The Official Xbox DEALS discussion thread. DEALS ONLY! - Page 164 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 116Likes

post #4891 of 4899 Old 08-16-2015, 02:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 782
more helpful would be posting deals, not criticizing deals posted by others.

there are varying deals of great. There's no such thing as the perfect deal. If someone is offering a free toaster, that's a great deal... if you wanted a toaster. If you didn't want a toaster, it's not a great deal. So there's no such thing as an absolutely great deal. All you can do is post deals and it's up to the person to determine its value, not you.

As for the posted deal by SPID, it's not a great deal but what it has going for it is it comes with the new controller with 3.5 mm jack. all the older bundles come with the older controller. for $50 more than the typical bundle, you get 500 extra GB, the new controller, a year of Gold, and a couple games. A year of Gold on sale is around $30. A new controller design, a couple games and 500 GB ought to be worth at least $20.

Where can you get Kinect on Craigslist for $50 or less? That's not a very common price. If you look at Craigslist or Ebay, the typical going rate is $60-80.

maybe if you live in Alabama. around my neck of the woods, Kinects don't go for under $50.

Software bundles are not worthless. Some people don't want to wait months to play a game. That's like telling a person it's dumb to watch a movie because you can rent that movie 6 months down the line. If I can buy cheap movie tickets at Costco, I'd rather do that than wait 6 months to rent a movie. There's value in seeing a movie with family and friends when everyone's talking about it. When there's a palpable excitement. Sure, I can penny pinch and wait months but where's the fun in that? That's like saying why pay for a pay-per-view fight when you can see illegal streams or watch it after the fact.

I agree it's better to get a nice big external hard drive. Not only does it run faster, it also doesn't waste the cost of the internal HDD that you're replacing. Plus, you can stack the storage for the far future (like having an 8.5 TB Xbox One). But some people don't want a hard drive to hang off their system. Some people like the HDD to be internal (the PS4 argument).

again, no offense meant. just saying...
deveng and Weaselboy like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4892 of 4899 Old 08-16-2015, 05:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 540
Middle-Earth Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition is $29.99 at Best Buy less if you are in the Gamer's club.
post #4893 of 4899 Old 08-19-2015, 12:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 540
The digital version of Batman: Arkham Knight is $44.99 on Xbox Live this week.
post #4894 of 4899 Old 08-19-2015, 12:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
By the way which is better Xbox or PS4? any recommendations or cons/prons on those products things?
post #4895 of 4899 Old 08-19-2015, 12:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1843 Post(s)
Liked: 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcollins View Post
By the way which is better Xbox or PS4? any recommendations or cons/prons on those products things?

This is the Xbox Deals thread--what answer are you expecting to hear? My response, wrapped in [SPOILER] tags to protect the uninterested:

Spoiler!

This isn't the thread in which to rehash this old debate; I don't know if there is such a thread. There are old threads from the beginning of both platforms with 10s of thousands of replies.
metalsaber and BDUB619 like this.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #4896 of 4899 Old 08-19-2015, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 1861
For a limited time, Amazon has $12 off ($48) the new redesigned XB1 controller for Prime members.

Discount applied during checkout.

"My advice: don't spend money on therapy. Spend it in a record store." – Wim Wenders
post #4897 of 4899 Old 08-20-2015, 04:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Buy the one that has the games you like.

Xbox 360: Deezul AwT
HDTV since 2004, 3D since 2011
Go Jackets!
post #4898 of 4899 Old 08-20-2015, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
The two are pretty much identical (900p vs. 1080p is a non-factor unless you're sitting right on top of the TV). The "exclusive" PS4 content (basically a couple of skins) will also be available on the Xbox One in the fall.

If you own both consoles and have a preference as to one controller over another (I prefer the Xbox One control pad with its offset joysticks) factor that into your decision. That and the ease of adding storage was what led me to go with the Xbox One version.
DaverJ likes this.

Xbox Live: XboxPhantom
PSN: TonyDP
post #4899 of 4899 Old Today, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Not necessarily Xbox related, but for those shopping external drive solutions: NewEgg has the Toshiba 2TB USB 3.0 powered external on ShellShocker for 79... I have no idea of the quality, or read/write speeds...just had seen it on today's deals.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area