped after about 2 hours of play. I liked Oblivion and am loving Skyrim. Was wondering if I should go back and replay Morrowind sometime or if it is so old it won't feel great.
post #2293 of 2490 Old 01-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I tried Morrow wind after my run with Oblivion. I just couldn't get into it. Lack of voice acting and the movement of characters really took the immersion out of it.
post #2294 of 2490 Old 01-18-2012, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mappleby285 View Post

Has anybody gone back and replayed Morrowind recently? Years ago I got a copy with my graphics card but didn't really understand rpg games at the time so I stopped after about 2 hours of play. I liked Oblivion and am loving Skyrim. Was wondering if I should go back and replay Morrowind sometime or if it is so old it won't feel great.

I replayed it a few years ago (also after Oblivion) to see if it still held up. It did. But you can't expect a modern game (with things like voice over and smooth animation). I'm of the opinion that a good game will always be a good game, no matter how old it is.

I don't expect Casablance to be in color with a 2:35:1 aspect ratio and 5.1 surround. Nor do I expect old NES classics to have polygons and jaw-dropping particle effects. Morrowind is now a decade old, and it shows in terms of its tech. As long as you're okay with that, it's an amazing game. Since you already own it, you lose nothing by installing it and seeing if it grabs you.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #2295 of 2490 Old 01-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slordak View Post

Do we have an estimated current release date for the next Skyrim patch (on the Xbox 360)?

In my current game session, I have a number of quests which are broken due to bugs in the game. I realize sadly that patches can't always fix game saves which are already broken and instead may only be able to help for future new games, but still it would be nice to get as many fixes as possible before folks "finish" playing. I've also seen various bugs that don't break a quest but screw with the quest log, like getting a minor quest assigned after I've already completed it, e.g. a Jarl asks me to retrieve something which I've already retrieved for them.

I was thinking this too. My new character is pretty much only living in Markarth and just helping (or double crossing) everyone where I can.

Problem 1. Guards inside Dwemer Musuem attack on site, ruining quest and exploration. This happened on my 1st playthrough also.

Problem 2. Was offered a house to buy after doing a quest for the Jarl. I can't get the offer back, so being that I am pretending to live only in Markarth, I have to pretty much stop this roleplaying as my items have me encumbered everytime I pick a darn flower. IE: I need a home, badly.
post #2296 of 2490 Old 01-19-2012, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooPAYNEoo View Post

I was thinking this too. My new character is pretty much only living in Markarth and just helping (or double crossing) everyone where I can.

Problem 1. Guards inside Dwemer Musuem attack on site, ruining quest and exploration. This happened on my 1st playthrough also.

Problem 2. Was offered a house to buy after doing a quest for the Jarl. I can't get the offer back, so being that I am pretending to live only in Markarth, I have to pretty much stop this roleplaying as my items have me encumbered everytime I pick a darn flower. IE: I need a home, badly.

#1 You need to do the mission for the guy that runs the museum then you get free pass.
#2Why cant you use the house of horror's abandoned house to dump your loot?

Come at me Broseph
XBox live GT:Dubs4President
post #2297 of 2490 Old 01-20-2012, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 81
I found the first volume of The Lusty Argonian Maid, but with my second character. I need to find vol.2 to go on the bookshelf with it. I hope there are more volumes LOL.
post #2298 of 2490 Old 01-20-2012, 07:43 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 17
post #2299 of 2490 Old 01-20-2012, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Errr... Maybe post a few highlights for those of us who can't visit that site during business hours?
post #2300 of 2490 Old 01-20-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slordak View Post

Errr... Maybe post a few highlights for those of us who can't visit that site during business hours?

May contain spoilers, don't know if I should wrap the mission info in the spoiler bracket so I'll be safe.

Current 1.4 Changelog (all platforms unless noted)

NEW FEATURES

Skyrim launcher support for Steam Workshop (PC)

BUG FIXES

General optimizations for memory and performance
Fixed occasional issue with armor and clothing not displaying properly when placed on mannequin's in player's house. (PS3)
Improved compiler optimization settings (PC)
Long term play optimizations for memory and performance (PS3)
Memory optimizations related to scripting
Fixed crashes related to pathing and AI
Fixed crash in Haemar's Shame if player had already completed A Daedra's Best Friend
Fixed rare crash with loading saved games
Fixed issue with accented characters not displaying properly at the end of a line
Master Criminal achievement/trophy unlocks properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian
Fixed issue where dragon priest masks would not render correctly
Fixed issue where quests would incorrectly progress after reloading a save
Fixed issues with placing and removing books from bookshelves in the player's home
Fixed issue where weapon racks and plaques would not work correctly in player's house if player immediately visits their house before purchasing any furnishing.
Fixed issue where the player house in Windhelm would not clean up properly
Fixed crash related to giant attacks and absorb spells
Fixed issue with ash piles not cleaning up properly
Fixed occasional issue where overwriting an existing save would fail
Fixed memory crash with container menu
Fixed infinite loop with bookshelves
Fixed issue where traps in Shalidor's Maze would not work properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian versions
Fixed issue where transforming back to human from werewolf would occasionally not fail
Bows and daggers will display properly when placed on weapon racks

QUEST FIXES
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  

The Unusual Gem inside the Thalmor Embassy is now accessible after finishing Diplomatic Immunity
In Breaching Security, the quest token is no longer required to receive a fortune reading from Olava the Feeble
Fixed issue where Galmar would not complete Joining the Stormcloaks properly if Season Unending was an active quest
Fixed issue where starting Season Unending after finishing Joining the Stormcloaks would prevent The Jagged Crown from starting properly.
Fixed issue progressing through Message to Whiterun while Season Unending was still open would block progression for both quests.
In Arniel's Endeavor, fixed issue where a quest journal would trigger multiple times
In Forbidden Legend, the amulet fragment can no longer disappear after player leaves a dungeon without taking it
Fixed rare issue in Forbidden Legend where killing Mikrul Gauldurson while sneaking would make his corpse unaccessible
In The White Phial, the phial can no longer disappear if player leaves dungeon without taking it
The White Phial will now start properly if player already has a briar heart in their inventory
Player can no longer get stuck in Misty Grove after completing A Night to Remember
Fixed issue where leaving Riften during A Chance Arrangement would prevent quest from progressing
In Darkness Returns, a door in Twilight Sepulcher will properly open if the player leaves the dungeon for an extended period of time before completing the quest
In Under New Management, if the player leaves the Oculory for an extended period of time after placing the focusing crystal and returns, the quest will proceed correctly
Onmund's Request will now start properly if player has already found Enthir's staff before receiving this quest
Fixed instance where Tonilia would stop buying stolen items and also would not give Guild Leader Armor
Repairing the Phial will start properly if player already has unmelting snow or mammoth tusk in their inventory
Finding Pantea's Flute before speaking with Pantea no longer prevents her quest from updating
In The Coming of the Dawn, fixed rare instance where a quest object would spawn incorrectly on the Katariah during Hail Sithis
Fixed rare issue in The Mind of Madness where player is unable to equip the Wabbajack
Fixed issue in Pieces of the Past where Mehrunes Dagon's Razor will not trigger properly if player leaves the cell for extended period of time before activating it
Blood's Honor will start properly if you visited and completed Driftshade and an extended period of time passes before starting the quest.
Fixed rare issue where Dampened Spirits would not start properly
Fixed issue where player would be unable to become Thane of Riften if they purchased a home first
Fixed issue where killing guards in Cidhna Mine would block progression for No One Escapes Cidhna Mine
Fixed numerous issues with Blood on the Ice not triggering properly
In Blood on the Ice, Calixto can now be killed if player owns a house in Windhelm
In The Cure for Madness, killing Cicero then resurrecting him no longer impedes quest progress
Fixed rare issue in To Kill an Empire where an NPC would fail to die properly
Clearing Knifepoint Ridge before starting Boethiah's Champion no longer prevents quest from starting.
post #2301 of 2490 Old 01-20-2012, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks.

Looks like they've made a lot of progress on cleaning up bugs in the named/major quests. Hopefully there's also been similar progress in the nameless/minor quests that have various miscellaneous problems, including:

1) Item fetch quest completes, but item isn't removed from inventory / isn't marked as no longer being a quest item.
2) Item fetch quest is issued a second time even though the item has already been fetched, so there's nothing further to do / no way to complete the quest.
3) Quest is completed, but quest givers acts like it has not been.
post #2302 of 2490 Old 01-20-2012, 09:50 AM

I think I'm missing something obvious. How do you use your powers? I tried going in the magic menu and equiping like a spell to cast it but that didn't seem to do anything.
post #2303 of 2490 Old 01-20-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mappleby285 View Post

I think I'm missing something obvious. How do you use your powers? I tried going in the magic menu and equiping like a spell to cast it but that didn't seem to do anything.

There should be a "powers" section within your magic menu. Equip it and then use it with rb like you would a shout.

XBL Digital gh0st
PSN. Troy_Digital
post #2304 of 2490 Old 01-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I accidentally laid down a map marker. Is there a way to delete it? It shows up in the compass and is easy to confuse with quest markers. Annoying.

Thanks.

Panasonic TC-P60ZT60 plasma panel
Sony BDP-S5100 Blu-ray player
Samsung SMT-H3272 DVR
Yamaha RX-V650 AVR
XBOX 360
URC MX-780 remote control
post #2305 of 2490 Old 01-20-2012, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooke View Post

I accidentally laid down a map marker. Is there a way to delete it? It shows up in the compass and is easy to confuse with quest markers. Annoying.

Thanks.

Place another custom marker. It will ask if you want to remove the old marker, move it to the new location, or cancel and keep the old marker.
post #2306 of 2490 Old 01-20-2012, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
OK, I am starting to really get pissed off with the glitches...spoilered since it involves the main quest.

Spoiler  

I had gotten to the step to learn dragon rend, went to the throat, read the scroll, learned the shout, came back to our time and saved the game (before fighting alduin). I shut off the xbox and went to bed. The next day I log on to fight Alduin and he is stuck way up in the air...multiple reloads did not help. I had to go back 1 hour of gameplay and repeat it all to get there again and fight him. Then I go to Dragonreach and trap the dragon. Upon letting him go from the trap, the damn Jarl and Wizard jump him and he goes agressive, and I cannot bring him out of that mode. I saved right before his fight, so we shall see if I can get this part unbugged.

I played Oblivion and Morrowind and loved them, but good god I don't think either of those had half the bugs this game does. I have a love/hate relationship with it right now. I love the game to death, it is a ton of fun, but the bugs/glitches make me want to throw my controller through the wall.

Dustin
post #2307 of 2490 Old 01-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

Place another custom marker. It will ask if you want to remove the old marker, move it to the new location, or cancel and keep the old marker.

Great! Thanks.

Samsung SMT-H3272 DVR
Yamaha RX-V650 AVR
XBOX 360
post #2308 of 2490 Old 01-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner View Post

OK, I am starting to really get pissed off with the glitches...spoilered since it involves the main quest.

Spoiler  

I had gotten to the step to learn dragon rend, went to the throat, read the scroll, learned the shout, came back to our time and saved the game (before fighting alduin). I shut off the xbox and went to bed. The next day I log on to fight Alduin and he is stuck way up in the air...multiple reloads did not help. I had to go back 1 hour of gameplay and repeat it all to get there again and fight him. Then I go to Dragonreach and trap the dragon. Upon letting him go from the trap, the damn Jarl and Wizard jump him and he goes agressive, and I cannot bring him out of that mode. I saved right before his fight, so we shall see if I can get this part unbugged.

I played Oblivion and Morrowind and loved them, but good god I don't think either of those had half the bugs this game does. I have a love/hate relationship with it right now. I love the game to death, it is a ton of fun, but the bugs/glitches make me want to throw my controller through the wall.

Dustin

I've had a couple lock-ups, but no other issues. Maybe I'm just not as far down the main quest as you.

Good luck.

Samsung SMT-H3272 DVR
Yamaha RX-V650 AVR
XBOX 360
post #2309 of 2490 Old 01-20-2012, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Wait does that mean they fixed the Windhelm house?
post #2310 of 2490 Old 01-21-2012, 06:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudubb1n View Post

#1 You need to do the mission for the guy that runs the museum then you get free pass.
#2Why cant you use the house of horror's abandoned house to dump your loot?

I did the mission for Calcemo, on the 1st game save. Still when I got to the second part of the Museum, the guards come after me. I'm getting ready to do it again. Just going to make enough $ to move to Solitude. I've done all I can do in Markarth anyways.

I am testing that abandoned house to see if my gear stays, but that's not really a home, no bed, no cooking, no option to buy furnishings, and it's nasty and smokey. If I'm going to have a home base, it should at least be enjoyable to look at and stay in. Not something that I'd want to avoid!

EDIT: I just dug around. You have to be Level 20 to get the invite for the home, my bad. Also found that the trespassing violation is listed as a bug. Hope it's fixed with that patch.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page