Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1382 of 1409 Old 10-23-2009, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I haven't played this game in a while, if I do, it's only for like a couple rounds. I hope the update helps because I'm tried getting host ownage. Host determine who wins. As soon as the game starts, I know what to expect. It's always the same.
post #1383 of 1409 Old 10-23-2009, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Hey HK,
Are you planning on getting MW2? I have recently come off my 2nd RROD in 3 months, so I have been off for a while....(prior to that I gave up on G2), I know our clan is ramping up for MW2, so we would be happy to get you in on the "fun"....You have myself and cidsou on your list...
Hop in if you see us out there...

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #1384 of 1409 Old 10-23-2009, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post

Hey HK,
Are you planning on getting MW2? I have recently come off my 2nd RROD in 3 months, so I have been off for a while....(prior to that I gave up on G2), I know our clan is ramping up for MW2, so we would be happy to get you in on the "fun"....You have myself and cidsou on your list...
Hop in if you see us out there...

Thanks. I'm going to get MW2. I'll check you guy out.
post #1385 of 1409 Old 10-23-2009, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Nice. Great if this fixes the problems. Bad if it introduces all new bugs. Which I am sure. People will be looking for them to exploit the game playing online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezntz View Post

Here's the TU 5 info:

TU 5

post #1386 of 1409 Old 10-27-2009, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

I played a few rounds last night. It was lag city. Got host owned a few times like usual. The frag tac-com is cool. I played two annex games that lasted 40mins each. Both teams were well matched. I haven't had games like that in a long time. The sticky walk was still present. It was more like taking two steps then stick.
post #1387 of 1409 Old 10-27-2009, 12:54 PM

Liked: 12
Haven't played since the new update. Is it worth picking up again or has nothing really changed.
post #1388 of 1409 Old 10-27-2009, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidsou View Post

Haven't played since the new update. Is it worth picking up again or has nothing really changed.

Although the lag was there, it didn't effect the game. It's the type that you lag but still playable. It's not like my guy was jumping everywhere. Overall, I thought it has improved. It feels a bit smoother even though the rodeo run is more jumpy. Double Xpoints this weekend. The sticky walk was really annoying glad they fixed it. The meat shield stun is gone.
post #1389 of 1409 Old 01-07-2010, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Bumping....

I am going through GOW1 on insane. Has anyone here ever beat the entire game by themselves that way?

I'm in the middle of act 2 and I am having an easier time of it then I was when I went through it hardcore. But, I am dreading General RAAM already. It took me probably 50 tries to beat him in hardcore. I know I can get a co-op partner for the fight but I am just wondering if anyone has done it by themselves.
post #1390 of 1409 Old 01-07-2010, 12:34 PM

Liked: 12
I know it might not be the best, but there are some videos on you tube (or at least there used to be) of people beating RAAM on insane. Where to stand, which weapon etc.
post #1391 of 1409 Old 01-07-2010, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

I was just looking for this thread. I was playing this yesterday. I'm taking a break from MW2 for a bit. I actually had a blast. I have to get use to it still.
post #1392 of 1409 Old 01-08-2010, 01:57 PM

i found out the cheaters are not installing TU5 and telling other ppl not to install it they should make it so that u must have the updates installed to be allowed to play online
post #1393 of 1409 Old 01-09-2010, 03:54 AM

If anyone plays horde, Hit me up! I play on the weekends (Friday - depends, Sat & Sun)

Gamertag: BiIIY Dangerous
(three i's)
post #1394 of 1409 Old 01-11-2010, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daye View Post

i found out the cheaters are not installing TU5 and telling other ppl not to install it they should make it so that u must have the updates installed to be allowed to play online

All Xbox 360 games sign the user out if he or she does not opt to install an update to a game once it's released; this is why you always see "Disconnected from Xbox Live" when you fire up a title after an update was just released. There's no way to get around this, so perhaps folks planning to not update are PC gamers...?
post #1395 of 1409 Old 01-11-2010, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidsou View Post

I know it might not be the best, but there are some videos on you tube (or at least there used to be) of people beating RAAM on insane. Where to stand, which weapon etc.

I think the strategy is the same as hardcore, its just that insane you take more damage, and the bad guys have more HP. Also, it seems that the AI teammates are more capable. Dom doesn't seem to die at the worst possible moments that much.

The battles between "look at all that juice" and the escape in the APC at the end of Act 4 were mostly quite hard. Now all I have is act 5... then I can go through GOW2.
post #1396 of 1409 Old 05-20-2010, 08:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Gears of War 2 Title Update 6 Coming
Includes dramatic fixes and improvements to Gears of War 2 multiplayer.

Yesterday on the Epic Forums Rod Fergusson, the Executive Producer of Gears of War 3 made a post about an incoming Gears of War 2 Update. It's called Title Update 6 and will modify many areas of the online multiplayer including:

Social Xbox LIVE

* Adds a public multiplayer match option called Social Xbox LIVE (player matches) open to anyone who owns all downloadable maps (All Fronts Collection).
* Join Social Matches in progress and quit any time without penalty. Early quitters don't receive earned experience from that match.
* Social Matches auto-cycle to the next map without matchmaking
* Teams are rebalanced between matches based on XP level without splitting parties.
* If you quit your spot is taken by a bot until new players joins the match. Players can join while a match is in progress.
* If you join a match in progress you are assigned a team based on XP and party size.
* If you join a match in progress you replace a bot at the earliest opportunity: at the first bot's death for respawning game types (Annex) and at round completion for Warzone, Execution, and Wingman
* Social leaderboards become part of the War Journal.

Ranked Xbox Live Matches

* Public Matches are now called Ranked Xbox LIVE Matches to differentiate these from Social Xbox LIVE Matches.
* Improved host selection using bandwidth testing and previous hosting data.
* Before the match begins teams are balanced based on XP without splitting parties.

Custom Xbox Live Matches

* Renames Private Matches to Custom Xbox LIVE Matches and makes them invite-only.
* Adds the ability to join Horde sessions that are in progress.
* In Social Horde you can join a session in progress through matchmaking and you are able to continue your session from the last wave you failed without starting over.
* In Ranked Horde, you can join a session in progress only through invites.
* If you join a session in progress at the end of the session you receive the score you achieved during the time you spent in the session.

General Fixes

* Fixes an issue that could cause youru profile to be overwritten, erasing XP level and achievement progress.
* An issue that could cause a campaign save slot to be overwritten if you previously chose to continue without saving and then signed in.

Balancing

* Changes the Gnasher Shotgun pellet pattern to increase hit consistency.
* Changes the Guardian game type to select the leader based upon XP level (highest to lowest).
* Firing delays after roadie run and evades are reduced.

Rod Fergusson also mentioned in the thread that Epic will soon have a promotion that will "dramatically" reduce the price of the All Fronts Collection which includes all multiplayer maps. We don't know exactly when this patch will be released but we look forward to the improvements.
post #1397 of 1409 Old 05-20-2010, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks! They should have did the Social xbox live in the very beginning. Oh.wait..they did in part 1.
post #1398 of 1409 Old 05-21-2010, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 112
When will they have a double XP weekend?
post #1399 of 1409 Old 05-21-2010, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member

Lol Halo style...must own all maps to play. As much as I give EPIC grief for putting this game out in such a bad state (MP wise), I'm glad they continue to improve it.

X360 games up for trade/$: GTA4, Top Spin 3, Jericho, Dark Sector, RB6: Vegas, Burnout Revenge, Gears of War -- PM me!
post #1400 of 1409 Old 10-30-2010, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Its a 31x XP weekend, haven't played in ages......

http://www.gametrailers.com/news/ran...ar2-w-31x/2603

I might try Horde Mode again....
post #1401 of 1409 Old 10-30-2010, 04:58 PM

this games crap after all the tu there is still alot of cheating goin on
post #1402 of 1409 Old 10-30-2010, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Fail. Major holes are plugged and they put in cheat detection with TU6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daye View Post

this games crap after all the tu there is still alot of cheating goin on

post #1403 of 1409 Old 10-30-2010, 09:49 PM

if it has cheat detection now how come they can still cheat ?
post #1404 of 1409 Old 10-31-2010, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Because like all systems. It cannot catch every single thing at the moment. But some how they know when you are doing it and they will get banned.
post #1405 of 1409 Old 11-01-2010, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

I played this a bit over the weekend, got from level 1 to 39. The regular multi is... really very bad. It's not much fun at all. Horde mode is still pretty cool though.
post #1406 of 1409 Old 11-01-2010, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing View Post

I played this a bit over the weekend, got from level 1 to 39. The regular multi is... really very bad. It's not much fun at all. Horde mode is still pretty cool though.

I was playing Saturday night. Same BS going on. The last time I played was 3months ago.
post #1407 of 1409 Old 11-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I never played multiplayer with Gears 1 when I had friends with the game, and I didn't have any friends pick up Gears 2. I enjoyed the single player campaign - I guess I shouldn't spend my pennies for Gears 3 on release and just wait for a Game of the Year edition. It's funny and sad that you don't hear so much about cheating/glitching in Halo or COD games nearly as much as Gears. It's like Epic really doesn't care... I've thought about going on to play on line, but I'm just afraid it will ruin the entire game series for me.

Xbox 360: Deezul AwT
HDTV since 2004, 3D since 2011
Go Jackets!
post #1408 of 1409 Old 11-02-2010, 07:33 AM

Gears 1, I mostly played the single player campaign. FPS give me headaches if I play for longer than 10 minutes, so my only choice is third person shooters and there aren't many choices out there. The multiplayer option on Gears 1 wasn't that fun for me. Maybe it was because I started playing it late, but it seemed to be just little kids screaming obscenities with no sense of team play.

I bought Gears 2 shortly after launch and played through the campaign twice (casual and insane). I probably average 3-4 gaming sessions a month of about 2-3 hours each, so I took me a while to play through it. After that I checked out the multiplayer options. Horde was a great idea, but poorly implemented at first. You started out with 5 players, but inevitably people would get bored and leave the match and you'd end up with 2-4 players trying to struggle past level 10 or so. Thankfully with the Social match option they've finally fixed that and matchmaking has players join the game at any point.

Eventually I got bored with Horde and moved on to Execution/Warfare but that's not a great game for a beginner to learn with. I got tired of being constantly killed and then waiting for the round to be over with so I could be quickly killed again. Annex was what I finally settled into since players constantly respawn after being killed (Submission/King Of The Hill and Guardian [somewhat] are the same way).

I read the Epic forums from time to time and saw all the complaints of hacked matches (point totals reaching the billions per match), modded controllers (rapid fire by default), bridging host (to ensure the advantage of having host for a person), glitching, etc, etc. Personally the only one that ever affected me was the host bridgers. Epic took care of them with a title update a while ago. Of the almost 1000 matches I've played, I had someone glitch out of the map once, I had someone use a lag switch maybe three times (though I can't count the number of times losing teammates would accuse the host of lagswitching, sore losers will always find some way to shift the blame from their own gameplay). Maybe its because I play Annex almost exclusively, but I really haven't seen any cheating. Epic has made 6 Title Updates so far, fixing issues related to game play and potential ways to cheat with each one. They definitely listen to the community, almost to a fault. Seems the GOW2 forum has a ton of sway when it comes to changes made to the game for each TU.

Tom
post #1409 of 1409 Old 11-03-2010, 12:44 AM

i heard some ppl talkin on the other team an 1 guy said he found a way not to install the update an still play online that was a while ago by now every 1 knows
Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page