Marvel VS Capcom 2 Announced for Xbox Live Arcade - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 142 Old 07-30-2009, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
its the bomb. played 5 online matches (got my azz handed to me) but put up a fight (read: smashed buttons!).
played through 2 sets of characters (14 matches). its great! would be excellent with a fight stick though. a lot of the youngin's (read: playstation kids) would probably prefer the digital controller of the PS3 as the 360's is nothing to write home about.
seriously why has microsoft chosen to stay with a crappy digital pad (the up/down/left/right pad, not the analog sticks).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 142 Old 07-30-2009, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 446
Has anyone used the Street Fighter pads for this? I need to download this tonight.

The 5.0 is here
post #123 of 142 Old 07-30-2009, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 98
I use the Street Fighter pad for this. It works great. I don't understand what you're saying about the d-pad on the 360, tronn. Both the PS3 and the 360 have d-pads and two analog sticks.
post #124 of 142 Old 07-30-2009, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 61
The D-pad on the xbox controller is significantly worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

I use the Street Fighter pad for this. It works great. I don't understand what you're saying about the d-pad on the 360, tronn. Both the PS3 and the 360 have d-pads and two analog sticks.

post #125 of 142 Old 07-30-2009, 10:21 AM

^correct.
the d-pad on the xbox is roundish. not accurate at all.
as opposed to the ps3's d-pad. a game like this is well suited for the ps3 controller.
you can pull off all the moves with some difficulty on both controllers using the analog sticks, but i'd rather a big analog stick rather than a thumb stick. a fighting controller resembling an arcade mock-up would suit this game for both platforms.

edit: im talking about the standard microsoft controllers' d-pad compared to the standard sony controllers' d-pad
post #126 of 142 Old 07-30-2009, 10:25 AM

this would work well for this particular game. for others not so much. only fighting games.
post #127 of 142 Old 07-31-2009, 10:44 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
I got this game today... I'm a noob. I never got the chance to play this in the Arcade or on Dreamcast/PS2/Xbox when it was originally released... I played my first game online today, bad idea.

I had to face Ironman, Megaman, and Venom. It didn't last long

Megaman kept shooting hydukens at me while he kept using assists from the other two... My screen was filled with flying projectiles...

PSN - nnarum
post #128 of 142 Old 08-01-2009, 09:25 AM

The achievements in this game are ridiculously hard. Seems to be a staple of Capcom/Backbone games. I barely got the Uncanny Team the other day. Still can't get the freakin' Avengers one.
post #129 of 142 Old 08-01-2009, 10:58 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
For those using a Street Fighter joystick, how do you feel about the responsiveness of the game?
post #130 of 142 Old 08-01-2009, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 98
The Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix achievements were not that hard just time consuming.
post #131 of 142 Old 08-04-2009, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tronn View Post

^correct.
the d-pad on the xbox is roundish. not accurate at all.
as opposed to the ps3's d-pad. a game like this is well suited for the ps3 controller.
you can pull off all the moves with some difficulty on both controllers using the analog sticks, but i'd rather a big analog stick rather than a thumb stick. a fighting controller resembling an arcade mock-up would suit this game for both platforms.

edit: im talking about the standard microsoft controllers' d-pad compared to the standard sony controllers' d-pad

Saw you messaged me the other day, probably while my wife was watching a movie on Netflix. I shall challenge thee to a MvsC2 duel!

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
post #132 of 142 Old 08-04-2009, 10:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 335
I want in on this duel...

*slaps both of them*

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #133 of 142 Old 08-04-2009, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

I want in on this duel...

*slaps both of them*

menage a trois? (the non-nasty sort of course)...

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
post #134 of 142 Old 08-04-2009, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Where can I find the hiphop soundtrack for this?

XBOX Live: Hank Love
post #135 of 142 Old 08-04-2009, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Best fighting game ever, but plays really poor with the regular Xbox 360 controller - or at least it does for me unfortunately. Had to order one of those Street Fighter fightpads from Amazon, that should do the trick.
post #136 of 142 Old 08-05-2009, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

I've got an XFPS 3.0 and a PS2 pad (which I bought in preperation for Tekken 6). Works alot better than the 360 controller but I can't use my mic. Need to get my wireless mic back from a friend I gave it to (as he doesn't play online).

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
post #137 of 142 Old 08-05-2009, 11:22 AM

The 360 controller is garbage for fighting games in general for those that are having problems doing moves in the game. From what I've heard, the European 360 standard controllers are actually much better (a REAL D-Pad, and not that floaty piece of crap us Americans get).

That being said, a quality stick is always the best option for fighters. Personally, I'm waiting for the new Hori stick to come out in October. At this time, I've been using a Street Fighter IV Fightpad (made by Madcatz).

FYI, the Fightpad is a HUGE improvement over the standard 360 controller. HOWEVER, don't expect it to last long. At around the 200 hour mark in Street Fighter IV, it absolutely crapped out on me. The D-Pad got completely mucky and inaccurate.

I'm enjoying Marvel Vs Capcom 2 at the moment, but I've played this game so much that it's really kinda a thing of the past for me. I've owned it on Dreamcast & Xbox...not to mention the countless amount of quarters I've used playing it in the arcade.

If you guys are fans of insane 2D fighters, I HIGHLY suggest you check out BlazBlue as well. If you ever played a Guilty Gear fighting game, it's like a more polished version of it.
post #138 of 142 Old 08-05-2009, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjanssen83 View Post

That being said, a quality stick is always the best option for fighters. Personally, I'm waiting for the new Hori stick to come out in October. At this time, I've been using a Street Fighter IV Fightpad (made by Madcatz).

Is Hori coming out with a new stick or is it just a Tekken rebrand of their usual one? The DOA/SF4/Blaz/SC4 stick by Hori is actually kind of garbage. It breaks down and requires a lot of work to mod. You're much better off getting the MadCatz SF4 TE stick (used in high level play) or the SE stick and replacing all the parts with Sanwa (it's all snap-ins).

PSN / Steam - KrimsonStudios
post #139 of 142 Old 08-05-2009, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Actually, I think the Hori SF4 stick is a "better stick" than the Catz SF4 sticks, but you need to replace the buttons. The stick is Sanwa and the base is much sturdier, but the buttons are Hori. That said, Sanwa buttons are what, $2 each?

That said, Hori is making the official Tekken 6 stick and it's wireless. I don't know if they'll use Sanwa stick/buttons in it or not but it's worth a look. Also, at the price point it's not a bad buy (Tekken 6 + stick for $150).

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
post #140 of 142 Old 08-05-2009, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post

Actually, I think the Hori SF4 stick is a "better stick" than the Catz SF4 sticks, but you need to replace the buttons. The stick is Sanwa and the base is much sturdier, but the buttons are Hori. That said, Sanwa buttons are what, $2 each?

That said, Hori is making the official Tekken 6 stick and it's wireless. I don't know if they'll use Sanwa stick/buttons in it or not but it's worth a look. Also, at the price point it's not a bad buy (Tekken 6 + stick for $150).

The MadCats TE stick is ALL sanwa parts. They actually did something right for once. I've been watching all the recent SF4 comp's (EVO, Devastation) and like 90% of the top players were using the madcats TE stick, and the 10% that didn't were using one of the higher end PS3 sticks by Hori. The SE on the other hand is probably giving this stick a bad name since it's all generic buttons and joystick and pretty much requires you to replace everything with Sanwa/Semitsu right out of the box.

Here is a fight game site that ranks the sticks for both consoles:
http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/arcade...stick-ranking/

Not that I'm saying the Hori stick sucks, but there are a lot of complaints and it will likely require modding (soldering involved).

But yeah, $150 for Tekken and a stick is a pretty solid deal though.

PSN / Steam - KrimsonStudios
post #141 of 142 Old 08-05-2009, 11:09 PM

FYI:

- The Tekken 6 bundle pack seems to come with a normal Hori HRAP.
- The NEW Hori HRAP is set to be available October 19th. This HRAP has either full Sanwa parts or Seimitsu parts depending on your platform. It retails for $120 for PS3 and $140 for 360.
- The Madcatz Street Fighter IV SE Fightsticks are GARBAGE.

The only real quality thing from Madcatz seems to be the TE Fightstick. Granted, it's all Sanwa parts though. Ironically, the only things I've heard going wrong with them are issues with the actual board. Didn't see that one coming...the only part of the stick made by Madcatz is the part that has problems. lol.

That being said, these problems don't seem to be happening too often. Everything else about the TE Fightstick is top notch quality. It's a great stick.
post #142 of 142 Old 08-05-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post

But yeah, $150 for Tekken and a stick is a pretty solid deal though.

Good deal indeed, but this would be a better deal IMO:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Real-...9539143&sr=8-5
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page