Elder Scrolls V - Page 84 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #2491 of 2498 Old 07-07-2016, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I wonder what is next in the Elder Scrolls series?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2492 of 2498 Old 07-09-2016, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Cell View Post
So I wonder what is next in the Elder Scrolls series?
Not sure if you are aware but Bethesda is releasing a remastered version of Skyrim along with all DLC for the Xbox One and PS4. Not sure of the release date but the suggested list price is currently $59.99, which seems high to me for a single remastered game, even with all the DLC.

Between that and Elder Scrolls Online, a game I really could not get into (and I put hundreds of hours into Oblivion and Skyrim), I wouldn't hold my breath for part 6 anytime soon. In fact, that is the official word from Bethesda as well according to this article:

http://www.parentherald.com/articles...ng-anytime.htm

Xbox Live: XboxPhantom
PSN: TonyDP
post #2493 of 2498 Old 07-12-2016, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 177
All I need is BC update to bring Oblivion to the Xbox One and I'm set. No need for any sequels for at least six years.
post #2494 of 2498 Old 07-13-2016, 02:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
All I need is BC update to bring Oblivion to the Xbox One and I'm set. No need for any sequels for at least six years.
I'm surprised they do not do this. This seems to be one of the most requested games and I would jump on board again to play it again.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #2495 of 2498 Old 07-13-2016, 04:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
I'm surprised they do not do this. This seems to be one of the most requested games and I would jump on board again to play it again.
I'm sure it's coming. It would be suicide not to do it since there are gobs of the GOTY edition out there, still on the shelves for $15, and getting it done means Fallout 3 and New Vegas come along for the ride. Due to the age of the third-party engines used to make the game, it probably takes significant work to make it happen. The game is 10 years old and I don't think any titles from the 360 launch - or released close to it - have been added to the BC list.
post #2496 of 2498 Old 07-13-2016, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
It makes one wonder if a resmastered version of Oblivion might be in the cards at some point as remasters really seem to be popular this generation.

Xbox Live: XboxPhantom
PSN: TonyDP
post #2497 of 2498 Old 07-16-2016, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

I'd pay for a remastered Oblivion, but it really needs to have the missing content. That game was rushed to make the launch of the 360 and a lot was cut from the final product.
post #2498 of 2498 Old 07-16-2016, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1283 Post(s)
Liked: 1008
I still haven't finished this game. Maybe I'll do that once I get an HDR projector and hack in some custom HDR shader injectors / directx wrappers to output HDR.

Problems I have with all Elder Scrolls games :

1) Enemies always seem to scale up to your level, so you're running a treadmill. You shouldn't common enemies like wolves while walking between towns be suddenly replaced when you ding up a level to be super tough storm atronachs or high level bandit assassins with glass armor. No, it's bad for immersion and continuity. Sure enemies can change if the environment changes or things like the Oblivion Gates open, but for the most part, I can see the strings of the enemy difficulty code shining through the matrix.

2) The engine sucks. I've worked on nearly a dozen engines and haven't seen anyone polish such a __rd so much without actually realizing how much of a **rd it is. I mean, the current game timer is tied to the current framerate! This is a problem even in Fallout 4. And it looks like they have no intention of actually making their games run properly on higher FPS. Maybe the new push to support VR helmets will finally make Bethesda realize they need to catch up with, oh, game engines made in 1998 where even by then they realized you cannot increment your gameplay / sync timer each frame by a fixed amount, and should use an independent system clock instead. Thereby achieving player speed and framerate independence! Wow, imagine that.

buncha noobs.

That said, it's still great fun exploring it and they made really exciting worlds to explore. If they only actually fixed some of these problems they'd actually become a respectable company in terms of competing on the merits of their engine. Right now, their engine is what's holding them back. And it's very likely pointy haired bosses making those calls, people who just cash in their gobs of income and simply aren't gamers themselves. I've seen this at many companies so it's not limited to Bethesda, but really, it's 2016 and rather embarrassing that they would even dare release a game where if you unlock the framerate from 60 then suddenly your character moves / runs faster. Like, I mean the world simulation is tied to the rendering framerate. It is a sign of gross negligence or simple incompetence. I'd say probably a bit of both. I'm sure they have decent engineers but their engines are, after all this time, still garbage. I mean Fallout 4 still has the same issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page