bad company 2 - Page 202 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #6031 of 7586 Old 02-03-2011, 06:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was on last night after waiting an hour to connect to EA online. Later in the evening, gamer "xxdoughzillaxx" joined our game and I'll be damned if I didn't call him Link about ten times. I have never heard two people sound so much alike and have the same rage and name calling capabilities. Anyone else get that feeling?

gamertag BRO GRIM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6032 of 7586 Old 02-03-2011, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I finally played last night and noticed that no one was playing Vietnam. Are y'all tired of it or something I'm missing?

Salminella Now Better with Kinect: 360 PSN

Official member and mascot of the AVS' Xbox 360 Elite Club of Awesomeness
post #6033 of 7586 Old 02-03-2011, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I see every now and again AVSers playing Vietnam but not as much as before...

I don't mind playing either but at this point I prefer regular since I feel like I have more to do. After going for the Gold stars achievement on Vietnam, I decided to go for it in vanilla also since for me it's the last "collectible" left to get in this game.

XBL : lowgn
post #6034 of 7586 Old 02-03-2011, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
I played some Nam last night and I do not know what was going on but I was getting killed left and right. Worst games for me ever. Link was still rolling so I cannot say it was lag or not but man I stunk it up.

James
post #6035 of 7586 Old 02-03-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets69 View Post

I was on last night after waiting an hour to connect to EA online. Later in the evening, gamer "xxdoughzillaxx" joined our game and I'll be damned if I didn't call him Link about ten times. I have never heard two people sound so much alike and have the same rage and name calling capabilities. Anyone else get that feeling?

oh, i know a few... but none seems to be able to match the original... what's funny is that Link has mellowed a lot; i now know several guys who are *worse* than he! having had my share of girlfriends in the past, i guess i've learned how to completely tune him out and just say 'uh-huh' in the right spots...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr39 View Post

I finally played last night and noticed that no one was playing Vietnam. Are y'all tired of it or something I'm missing?

personally, i hit vietnam so hard for a while, that i'm now playing vanilla for a change of pace. i like both, and will play either. i'd been playing vanilla all day, so in the evening i switched over to Vietnam... couldn't get a damned thing going, so i called it a night.

for me, Vietnam has the advantage of being tolerable in non-hardcore mode.

it's weird not having a laundry-list of things i'm looking to accomplish... i need about 30 more kills with the TT33 (still wondering why the star structure of this pistol mimics the primary weapons, and not the other pistols of vanilla)... i'm about 120 kills away from a G3 platinum, but i'm not exactly chasing it, you know? it's not like i really need the points, anymore...

every now and then, i like using modern weapons, ones that aren't rusted through... heh...

Official Member of the East Coast Avengers
GT: dae giovanni
post #6036 of 7586 Old 02-03-2011, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 81
I've been back on regular because I missed the assault weapons, scopes, and vehicles. Did like having both mortars and explosives as recon.
post #6037 of 7586 Old 02-03-2011, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I'll play either. I haven't spent much time in Vietnam. I was going to hop on last night, but saw that 8 of you guys were playing, which meant I'd be playing by myself. Pass.
post #6038 of 7586 Old 02-04-2011, 06:45 AM

Liked: 13
Good games last night with Zath, exojam, razor, duke and baron. We had a couple or close losses but nothing that had me throwing my controller.

Saw the news for BF3 and it sounds really good, but I also saw the message from Dice saying they are pretty much done with BC2 other than maintenance. Guess this means that there will be no anniversary surprises coming up and we will have to suffer through until this fall and see how BF3 plays out.

Here is the message from Dice:

Quote:

There comes a time when we as a studio have to choose where to best put our efforts. At DICE we're dedicated to taking care of our products after launch, and also hell bent on building new, innovative and high quality games.

In my day to day work, I look at our release schedule and the studio's capacity, weighing them against our wild ambitions to create awesomeness. I often need to make hard calls regarding where we put the studio's focus. Part of the challenge is to balance work on the new against the already shipped, prioritizing the amount of energy spent on the known franchises and the time spent on developing something entirely new.

This is one of those cross roads where I need to make a hard decision. While we'll continue supporting Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and previous games, it's time to look ahead to the next giant leap for DICE - the release of Battlefield 3, powered by the mighty Frostbite 2 engine. Our goal is crystal clear: we're going to build the best Battlefield game ever, and we'll do whatever it takes to make this the biggest launch in DICE's history.

We know some of you eagerly have been awaiting Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Onslaught on PC. I'm sad to say that these two titles are now officially cancelled. Instead, our talented teams will focus on delivering the greatest possible gaming experience in our next behemoth release. We're confident this will lead to an even better experience in Battlefield 3, not only on PC, but on all platforms.

For an idea of what that means, watch this space for some exciting news I think you'll like.

Best regards,
Karl Magnus Troedsson
General Manager, DICE

XBL: bigorangeking

Elite Club of Awesomeness Member

post #6039 of 7586 Old 02-04-2011, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

That's too bad. 1943 would've been awesome on PC. Could care less about onslaught though.

After their handling of BC2, I highly doubt I'll be picking up BF3 on release.

In other news, last night's games were great. I got to rank 49! Only 300,000 more points to go. That's 150 more games to play (assuming around 2k points per game).
post #6040 of 7586 Old 02-04-2011, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

After their handling of BC2, I highly doubt I'll be picking up BF3 on release.

Am I missing something? How did they handle BC2 that wasn't up to snuff?

Here to help and learn. Thanks AVS.
XBL: HoosierInOhio

post #6041 of 7586 Old 02-04-2011, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobieck1 View Post

Am I missing something? How did they handle BC2 that wasn't up to snuff?

3 months of ridiculous lag. We're coming up on the one year anniversary of rubber bands replacing weapons.
post #6042 of 7586 Old 02-04-2011, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

3 months of ridiculous lag. We're coming up on the one year anniversary of rubber bands replacing weapons.

I missed the lag fest. I played the first month, then took a break until probably July. When I got back there wasn't any lag. I've had a game here or there but never anything substantial.

I have no problem with balanced weapons. If one has a statistical advantage over another, over time, everyone would be using it. It shouldn't be that way. I'm sure the M60 was everyone's favorite gun, many because of that fact, but if its unfair, it should be nerfed....IMO that is.

post #6043 of 7586 Old 02-04-2011, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I'll buy it day one. I enjoyed BC2 and then took a break when the lag started and came back after they figured it out. Hopefully, they learned from their mistakes...

Salminella Now Better with Kinect: 360 PSN

Official member and mascot of the AVS' Xbox 360 Elite Club of Awesomeness
post #6044 of 7586 Old 02-04-2011, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Come on Zath, now I know you're just making excuses... just face it, Battlefield 3 will be another game that you break your "I will not buy a game at full retail price" rule

XBL : lowgn
post #6045 of 7586 Old 02-04-2011, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I missed the lag fest. I played the first month, then took a break until probably July. When I got back there wasn't any lag. I've had a game here or there but never anything substantial.

I have no problem with balanced weapons. If one has a statistical advantage over another, over time, everyone would be using it. It shouldn't be that way. I'm sure the M60 was everyone's favorite gun, many because of that fact, but if its unfair, it should be nerfed....IMO that is.

whoa - you're reading too much into the rubber band comment. Weapons were/are fine. I do have a problem with firing an RPG, hearing the noise, only to find out that it miraculously found its way back into my tube (and therefore never fired). It's like playing with ball-in-a-cups. Once the lag was done, all was good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_j View Post

Come on Zath, now I know you're just making excuses... just face it, Battlefield 3 will be another game that you break your "I will not buy a game at full retail price" rule

LOL. This generation, I've paid full price for two games - Valkyria Chronicles and Bad Company 2. I've spent 430 hours in BC2, and probably 300 in VC. For "network download" full price - Battlefield 1943, Castle Crashers, Magic the Gathering, and Vietnam. Everything else has been purchased once on sale/clearance. I still have a backlog of $10 games from Best Buy's epic sale two years ago!
post #6046 of 7586 Old 02-04-2011, 08:28 AM
Advanced Member

Will be a day one purchase for me as well, played all the way from the demo through the launch and months past that. Don't remember lag being rampant past anything other than some lobbies laggy sometimes.

Xbox Gamertag: matteoms

Official Member of the Joy Puke Your Face Off Club.
post #6047 of 7586 Old 02-04-2011, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

whoa - you're reading too much into the rubber band comment. Weapons were/are fine. I do have a problem with firing an RPG, hearing the noise, only to find out that it miraculously found its way back into my tube (and therefore never fired). It's like playing with ball-in-a-cups. Once the lag was done, all was good.

My bad, I thought thats what you meant about the weapons.

post #6048 of 7586 Old 02-04-2011, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
OK, Let's start laying down bets on if we will see Zath online the first day of release.

James
post #6049 of 7586 Old 02-04-2011, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

haha maybe if there's airplanes
post #6050 of 7586 Old 02-04-2011, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

haha maybe if there's airplanes

Looks like an F-15 on the teaser trailer

post #6051 of 7586 Old 02-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

day 1 buy for me i would buy it today if i could.i just hit 1000 hours play time on bc2 and 40,000 kills not bad for a medic.
post #6052 of 7586 Old 02-04-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:

I do have a problem with firing an RPG, hearing the noise, only to find out that it miraculously found its way back into my tube (and therefore never fired). It's like playing with ball-in-a-cups. Once the lag was done, all was good.

i feel strangely obligated to comment any and every time someone mentions this... i think it has become my number one pet peeve regarding the game. simply infuriates me.

whats worse is that i can't count the number of times i've been tank-gunning and i see an enemy engi preparing to fire a rocket. i staple his ass mercilessly and finally he dies... AND THEN THE ****IN' ROCKET HITS MY TANK.

what. the. hell?!

a similar whiny gripe-- when i'm shooting at a tank, it takes anywhere between 8 and 32 RPG rounds to disable it... when i'm *in* the tank, only 2 RPG rounds are required. strange, since i run VArmour constantly...

post #6053 of 7586 Old 02-04-2011, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISMO1 View Post

day 1 buy for me i would buy it today if i could.i just hit 1000 hours play time on bc2 and 40,000 kills not bad for a medic.

very nice sir..

Yep a day 1 for me.. Had BC2 day one, myself and a few other people around me never had any of the lag issues.. Got DC'd out of a match maybe once or twice that entire time a couple of people on here were complaining about it. They ironed out any issues I had litteraly months faster than that other company that puts out that COD game.
post #6054 of 7586 Old 02-04-2011, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 49
Hi...

I just sent out a bunch of friend requests. I hope to see some of you guys in the game.

Axx

XBL GT: xX ShadowAxx Xx 

PSN ID: Bytehoven

Battle Log: Bytehoven  

post #6055 of 7586 Old 02-04-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post

Hi...

I just sent out a bunch of friend requests. I hope to see some of you guys in the game.

Axx

let's just get this out of the way now, mate-- do you play hardcore? please forgive me if you've already mentioned these things, but what game modes do you prefer?

my friends list is full, so when i get home i'll make some room and send you an invite.

post #6056 of 7586 Old 02-04-2011, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 81
Not only firing rockets twice because of lag, but also multiple reload of weapons.
post #6057 of 7586 Old 02-04-2011, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

Not only firing rockets twice because of lag, but also multiple reload of weapons.

I can't say I've ever had this happen. My biggest issue was getting dashboarded for about 4 weeks on MOH then BC2, but I did the static IP and port stuff and haven't had any problems since. That was like in October/November I think

post #6058 of 7586 Old 02-04-2011, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Quote:

I can't say I've ever had this happen. My biggest issue was getting dashboarded for about 4 weeks on MOH then BC2, but I did the static IP and port stuff and haven't had any problems since. That was like in October/November I think

I hate being sent to the dashboard. It's like being sent home when your on a field trip.
post #6059 of 7586 Old 02-04-2011, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

I hate being sent to the dashboard. It's like being sent home when your on a field trip.

Except the party is still active on my headset so I can hear everyone else having fun still...and Link

post #6060 of 7586 Old 02-04-2011, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by dae giovanni View Post
let's just get this out of the way now, mate-- do you play hardcore? please forgive me if you've already mentioned these things, but what game modes do you prefer?

my friends list is full, so when i get home i'll make some room and send you an invite.
I play HC but I don't really like it. I joined up with Gismo this afternoon and he was playing HC. We had mixed results. IN HC I find going for objectives, which is what I like to do, can be easier in HC because so many people like to run ReCon and snipe. The objectives are sometimes wide open.

I like RUSH and Squad RUSH the best, Conquest is OK. DM and Squad DM have never been my best modes. I only played Onslaught long enough to get the the achievements but I like helping others so I do play it once in awhile. Onslaught Atacama is also a great way to practice attack helo skills once you take out the VADS.

I'm a tank and UAV whore. Running UAV with optics on any map with heavy vehicles or spawning helos can be an effective choice. Tanks, I say if you don't use them you're leaving them open for the enemy to steal and use. Never bail and leave a tank to be stolen. The tank driver must die with the tank.

I usually play the following kits:

Engineer + G3 + darts + CG (sometimes RPG) + Extra Rockets + Extra Damage + Optics (sometimes power head)
Smoke Assault + X8M + darts + SMK + extra Grenades + Mag Ammo + armor
Spammin Assault + X8M + dartrs + GNL + extra grenades + extra damage + armor
C4 Assault + G3 + darts + extra C4 + extra damage + armor

Only time I play ReCon is when it's my turn for sensor ball duty to camp/defend an MCom like.

I almost always load the dart gun to aid in targeting tanks and helos. If BC2 weapons load out was a little better designed such that each slot could be completely different across the weapons and perks, I might switch things up a little more, but all to often I'm wishing I had a dart gun before I need a side arm.

Anyway... I'm not the best player when it comes to K/D or SPM, but my W/L is over 2.0, and I will try to arm/disarm the objective.

I will look for you guys when I'm not playing with my buddies.

Axx

BTW... do you guys use XBOX party chat or in game chat? I noticed when playing Gismo, there wasn't much communication. I'm used to loading up the XBOX chat and using communications as much as possible.

XBL GT: xX ShadowAxx Xx 

PSN ID: Bytehoven

Battle Log: Bytehoven  

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page