Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 7586 Old 01-22-2010, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've never really played the first one but for some reason I'm looking forward to the second one.

If I really like COD4 and MW2, am I the target audience for the game? Or is it pretty different in a way that is generally unappealing to people who praise the COD games? More similar to warhawk (for those of you who have played both)?

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch
PS3/PSN: pj_rage
360/Live: pjrage82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan
Dude please, your list of toys is so long its like Santa is your dad lol.
post #63 of 7586 Old 01-22-2010, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I'd say Warhawk is a completely different animal.

I would say if you really like to play MW/2 as a team based game, then you should love it. K/D ratio is buried in the stats. It's all about points from capping and holding flags, healing or providing ammo to teammates, repairing vehicles, etc. The first one only had 2 game modes (only 1 when it launched), so that seemed to be a gripe for most. It launched with a demolition type mode where you would set off explosives to move to the next part of the map, and later added a domination mode.

I think the main complaint of the first is that the controls are slightly different in that it takes a little time shaking the twitchiness of MW/2 into something that has a little more weight to it. Have you played BF:1943? If you have, they are very similar, although the 1943 controls are a little dumbed down. It's very easy to pick up, you just need to put a few hours into it to start being successful (I think a lot of people forget how many times they died when they first started playing MW).

I think the best part of this game is the availability of classes - medics, engineers, snipers, etc., with a good balance being key to successfully winning a game. The maps are huge, so vehicles are a necessity, and they fit in nicely. There are APC's, Humvee's, quads, helicopters, stationary turrets, UAV's, etc. There are different loadouts you create for the classes, so it's similar to MW in that area as well. I'd say the biggest thing that MW2 has that BFBC games don't are the killstreaks.

I played the BFBC2 beta on PS3 and it was a blast, and a lot more polished then the first. Not to mention that this game is going to have a 4 vs 4 vs 4 vs 4 squad battle game type. Sounds like a lot of fun to be had there.

I think a demo is being released the first week of February - hopefully it's a multiplayer demo so you can try it out.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #64 of 7586 Old 01-22-2010, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Ballen420, your post sold me. I've been doing the CoD thing for too long now. I'm tired of kill streaks and K/D ratios being everyone's primary concern. Additionally, CoD's popularity has made it a breeding ground for punks. This game sounds like the change I've been looking for.
post #65 of 7586 Old 01-22-2010, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vedder View Post

Ballen420, your post sold me. I've been doing the CoD thing for too long now. I'm tired of kill streaks and K/D ratios being everyone's primary concern. Additionally, CoD's popularity has made it a breeding ground for punks. This game sounds like the change I've been looking for.

x2.

I already have BC2 pre-ordered. I like the first one and this just looks awesome.

Salminella has become legend (or something like that): PSN
post #66 of 7586 Old 01-23-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr39 View Post

x2.

I already have BC2 pre-ordered. I like the first one and this just looks awesome.

Same here. I was sold after playing the PS3 beta. I can't wait till the PC beta next week. Curious to see how that long change list was implemented and will effect gameplay.
post #67 of 7586 Old 01-23-2010, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Sounds like fun. I've actually never played any of the BF series before.

You say the maps are big and that vehicles are necessary... is the action as constant as COD normally is? One of my major complaints with warhawk was how big the maps are and how slow it could be. Sometimes you kept spawning near intense battles, but sometimes it would be spawn, get in a vehicle, take a bit to get to some action, die, repeat. Too much down time. I mean, i don't even need intense battles, I just don't want to go for more than 30 seconds without at least seeing an enemy.

At any rate, I'm sort of excited to try something new. Hopefully they do have a MP demo for it.

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch
PS3/PSN: pj_rage
360/Live: pjrage82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan
Dude please, your list of toys is so long its like Santa is your dad lol.
post #68 of 7586 Old 01-24-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_Rage View Post

Sounds like fun. I've actually never played any of the BF series before.

You say the maps are big and that vehicles are necessary... is the action as constant as COD normally is? One of my major complaints with warhawk was how big the maps are and how slow it could be. Sometimes you kept spawning near intense battles, but sometimes it would be spawn, get in a vehicle, take a bit to get to some action, die, repeat. Too much down time. I mean, i don't even need intense battles, I just don't want to go for more than 30 seconds without at least seeing an enemy.

At any rate, I'm sort of excited to try something new. Hopefully they do have a MP demo for it.

The maps are large however they are split into different areas. Each area opens up after the crates are destroyed (for the rush game mode). So getting to at least see enemies does not take very long. The two new squad based modes, you should see enemies almost immediately after spawning in.
Oh, the XBOX 360 demo should be out 2/4
post #69 of 7586 Old 01-25-2010, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobieck1 View Post

nice NEW trailer

Single player looks good

XBL : lowgn
post #70 of 7586 Old 01-26-2010, 10:06 AM

Ok I need March to come now. I think MW2 is a good game but BC2 looks like a great game! Im hoping they do release a demo soon of it though on xbox.
post #71 of 7586 Old 01-26-2010, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Demo is due first week of Feb. Hopefully it's a multi-player demo.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #72 of 7586 Old 01-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Advanced Member

Besides the BF:BC demo, BF43 was really my first experience with the series and I had a ton of fun with it. I'm ready to make the switch from MW2 when this one comes out.

X360 games up for trade/$: GTA4, Top Spin 3, Jericho, Dark Sector, RB6: Vegas, Burnout Revenge, Gears of War -- PM me!
post #73 of 7586 Old 01-26-2010, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
win win win is I can think of saying after that trailer
post #74 of 7586 Old 01-26-2010, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't know- please correct me if I'm wrong, but I gather it is class based combat? So you have to pick a particular class (like soldier or medic) and have different roles in order to play? If this was like COD when you can just have friends on a team jump in and do DM I can see the appeal, but if it is strictly class based I don't see my friends playing this. We're a bunch of older casual gamers who just likes to connect and play TDM without worrying who is doing what in great detail. It looks great though.

NE Ohio HT Nutt
post #75 of 7586 Old 01-26-2010, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKoprowski View Post

I don't know- please correct me if I'm wrong, but I gather it is class based combat? So you have to pick a particular class (like soldier or medic) and have different roles in order to play? If this was like COD when you can just have friends on a team jump in and do DM I can see the appeal, but if it is strictly class based I don't see my friends playing this. We're a bunch of older casual gamers who just likes to connect and play TDM without worrying who is doing what in great detail. It looks great though.

I think you can choose whatever you want, however, if your team has no medic, you will be dying a lot as he has the health packs. If your team is all snipers, capturing objectives may be difficult , as you won't be able to really utilize blowing up the environment or any CQB like a demo or assault class could.

Here to help and learn. Thanks AVS.
XBL: HoosierInOhio

post #76 of 7586 Old 01-26-2010, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't think they've officially released the modes that are going to be available, but there will definitely be a domination and demolition type mode in the game. I'm a huge fan of objective games, but one of the biggest draws for me in this game is going to be the 4 vs 4 vs 4 vs 4. I'm fairly certain this will be featured in a deathmatch and demolition type mode, which leads me to believe there will be a normal 8 on 8 deathmatch too.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #77 of 7586 Old 01-26-2010, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

I don't think they've officially released the modes that are going to be available, but there will definitely be a domination and demolition type mode in the game. I'm a huge fan of objective games, but one of the biggest draws for me in this game is going to be the 4 vs 4 vs 4 vs 4. I'm fairly certain this will be featured in a deathmatch and demolition type mode, which leads me to believe there will be a normal 8 on 8 deathmatch too.

Agree, that 4 x 4 setup sounds like loads of fun. Almost like a Team FFA!

post #78 of 7586 Old 01-26-2010, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 140
I gotta check out the trailer when I get home. I'm seriously thinking about hopping on this train....

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
post #79 of 7586 Old 01-26-2010, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_5 View Post

I gotta check out the trailer when I get home. I'm seriously thinking about hopping on this train....

There is supposed to be an MP Demo out next week? You can give it a test drive. I am getting it for sure. BF1943 was fun, and I just wanna try a new shooter I think.

post #80 of 7586 Old 01-27-2010, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr39 View Post

x2.

x3
post #81 of 7586 Old 01-27-2010, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobieck1 View Post

I think you can choose whatever you want, however, if your team has no medic, you will be dying a lot as he has the health packs. If your team is all snipers, capturing objectives may be difficult , as you won't be able to really utilize blowing up the environment or any CQB like a demo or assault class could.

Dont forget the medic can revive teamates too!
post #82 of 7586 Old 01-27-2010, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
The battlefield series has owned the fps genre on pc for years. It wasnt until they started making console games that some dropoff was starting to rise to the surface. Modern combat was the best bf console game released to this day. The bad company series was not a good effort the first time around. The gameplay was all battlefield but the lack of midrange weapons really hindered the gunplay. The only scoped guns were the sniper rifles. Dice looks like they are coming back to full form with the second bad company game. They know good an well who the competition is so the motivation to bring the greatness of the pc games to the consoles is key. And its pretty relevant in the videos on the web. In my honest opinion, dice gets back the crown with this one and all the little bastards who live and die by modern warfare can have it for all i care. That game reminds me of halo in more ways than id like to mention. Bc2 will be a real fps. And for anyone who has never touched a game in the bf series, you will wonder why you havent all along come march.
post #83 of 7586 Old 01-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

Demo is due first week of Feb. Hopefully it's a multi-player demo.

I think the BFBC demo was both sp & mp. I know I played Oasis for a month before the final game came out.

psn: markcusd
X1: MarkcusD
post #84 of 7586 Old 01-28-2010, 04:14 AM

Liked: 93
Via my Twitter feed:
"OfficialBFBC2
Surprise Reveal: Xbox 360 Battlefield Bad Company 2 MP Demo is live on Xbox Marketplace! Go get it!!!!!!!"

I guess I'll have to stop playing Mass Effect for a second and check this out!
post #85 of 7586 Old 01-28-2010, 04:26 AM

post #86 of 7586 Old 01-28-2010, 05:30 AM

Oh yeah! That is some extremely good multi. Squads are great, and medics are fun. It's pretty damn good looking, the audio is superb, and it runs smooth, smooth, smooth.

Thumbs up!
post #87 of 7586 Old 01-28-2010, 07:48 AM

Just played a few rounds and WOW. DICE improved on every aspect from the PS3 Beta. The balancing definitely seems to be improved especially the tanks. You also can not spam spotting which makes you focus on your target. Now just awaiting 12pm for the PC Beta to unlock.
post #88 of 7586 Old 01-28-2010, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Well that was unexpected. Demo already? Gonna be a long day at work.
post #89 of 7586 Old 01-28-2010, 08:57 AM

DAMN i did not know there was a 360 demo - I already sent to queue...can't wait to get home now!

Sharp AQUOS 46" LED (LC46LE700)
Pioneer VSX-9130 TXH-K
Paradigm Cinema Phantom
Xbox 360 Elite (GT: Redfox29311)
LG BD270 Bluray
All the Monoprice wires you can find
post #90 of 7586 Old 01-28-2010, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Can't wait to get my new Elite hooked up tonight and try this out!

PSN: DaveS78
Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page