Marvel VS Capcom 2 Announced for Xbox Live Arcade - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 142 Old 04-27-2009, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 7,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 429
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/19476/...x-Live-Arcade/

Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, and Marvel, a leading global character-based entertainment and licensing company, today announced that the oft-requested fighting game, Marvel VS Capcom® 2 (MvC2), will be coming to the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the this summer via digital distribution.

The classic fighter pits some of Capcom's familiar faces against a host of Marvel Comic's biggest names in explosive three-on-three team battles. Marvel VS Capcom 2 has been rated T for Teen by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board and will be available for purchase on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for Xbox 360 for 1200 Microsoft Points and the PlayStation®Network for $14.99 when the game goes live this summer.






Marvel VS Capcom 2 features the biggest roster of challengers to ever square off in a Capcom fighting game, a total of 56 combined brawlers from both the Capcom and Marvel universes. From the world of Capcom comes characters such as Ryu from the Street Fighter® series, Jill Valentine from the Resident Evil® games and unofficial company mascot Mega Man®. Marvel is represented by some of its biggest names, including the Invincible Iron Man, Captain America, the Sentinel of Liberty, and War Machine, Weapon of S.H.I.E.L.D. Players can mix and match from both worlds in order to create their own ideal three man/woman/robot/monster team-up.





Marvel VS Capcom 2 is designed to be a gateway for new players to experience the fun of fighting games while providing a deep system for hardcore fighting fans to dig into. Action is based around colorful, exaggerated attacks that include gigantic projectile attacks (such as Ryu's fireball or Dr. Doom's Plasma Beam) and high-flying aerial moves (like Spider-Man's Maximum Spider or Cammy's Killer Bee Attack). The controls are somewhat simplified from the classic six-button system at the heart of Capcom games like Street Fighter® IV, utilizing a four-button control scheme for the action, with two assist buttons that pull in your team members for additional support.






Due to the amazing combination of Marvel and Capcom characters and the game's celebrated fighting system and graphics, MvC2 has been a hotly sought-after title on the game collector's circuit. Previously owned copies for older game consoles have been demanding more than $100 in auctions and at specialty video game outlets. Now players who have been desperately searching out used copies of the game will be able to go hands-on and play online with the same great online experience from Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix. Additionally, Capcom has added an optional advanced visual filter that improves the overall appearance of the game and added online modes, including Ranked Matches and the popular Player Quarter Match, that allows up to four people to watch and chat while two others are battling it out.

The 5.0 is here
mboojigga is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 142 Old 04-27-2009, 06:26 PM
 
assasyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring Texas
Posts: 2,993
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes!!!!
assasyn is offline  
post #3 of 142 Old 04-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Member
 
Illiterature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
woooow, one of those rare moments when this jaded gamers wish comes true!
Illiterature is offline  
post #4 of 142 Old 04-27-2009, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 7,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 429
I believe I read the demo is going to be released exclusivly on the PS3 30 Apr 09. I guess we will see.

The 5.0 is here
mboojigga is offline  
post #5 of 142 Old 04-27-2009, 08:39 PM
Member
 
ibuycheap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

I believe I read the demo is going to be released exclusivly on the PS3 30 Apr 09. I guess we will see.

I bet there will be no demo (for the public at least)

Quarter matches, why doesn't street fighter 4 have them???
ibuycheap is offline  
post #6 of 142 Old 04-27-2009, 09:24 PM
 
tronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,730
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
happy dance! now i really REALLY need arcade fighting sticks!
tronn is offline  
post #7 of 142 Old 04-27-2009, 09:29 PM
 
assasyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring Texas
Posts: 2,993
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Joystiq is confirming a PS3 demo to be exclusive.
assasyn is offline  
post #8 of 142 Old 04-27-2009, 09:33 PM
 
tronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,730
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
well at least the ps3 is good for other things other than blu rayz

ahh just yanking ur chains. i sorta play it too

tronn is offline  
post #9 of 142 Old 04-27-2009, 09:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Degenerazn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,176
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Damn, this is gonna be absolutely insane. I can't freaking wait.

Onkyo 605 - Pioneer Pro-730HD - HD-XA2
XBL: Degenerazn
PSN: Degenerazn
Wii: 8392 0559 3275 9767
Degenerazn is offline  
post #10 of 142 Old 04-27-2009, 09:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kabob983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 4,866
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Yeah, they had a teaser site up for a few days, I knew it'd either be XBL/PSN MvsC 2 or development for MvsC 3.

Super stoked as well, I've either got to get a stick or a fightpad now, this will NOT work with the stock 360 controller!!

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
kabob983 is offline  
post #11 of 142 Old 04-27-2009, 10:55 PM
 
PSound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,074
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Between this and the new Street Fighter, it is time to invest in a joystick
PSound is offline  
post #12 of 142 Old 04-28-2009, 12:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
DaGamePimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: WA State
Posts: 15,494
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Thought I was dreaming when I read this but then I looked out my window and a pig flew by so it must be real.

AWESOME !!!

Jason
DaGamePimp is offline  
post #13 of 142 Old 04-28-2009, 03:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dragonyeuw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Gonna take you for a riiiiide!!

So I guess all those people selling physical copies for $80 are about to have their b*lls cut off, eh? lol

Too many systems and games....not enough time or money!

dragonyeuw is offline  
post #14 of 142 Old 04-28-2009, 05:37 AM
 
assasyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring Texas
Posts: 2,993
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post

Yeah, they had a teaser site up for a few days, I knew it'd either be XBL/PSN MvsC 2 or development for MvsC 3.

Super stoked as well, I've either got to get a stick or a fightpad now, this will NOT work with the stock 360 controller!!

I'm hoping it's both!
assasyn is offline  
post #15 of 142 Old 04-28-2009, 05:45 AM
 
whiskey > work's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: trash can
Posts: 3,985
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
watch capcom release this the same day as tekken 6. Serves Namco and Bandai right, I hope they do after that charging for Vader scam on SC4
whiskey > work is offline  
post #16 of 142 Old 04-28-2009, 05:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 7,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey > work View Post

watch capcom release this the same day as tekken 6. Serves Namco and Bandai right, I hope they do after that charging for Vader scam on SC4

MVC2 is coming out this Summer and I believe Tekken 6 is supposed to arrive this Fall.

The 5.0 is here
mboojigga is offline  
post #17 of 142 Old 04-28-2009, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NoThru22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 86
This game will have it's own fightpads and TE sticks. They are rumored to be releasing around mid-July.

EDIT: Articles about the features and graphics:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/sven/blo...s_mvc2_is_real

http://www.capcom-unity.com/jimmyrey...ts_mahvel_baby
NoThru22 is offline  
post #18 of 142 Old 04-28-2009, 07:00 AM
Senior Member
 
hiko13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

This game will have it's own fightpads and TE sticks. They are rumored to be releasing around mid-July.

I've seen that rumor in a couple spots, but are there any links? I missed the SFIV pads the first time around...or do the Saturn USB controllers work on the 360? Thinking no but wanted to verify.

PSN: Thrillho
XBL: Herald of Woe
hiko13 is offline  
post #19 of 142 Old 04-28-2009, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
NoThru22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 86
They haven't been announced yet but the Fightpads made a brief appearance on Amazon as pre-orders and the TE Stick has a pre-order page on http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/HAR...e%20Stick.html

No pics anywhere yet.
NoThru22 is offline  
post #20 of 142 Old 04-28-2009, 08:25 AM
Senior Member
 
hiko13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ah, cool. Thanks.

PSN: Thrillho
XBL: Herald of Woe
hiko13 is offline  
post #21 of 142 Old 04-28-2009, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kabob983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 4,866
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey > work View Post

watch capcom release this the same day as tekken 6. Serves Namco and Bandai right, I hope they do after that charging for Vader scam on SC4

Because charging for extra character COSTUMES is SO much better than charging for new characters...no offense but Capcom is MUCH worse than Namco in that respect.

Capcom:
Charge for extra costumes on SFIV ($16 for all of 'em)
Charge for vs. multiplayer on RE5 ($10, 3 weeks after the game comes out...)

Namco:
Charge for extra character (Vader/Yoda, $4)
OPTIONAL charge for extra costumes which can also be unlocked in-game

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
kabob983 is offline  
post #22 of 142 Old 04-28-2009, 08:41 AM
 
whiskey > work's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: trash can
Posts: 3,985
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
charging the consumer for a character already on the disc is wrong.
whiskey > work is offline  
post #23 of 142 Old 04-28-2009, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kabob983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 4,866
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey > work View Post

charging the consumer for a character already on the disc is wrong.

Charging the consumer for a GAME MODE already on the disc is "wronger" (the Resident Evil 5 multiplayer was already on the DVD when it shipped, you pay $10 for a code to unlock it).

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
kabob983 is offline  
post #24 of 142 Old 04-28-2009, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dragonyeuw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Both are examples of serious nickel and diming. Has anyone ever really challenged the legality of charging twice for content locked on a disk that you ALREADY paid for?

Too many systems and games....not enough time or money!

dragonyeuw is offline  
post #25 of 142 Old 04-28-2009, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 7,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:


Both are examples of serious nickel and diming

No one got nicked and dimed when you are the final process in the transaction. They as a company decided to charge you this content which they have every right to do so. As far as Vader/Yoda it was announced the characters were exclusive to the systems they were announced for. Blame the fans who wanted the characters unlocked or added to each system. Namco saw an opportunity to make money and obviously people could care less if the character was already on the disc or not.

The 5.0 is here
mboojigga is offline  
post #26 of 142 Old 04-28-2009, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
number1laing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,993
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post

Charging the consumer for a GAME MODE already on the disc is "wronger" (the Resident Evil 5 multiplayer was already on the DVD when it shipped, you pay $10 for a code to unlock it).

No it wasn't - IGN claimed it was because they are idiots. Unlock keys are 100KB, the Versus mode download was 1.9 megs. It uses art assets that are already in the game, and the 1.9 megs are scripts that adjust the levels and contain the multiplayer logic. Scripts *not on the disc*. Going forward maybe Capcom should've just put in 200 megs of dummy files so IGN won't talk a bunch of horse ****.

And it was $5, not $10.
number1laing is offline  
post #27 of 142 Old 04-28-2009, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kabob983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 4,866
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing View Post

No it wasn't - IGN claimed it was because they are idiots. Unlock keys are 100KB, the Versus mode download was 1.9 megs. It uses art assets that are already in the game, and the 1.9 megs are scripts that adjust the levels and contain the multiplayer logic. Scripts *not on the disc*. Going forward maybe Capcom should've just put in 200 megs of dummy files so IGN won't talk a bunch of horse ****.

And it was $5, not $10.

Ahh, nevertheless, saying that charging for content that should be included in the games is something exclusive to Namco just isn't true. Sorry if all my facts aren't quite right. The Gears 2 first map pack that was released 3 weeks after the game had the same effect on me, that's just wrong.

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
kabob983 is offline  
post #28 of 142 Old 04-28-2009, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dragonyeuw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

No one got nicked and dimed when you are the final process in the transaction. They as a company decided to charge you this content which they have every right to do so. As far as Vader/Yoda it was announced the characters were exclusive to the systems they were announced for. Blame the fans who wanted the characters unlocked or added to each system. Namco saw an opportunity to make money and obviously people could care less if the character was already on the disc or not.

So you think it's good practice to charge twice to unlock content that's already contained on the disc, that you've technically already paid for when you bought the game? I'll agree to disagree with that one. As far as Vader/Yoda went, as I understand it both characters were on the disc, you just had to pay extra to 'unlock' the other character depending on the system. Never mind that you already plucked down $60 for the game from the outset. When I buy a game, I expect that my money pays for the contents contained on that disc, not to have to pay again to unlock something that my initial investment should have covered. If that's no issue for you, kudos to you.

On the other hand, you are right that as long as people continue to support this by buying, the companies will continue to do what they're doing. I choose to vote with my wallet, I've yet to buy any content this generation. Maybe it means I miss out, but the ass is being torn out of this DLC thing.... $5 for a new outfit? Please.

Too many systems and games....not enough time or money!

dragonyeuw is offline  
post #29 of 142 Old 04-28-2009, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kabob983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 4,866
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonyeuw View Post

On the other hand, you are right that as long as people continue to support this by buying, the companies will continue to do what they're doing. I choose to vote with my wallet, I've yet to buy any content this generation. Maybe it means I miss out, but the ass is being torn out of this DLC thing.... $5 for a new outfit? Please.

There are a few times when I'm alright with DLC, I might not buy it but I don't have a gripe with it. I bought the 2nd GoW 1's DLC maps, as well as the CoD 4 map pack, but it just seems that they actually took time in developing them. Heck, even if the GoW 2 map pack was finished when the game was completed, as long as they didn't put it out for a few months I wouldn't have a problem with it like I do. That's just insulting.

Typically though I steer clear of pay content. Forza 2 sort of owned me but that was my own durn fault... Forza 3 is doing it right though. You can buy the game as normal or you can buy a special edition of the game which will allow you do download all future DLC for free. If it's $20 extra or less I'm buying it as I own ever single DLC add on for Forza 2 (~$30?), I'm hoping it'll be $10, good way to encourage the hardcore fans to buy it.

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
kabob983 is offline  
post #30 of 142 Old 04-28-2009, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
number1laing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,993
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonyeuw View Post

So you think it's good practice to charge twice to unlock content that's already contained on the disc, that you've technically already paid for when you bought the game? I'll agree to disagree with that one. As far as Vader/Yoda went, as I understand it both characters were on the disc, you just had to pay extra to 'unlock' the other character depending on the system. Never mind that you already plucked down $60 for the game from the outset. When I buy a game, I expect that my money pays for the contents contained on that disc, not to have to pay again to unlock something that my initial investment should have covered. If that's no issue for you, kudos to you.

You are paying for what the publisher is offering. If the publisher isn't offering Yoda then you're not paying for him. You are paying for all the other Soul Calibur characters. It's not like Namco lied or anything, they were quite clear one character was playable on PS3 and one on 360.

Whether or not the data is located on the disc is irrelevant.

Quote:


Typically though I steer clear of pay content. Forza 2 sort of owned me but that was my own durn fault... Forza 3 is doing it right though. You can buy the game as normal or you can buy a special edition of the game which will allow you do download all future DLC for free. If it's $20 extra or less I'm buying it as I own ever single DLC add on for Forza 2 (~$30?), I'm hoping it'll be $10, good way to encourage the hardcore fans to buy it.

I never heard this about Forza 3. In fact Forza 3 hasn't even been officially announced. I think you're thinking of a rumor making the rounds regarding Gran Turismo 5.
number1laing is offline  
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off