post #4261 of 4324 Old 06-13-2014, 01:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaremyP View Post
Is DR3 showing up for sale on the console itself? Peggle 2 is the discounted game this week at 50% off. If DR3 is on sale as well I may finally jump on that.
The current Xbox One "Deals with Gold" are 50% off Peggle 2 and 33% off DR3 and DR3: Premium Edition.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4262 of 4324 Old 06-13-2014, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post

Trade in your console games and get a minimum of a $10 gift card per game
With your pre-order of a Xbox One or Xbox 360 game.
Just came back from the Microsoft near me. Only was allowed to do one 5 game transaction. What they did do however was put 10 on a pre-order and gave me the other 40 in Microsoft gift cards. So I put 10 on Horizon 2 and grabbed the cards and ran. They also gave me a bag with some stuff in it I've yet to open. A mini black xbox soccer ball and a large Brazil Xbox Soccer bracket poster, but I forgot the poster and left it. Tomorrow I'll bring the wife with me and have her do a transaction also. I'll be racking up more cash than I have games I really want to buy with it.

EDIT: Opened up the bag and it's pretty much a watchdogs swag bag. A black watchdog bandana, a black watchdogs/microsoft/xbox T-shirt. A white whistle with the words "Our digital shadows leave us exposed" and a rubber white wristband with Xbox and the Watchdogs "symbol" on it. I guess I'll probably be wearing the T-shirt as that's one less that I have to buy. I'll wear the bandana because I do wear those frequently when doing stuff. The rest of the stuff trashbin. lol

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME

Last edited by totalownership; 06-13-2014 at 03:12 PM.
post #4263 of 4324 Old 06-14-2014, 05:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Sam's Club has Xbox One with Kinect and Forza 5 for $429.
post #4264 of 4324 Old 06-14-2014, 06:19 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership View Post
Just came back from the Microsoft near me. Only was allowed to do one 5 game transaction. What they did do however was put 10 on a pre-order and gave me the other 40 in Microsoft gift cards. So I put 10 on Horizon 2 and grabbed the cards and ran. They also gave me a bag with some stuff in it I've yet to open. A mini black xbox soccer ball and a large Brazil Xbox Soccer bracket poster, but I forgot the poster and left it. Tomorrow I'll bring the wife with me and have her do a transaction also. I'll be racking up more cash than I have games I really want to buy with it.

EDIT: Opened up the bag and it's pretty much a watchdogs swag bag. A black watchdog bandana, a black watchdogs/microsoft/xbox T-shirt. A white whistle with the words "Our digital shadows leave us exposed" and a rubber white wristband with Xbox and the Watchdogs "symbol" on it. I guess I'll probably be wearing the T-shirt as that's one less that I have to buy. I'll wear the bandana because I do wear those frequently when doing stuff. The rest of the stuff trashbin. lol
You mention having the wife do it the next day so they basically said this is a one time deal PER person then?
post #4265 of 4324 Old 06-14-2014, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schloob1 View Post
Quote:

You mention having the wife do it the next day so they basically said this is a one time deal PER person then?
Pretty much. I'm going there in a few so I'll let you know if they let me do another one.
One thing I forgot to mention they are VERY picky about the condition it seems. One game I had the case had a crack in the top where the seams meet when closed. Disc was fine, case art fine, manual and everything just fine. But that one crack disqualified it.

I'll post a pic of the offending damage.

post #4266 of 4324 Old 06-14-2014, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Did not get any party favors, but deal went nice and smooth for me. Was told it was definitely a one-time offer per person when I asked as far as 5 total games you are allowed to trade in. All I know is $21 and some change for Destiny on launch day works for me! Went to Gamestop and had found 5 games for a $1 a piece and had no issues using them.
post #4267 of 4324 Old 06-14-2014, 12:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Glad to hear the good results.

My trade-in didn't work out exactly as planned. The manger was awesome but only let me do 2 separate transactions vs. the 5 I was hoping for.

Still, I'll have Destiny & Forza Horizons 2 waiting for me in September for only $20 out of pocket!

I'm really going to miss Kinect Disney Land Adventures and Viva! piñata! though...

Off topic but I was really trying to resist the Surface Pro3 but that thing is so light, big, and fast, I just couldn't. Preordered. Release date is Friday. The best news is that my SP1 is worth $305 in trade in. I can't wait!
post #4268 of 4324 Old 06-14-2014, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schloob1 View Post
Went to Gamestop and had found 5 games for a $1 a piece and had no issues using them.

nicely done!
post #4269 of 4324 Old 06-14-2014, 01:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Went to Gamestop last night and picked up 5 PS3 games for $0.89 cents each, then went to MS store and pre-ordered Fifa 15, $10 towards the pre-order and walked out with a $40 MS gift card. They did ask to see my drivers license and had to sign a bunch of papers. At the end they also asked for my email address.
Went back today and repeated the above, this time with Wii games and pre-ordered Destiny. Same result no issues, however I did give a different email address, maybe that is how they track the transactions?
Planning on going back tonight for thirds

Last edited by Soycrema; 06-14-2014 at 01:11 PM.
post #4270 of 4324 Old 06-14-2014, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soycrema View Post
Went to Gamestop last night and picked up 5 PS3 games for $0.89 cents each, then went to MS store and pre-ordered Fifa 15, $10 towards the pre-order and walked out with a $40 MS gift card. They did ask to see my drivers license and had to sign a bunch of papers. At the end they also asked for my email address.
Went back today and repeated the above, this time with Wii games and pre-ordered Destiny. Same result no issues, however I did give a different email address, maybe that is how they track the transactions?
Were you seeing the same people or was it a different staff? Went back today and except for one person it was the same staff so they couldn't , or they wouldn't, do another. Had to get the wfie to do it. I might want to check another store, hmmmm
Today they didn't have the bags of swag like yesterday. They have some strange rules though. For instance you can ONLY put 10 dollars pre-order. I wanted to put the whole 50 on UFC but they said they couldn't do it. Getting the .89 cent games and bringing them in is brilliant. If I didn't have this glut of old games I'd definitely be doing that.

post #4271 of 4324 Old 06-14-2014, 02:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soycrema View Post
Were you seeing the same people or was it a different staff? Went back today and except for one person it was the same staff so they couldn't , or they wouldn't, do another. Had to get the wfie to do it. I might want to check another store, hmmmm
Today they didn't have the bags of swag like yesterday. They have some strange rules though. For instance you can ONLY put 10 dollars pre-order. I wanted to put the whole 50 on UFC but they said they couldn't do it. Getting the .89 cent games and bringing them in is brilliant. If I didn't have this glut of old games I'd definitely be doing that.
Good point! the staff this morning was completely different from last night...but they still followed the procedure of checking drivers license and all that...but just in case I might ask my wife to go in there tonight instead. Gamestop has a bunch of $0.89 to $1.79 Ps3 and Wii games which work perfect for this deal Good luck!
post #4272 of 4324 Old 06-14-2014, 02:44 PM
Advanced Member

There should not be anything limiting multiple transactions systematically, even with all the paperwork. No override needed when I did 2 back to back. Staff call all the way.

I wish I could go back again before the deal ends tomorrow but can't due to other commitments.

Deals like this keep me gaming and buying dozens of games a year, on the release date, no waiting for a sale ********. Best part is the devs and everyone hard at work behind the scenes to bring us these great games still get a full sale. Long live physical media!

Last edited by tampabuc; 06-14-2014 at 06:39 PM.
post #4273 of 4324 Old 06-15-2014, 06:23 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I'll try to do this today. I can't believe there's only 1 Microsoft store in the entire NYC.
post #4274 of 4324 Old 06-15-2014, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Something to keep in mind: the GCs they give you at a physical MS store are only good at a physical MS store! They can't be used at the official MS online store!!! How stupid is that?

Considering there are not very many physical MS stores, you will probably be best off if you spend that card right then when you get it. I wish I had since I was just going to buy Xbox money anyway. I figured I would do it online for a code so I could cut-n-paste, but now I have to make another trip to the stupid physical store.
post #4275 of 4324 Old 06-15-2014, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flatus View Post
Something to keep in mind: the GCs they give you at a physical MS store are only good at a physical MS store! They can't be used at the official MS online store!!! How stupid is that?

Considering there are not very many physical MS stores, you will probably be best off if you spend that card right then when you get it. I wish I had since I was just going to buy Xbox money anyway. I figured I would do it online for a code so I could cut-n-paste, but now I have to make another trip to the stupid physical store.
Problem is with the store I went to you had to use at least 10 for a reserve right there.

post #4276 of 4324 Old 06-15-2014, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Problem is with the store I went to you had to use at least 10 for a reserve right there.
I was expecting that and was surprised that I only had to do one pre-order for two people and 10 games, and walked out with $90 GC instead of the expexted $80.

$40 / 5 = $8 --> Where else ya gonna get $8 bucks for NCAA07, Madden07, etc.
post #4277 of 4324 Old 06-15-2014, 04:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 54
MicroCenter.com has the Xbox One Console (Standard Edition with Kinect) for $400 with free in-store pickup only. The latest next gen console includes an updated Kinect 2, 500GB hard drive, Skype integration, voice control and Blu-ray playback.
post #4278 of 4324 Old 06-15-2014, 11:55 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I missed doing the Microsoft store deal. I couldn't make it today, but it was kind of a hassle for me since there was only one in the city. I rather not deal with the hassle.
post #4279 of 4324 Old 06-17-2014, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Picked up the UFC today with the credit from the Microsoft trade-in deal. They actually gave me another 10 credit/card for buying the game. So that's even more cash towards Forza Horizon 2. Also got a code for an Xbox Movie, Lone Survivor. I think that was a military appreciation code or something so..

As far as UFC goes I see it going back to the store pronto. Another online game where I'm beating the dog snot out of the dude on my screen YET his stamina never budges and it seems every punch I'm hitting him with is actually magically reversing and hitting me I just don't see it or know it. lol. I knew something was strange when my friend is celebrating punches and I'm wondering what he's getting excited about when I'm the one hitting him. Back to the store for me, it's unplayable and I only get games like that for online.

post #4280 of 4324 Old 06-23-2014, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

The Microsoft Store has Battlefield 4 for $19.99.
post #4281 of 4324 Old 06-23-2014, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Frys has Wolfenstein: The New Order for $39.99.
post #4282 of 4324 Old 06-23-2014, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Forza 5 digital for $24.99

Amazon

Even though its digital I still think they are mailing out the code. Sold through a 3rd party on Amazon.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #4283 of 4324 Old 06-23-2014, 12:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 472
It's good to see some digital codes for Xbox DD out there, but MS needs to get their sh*t together and set up so that e-tailers like Amazon can sell codes for DD by email at prices set by them, as they can for PS3 and PS4 games. Having to wait for a card with a code on it to come in the mail is BS.
Soycrema and dbburns like this.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #4284 of 4324 Old 06-23-2014, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post
The Microsoft Store has Battlefield 4 for $19.99.
It's sold out.
post #4285 of 4324 Old 06-23-2014, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuss View Post
It's sold out.
Go to best buy and get a price match. Just did today myself.
post #4286 of 4324 Old 06-26-2014, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 236
Two weeks late for this, but I just did it and made $60 in MS bucks

https://www.facebook.com/GameStop?sk...339&ref=woobox

It boils down to clicking a link on gamestop's page, which then adds an app permission to your facebook account (that you can delete later), and then it gives you an XBL code for $5.

I ended up going around the office and racked up a few codes. Process takes about 1 minute, if that.

They are doing it two more times on 7/3 and 7/10 at 1pm EST.

If I'm able to land $60 on each of those dates, that's a pretty good deal. Might be able to go for more knowing how it works now.

I'm sure the data-mining from your facebook account is the goal, so if you're against that sort of the thing then I wouldn't do it.

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
post #4287 of 4324 Old 06-26-2014, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
XBL one year subscription for 42.99
http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=121187584160

Last edited by RTRic; 06-28-2014 at 10:54 PM.
post #4288 of 4324 Old 06-27-2014, 05:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 81
GameStop has some deals coming up:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/...nts-and-deals/

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

post #4289 of 4324 Old 06-28-2014, 04:35 AM
AVS Special Member

The Microsoft Store has Bioshock Infinite for $11.99. Dead Space 3 Limited Edition for $9.99.
post #4290 of 4324 Old 06-28-2014, 04:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Amazon has Wolfenstien: The New Order for $39.99 on the Xbox One.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page