Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.......*2* - Page 456 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #13651 of 13772 Old 09-12-2011, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
coyote_5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Ahhh yes, the model 1887s are a thing of beauty! I wonder if I have dual wield unlocked on those yet... If I remember correctly, they weren't so bad after IW nerfed them.

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
coyote_5 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #13652 of 13772 Old 09-12-2011, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jitu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_5 View Post

Ahhh yes, the model 1887s are a thing of beauty! I wonder if I have dual wield unlocked on those yet... If I remember correctly, they weren't so bad after IW nerfed them.

They nerfed it so much that it's now useless past 5ft. If they made the distance ad much as the other shotguns then I would use that a lot more. Something about the sound it makes when you fire it just make one feel happy.

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757


bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
jitu is offline  
post #13653 of 13772 Old 09-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
Cool Face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 877
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeno View Post

The best way I've found to deal with noob tubers, is flank and destroy.

Sometimes I get all Neo on 'em and run at them while pulling some matrix moves left and right... Satisfies like a Snickers bar to know that last thing they saw was me moving like Jagger coming at 'em with a knife aimed at their skull!
Cool Face is offline  
post #13654 of 13772 Old 09-12-2011, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
p3Orion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,276
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I'll be sending a friend request to those of you here that aren't already on my list. Please accept so we can play some mw2 before mw3 comes out. If I miss you, send me a request.
p3Orion is offline  
post #13655 of 13772 Old 09-13-2011, 06:57 AM
Senior Member
 
RyanHomsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 314
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 28
1887's? Psh... I'm all about the spas-12. Sandy Ravage in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htJYfcTnlMg
RyanHomsey is online now  
post #13656 of 13772 Old 09-13-2011, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jitu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Eric, sorry about last night but I was on just to blow off some steam before going to bed.

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757


bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
jitu is offline  
post #13657 of 13772 Old 09-13-2011, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
p3Orion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,276
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

Eric, sorry about last night but I was on just to blow off some steam before going to bed.

HaHa! I wish I could use MW2 to blow off steam. Often times it has the reverse effect. I take it too seriously at times. That's my new goal for MW3... take it less seriously, don't let it get to me... but destroy all in my path.
p3Orion is offline  
post #13658 of 13772 Old 09-14-2011, 05:23 AM
Member
 
alberto1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: odessa, tx
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It was fun playing again. Good playing with you p3Orion. Weird we kept losing you. Yeah as long as the noob tubes aren't as bad mw3 is gonna be a much better experience, still had lots of fun having the group back together.

PSN---xconman, XBL---I 4M CONM4N
alberto1985 is offline  
post #13659 of 13772 Old 09-14-2011, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jitu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3Orion View Post

HaHa! I wish I could use MW2 to blow off steam. Often times it has the reverse effect. I take it too seriously at times. That's my new goal for MW3... take it less seriously, don't let it get to me... but destroy all in my path.

Yeah man, usually when I play solo I can rape but when I play with the AVS crew it's hard to rape since everyone is so good. lol!

Last night for example was making me rage and you can ask Geez Zeus about it too. Only reason I was raging was because my internet was effing with me and then around 12am it went out

I just kept getting hit markers and some times the gun wouldn't fire right away.

However, when we played earlier, it was fun beating the GHAD clan. They thought they were soo good but bitched every time they lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberto1985 View Post

It was fun playing again. Good playing with you p3Orion. Weird we kept losing you. Yeah as long as the noob tubes aren't as bad mw3 is gonna be a much better experience, still had lots of fun having the group back together.

I have seen you play off and on and I have sent out invites to you before but didn't get a response back. Anytime you want to join up when you see me online, don't hesitate or send me an invite.

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757


bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
jitu is offline  
post #13660 of 13772 Old 09-14-2011, 05:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
drudiggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I should be able to play with you guys soon, I'm getting the game back from my buddy and he's getting his own copy. I was jealous when I saw everyone partied up on it last night!

XBL: GutterSnipeR   PSN: Guttahhh
drudiggs is online now  
post #13661 of 13772 Old 09-14-2011, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jitu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by drudiggs View Post

I should be able to play with you guys soon, I'm getting the game back from my buddy and he's getting his own copy. I was jealous when I saw everyone partied up on it last night!

Yeah, it was fun with the old crew and Tronn is such a whore! He backed out of a game to join us only because Geez Zeus was on. Never backs out for me

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757


bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
jitu is offline  
post #13662 of 13772 Old 09-14-2011, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
PJ_Rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had fun last night, but it's hard when we aren't as good as we are at BLOPS (and BC2 for that matter). We got raped on a number of matches. We are not used to seeing so many killstreaks and being on that side of the beatings. Now I know what it feels like to play us in BLOPS We did dish out a few beat downs, but I think we may have lost more than we won. I went negative a lot, very unusual Did get a couple AC130s though.

The noob tubing, especially in ground war, is ridiculous. It's even worse because we suck and can't keep them in check like we used to. I also hate 9v9 ground war on the maps that are optimized for 6v6. It's way too crowded, hard to stay alive, very chaotic, not really much strategy, etc. Not a fan. I remembering hating the lag on ground war, but it's funny, a year of black ops makes me think that even GW on MW2 is smooth as hell.

Speaking of smooth, it's pretty remarkable how smooth the game runs in comparison. I'm not trying to get into the *why* here, just stating the fact that it does. It feels that it holds a much higher framerate than BLOPS and is MUCH more consistent at it. I also love that your bullets are very responsive in comparison. I'm not sure I got BSed one time all night where I thought I had the guy, but my bullets did not count.

And man this game is FAST paced. From the loading into the game taking probably 1/3 the time of BLOPS, to the INSTANT response of clicking menus to view leaderboards, change class, clan tag, etc, to the insanely fast and intense gameplay, it's just FAST. Like Jammy says, it's like crack. A lot of non-stop action, and when you die, man you respawn and can get right back into it. So fast. Very much an arcade feel. I know COD is pretty much an arcade shooter anyway, but this one is even faster than like BLOPS where it seems there are more gun "battles". I think it's because the guns in MW2 are laser beams in comparison, which ends the "battles" much quicker than fighting the recoil.

I know this title is hit or miss for many of you, but I still dig it. Good times.

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch
PS3/PSN: pj_rage
360/Live: pjrage82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan
Dude please, your list of toys is so long its like Santa is your dad lol.
PJ_Rage is offline  
post #13663 of 13772 Old 09-14-2011, 06:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jitu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Ground wars can get chaotic but I have also played this mode with a team that communicates the entire time and that makes all the difference. When I play with a party, I am usually the guy responsible for taking out airstrikes and the team thanks me for it while they are out capping or fragging. It's team work that makes it fun and sometimes overlook the tubing and commando rushing guys.

On the other hand, play just TDM or TDM Express and you wont notice that chaos. Or even just Dom only where it limits the number of players and the chaos is virtually non-existent.

I should be back to my A game after this weekend as I have too much on my mind right now since my brother is getting married and I have some tasks to handle before and the day of.

Once you get me and Matt and Eric in a team, I guarantee you that we will never lose an obj. based game. TDM is no question since we are all good but when it comes to obj. we stick to it like white on rice =p

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757


bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
jitu is offline  
post #13664 of 13772 Old 09-14-2011, 06:18 AM
Senior Member
 
hushh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I guess I need to go ahead and get another copy of MW2, so I can get back into the feel of it before MW3 launches.

PSN ID: HushH
XBL GT: HushH03
hushh is offline  
post #13665 of 13772 Old 09-14-2011, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
coyote_5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Wow, yeah that was an eye opener last night! Fun, but humbling. That first match I jumped into, we really took it in the can on High Rise.

I know I don't need to bitch about it again, but I will anyway. Noob tube + DC + Scavenger/OMA can be a such a game breaker. I mean if I was one of the developers and I dropped into match after match where I heard more *thumps* from the noob tubes firing than I did guns firing, that would tell me that we made a huge mistake in game balancing.

Agree with PJ, MW2 just *plays* much faster than BLOPS. It was hard for me to adjust to the pace again.

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
coyote_5 is offline  
post #13666 of 13772 Old 09-14-2011, 06:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,430
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by hushh View Post

I guess I need to go ahead and get another copy of MW2, so I can get back into the feel of it before MW3 launches.

MW1 is a better match for the gunplay in MW3. The rest of the game feels distinctly MW2ish though, just ratcheted down a notch on the brutality meter...no SP, no lightweight, no danger close, weaker explosives. How pervasive air support will be in MW3 remains to be seen...probably a lot less this go round due to players having way more options.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is offline  
post #13667 of 13772 Old 09-14-2011, 06:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
bucwylde23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cupertino
Posts: 917
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_Rage View Post

I had fun last night, but it's hard when we aren't as good as we are at BLOPS (and BC2 for that matter). We got raped on a number of matches. We are not used to seeing so many killstreaks and being on that side of the beatings. Now I know what it feels like to play us in BLOPS We did dish out a few beat downs, but I think we may have lost more than we won. I went negative a lot, very unusual Did get a couple AC130s though.

The noob tubing, especially in ground war, is ridiculous. It's even worse because we suck and can't keep them in check like we used to. I also hate 9v9 ground war on the maps that are optimized for 6v6. It's way too crowded, hard to stay alive, very chaotic, not really much strategy, etc. Not a fan. I remembering hating the lag on ground war, but it's funny, a year of black ops makes me think that even GW on MW2 is smooth as hell.

Speaking of smooth, it's pretty remarkable how smooth the game runs in comparison. I'm not trying to get into the *why* here, just stating the fact that it does. It feels that it holds a much higher framerate than BLOPS and is MUCH more consistent at it. I also love that your bullets are very responsive in comparison. I'm not sure I got BSed one time all night where I thought I had the guy, but my bullets did not count.

And man this game is FAST paced. From the loading into the game taking probably 1/3 the time of BLOPS, to the INSTANT response of clicking menus to view leaderboards, change class, clan tag, etc, to the insanely fast and intense gameplay, it's just FAST. Like Jammy says, it's like crack. A lot of non-stop action, and when you die, man you respawn and can get right back into it. So fast. Very much an arcade feel. I know COD is pretty much an arcade shooter anyway, but this one is even faster than like BLOPS where it seems there are more gun "battles". I think it's because the guns in MW2 are laser beams in comparison, which ends the "battles" much quicker than fighting the recoil.

I know this title is hit or miss for many of you, but I still dig it. Good times.

I want to play non-ground war. If it's going to be ground war I think I'm out.
I don't understand what IW was thinking when they made it possible for someone to sit on a roof with a f'ing noob tube and basically unlimited ammo with increased explosion radius.
It's annoying because anytime I went up against someone NOT noob tubing and using bullets I won that fight every time. I'd say over 90% of my deaths were from noob tubes by people at higher elevations in a window or on a roof just camping.
Part of the problem might also be I don't know the maps for **** or where the camping spots are. I Only put like 7 days of playtime into MW2 and that was a looooong time ago. I'm going to stick with it a bit because I feel like if we play for a week or so and get the "feel" of the chaos we will be just as good as BLOPS.

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

 

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

 

coyote_5: You know who's cool and doesn't know it? Bucwylde. Jus' sayin.

bucwylde23 is offline  
post #13668 of 13772 Old 09-14-2011, 07:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,430
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post


I want to play non-ground war. If it's going to be ground war I think I'm out.
I don't understand what IW was thinking when they made it possible for someone to sit on a roof with a f'ing noob tube and basically unlimited ammo with increased explosion radius.
It's annoying because anytime I went up against someone NOT noob tubing and using bullets I won that fight every time. I'd say over 90% of my deaths were from noob tubes by people at higher elevations in a window or on a roof just camping.
Part of the problem might also be I don't know the maps for **** or where the camping spots are. I Only put like 7 days of playtime into MW2 and that was a looooong time ago. I'm going to stick with it a bit because I feel like if we play for a week or so and get the "feel" of the chaos we will be just as good as BLOPS.

Yeah, I just do not have the bull**** tolerance required to play mw2 nowadays. The first few weeks were great, before the glitches came. Then it was on and off for a few months as glitches came and went. At this point it seems that too many players simply rely on the unbalanced parts of the game in order to compete. It feels like a distinctly different game now compared to launch. Anyone notice the same?

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is offline  
post #13669 of 13772 Old 09-14-2011, 07:16 AM
Senior Member
 
hushh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

MW1 is a better match for the gunplay in MW3. The rest of the game feels distinctly MW2ish though, just ratcheted down a notch on the brutality meter...no SP, no lightweight, no danger close, weaker explosives. How pervasive air support will be in MW3 remains to be seen...probably a lot less this go round due to players having way more options.

Good to know. I've been playing CoD4 a good bit lately, and definitely prefer the gunplay and the simplicity of the game in general. Just from some of the multiplayer vids I had seen, I assumed it was more MW2ish.

Been meaning to ask since you played it (not sure if you got in enough time to tell though), how easy or difficult is to take out support aircraft in MW3? That will heavily factor into what perks I'm going to run with.

PSN ID: HushH
XBL GT: HushH03
hushh is offline  
post #13670 of 13772 Old 09-14-2011, 07:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,430
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by hushh View Post


Good to know. I've been playing CoD4 a good bit lately, and definitely prefer the gunplay and the simplicity of the game in general. Just from some of the multiplayer vids I had seen, I assumed it was more MW2ish.

Been meaning to ask since you played it (not sure if you got in enough time to tell though), how easy or difficult is to take out support aircraft in MW3? That will heavily factor into what perks I'm going to run with.

Its a fair bit easier for a few reasons. First is that the SAM turret is available to anyone running the support class that can rack up 8 kills in a match...which is just about anyone. You don't even need to call a package down, you just place it immediately. You can even save it till you need it. Its going to be a staple for sure.

Aside from that there's a pro perk that let's you lock on faster, I forget which one. Also one to draw out faster. I didn't get a chance to manually shoot anything down because nothing stayed up long enough due to SAMs, and most people not running support didn't have anything dangerous in the air.

I'm guessing it's probably about the same in terms of how hard it is to take out a particular aircraft, but IIRC the javelin unlocks pretty quickly...I don't think people have to wait until lvl 30ish to get something that can OHK aircraft. I'm assuming the stock launcher (SMAW I think it's called) is like the first one in MW2 that took two hits...but I could be wrong.

More than anything else I think there will just be less of it to begin with. MW3 has more options, but that means less air support, not more, since so much of it isn't geared toward lethality.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is offline  
post #13671 of 13772 Old 09-14-2011, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
coyote_5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Yeah, I just do not have the bull**** tolerance required to play mw2 nowadays. The first few weeks were great, before the glitches came. Then it was on and off for a few months as glitches came and went. At this point it seems that too many players simply rely on the unbalanced parts of the game in order to compete. It feels like a distinctly different game now compared to launch. Anyone notice the same?

It's not much different to me now than it was when I left it (when BLOPS dropped). That is to say, you need a high BS tolerance to play. players are gonna DC noob tube and get up onto every glitchy nook and cranny etc... that's just the way MW2 plays.

As Buc mentioned, it's been so long since I've played, I don't know the maps well anymore so there are lots of spots I'm not expecting to find players waiting to shoot me.

I think playing for a few hours last night reaffirmed to me that Treyarch got A LOT right with BLOPS and made some serious improvements to the game play. Unfortunately they did not fully get the lag and hit detection figured out, which MW2 reminds you of quickly.

Also, Akimbo Uzis with SOH and Steady Aim rock!

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
coyote_5 is offline  
post #13672 of 13772 Old 09-14-2011, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
PJ_Rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You guys keep blaming the developers, and it is their fault, but by my memory, it took quite a while for people to figure out how good OMA + Danger Close + Noob tube was. Maybe it was also just that people waited until they stopped prestiging and could keep OMA pro and danger close pro before they started doing it so much. Either way, it wasn't rampant until at least a few months after release, maybe like 6 by my memory, and when it got to that point, and people "figured it out" (or had maxed out prestiges or hacked their way to 10th prestige), it just grew in popularity to the point of being a huge problem. It would have been on the developers to then realize it was getting out of control and fix it, but IW had imploded by then and was not supporting the game at all.

This is all to say that yes they should have fixed it once it got out of control, but I doubt it crept up in any of their alpha or beta testing, because it didn't even really creep up until a while after release anyway.

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch
PS3/PSN: pj_rage
360/Live: pjrage82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan
Dude please, your list of toys is so long its like Santa is your dad lol.
PJ_Rage is offline  
post #13673 of 13772 Old 09-14-2011, 09:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,430
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_Rage View Post

You guys keep blaming the developers, and it is their fault, but by my memory, it took quite a while for people to figure out how good OMA + Danger Close + Noob tube was. Maybe it was also just that people waited until they stopped prestiging and could keep OMA pro and danger close pro before they started doing it so much. Either way, it wasn't rampant until at least a few months after release, maybe like 6 by my memory, and when it got to that point, and people "figured it out" (or had maxed out prestiges or hacked their way to 10th prestige), it just grew in popularity to the point of being a huge problem. It would have been on the developers to then realize it was getting out of control and fix it, but IW had imploded by then and was not supporting the game at all.

This is all to say that yes they should have fixed it once it got out of control, but I doubt it crept up in any of their alpha or beta testing, because it didn't even really creep up until a while after release anyway.

Yep. It took a good long time. Noob tubing was always around, but 6-8 months after release it became like an art form. Same with quickscoping. There wasn't one to be seen for months. In the early months there were a lot more casuals to fill out the ranks of people just playing the game normally. Now the ratio is tilted way in the favor of people who have figured out how to minnax everything. It's literally not the same game anymore.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is offline  
post #13674 of 13772 Old 09-14-2011, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
PJ_Rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Agreed. It's definitely not the same as when it was in its prime, a couple months after launch.

But that's the case with any older game.

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch
PS3/PSN: pj_rage
360/Live: pjrage82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan
Dude please, your list of toys is so long its like Santa is your dad lol.
PJ_Rage is offline  
post #13675 of 13772 Old 09-14-2011, 09:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,430
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_Rage View Post

Agreed. It's definitely not the same as when it was in its prime, a couple months after launch.

But that's the case with any older game.

Not really....all the other CoDs still play great. No one's really been able to break those in the same way.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is offline  
post #13676 of 13772 Old 09-14-2011, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jitu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Maybe it's just me getting lucky night after night but I haven't come across a game where everyone was running OMA + DC + Tube. There is usually 1 person in either team running it.

There are a lot more snipers than OMA and Commando users and I have put about 35days and 24hrs into this game and it's my XBL account. I have put about another 24hrs in the PS3 account and about 15hrs in the 2nd PS3 account.

All together, I have whored this game out and can't recall all the hate everyone else had dealt with. I guess, it's like the people that enjoy BLOPS and can't see why some of us hated it.
:shrug:

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757


bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
jitu is offline  
post #13677 of 13772 Old 09-14-2011, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jitu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Not really....all the other CoDs still play great. No one's really been able to break those in the same way.

CoD4 is broken and it has been as far as BLOPS launch. BLOPS is also broken. MW2 doesn't seem broken but I would agree if one said that it isn't balanced.

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757


bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
jitu is offline  
post #13678 of 13772 Old 09-14-2011, 09:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,430
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post


CoD4 is broken and it has been as far as BLOPS launch. BLOPS is also broken. MW2 doesn't seem broken but I would agree if one said that it isn't balanced.

What's broken about CoD4 other than an occasional annoying text popup? The game still plays fine.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is offline  
post #13679 of 13772 Old 09-14-2011, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jitu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

What's broken about CoD4 other than an occasional annoying text popup? The game still plays fine.

Hacked lobbies, constant text scrolling up the left half of the screen, quickscoping, elevators hack, glitching out of map. Ask Eric, he has seen all this happen as well.

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757


bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
jitu is offline  
post #13680 of 13772 Old 09-14-2011, 09:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,430
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post


Hacked lobbies, constant text scrolling up the left half of the screen, quickscoping, elevators hack, glitching out of map. Ask Eric, he has seen all this happen as well.

Hmm...all I've noticed are the popups. Is it worse on PS3 or something? What is the elevator hack?

All you need to do to deal with QSers is juggernaut though.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is offline  
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off