post #13591 of 13772 Old 07-20-2011, 11:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

You are going to play MW2 on the PC now? I haven't played this game on a PC so I have no useful information to give you. Sorry.

Naw...I mean I would play MW2 on the PC now just to quell the learning curve, get ready for MW3. I just hear all these dudes talk about mouse/keyboard > console and I start salivating. I've sported a solid 4.45 KDR on my hacked account and now rock a solid over 2.0 on my new account with about 1/3 of the days played than my old account. I just wanna rape (& pillage). Plus I know Battlefield 3 isn't going to look near as nice on console as it does on PC (& MW3 for that matter). I dunno. Just want something new...plus Microsoft is giving away free 360 consoles to new PC buys over the cost of $750 I believe...

"OmfgItzThaMack" on XBL, Steam, & Origin...

facebook.com/craiglevere
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13592 of 13772 Old 07-21-2011, 12:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmfgItzThaMack View Post

Well while you're waiting answer me this........I'm thinking about switching over to PC, what do you or any other peeps in this thread think?

Graphically, PC will top Xbox, particularly for BF3. I've seen the PC vs PS3 comparisons and the PC version looks amazing. Not sure about MW3, since I don't know if the PC is a console port or not. I used to game quite a bit on PC when I was into Counter Strike, BF 1942, COD 1. I was far better on PC w/ mouse and keyboard. Always top 10 or 25 on servers I played. So much easier to get headshots, particularly on CS.

As far as MW2 on PC, the PC crowd didn't respond to it as favorably as COD4 since they dropped dedicated servers. Many felt burned. Considering that MW3 is suppose to go back to roots of COD4 if I were going PC I would get COD4 over MW2. I haven't looked into PC builds for over a year now since I decided to get a laptop instead of building a gaming PC when my Alienware died. Not sure what the price point and/or specs needed to max out settings for upcoming games. I would be very leering of getting a gaming build before the game came out. If you already have a nice gaming rig, that's a different story.

Personally I would struggle going back to PC gaming since I haven't done it in a while, though when I first started PC gaming it was rough at first, but I improved dramatically. I assume that I could get it back. I don't know how I would like going back and forth, if that's what you intend on doing. It would be frustrating to be so dominant on PC and then faring worse on Xbox.

Hope you don't go strictly PC for BF3 and MW3 because I will most likely be getting both for Xbox.
post #13593 of 13772 Old 07-21-2011, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Yeah I am all about Apple products so I wouldn't be building a windows machine just to play MW3. I am used to the consoles and going to stick to them for all my gaming needs. Craig, I do hope that you stay with console too so we can play =]

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #13594 of 13772 Old 07-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Advanced Member

Yeah I'm going to keep my console...I just get tired of all the little scrub kids on live OMA/DC Tubing and talking smack. From what I hear the PC community has it's flaws as well but I've gathered the crowd is more mature.

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #13595 of 13772 Old 07-21-2011, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah I'm going to keep my console...I just get tired of all the little scrub kids on live OMA/DC Tubing and talking smack. From what I hear the PC community has it's flaws as well but I've gathered the crowd is more mature.

You are going to run into scrubs no matter where you go to game. It's the nature of multiplayer gaming. Remember when we used to go to the arcades to play Street Fighter or whatever and you will run in to the guy that just shoots fireballs at you or corner traps you and waits for you jump so he can uppercut you. Sometimes yo just gotta fight fire with fire.

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #13596 of 13772 Old 07-21-2011, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I dug out my MW2 disc the other day to finish the "Spec Ops" missions.
While the MP is cool I always thought the solo and co-op Spec Ops mode was the coolest thing in MW2. So far I've gotten through half the Delta missions on "Regular" and it's going to be a real grind to go beyond that which is good because I like a challenge.
post #13597 of 13772 Old 07-21-2011, 12:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 335
Quote:

Yeah I am all about Apple products so I wouldn't be building a windows machine just to play MW3. I am used to the consoles and going to stick to them for all my gaming needs.

Going to get the new 13" Macbook Air as soon as I get off work today. Would have gone during my lunch hour, but I'm taking my lil sister who's still in school so I can the education discount + $100 iTunes gift card.

100% agree I do all my gaming on either my 360, iPhone or iPad.

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #13598 of 13772 Old 07-21-2011, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

Going to get the new 13" Macbook Air as soon as I get off work today. Would have gone during my lunch hour, but I'm taking my lil sister who's still in school so I can the education discount + $100 iTunes gift card.

+1
after being a PC builder for 15 years I gave up on M$ and went all Apple a year ago. My life is better for it.

Same with going with the Xbox360 for gaming. I loved PC gaming, but it became too expensive and too much of a hassle as I got older.
(I don't want to have 2 chat clients open to communicate with my clanmates!)

When it came to working on PC's I got tired of spending my time constantly fixing & tweaking M$ Windows issues to optimize my systems when I should've be working or being creative.

BTW - Just bought an Apple i7 2.66GHz quad-core MBP yesterday. Can't wait for it to get here.
post #13599 of 13772 Old 07-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Advanced Member

Yeah I hear you guys...

Hopefully MW3 will address a lot of the issues that MW2 had.

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #13600 of 13772 Old 07-21-2011, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

GF sold the iPad yesterday and we are upgrading to the iPad2 today. I too need to buy another laptop for the gf and she wanted another MackBook Pro but I think I may have convinced her to get the Air instead since she will be traveling with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

+1
after being a PC builder for 15 years I gave up on M$ and went all Apple a year ago. My life is better for it.

QFT! I love what Apple has done to make everything so much better and easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post

Same with going with the Xbox360 for gaming. I loved PC gaming, but it became too expensive and too much of a hassle as I got older.
(I don't want to have 2 chat clients open to communicate with my clanmates!)

When it came to working on PC's I got tired of spending my time constantly fixing & tweaking M$ Windows issues to optimize my systems when I should've be working or being creative.

BTW - Just bought an Apple i7 2.66GHz quad-core MBP yesterday. Can't wait for it to get here.

Agreed.

I upgraded to Lion last night as well.

post #13601 of 13772 Old 08-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Advanced Member

Hey guys message me to find out how to win some free Sennheiser HD 598's and HD 800's.

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #13602 of 13772 Old 08-23-2011, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Oh man we had a really close game last night but we ended up winning. GG Eric. I really don't see what the fuss is about killstreaks but I don't recall getting overpowered by any of that from any of the games last night. Did you?

post #13603 of 13772 Old 08-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Oh man we had a really close game last night but we ended up winning. GG Eric. I really don't see what the fuss is about killstreaks but I don't recall getting overpowered by any of that from any of the games last night. Did you?

I'm having serious withdrawels.......

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #13604 of 13772 Old 08-23-2011, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm having serious withdrawels.......

lol! don't fight it.

post #13605 of 13772 Old 08-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

lol! don't fight it.

I'm not...I'm at my dads in a rural area in MO and the ISP out here isn't live friendly, plus my mixamp broke and I had to send it in, yep...sucks.

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #13606 of 13772 Old 08-23-2011, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm not...I'm at my dads in a rural area in MO and the ISP out here isn't live friendly, plus my mixamp broke and I had to send it in, yep...sucks.

You don't "need" your mixamp to play. Sometimes I play with no sound and still do quite alright and even come out on top in some matches. The internet connection is another issue all together. If you are on dial up then yeah I understand. What connection are you on anyway?

post #13607 of 13772 Old 08-23-2011, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yeah that match on Overgrown was fun. We were behind in the closing minutes, but I kept killing guys trying to cap A on the bridge, which helped put us over the top. You would think that they would try coming at me in a group, but each time it was one guy. Funny as S#!7, lol!

The majority of matches we played were really close. We either won or lost by 10 points.

Let me know if and/or when you get back on tonight. I'll look for you tonight. I've only played a few times this month so I'm still shaking the rust off, lol.
post #13608 of 13772 Old 08-23-2011, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3Orion View Post
Yeah that match on Overgrown was fun. We were behind in the closing minutes, but I kept killing guys trying to cap A on the bridge, which helped put us over the top. You would think that they would try coming at me in a group, but each time it was one guy. Funny as S#!7, lol!

The majority of matches we played were really close. We either won or lost by 10 points.

Let me know if and/or when you get back on tonight. I'll look for you tonight. I've only played a few times this month so I'm still shaking the rust off, lol.
I have a photoshoot tonight but it's near my house so I wont be out too long. Not sure when I will be done either but I will get on tonight if I can.

post #13609 of 13772 Old 08-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
You don't "need" your mixamp to play.
Nope, I'm a soundwhore...

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #13610 of 13772 Old 08-23-2011, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Nope, I'm a soundwhore...
Proud soundwhore here as well. Though recently I've been turning the volume down a bit because the constant explosions, air support is a bit off-putting. I used to play with TV speakers before I got my AD700s, and still did well, but once I got used to headphones, there was no going back. I use speakers for single player only.

Craig, get back on ASAP, even if it means using TV speakers while your mixamp is MIA. You're really the only one that I consistently play FFA and barebones with.
post #13611 of 13772 Old 08-23-2011, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah Craig, I am down for FFA or BB Pro anytime but please no HC mode or S&D. I can't stand them and it's not that I am not good at them. The respawn wait time and having to watch others play and waiting for the round to end is a waste of time. I want to be active throughout the entire match.

post #13612 of 13772 Old 08-23-2011, 09:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3Orion View Post

Proud soundwhore here as well. Though recently I've been turning the volume down a bit because the constant explosions, air support is a bit off-putting. I used to play with TV speakers before I got my AD700s, and still did well, but once I got used to headphones, there was no going back. I use speakers for single player only.

Craig, get back on ASAP, even if it means using TV speakers while your mixamp is MIA. You're really the only one that I consistently play FFA and barebones with.

For sure brother...I'm dying out here I tell ya! I was actually able to play a few games a couple of nights ago. After "searching" for a match for about twenty minutes I finally was placed in one. However, and this is a big however...with crappy audio I was not feelin' the situation at all. Like you said after playing with a headset there's no going back. I will be back on sometime around the 1st. I'll be hooking up to my boys 55" 1080p Plasma down at his office so I'll more than likely be on quite a bit during the day. This is OT but I don't know if I mentioned that I'm out on a two month vacation/journey...Missouri (now) until the 1st, the Arizona, then Hawaii the 16th-29th, then back to AZ and then I'm still deciding if I'm going to go up to Seattle or not. Kinda playin' that part of the vaca' by ear right now.

Quote:

Yeah Craig, I am down for FFA or BB Pro anytime but please no HC mode or S&D. I can't stand them and it's not that I am not good at them. The respawn wait time and having to watch others play and waiting for the round to end is a waste of time. I want to be active throughout the entire match.

Yeah I hear you on that...it's mostly those snipers that are looking for that for that quad-feed killcam that play search anyways. And I can't even remember when the last time I played HC was anyways. But I really want to start playing some more TDM anyways especially when we have 4-6 guys partied up! Can't wait for MW3 so pumped!

EDIT: Forgot to mention I sold my glossy slim today! Snagging the Matte Black one and throwing my old 120gb hard drive in...problem solved.

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #13613 of 13772 Old 08-25-2011, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Got bored of BLops, so picked this up for the first time.

I've heard the latest update took care many of the hacks. Are hacks still going on, and is there anything to look out for to give away a hacked lobby?
post #13614 of 13772 Old 08-25-2011, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daschrier View Post

Got bored of BLops, so picked this up for the first time.

I've heard the latest update took care many of the hacks. Are hacks still going on, and is there anything to look out for to give away a hacked lobby?

I haven't seen any hacks lately but there are 10th prestige lobbies out there. Usually you get invited to those lobbies and on rare occasion you may get dropped into one. You will know you are in such a lobby if you score million points per kill or capture flag. If the number points has a "+" then you are in a 10th prestige lobby and if it has "-" then you are in a deranking lobby. That's all I know.

post #13615 of 13772 Old 08-25-2011, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 565
I... I love this game. Damn the commando knives and noob tubes this is still my favorite CoD. Honestly, mw2 could take a dump in my cereal bowl and I'd still like it better than black ops. Only problem is I suck from all the time spent playing 3arcs POS... Oh well, time to put in some practice for mw3!

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #13616 of 13772 Old 08-25-2011, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

I... I love this game. Damn the commando knives and noob tubes this is still my favorite CoD. Honestly, mw2 could take a dump in my cereal bowl and I'd still like it better than black ops. Only problem is I suck from all the time spent playing 3arcs POS... Oh well, time to put in some practice for mw3!

MW2 is faster that's why people coming to it from playing other fps feel that they suck even though they don't and a few games of mw2 will bring you up to speed. I was the same way coming back from blops but after playing for an hour I was fine.

Also, if you haven't done so, change your button layout to tactical and practice doing drop shots and jump drop shots. Helps out immensely especially when up against skilled players.

post #13617 of 13772 Old 08-26-2011, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Eric, I had to get off with the quickness because I was feeling nauseated and if I stayed for one more game I would have vomited all over. It's mostly likely due to the medication I am taking and hydrocodone ain't no joke. Sometimes it makes me feel really good, lol! then there are times when I am like turning inside out.

post #13618 of 13772 Old 08-26-2011, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 565
Quote:

MW2 is faster that's why people coming to it from playing other fps feel that they suck even though they don't and a few games of mw2 will bring you up to speed. I was the same way coming back from blops but after playing for an hour I was fine.

Also, if you haven't done so, change your button layout to tactical and practice doing drop shots and jump drop shots. Helps out immensely especially when up against skilled players.

I play on tactical but I don't drop shot. While I see the advantage to going prone from time to time-- I think drop shot[ing] is one of the most hilariously ineffective defenses I've ever seen! Maybe I'm different but that crap rarely works against me. I made some poor kid so angry last night in FFA as I just giggled after every time I scored a headshot as he was going prone! Lol!

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #13619 of 13772 Old 08-26-2011, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

I play on tactical but I don't drop shot. While I see the advantage to going prone from time to time-- I think drop shot[ing] is one of the most hilariously ineffective defenses I've ever seen! Maybe I'm different but that crap rarely works against me. I made some poor kid so angry last night in FFA as I just giggled after every time I scored a headshot as he was going prone! Lol!

Not a drop shotter either. It rarely works against me so I don't see the benefit. Maybe it works well against noobs. It is the same thing as the idiots who jump all over. It doesn't help them except to make their aiming more difficult.

Man I hope I can get on soon. Eager to play again but just haven't had the time to sit down and play.

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: TheRealMaxPower

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

Theater- Benq W1070    Elite 120" projection...

post #13620 of 13772 Old 08-26-2011, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Got my a$$ handed to me last night. True, I just got the game and know nothing about the maps, but atleast in Blops I felt like I had a chance.

Still getting used to the difference in class load out options.

Definately feels more of an "arcade" game than Blops does, not meant as a slam, but the game does feel very different.
Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page