I brought some refreshments for the thread
post #123 of 1117 Old 11-11-2008, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 145
damn, I'm thirsty right now.

date night tonight...50 cent oysters and beer!

and no, not the rapper's oysters...jeez!

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #124 of 1117 Old 11-11-2008, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Nice thread. Didn't notice it until now

At the moment I am considering quitting my job. Walking out the door. 10 years here, no respect. I am the "computer guy" but the people working here don't have the IQ to begin to understand what my job actually involves. They think I'm just pushing some buttons and things just come out the printer perfectly. I bust my arse, and they wonder what's taking so long.

Meanwhile they hire these pretty blond girls who are incompetent, skillless, stupid, but they somehow move up instantly. Working with top brass and now giving me orders. I can tell in 2 minutes that they have no idea what they're talking about, but no one questions anything! BS!

Problem is I can't survive at an entry level position in NY. I am considering starting everything over here at 33 years old. Don't know how much longer I can work for someone else, in general anymore. Don't know what to do right now.

Anyone else got job issues?
post #125 of 1117 Old 11-11-2008, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooPAYNEoo View Post

Nice thread. Didn't notice it until now

At the moment I am considering quitting my job. Walking out the door. 10 years here, no respect. I am the "computer guy" but the people working here don't have the IQ to begin to understand what my job actually involves. They think I'm just pushing some buttons and things just come out the printer perfectly. I bust my arse, and they wonder what's taking so long.

Meanwhile they hire these pretty blond girls who are incompetent, skillless, stupid, but they somehow move up instantly. Working with top brass and now giving me orders. I can tell in 2 minutes that they have no idea what they're talking about, but no one questions anything! BS!

Problem is I can't survive at an entry level position in NY. I am considering starting everything over here at 33 years old. Don't know how much longer I can work for someone else, in general anymore. Don't know what to do right now.

Anyone else got job issues?

Yep, sounds like an IT job. Don't you know by now that technology is just supposed to work, and nobody cares how hard it is to keep everything up and running? We gets no respect, I tell ya! No respect at all.

I just put in SharePoint, and what are people bothering me about? COLORS! THE FREAKIN' COLOR SCHEME! That is the least of my worries right now.
post #126 of 1117 Old 11-11-2008, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

everyone's got job issues but at the same time, it's a tough economy right now.

I'm in IT, and I know how easy it is to track someone's comments are online so I will refrain from doing so but I will offer my opinions on this as well.

The tough part I guess is that timing is all wrong. The fact that the economy is the way it is right now means companies are not going to hire willy nilly. You can go several levels past the interview process but still end up no being their best candidate no matter how good you see yourself. A career change is extremely risky at the moment. Giving up benefits, tenure, senority etc. Relocation might be tough since they would most likely not provide relocation assistance unless you're a top notch graduate from a top tier school. sh*t man, they are letting Hardvard MBAs go on Wall Street. It's just the nature of the beast right now.

I guess as far as advice, you can take it or leave it, is that to find something you are passionate about and improve your skills in that area. Investing in yourself combined with hard work and a little bit of luck will always net you ahead in the end.

I Geez Zeus Me

post #127 of 1117 Old 11-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mproper View Post

Yep, sounds like an IT job. Don't you know by now that technology is just supposed to work, and nobody cares how hard it is to keep everything up and running? We gets no respect, I tell ya! No respect at all.

I just put in SharePoint, and what are people bothering me about? COLORS! THE FREAKIN' COLOR SCHEME! That is the least of my worries right now.

Well it's an 'art related' job, but I end up doing IT for people who think their computer is broken when the monitor is off.

Don't get me started on color man! I have to match colors to a science for what I do, but each office has different lighting, so obviously the color is going to change depending on where the print is going, time of day, shades drawn....! So they have me rematching this stuff for hours, and the next day, I have to do it again. What's worse is that there are mostly women, whose decision making is driven by emotion most of the time (believe me this is true). So on a good day, the colors are fine. The other 364 days of the year, I have to run around in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

I'm in IT, and I know how easy it is to track someone's comments are online so I will refrain from doing so but I will offer my opinions on this as well.

They would have enough content from my online rants to land me in Prison for life, so if they haven't already....
post #128 of 1117 Old 11-11-2008, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

well as far as the pool goes..it was 2 am and yes there was alcohol invloved , and no i never once thought about leaving the scene to go grab my camera.....and yes the neighbors wife is also a hottie, otherwise she wouldnt have been in the pool.

another downside is that when I got the pool I also got a heater...heated it for 1 month..and got a $450 gas bill on the other hand having a heated pool is the only way to get hotties in it at 2 AM...catch 22

No job issues with me..sorry to hear about yours I am more than content with my job..I would think twice before quitting and walking out though

xbox live GT: xXmaximus prime
PSN: maximus_rr
I have to go, I have a meeting with the bobs, uhhh I wasnt aware of any meeting......yeah they called me at home
post #129 of 1117 Old 11-11-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximuslcd View Post

well as far as the pool goes..it was 2 am and yes there was alcohol invloved , and no i never once thought about leaving the scene to go grab my camera.....and yes the neighbors wife is also a hottie, otherwise she wouldnt have been in the pool.

another downside is that when I got the pool I also got a heater...heated it for 1 month..and got a $450 gas bill on the other hand having a heated pool is the only way to get hotties in it at 2 AM...catch 22

No job issues with me..sorry to hear about yours I am more than content with my job..I would think twice before quitting and walking out though

post #130 of 1117 Old 11-11-2008, 12:36 PM

I love my current job. I've had 3 other jobs, and all of them, no matter how awesome the job itself could be, was worth near the amount of stress. Right now, I work with a very good group, I have wonderful management, and it's a very enjoyable company.

Prior to here, I did network architecture and system implenentation for a large Telco's ISP, then worked for the race department of a well known aftermarket company in the motorcycle industry, and finally for a manufacturer of industrial turf equipment. The first 2 were beyond tolerable, the second being beyond rediculous. Imagine getting written up because you didn't fit in with their fake-biker brotherhood. Literally.

Oh well, all is well here, and I make better money. The last couple days have been dead slow, however. So, all I do is chill out on the forums and do whatever comes my direction.
post #131 of 1117 Old 11-11-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nophix View Post

Do you wear big red shows and sell hamburgers as well? lol

Big red shoes , hamburgers and french fries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

And have a big red afro?

PShh... Is there another kind? Of course I do

XBL Gamer Tag : RocketKnight73 / xFRiT0 BANDiT0x
Fanboys = 30 year old men still living in their parents basements..Or dudes that have ZERO chance of gettin' some...
post #132 of 1117 Old 11-11-2008, 03:02 PM

so i see obama checked this thread out and wants a truck like rtweezy's

http://gizmodo.com/5082835/gm-workin...limo-for-obama

it looks like this factory direct:

now the US F'N President will have one! that Obama is one baaaad mothe.... SHUT YO MOUTH!
post #133 of 1117 Old 11-11-2008, 03:09 PM

busy busy busy out here. this industry can be very fickle though. one day stuff sells like hotcakes and the next its not. close to 10 years here and its a Union job to boot! although i would hate to imagine that i'll be here till my demise. i may move up to management at the 10 year mark simply cause i dont want to be assembling stuff forever! i want a cushy deskjob!
i believe once i fix my house up (its from the 50's people!) i'll start saving extra moo-laa and start a business. i grew up working at a fast food restaurant (family owned and operated) and so i may look into that.
my dad always said "Economy can be up or down, but people have to eat"
post #134 of 1117 Old 11-11-2008, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 301
This is what I drive in the summer,

It's got T-tops, 383 stroker with 429 rear wheel hp (dyno'd), turbo 400 trans and lots of goodies.
and in the winter I drive a 1995 cutlass supreme with 466,000 km on it lol. Still runs great. It used to be a commuter car when I lived on my farm.

favorite food is meatloaf! mmmmmmmmmm

edit. I also should note the grand prix now has 18's wraped in falken tires but it's parked for the snow.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #135 of 1117 Old 11-11-2008, 04:01 PM

ok im looking for 2 things right now:

1. a new 360 (arcade model, i already have a hard drive), but at a deal. found a coupon at Dell (ya, the pc people) that gave something like 15% off and the arcade would have come out to like 150 or 160, but got there a little too late. should i wait till black friday and maybe get some kind of deal? also maybe a pro model because of the bigger HDD. but only for a deal like 250

2. the jesus sandwhich: THE MCRIB!!!

no matter how many times you kill off this sandwhich McDonalds, its coming back!
anyone seen any lately?
post #136 of 1117 Old 11-11-2008, 04:01 PM

o micah, see my post count. not moving again. weird.
post #137 of 1117 Old 11-11-2008, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mproper View Post

Wait one second here. I was told by an IT guy in another forum that his answer to anyone who has a IT question is to tell them to "reboot and then Google it." That is how he has so much time to post on AVS

Gonzo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PSN: mule-tool
post #138 of 1117 Old 11-12-2008, 06:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by tronn View Post

ok im looking for 2 things right now:

2. the jesus sandwhich: THE MCRIB!!!

no matter how many times you kill off this sandwhich McDonalds, its coming back!
anyone seen any lately?

Damn you Tronn.. I cant stop thinking about this sandwich!

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #139 of 1117 Old 11-12-2008, 06:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

tronn, you're getting throttled! nah, I don't know, you just post so dang fast, it's like there's three of you!

Most of the time, a lot of computer issues have happened before so Googling is a valid tactic. Of course, I would never ask my users to do so, that's just not doing their job. Over the years, when you hear of something, it's already happened before so most of the time I can tell what their problem is before they finish their sentence. Other times though, they give so little detail that I have to dig it out of them.

Anyways, enough talk about work! That's depressing enough that I have be there still today...

I Geez Zeus Me

post #140 of 1117 Old 11-12-2008, 06:41 AM

McRib, making people like me 30lbs fatter once every 10 years or so.
post #141 of 1117 Old 11-12-2008, 06:57 AM
Advanced Member

What is this love affair with the McRib all of a sudden? Give me some pulled pork sandwich with vinegar anyday. Now the Arch Deluxe is something I can get down with!
post #142 of 1117 Old 11-12-2008, 07:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Payne.. where the hell do you find a decent pulled pork sandwich in the city?? I've yet to find decent BBQ in NYC

post #143 of 1117 Old 11-12-2008, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

My car is an ex-ricer. Actually, I'm making it less ricey, by recently removing the 'sport exhaust' for a stock muffler with nice 3" tip, and changing out the custom front bumper for a stock bumper with a lip.

97 Acura Integra LS - freshly painted (from white to 2008 Pontiac G6 black w/gray flakes).

New 5% tint (Pigs, lay off my tints!)

New Angel projector lights with real 12000K HID kit.

New Viper alarm that doesn't like to auto start my car 75% of the time, when it's supposed to.

Pics all taken before I lowered it about 2" to eliminate the fender gap, before the tint job, and before I replaced the corner light housing for clear ones.

Not much, but infinitely better than the white ricer that it used to be, thanks to the previous owner and my own neglect for not doing anything to it for the past 2 years.

No, I don't condone street racing, nor does my car sound like a renegade lawnmower. Strictly to A and B.

post #144 of 1117 Old 11-12-2008, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Payne.. where the hell do you find a decent pulled pork sandwich in the city?? I've yet to find decent BBQ in NYC

The best I know of is Virgils in Time Square. GREAT place (for NY anyway, I have southern roots, so... )

Get yerself a "Pig Out Platter" it has a mix of almost everything, however I found the brisket dry.

Someone was telling me of a BBQ joint that was better... Can't remember right now, if I do I'll post it up!
post #145 of 1117 Old 11-12-2008, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I love this thread...so off topic!

nice rides everyone...I wish I had something to show but I'm in save mode since I'm getting married in June

I Geez Zeus Me

post #146 of 1117 Old 11-12-2008, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtweezy View Post

Well, it's got a dt-466 diesel engine which gets around 9mpg which is pretty good considering it weighs 27,000 lbs. Oh and it drives pretty well, if you can drive a car you can drive a CXT.

DT466... nice mill.

I loves me some torque. Miss my tuned up Ford 7.3 aka T444.

-Steve
post #147 of 1117 Old 11-12-2008, 08:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I cant beleive how many "street racers" who have basically stock engined Honda's anyways.. try and race each other. All you really hear is the lawnmower engine revs.. but the car doesnt move any faster.

Now if you really did put the time/money/effort into making your Honda fast.. either through engine swaps or turbos.. then yeah you are possibly talkin about 14 second car.. maybe 13's.. given enough mods and money. But for those with a $99 intake and exhaust.. "racing" each other.. with 16 second cars.. I cant help but laugh. Its still pretty popular here in jersey.. and every once in a while when Im in the mood I like to blow their doors off in my completely stock GS400. Its even funnier when they try and race me on the bike.. I dont even bother anymore.. :0)

I'm actually proud to see you non-ricing your Acura Shin. That Integra deserves better than that. It really is a great performing car that still delivers great gas milage. I dont understand why more Honda/Acura owners do not reward their car for what it does great already.. instead of trying to turn it into something it was never meant to be. And I think what you have done with the car right now has it looking perfect.

Believe it or not I was a ricer/racer when I was early 20 something. I actually did the exact same thing with my Honda Accord.. about 12 (yes TWELVE) years ago.. lol. That is rice it up.. and then un-rice it.

That was my first, last and only ricer. I remember taking it to the shop and getting the "performance exhaust" and 4" tip put on it. And the muffler shop just looking at me.. like why would you do this to an Accord?? Bare in mind this was 1996 in Norfolk, Va. So I was pretty much the first person to ever do it in that area.

List of mods I had on that car:
Greddy (or Geddy.. cant remember) Exhaust with 4" tip
AEM Cold air intake
Performance headers
Neuspeed 2" lowering race springs
Neuspeed strut tower brace
Neuspeed anti roll bar
16" Eibach wheels (hey 18's were the biggest you could get in 1996.. I was ballin!!)
Cross Drilled Rotors
Performance brake pads
20% tint

Here are a few pics of the old accord:

Yes I wrecked it.. yes street racing.. :0(

Got pics of that too.. but cant find it.

I did get a chance to AutoCross the car before I wrecked it.. which was alot of fun. Given the time and opp again.. I'd like to try my hand at club racing a car again. Its loads of fun with a bike, but very expensive. I imagine its alot cheaper with a vehicle, because you dont wreck as much. :0)

post #148 of 1117 Old 11-12-2008, 08:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

The best I know of is Virgils in Time Square. GREAT place (for NY anyway, I have southern roots, so... )

Get yerself a "Pig Out Platter" it has a mix of almost everything, however I found the brisket dry.

Someone was telling me of a BBQ joint that was better... Can't remember right now, if I do I'll post it up!

Everything in Times Square is so ****in expensive.. but I'll give it a try. I work right in Chelsea dude.. where are you in the city?

post #149 of 1117 Old 11-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member

I ride in a different car everyday. Got a driver who gets me to work on time, much faster than if I drove myself. Anywhere I go, the driver is there to pick me up and take me where ever I go.

The subway.

Quote:

Everything in Times Square is so ****in expensive.. but I'll give it a try. I work right in Chelsea dude.. where are you in the city?

Yeah. I work in Times Square. Virgils is overpriced, when you know anywhere below VA you can get a whole BBQ feast for under $10. $10 for lunch everyday 'round here for dumb stuff like a small Pret sandwich. Or get killed at one of those self serve delis, where they serve leftovers everyday.

Anyway though, for BBQ everynow and then, it's worth it at Virgils. And +1 about the Korean BBQ 32nd street. Actually Korean food in general is quite good. Reminds me of southern cooking in a way. Different ingredients, but home style like gramma made.
post #150 of 1117 Old 11-12-2008, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I ride in a different car everyday. Got a driver who gets me to work on time, much faster than if I drove myself. Anywhere I go, the driver is there to pick me up and take me where ever I go.

The subway.

I was guessing a cab!

I Geez Zeus Me

Closed Thread Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page