hdmi and component xbox 360 at same time? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-15-2012, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 582
if a guy can afford 4 "Sony LED 1080P dope HDTV's", he can afford a $150 Xbox...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2013, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I like these ideas:D and i believe you can hook up both with the Xbox 360 slim due to mono price stating this: "The tooled polycarbonate connector heads are the smallest HDMI connectors available, which means they can fit in tight spaces, such as on an Xbox 360 Slim with an analog audio cable installed." for their Ultra Slim Series High Performance HDMI® Cable w/ RedMere® Technology. So i am very tempted to try this on mine... biggrin.gif
Old 03-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinUnderwood View Post

I like these ideas:D and i believe you can hook up both with the Xbox 360 slim due to mono price stating this: "The tooled polycarbonate connector heads are the smallest HDMI connectors available, which means they can fit in tight spaces, such as on an Xbox 360 Slim with an analog audio cable installed." for their Ultra Slim Series High Performance HDMI® Cable w/ RedMere® Technology. So i am very tempted to try this on mine... biggrin.gif

Try this first; Plug in a standard HD/SD AV Component cable to the AV connector receptacle on the 360. Now, look carefully at the side of the connector and note how much space there is between the AV connector housing and the entrance to the HDMI connector receptacle. An HDMI cable connector housing would have to have virtually negative height to fit there. The only solution is to remove the AV connector housing and even then the thinnest HDMI connector in the world is still bent downward to some extent to be able to squeeze in below the AV connector. There are some 3rd party aftermarket AV cables that have a slim connector housing much like the official Microsoft and Monoprice HDMI AV audio dongles. With any of those, just about any HDMI cable will coexist. The HDMI AV audio dongles are useless for this app since the point is to get component HD out. So, only a slim 3rd party HD/SD AV Component cable could work without some trailer park/ghetto mods.

P.J.