Need xbox 360 game suggestions for boys 7 and 9 and girl 13 years old - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 38 Old 01-21-2009, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 15
i ordered the xbox 360 pro with the racing wheel and dirt.

any other games out there they can enjoy playing together? they already played the lego series on ds btw. also i assume i can buy some arcade type games online? if so some of those suggestions too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 01-21-2009, 01:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well depending on the temperament of the kids, I'd definitely recommend Viva Pinata. It's really fun but they have to have the patience to walk around and splat bugs with a shovel and little detailed work like that. It involves the kids a lot and will definitely catch their interest with the wide variety of characters.

Another really good game you might want to consider would be something like Rock Band if they're into playing instruments/singing. I know that my nieces and nephew love to play that game for those reasons alone... the only thing about that would be the song list and there not being enough to keep their interest.

Just thought I'd throw out those ideas, good luck though... I'm at a loss for my 14 year old nephew who is into skating, but has Tony Hawk and SKATE games already...

360 GT: FormidableOne
Games I Play: CoD 4, UFC 2009: Undisputed, WWE SvR 2009, Halo 3, and soon PROTOTYPE
post #3 of 38 Old 01-21-2009, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
I have 8, 6, and 4 yo, and my neices are 13, 11, and 6. Universally (except for the 4 yo), the biggest hit is Rock Band. All of them can play together, they enjoy the music, and it is relatively easy (though a litlle tough for the 6 yo). GH II, GH III, GH:WT, RB1, RB2 are all the choices (GH:Aerosmith as well).

There are so many kids games, many of them movie based (Shrek, Surfs up, ratatoille, Bee Movie, along with at least a dozen others). There have been a couple of holiday bundles that are cheap, last year ESA has Open Season, cars, fusion frenzy ($30 total), this year it was Viva Pinata: Party Animals, Shrek, Sonic ($30).

Any of the Lego games (SW, SW:complete saga, Batman, Indiania Jones)

Any sports games (Madden, baseball, basketball, hockey, tennis, pingpong, boxing, olympics, soccer, etc). There is a new one every year, so I buy last years version for less than $10 usually.

Any car game (PGR3, PGR4, Frorza, Dirt, Grid, Burnout (paradise, Revenge), Need for Speed (Most wanted, Carbon, prostreet, undercover), Pure, Moto GP, Nascar (yearly), and a few others.

It is going to happen, so you have to decide 'when', but they (the boys especially) are going to want Halo 3. My 8 yo has been on my case for months, and I always tell him no, but during the holidays when my neices were over I buckled and let them play. They has so much fun. It is a 'M' rated game, but there is not too much gore. Even my 6 yo was able to play. They play against each other, and not online.

Viva Pinata, Viva Pinata 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and most super hero games (Superman, Hulk, Iron man, 3-4 Spiderman games, Ninja Turtles, FF, etc). Forza 2, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance were bundled last year, and they are both outstanding games so you should find them cheap.

There are plenty of Aracde games that are probably good, but they have the Wii for that.

Xbox and PS3 Gamertag = Xerostomia
Wii = I'm too lazy to get the number
post #4 of 38 Old 01-21-2009, 02:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 155
The new Banjo Kazooie Nuts n Bolts game is great for creative minded kids , interface can be a bit clunky but the game itself is fun (my 12 year old son enjoys it) .

The Legend of Spyro Dawn of the Dragon has a two player mode if they like to team up .

Crash Bandicoot Mind Over Mutant offers hours of gameplay but can be a bit frustrating when backtracking through levels that have already been played , still pretty fun over all .

My son luvs the LIVE arcade SpongeBob Underpants game and it has a 2 player mode .

The Simpsons game is another 2 player game that many kids seem to enjoy as long as you don't mind the burp/fart jokes .

My Son's two favorite 360 games are Tony Hawk Project 8 and Kameo (I think Kameo is one of the best kid friendly 360 games produced and it was a launch title) .

Best of Luck ,
- Jason
post #5 of 38 Old 01-21-2009, 02:13 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 17
Puzzle Quest
Kameo
Doritos Dash of Destruction is a free game that is good for an evening
I played co-op Bionic Commando with my 6 year old (now 7) son.
Geometry Wars Retro Evolved
Switchball
Portal
Grid
N+
Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Top Spin 3
Jetpac Refueled
Zuma
Tomb Raider
The Simpson's Game (Mildly offensive like the TV show)
Uno (Not online with random people!)
Kung Fu Panda
Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting
The Maw
post #6 of 38 Old 01-21-2009, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
GTA4
Saints Row (1 and 2)
Halo 3 (but only if you give them microphones)

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
post #7 of 38 Old 01-21-2009, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

My son is 7. On the 360, these days, he likes COD WAW, and Stuntmant Ignition. He enjoyed playing through the Bee Movie Game. He likes the Lego games as well. He refuses to play GH/RB games anymore which is sad because when he was 6, he really enjoyed GH3 and was 5 starring challenging songs on expert.

XBL: mmjp08 PSN: mikeny1
post #8 of 38 Old 01-21-2009, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeny View Post

My son is 7. On the 360, these days, he likes COD WAW, and Stuntmant Ignition. He enjoyed playing through the Bee Movie Game. He likes the Lego games as well. He refuses to play GH/RB games anymore which is sad because when he was 6, he really enjoyed GH3 and was 5 starring challenging songs on expert.

My son is 7 as well, and it's about the same with him, although we don't let him play FPS games, so COD or Halo would be out (that's not a knock on your parenting techniques, BTW, so don't take it as that).

I really wish he was into Rock Band 2. I had such high hopes for it, but he only liked it for about 3 weeks, and now won't even play it with me anymore

He enjoys the Lego games, Portal (yeah, I know it's a FPS, but you aren't shooting people), and enjoys some arcade titles like Castle Crashers and Banjo Kazooie (the original)

Right now he got a Wii for xmas, so he's enjoying Mario Kart and Mario Galaxy (which is actually a pretty great game that I'm playing through as well).
post #9 of 38 Old 01-21-2009, 05:48 PM

Absolutely Halo 3. It is fps, but kid friendly. Halo 3 is a must for kids playing multiplayer on the same screen.
post #10 of 38 Old 01-21-2009, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Gears 2. You haven't had a good childhood until you've chainsawed somebody in half up through his groin, and gone swimming in giant worm blood

I've had lots of fun playing Puzzle Quest against my 9 year old son.
post #11 of 38 Old 01-21-2009, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 15
wow lots of suggestions. i have a lot of buying to do.
post #12 of 38 Old 01-22-2009, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mproper View Post

My son is 7 as well, and it's about the same with him, although we don't let him play FPS games, so COD or Halo would be out (that's not a knock on your parenting techniques, BTW, so don't take it as that).

I really wish he was into Rock Band 2. I had such high hopes for it, but he only liked it for about 3 weeks, and now won't even play it with me anymore

He enjoys the Lego games, Portal (yeah, I know it's a FPS, but you aren't shooting people), and enjoys some arcade titles like Castle Crashers and Banjo Kazooie (the original)

Right now he got a Wii for xmas, so he's enjoying Mario Kart and Mario Galaxy (which is actually a pretty great game that I'm playing through as well).

My son loves those Mario games as well as Bully on the Wii. No offense about FPS stuff.

The truth is (with some guilt) I used to let him play GTAIV, supervised (with the sound very low or off). He completed the missions, after I did over the summer but I don't let him play anymore though, because all he wants do now in the game is run and around, shoot innocent people, raise his wanted level and cause mayhem. It was enough.

It's great though, how at his age, even though he really didn't want to stop messing around with GTAIV, he'll still enjoy more age appropriate games like Mario, etc.

post #13 of 38 Old 01-22-2009, 07:19 AM

Mproper you might want to rethink the fps thing if you let him play bully and gta!!
Halo is somewhat cartoonish and is very kid friendly especially when multiplayer on same tv using split screen.
Steve
post #14 of 38 Old 01-22-2009, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post

MikeNY might want to rethink the fps thing if you let him play bully and gta!!
Halo is somewhat cartoonish and is very kid friendly especially when multiplayer on same tv using split screen.
Steve

mproper wrote that he doesn't have them do the fps shooters. (not me)

post #15 of 38 Old 01-22-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:

Sorry my man
post #16 of 38 Old 01-22-2009, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisfc1972 View Post

i ordered the xbox 360 pro with the racing wheel and dirt.

any other games out there they can enjoy playing together? they already played the lego series on ds btw. also i assume i can buy some arcade type games online? if so some of those suggestions too

Go on arcade there's tons of games. There's a golf game on there that's like a wacky putt putt. I know I said tons and only named one but I don't pay much.

D.I.N.K

Double
Income
No
Kids
post #17 of 38 Old 01-22-2009, 06:53 PM
AVS Special Member

The golf arcade game is a hit with a certain 9 year-old girl I know.
Also Kameo.
Civilization Revolution.
Domino master.
Gin rummy.
Catan.
Carcassonne.
Hearts.
Solitaire.
By all means: hit XBLA for demos and see what they like.
(Probably not Penny Arcade adventures, though. )
post #18 of 38 Old 01-23-2009, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member

I would download Aegis Wing. It's a side-scrolling spaceship shooter. It has 4 player co-op and promotes good teamwork. Also, it's free.
post #19 of 38 Old 01-23-2009, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Mproper you might want to rethink the fps thing if you let him play bully and gta!!
Steve

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry my man

I think Jets is drunk. I don't let my kid play FPS (yet anyways), but MikeNy is the guy who lets his kid play bully and GTA.

But that's ok. After you sober up and I'm sure you can fix your posts....maybe to say "Mproper you might want to rethink the fps thing if MikeNy lets his kid play bully and gta!!" but that really wouldn't make sense either
post #20 of 38 Old 01-23-2009, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think Jets is drunk. I don't let my kid play FPS (yet anyways), but MikeNy is the guy who lets his kid play bully and GTA.

But that's ok. After you sober up and I'm sure you can fix your posts....maybe to say "Mproper you might want to rethink the fps thing if MikeNy lets his kid play bully and gta!!" but that really wouldn't make sense either

I didn't get it either but he said he was sorry. Let's forget it.

So does anyone recommend any other games than besides the ones mentioned for the OP?

post #21 of 38 Old 01-23-2009, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
What is interesting is that I downloaded the demo for LotR:Battle for middle earth (the RTS), and my 8 yo was 'into' it. He has also been trying Command and Conquer. He has been struggling because the commands are somewhat complex especailly when the action gets frantic, but when the enemy turtles, he has a better chance as he is able to play slower. Thus RTS games may be OK (I know there is a lot of 'killing' in these games, but not like FPS, thus slightly older kids might find them fun, the whole concept of gathering resources, spending the resources properly, and building and army, etc). I have not played civilization revolution yet, but I heard that it is really good, similarly Halo Wars is 'supposed' to revolutionalize console RTS, so this genre is another option.

Xbox and PS3 Gamertag = Xerostomia
Wii = I'm too lazy to get the number
post #22 of 38 Old 01-23-2009, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Another possibility on the action game front for slightly older kids is Prince of Persia.
I've only played a level or two but the sword fights, so far, have all ended with the antagonist fleeing in panic rather than dying.
Some of the Spider-man games might also fit the bill.
post #23 of 38 Old 01-23-2009, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Global Thermonuclear War.
post #24 of 38 Old 01-23-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:

Fixed long before you posted, but I guess you're a little slow. Thats ok we are very tolerant of special people here.
post #25 of 38 Old 01-23-2009, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Fixed long before you posted, but I guess you're a little slow. Thats ok we are very tolerant of special people here.

You're still mixed up. Read the posts again.
post #26 of 38 Old 01-23-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundull View Post

You're still mixed up. Read the posts again.

Hahahaha I need to lay off the Gin!!
post #27 of 38 Old 01-27-2009, 06:47 PM

I just bought Shaun White Snowboarding and its a lot of fun. You can do the story if you want or just freeride down the mountain. I got it when I bought skate 2 and only got it cuz my old boss is too good of a salesman. But I got home last sunday and popped it in. Didnt even realize it, spent four hours first session without a break, it just pulled me in with the feel, graphics, and a semi decent soundtrack (Im just not a fan of newer "rock").
Hope it helps, my little brother wants it for wii too, although we all love snowsports and have since we were real young.
post #28 of 38 Old 05-01-2009, 05:05 AM

leisure suit larry: magnum cum laude
post #29 of 38 Old 05-01-2009, 10:23 AM

PEGGLE! Try it and you'll be hogging it from your kids

Gamertag: esaesid
PSN: fistfulofsteel
Xfire: thediseas3
post #30 of 38 Old 05-01-2009, 10:31 AM

i got a nephew thats 13 he likes gears 2 and burnout paradise an my niece is 9 and she loves gears 2 il be gettin leisure suit larry soon i know they will like that game
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page