The Official Xbox DEALS discussion thread. DEALS ONLY! - Page 162 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 106Likes

post #4831 of 4851 Old 06-20-2015, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
MS store is offering $100 trade in of 360 toward xbone. Even the older 360s.
Yep just picked up a second Xbox. Putting this one in the livingroom for wife to use as a streaming device. Just came back from Comcast and returned their cable boxes. On the phone now cancelling the video services, next finding a suitable place to port my phone number and I'll soon cancel the phone service.

It was kinda funny seeing my last 360 go.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4832 of 4851 Old 06-20-2015, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership View Post
Yep just picked up a second Xbox. Putting this one in the livingroom for wife to use as a streaming device. Just came back from Comcast and returned their cable boxes. On the phone now cancelling the video services, next finding a suitable place to port my phone number and I'll soon cancel the phone service.

It was kinda funny seeing my last 360 go.
O/T...but I switched to Ooma. Dumped all the fees and pay roughly 40 bucks a year for the state taxes...

Will never pay for phone again..

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #4833 of 4851 Old 06-20-2015, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post
O/T...but I switched to Ooma. Dumped all the fees and pay roughly 40 bucks a year for the state taxes...

Been an Ooma customer for years now. Great service. Telemarketers be damned.

XBL: octavarium1/PSN:octavarium1970
post #4834 of 4851 Old 06-21-2015, 01:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmorgan View Post
Been an Ooma customer for years now. Great service. Telemarketers be damned.
Duly noted and soon to be investigated. Thanks fellas. First order of business is to see if they allow porting of numbers.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #4835 of 4851 Old 06-21-2015, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership View Post
Duly noted and soon to be investigated. Thanks fellas. First order of business is to see if they allow porting of numbers.

Porting is part of the program...they just hit you with a one-time fee of 40 bucks. (your provider may tack on a fee, or so Ooma claims...) I have my current number for life now.

post #4836 of 4851 Old 06-22-2015, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 523
Best Buy has Tomb Raider: The definitive Edition for $15.99.
post #4837 of 4851 Old 06-22-2015, 06:08 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1663 Post(s)
Liked: 1012
Quote:

On FiOS it cost me less to add home phone service again after I dumped it for or five years ago. If I get rid of home phone service my price goes up. Plus it is a much better experience than the three VOIP services I tried over the years.

Also has anyone seen any deals on MS gift cards? I need to get some more MS money to pre-order Halo 5. But I have no desire to pay full price. I really miss the days of MS points. I used to only spend $10 to $14 for 1600 MS points instead of $20. SInc ethey got rid of mS points I don't see deals very often any more. And they aren't anywhere as good either.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #4838 of 4851 Old 06-22-2015, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Definitely like to know if there are deals on the MS dollars
post #4839 of 4851 Old 06-22-2015, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
On FiOS it cost me less to add home phone service again after I dumped it for or five years ago. If I get rid of home phone service my price goes up. Plus it is a much better experience than the three VOIP services I tried over the years.

Also has anyone seen any deals on MS gift cards? I need to get some more MS money to pre-order Halo 5. But I have no desire to pay full price. I really miss the days of MS points. I used to only spend $10 to $14 for 1600 MS points instead of $20. SInc ethey got rid of mS points I don't see deals very often any more. And they aren't anywhere as good either.
I cut the cord over a year ago, due to a job loss. My wife needs internet for her at home job, so that's all we have, along with the free TV offering from Time Warner.

I know the bundles are cheaper through the cable companies, but they aren't 40 dollars per year, cheap... If I sign back up with their bundled service...I would still use Ooma for my existing number, and not use the phone service from my ISP...or possibly use it as a second line.

How's "free" for MS cash? I use BING search, and get MS GC codes sent via email. You have to be diligent, though. You can net 25 BING search points per day, plus the bonus points...(usually 2-3 points extra per day). 465 BING points purchase a 5.00 code via their rewards. So a little over a half a month nets you 5 bucks.

It does get tedious, and I have slacked off this last couple months...I use them to purchase the DLC packs, for COD AW...but it's free.

(If you want to sign up...let me know, I can get "referral points"... )

Other than that I have seen no deals for MS GC's.
dbburns likes this.

Last edited by kevin g.; 06-22-2015 at 09:03 AM.
post #4840 of 4851 Old 06-24-2015, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
How's "free" for MS cash? I use BING search, and get MS GC codes sent via email. You have to be diligent, though. You can net 25 BING search points per day, plus the bonus points...(usually 2-3 points extra per day). 465 BING points purchase a 5.00 code via their rewards. So a little over a half a month nets you 5 bucks.

It does get tedious, and I have slacked off this last couple months...I use them to purchase the DLC packs, for COD AW...but it's free.
This.

I don't know how they figure out who gets how many points per day, though. I signed up years ago and quickly elevated to 30 points per day (3 searches per point, so 90 searches per day). My roommate signed up last year and was only ever able to reach 15 points per day (2 searches per point for 30 searches per day). I had to do a lot more searches for double the points, but that was fine by me. That came out to close to $120 in MS money per year.

I banked a lot of points and traded them in late last year (or maybe it was in January) for $85 worth of MS money. I guess that set off a red flag at MS because shortly thereafter I was suddenly demoted to 15 points per day at 2 searches per point! I was never able to find a number to call or an e-mail to inquire why the sudden change. So now I can get "only" ~$60 worth of MS money per year. I'm sitting on 3100 points right now, so I should probably redeem them soon. It is a little bit of a time commitment, but I just click on pictures of related searches and it takes maybe 5 minutes a day, if that.

Xbox/PS/WiiU gamertag: GoNats
Apple Game Center: iGoNats

post #4841 of 4851 Old 06-24-2015, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbburns View Post
This.

I don't know how they figure out who gets how many points per day, though. I signed up years ago and quickly elevated to 30 points per day (3 searches per point, so 90 searches per day). My roommate signed up last year and was only ever able to reach 15 points per day (2 searches per point for 30 searches per day). I had to do a lot more searches for double the points, but that was fine by me. That came out to close to $120 in MS money per year.

I banked a lot of points and traded them in late last year (or maybe it was in January) for $85 worth of MS money. I guess that set off a red flag at MS because shortly thereafter I was suddenly demoted to 15 points per day at 2 searches per point! I was never able to find a number to call or an e-mail to inquire why the sudden change. So now I can get "only" ~$60 worth of MS money per year. I'm sitting on 3100 points right now, so I should probably redeem them soon. It is a little bit of a time commitment, but I just click on pictures of related searches and it takes maybe 5 minutes a day, if that.
Yeah, I was at 30 at the beginning also...not really sure when it switched to the 15. (I should have clarified, I get 15 points by doing the 30 searches on my PC, and 10 more per day, by using BING Mobile Search...also 2 searches per point.) I didn't use it as much early on, just entered all those giveaway contests, determined to win an Xbox One... but a little over a year and a half ago, I lost my job. And when my LIVE subscription ran out, I started using the BING search for one month LIVE cards. I found that I could stay ahead, and bank the points just enough to keep it going month to month.

post #4842 of 4851 Old 06-24-2015, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 321
I use Bing Rewards to pay for my Hulu subscription. I don't think I've paid anything for it in over a year.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
post #4843 of 4851 Old 06-25-2015, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Got an email from Microsoft; Xbox Live Rewards members get 15,000 credits ($15) instead of the $10 gift card promoted on microsoftstore.com if you pre-order certain games. The fine print:

Quote:
Can’t wait for your favorite games to launch? Exclusive to Xbox Live Rewards members, you can pre-order your Xbox One or Xbox 360 games through Microsoftstore.com and earn 15,000 Rewards Credits for each pre-orderable game that ships by December 31, 2015. You’ll not only get an extra pre-order bonus as an Xbox Live Rewards member, we'll throw in free shipping and have your game arrive on the day it releases.

Don’t wait; this offer is only available through Xbox Live Rewards and Microsoftstore.com. Order now to guarantee FREE release day delivery!

Important note: Make sure to use the email associated with your Xbox Live Rewards account when you place your order through Microsoftstore.com, as that will confirm delivery of your Rewards Credits once your pre-order ships. Xbox Live Rewards members qualifying for the Offer will not also qualify for the $10 Gift Card promoted on Microsoftstore.com.
And the finer print:

Quote:
Valid 06/18/2015 until 12/31/2015, or while supplies last. Available in participating Microsoftstore.com in US (including Puerto Rico). Valid during pre-order period for customers who pre-order a qualifying Xbox One or Xbox 360 game title from MicrosoftStore.com in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico). Within ten (10) business days after each of your pre-order games have shipped and your email address has been verified, 15,000 Xbox Live Rewards Credits will be deposited into your Xbox Live account. Offer valid on previous pre-orders purchased at Microsoftstore.com for Xbox Live Rewards members. Limit one (1) Reward per qualifying Xbox One or Xbox 360 game purchased for up to three (3) game titles. Xbox Live Rewards Credits will be converted into your local currency and deposited into your Xbox Live account to be used in the Xbox Store. To receive release day shipping, the title must be pre-ordered no later than 2:00 p.m. PDT Thursday, prior to the game’s Tuesday release. Exceptions may apply, please refer to the individual game page for specific exceptions on Xbox.com. As an Xbox Live Rewards member you will receive the 15,000 Rewards Credits per eligible pre-order; you will not qualify for the $10 Gift Card promoted on Microsoftstore.com. Qualifying games must ship before 12/31/2015. Must be 13+. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Not combinable with other offers.

Xbox Live: oktober rust | Mii: 5207 2388 9861 4135 | Steam ID: detroit820 | Origin ID: oktoberrust11
post #4844 of 4851 Old 06-25-2015, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Microsoft store must be desperate to make some sales.......I rarely order a game new, Fallout 4 may be the exception, but I'm not even bothering to preorder it. I'm going to wait for the reviews to see if its worth playing from the couch or at my PC, and if on the couch....on which console.

On the upside, now that stores are hooked on US making pre-orders, they seem desperate not to lose it...so who knows how much they will give up so you blind-buy something

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

post #4845 of 4851 Old 06-25-2015, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Ends 6/27. Newegg has the Xbox One Batman: Arkham Night + Halo Master Chief Collection and a 3-Month Xbox Live Card for $350 with free shipping. The same bundle with Elder Scrolls: Online Tamriel instead of Arkham Night is available for the same price.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboB...435570_desktop
post #4846 of 4851 Old 06-25-2015, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber View Post
Definitely like to know if there are deals on the MS dollars
Well, it's not a fantastic deal, but take a look at your local Best Buy store. Mine still had packs of gift cards from last Christmas that had three $15 gift cards, plus a bonus $5 card for $45. It's only a 10% discount, but at least it's something. Keep in mind that the $5 card expires in December, not the normal one year after redemption like the $15 cards are.

Scott

post #4847 of 4851 Old 06-28-2015, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 68
The Official Xbox DEALS discussion thread. DEALS ONLY!

If you're a best buy Gaming Club Unlocked Member I got the following:
Halo MCC - $21.49 after price match with Wal-Mart and 20% off new
Sunset Overdrive - $15.85 after 20% off new, on sale at Best Buy for $19.99
Ryse LE - $20.12 after price match with Wal-Mart and 20% off new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN ID: javant86
Xbox Live: PikturePerfekt
post #4848 of 4851 Old 06-28-2015, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamouflage View Post
If you're a best buy Gaming Club Unlocked Member I got the following:
Halo MCC - $21.49 after price match with Wal-Mart and 20% off new
Sunset Overdrive - $15.85 after 20% off new, on sale at Best Buy for $19.99
Ryse LE - $20.12 after price match with Wal-Mart and 20% off new

This is very "your mileage may vary." Most Best Buys refuse to give you the GCU discount on top of a price match. In fact, it's in their policy to do one or the other, not both.
post #4849 of 4851 Old 06-29-2015, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 68
The Official Xbox DEALS discussion thread. DEALS ONLY!

In my experience the gamers club discount has always automatically been applied once they're done ringing up your transactions. Meaning they adjust the price as if it has always been Best Buy's original price. Never had it happen any other way.

PSN ID: javant86
Xbox Live: PikturePerfekt
post #4850 of 4851 Old 06-29-2015, 10:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Microsoft Store has the Xbox One 500GB Console + Halo Master Chief Collection for $349 with free shipping. This offer also includes a $50 Microsoft Store Promo Code, Assassin's Creed Unity and code for free game of your choice.

The Halo bundle includes a headset and The Master Chief's entire story with Halo Combat Evolved: Anniversary, newly remastered Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 3, and Halo 4.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...8789ebfcaec99d
post #4851 of 4851 Old Yesterday, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 151
BEST BUY DEAL OF THE DAY

Far Cry 4
is $19.99 today only at Best Buy. If you have Gamers Club Card, it's only $16!

EDIT: AMAZON has matched, $19.99 today also

Sony HW40es Projector / 106" Silver Ticket screen
Sony 70" W830B LED TV
PS4 GT: Ringo619
Xbox One GT: JonnyRingo619

Last edited by BDUB619; Yesterday at 10:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area