Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.......*2* - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
formulanerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 9,373
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
that idea could work.... some tactical round robin type playlist.... if you're interested you can select it, if not, just choose what you'd normally choose


as far as classes, i'd say there are already classes, and being able to customize with create-a-class is better than any other class based system i've used.

each weapon type affects what type of soldier you are, mobility, etc.... they could do a little more with the thin line that seperates some classes, maybe make them less like each other, different things, but thats what perks are for.

if you think about it, a battlefield game would have a sniper class

the sniper class would get a ghillie suit
the sniper class would get a scoped rifle
the sniper class would get a nice pistol or super sub-compact for close range

but with COD, you pick exactly what you want..... i think its a better system.

if a chopper comes out, i dont want to have to pick a demolition build because it has rockets and i'm stuck running around with a shotgun.

strict classing works well in some games (i love TF2) but i think the COD system just works better..... i mean add the revive and maybe armor (similar to RB6) heavier armor = less mobility... you could keep it so that health regens like normal, but armor doesnt regen until you die and respawn

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
formulanerd is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
ddrheretic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nw Indiana
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

COD4 is God.

COD4 II is Jesus.

We have reached the Messiah.

You should have asked the holy ghost to roll with you in waw. Or if you dislike the holy ghost the mp40 with juggy works as well.
---
I've finished neither sp campaign on cod4/waw.. If you could build your own class and got points like you do on mp I would love the sp.. I've played so many first person shooters that if there is no incentive to push on other than Achievement points I'm out.

What will become - Is my Will
ddrheretic is offline  
post #63 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
number1laing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,993
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd View Post

each weapon type affects what type of soldier you are, mobility, etc.... they could do a little more with the thin line that seperates some classes, maybe make them less like each other, different things, but thats what perks are for.

BF2 had weapon unlocks for each class, so there was customization there. Anbd obviously there are unlocks in TF2, poorly done IMO but they are there (I don't like what Valve has done with TF2), which give some differentiation potential among classes.

The real reason a system like this exists is to give support a better role. In BF2 I could help out the team with regens, or handing out ammo, or health kits, or whatever. It was great fun to do it, and it worked great. In a game like CoD this type of role just doesn't exist.

I flat out said I didn't know how well a system like this would work in a CoD type environment, and the CoD4/WaW fanbase is too entrenched to embrace a change anyway. And there is something to be said for CoD4's simplicity.

But I think IW could do a fantastic job with it if they wanted. Maybe in a different franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd View Post

if a chopper comes out, i dont want to have to pick a demolition build because it has rockets and i'm stuck running around with a shotgun.

The whole point isn't that formulanerd is the uberwarrior. You would have to rely on the demolition people on his team to take out the helicopter for him. As I am sure you know, helicopters were very abundant in BF2.
number1laing is offline  
post #64 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Advanced Member
 
ddrheretic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nw Indiana
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing View Post

BF2 had weapon unlocks for each class, so there was customization there. Anbd obviously there are unlocks in TF2, poorly done IMO but they are there (I don't like what Valve has done with TF2), which give some differentiation potential among classes.

The real reason a system like this exists is to give support a better role. In BF2 I could help out the team with regens, or handing out ammo, or health kits, or whatever. It was great fun to do it, and it worked great. In a game like CoD this type of role just doesn't exist.

I flat out said I didn't know how well a system like this would work in a CoD type environment, and the CoD4/WaW fanbase is too entrenched to embrace a change anyway. And there is something to be said for CoD4's simplicity.

But I think IW could do a fantastic job with it if they wanted. Maybe in a different franchise.



The whole point isn't that formulanerd is the uberwarrior. You would have to rely on the demolition people on his team to take out the helicopter for him. As I am sure you know, helicopters were very abundant in BF2.

I have a phobia about relying on other people.. Started during the quake 1 days.

What will become - Is my Will
ddrheretic is offline  
post #65 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
number1laing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,993
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrheretic View Post

I have a phobia about relying on other people.. Started during the quake 1 days.

Obviously this is an issue if you are playing team based games.
number1laing is offline  
post #66 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
mikeloxlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicagoland aka Wes-Burbs, Illinois
Posts: 6,229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 145
whoa buddy, we love change which is why we bitch and moan to IW (iamfourzerotwo.com) all the time...well, we used to.

if they made it like that, it wouldn't be COD anymore...

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
mikeloxlong is offline  
post #67 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
mikeloxlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicagoland aka Wes-Burbs, Illinois
Posts: 6,229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing View Post

Obviously this is an issue if you are playing team based games.

LOL! Unless they are your friends, it's not too fun to rely on other people for kills or to do the right thing

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
mikeloxlong is offline  
post #68 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
ddrheretic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nw Indiana
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing View Post

Obviously this is an issue if you are playing team based games.

It's more than an issue in team games. It also complicates the game of life as well.

Although I did once connect with a group of people in wow.. I miss those 40 man raids.. I miss Necrana even more.. I gave my account to my niece and she hasn't left the house except for school in like 3 years now. woops.

What will become - Is my Will
ddrheretic is offline  
post #69 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
number1laing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,993
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

if they made it like that, it wouldn't be COD anymore...

Well, this is what I mean. Sure IW can make some changes around the edges, but they can't change it too much... or else its not CoD or something. IMO that type of thinking is bad (after all, CoD4 multi is *totally* different from the multi in the other games in the series, so whats wrong with ripping it up again if it makes the game better), but it is what it is and IW has to work with it.
number1laing is offline  
post #70 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Advanced Member
 
munkyxtc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Douglassville, PA
Posts: 571
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of guests in MP. That's the one thing that I love about halo is that I can have people over and we can play online against other people. I wish the developers would start adding this in more games. Sure, maybe not in ranked but I would certainly like the ability to go online with friends without having to have extra consoles or paid accounts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
munkyxtc is offline  
post #71 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sirjonsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,484
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrheretic View Post

You should have asked the holy ghost to roll with you in waw. Or if you dislike the holy ghost the mp40 with juggy works as well.
---
I've finished neither sp campaign on cod4/waw.. If you could build your own class and got points like you do on mp I would love the sp.. I've played so many first person shooters that if there is no incentive to push on other than Achievement points I'm out.

You have cheated yourself greatly by not completing the COD4 campaign.
sirjonsnow is offline  
post #72 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member
 
ddrheretic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nw Indiana
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

You have cheated yourself greatly by not completing the COD4 campaign.

Don't worry hombre, it's not the first time I cheated myself.

What will become - Is my Will
ddrheretic is offline  
post #73 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 12:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Daekwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 10,262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing View Post

Get rid of martyrdom for sure..

Leave martydom in. But maybe increase the level in which you earn it.

1) Martydom raises the level of diffulculty for getting kill streaks for guys that love to run and gun.. and shoot from the hip with the MP5 and other SMGs. You have to think a second before you run over the body of that guy you just shot in the back... because you flanked the hell outta his team and ran up on everyone by surprised. And if you dont bother to take that second and think about it.. then there goes your kill streak out the window.

2) It also helps deal with the campers. If youre camping and you kill me once.. best believe I'm coming back into the area you were at. If I dont kill you with my gun.. best believe martydom will finish you off.

3) I also like the Jihad aspect to it. I love nothing more than see 3 or 4 guys huddle in the same room, or finding a spawn point and just running in their guns blazing know that I will die.. but if i got to go.. we all gots to go.

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daekwan is offline  
post #74 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
ddrheretic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nw Indiana
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

Leave martydom in. But maybe increase the level in which you earn it.

1) Martydom raises the level of diffulculty for getting kill streaks for guys that love to run and gun.. and shoot from the hip with the MP5 and other SMGs. You have to think a second before you run over the body of that guy you just shot in the back... because you flanked the hell outta his team and ran up on everyone by surprised. And if you dont bother to take that second and think about it.. then there goes your kill streak out the window.

2) It also helps deal with the campers. If youre camping and you kill me once.. best believe I'm coming back into the area you were at. If I dont kill you with my gun.. best believe martyrdom will finish you off.

3) I also like the Jihad aspect to it. I love nothing more than see 3 or 4 guys huddle in the same room, or finding a spawn point and just running in their guns blazing know that I will die.. but if i got to go.. we all gots to go.

Trust me skilled players laugh at people coming back to their spot with martyrdom. It almost makes me rock hard when someone comes back 5 times and I dance around like this shi7 is dirty dancing and blast someones helmet off.

This didn't even mesh with the conversation heh.

What will become - Is my Will
ddrheretic is offline  
post #75 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 01:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Daekwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 10,262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Well I guess I must not play against skilled players then. Id say it works for me 50% of the time, theres not but so many places to hide on the same maps we ALL have been playing for last 17 months.

Then again what do I know.. I barely play this game.. :0)

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daekwan is offline  
post #76 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kjr39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 55
No martyrdom or 2nd chance.

And, no one puts ddrhetetic in a corner...

Salminella has become legend (or something like that):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kjr39 is online now  
post #77 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 01:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Daekwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 10,262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 333
lol!!

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daekwan is offline  
post #78 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
ddrheretic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nw Indiana
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr39 View Post

No martyrdom or 2nd chance.

And, no one puts ddrhetetic in a corner...

LOL! Put me in a corner.. Unless I have 3 or 4 people coming at me I will prance around like never before and emerge victorious. Wait is this cod4 or cod hitler.

Yes I am drinking and yes Daekwan your on my friends list. I have always liked you.

What will become - Is my Will
ddrheretic is offline  
post #79 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
mikeloxlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicagoland aka Wes-Burbs, Illinois
Posts: 6,229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 145
bromance..................................

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
mikeloxlong is offline  
post #80 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
ddrheretic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nw Indiana
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

bromance..................................

Wait! Wait! Daekawn has nothing to do with this.. He is just more like able than you. Personally message me and we can work this out big daddy.

Damn I was asking this older woman about her double d's on myspace and I must have went to far.. BUT WHY!

What will become - Is my Will
ddrheretic is offline  
post #81 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
mikeloxlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicagoland aka Wes-Burbs, Illinois
Posts: 6,229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 145
why you never play COD4 with us will always be a mystery to me...

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
mikeloxlong is offline  
post #82 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 01:31 PM
Advanced Member
 
ddrheretic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nw Indiana
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

why you never play COD4 with is will always be a mystery to me...

Because I am scared.. I do awesome ffa but with teams I am sub par. I hate letting anyone down. Ever.

What will become - Is my Will
ddrheretic is offline  
post #83 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
formulanerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 9,373
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrheretic View Post

Because I am scared.. I do awesome ffa but with teams I am sub par. I hate letting anyone down. Ever.


conversations between you and your father must be rough.













j/k

you should really play some matches with us!

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
formulanerd is offline  
post #84 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
mikeloxlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicagoland aka Wes-Burbs, Illinois
Posts: 6,229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 145
yeah, we drink and play COD4!

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
mikeloxlong is offline  
post #85 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
ddrheretic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nw Indiana
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My father and I actually have great talks. He only tells me if I start a methlab he will make the police bust me.

What will become - Is my Will
ddrheretic is offline  
post #86 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 01:35 PM
 
tronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,730
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
repent and join my bawls.... list
tronn is offline  
post #87 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Hksvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 3,398
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 34
EDIT: I like this place.
Hksvr4 is offline  
post #88 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 01:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Daekwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 10,262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrheretic View Post

Because I am scared.. I do awesome ffa but with teams I am sub par. I hate letting anyone down. Ever.

Dude I let everyone down lol. Half of the time I'm playing Im actually making a drink in the kitchen and just pressing the trigger every once in a while. Im always surprised when I come back and I havent been killed yet..

Seriously tho.. we could give a **** less about teamwork and/or stats. We just all have a good time. Nobody cares how good or bad somebody does.. and nobody cares about kill ratios or win streaks. We have just as much if we win 5 games in a row.. as we do when we lose 5 games in a row.

Next time we are all online.. I'll shoot you an invite.. no matter what game you are playing. Come join in the fun.

And for the record I drink Jameson, Vodka or do Tequila shots every time Im playing COD4.. I guarantee you if drinking was COD4.. I'd be a Golden Cross lvl 55 Alcoholic.

A few other guys (LittleJeans.. DownaFew) also drink whenever they are playing too

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daekwan is offline  
post #89 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 01:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Daekwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 10,262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 333
OHHH.. we actually ALL played FFA last nite.. not sure how that happened.. but it was 8 people in there.. all AVS members!

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daekwan is offline  
post #90 of 13772 Old 03-04-2009, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dobieck1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 3,360
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

Dude I let everyone down lol. Half of the time I'm playing Im actually making a drink in the kitchen and just pressing the trigger every once in a while. Im always surprised when I come back and I havent been killed yet..

Seriously tho.. we could give a **** less about teamwork and/or stats. We just all have a good time. Nobody cares how good or bad somebody does.. and nobody cares about kill ratios or win streaks. We have just as much if we win 5 games in a row.. as we do when we lose 5 games in a row.

Next time we are all online.. I'll shoot you an invite.. no matter what game you are playing. Come join in the fun.

And for the record I drink Jameson, Vodka or do Tequila shots every time Im playing COD4.. I guarantee you if drinking was COD4.. I'd be a Golden Cross lvl 55 Alcoholic.

A few other guys (LittleJeans.. DownaFew) also drink whenever they are playing too


Yeah, man. I just got an xbox last Sunday and started playing this game last Sunday.

I suck serious balls and taint cause I am still learning the maps and how to aim.

I think I get 3 kills 11 deaths every match.

Last night I had an all 1s and 0s. 1 kill 0 assists 10 deaths.

But I'd rather play with this crew than the randoms I get stuck with any day of the week. Its a freaking blast.

Here to help and learn. Thanks AVS.
XBL: HoosierInOhio

dobieck1 is offline  
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off