post #181 of 7586 Old 02-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr39 View Post

I also happen to be the worlds worst helicopter pilot.

I am in that club as well. I did manage to get one up in the air and fly it around a good bit. I didn't hit a single thing with the guns or rockets but maybe it looked dangerous to the other team. After a couple minutes I crash landed into the ocean, where I survived and tried to swim back to shore......I drowned.

XBL: DallasAch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 7586 Old 02-01-2010, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
You guys know you can switch the flight controls from inverted to normal? I keep them as inverted, but only because the demo doesn't save changes.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #183 of 7586 Old 02-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Bass Enabler

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 630
I never get a chance to get the helicopter.... everyone else grabs it before I can even get close. If it handles anything like it does in the first BC game then I would be with you on the 'worlds worst helicopter pilot'. Now, if it handles anything like a real helicopter flies then....whoa....better watch out.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

post #184 of 7586 Old 02-01-2010, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikazaru View Post

That's actually an extremely good idea. You should make the suggestion on their official forums or Twitter page.

I don't even have a clue as to how to Twitter, and I don't plan on learning; I'm so old and cranky, I even deleted my FaceBook account because I found it annoying. That is how I know I am old (41+), heck I rarely ever turn on my personal cell-phone...ever! But I'll let you send them the idea, and you can even take full credit for it!

I've got some stuff.
post #185 of 7586 Old 02-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

I also happen to be the worlds worst helicopter pilot.

I'm definitely in contention for that title.

Xbox Gamertag: matteoms

Official Member of the Joy Puke Your Face Off Club.
post #186 of 7586 Old 02-01-2010, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj_rage View Post

tried this game for a couple hours tonight. In one word - meh.

My first impressions are that it seems like the kind of game that will take a lot of time and effort to really "get". That is, fully understanding all the maps, vehicles, weapons, strategies, etc. It also seems like the kind of game that would be incredibly fun with a squad of your buddies or even a whole team of squads of your buddies, but the kind of game that sucks to play by yourself with a squad of random scrubs.

For full disclosure, i'm a big fan of mw2. I loved cod4, and i like mw2 just as much. I'm not from the camp of people who think iw f'd up mw2. In other words, i'm not desperate for a new game, but i'm also definitely not opposed to finding one to complement mw2.

Anyway, just a few more notes from the game.

-the whole game has a warhawk-like feel to me. This isn't a good or bad thing, just an observation.
-the weapons feel like crap. I don't feel like i'm firing an assault rifle when i'm using one. The sound, weight, recoil, everything just feels off compared to other games that have done a better job, ie cod. They also feel like they do no damage. It feels like weapons are a complete afterthought in the game. A lot like warhawk. You empty an entire clip at someone to kill them, maybe. Maybe i just suck, but it was taking a while to kill people even if i got the jump on em, and i'm usually not bad at first person shooters. And i never "felt" the bullets hitting the enemy or whatever. It's hard to describe, but i get more satisfaction from kills and each bullet hit in cod, and even other games like halo. In bfbc2 it's hard to even tell if you've killed them at all, let alone give you any satisfaction from it.
-the game is much slower paced than i'm used to, having played a lot of cod lately. Going to it felt slower, and going back to mw2 felt so much faster paced. I think the biggest factors are the size of the maps, and the slower default sensitivity though.

Overall, i really wanted to like this game, but i'm a little underwhelmed. Like i said, i think this game could be ridiculously fun (more so than mw2) if you get a full squad of your buddies, but otherwise, just not worth playing. For whatever reason, for me, the whole feel and immersion just isn't there. I really wanted to be immersed into a battlefield of a game and see buildings exploding everywhere and have fast paced chaos, but this isn't really what i've found, at least with the demo.

like the other guy said, mw2 is overaccurate in the weapons and aiming. You ever notice how there is not wobbliness in the aiming with any guns in mw besides the sniper rifles? That crap just doesnt happen in real life. And the bullet paths on heavy spray are still to accurate because of this. Bfbc2 takes a more realistic approach to aiming and hit detection. Alot of the times people complain about people that should have went down when they didnt. Thats just flat out lag and the demo is full of it. It is a drastic change of pace switching between the two if thats what your doing and that alone may have the biggest impact on your decision of the game itself. Its apples and oranges. Ive had my fun with mw2 and its off to the shelf. I havent had the urge to touch it again since the demo came out. Ive been having alot of problems with the demo in terms of lag but its really good when the lag is slight or not noticable at all. I can really see myself enjoying it when i dont have to play the same friggin map over and over again, lol, and the full upgrades are available. If dice and ea can put together some great servers day one they will have a real contender on their hands. Somehow i see them screwing it up though with the servers. I mean what they have out for the demo is purely dog crap.
post #187 of 7586 Old 02-01-2010, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

There is a computer on a desk right behind the first tank you see when you parachute in. Not sure if there is another one.

Sweet, thank you!

-JR
post #188 of 7586 Old 02-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Advanced Member

played the demo for the first time and i hope it is more polished than the demo. But i will say it looks fun. i wish they wouls increase the players online to 20 vs 20. the map is huge. It is what I thought MW2 would be. We will see in March

Xbox live- SER 182
Mix Cloud
http://www.mixcloud.com/Ser182/
post #189 of 7586 Old 02-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Advanced Member

Playing with like 6 guys from the forum here all working together on the same team was the most fun I've had since playing it. Ready for the full game now, lol.

Xbox Gamertag: matteoms

Official Member of the Joy Puke Your Face Off Club.
post #190 of 7586 Old 02-02-2010, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatteoMS View Post

Playing with like 6 guys from the forum here all working together on the same team was the most fun I've had since playing it. Ready for the full game now, lol.

yeah, we were rolling. When we get more than four, we need to coordinate that Party chat a little better.

Here to help and learn. Thanks AVS.
XBL: HoosierInOhio

post #191 of 7586 Old 02-02-2010, 08:13 AM

Those complaining about accuracy and bullet hits should try bursting rounds instead on emptying their clip. Much more effective (as it should be) in all classes. I'm a PS3'r but read 'your' thread to get a feel as to how it was going. I noticed no one mentioned killing with the medic paddles or taking apart an enemy talk with your wrench as an engineer. Very satisfying... give it a whirl. Sucks I have to wait for the PS demo : (

PSN: Reefbone
post #192 of 7586 Old 02-02-2010, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Burst shooting is key - especially with the LMG's. I get people from halfway across the map by burst firing.

I tried killing someone with the paddles last night, but whiffed. His buddy blasted me with the shotgun. On another note, I did manage to die by power wrench. I'm not sure how it happened, but next thing I knew I was dead and the indicator said it was by the wrench - and he one of my friends too.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #193 of 7586 Old 02-02-2010, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefbone View Post

Those complaining about accuracy and bullet hits should try bursting rounds instead on emptying their clip. Much more effective (as it should be) in all classes. I'm a PS3'r but read 'your' thread to get a feel as to how it was going. I noticed no one mentioned killing with the medic paddles or taking apart an enemy talk with your wrench as an engineer. Very satisfying... give it a whirl. Sucks I have to wait for the PS demo : (

I really haven't had any problems with guns being inaccurate. You do have to burst fire, and try and be stationary. If you are moving, trying to hit someone else moving...well, you should be inaccurate.

I tell you, this game is so much fun with a good squad. I can see if you play solo lone wolf, it probably wouldn't be much fun. Also if you you are really into just getting kills, not much fun. If you like to try and win, and help each other out getting objectives, its wicked fun.

At one point last night, me and infrasonic were in a tank, just sitting back off the objectives, absolutely mowing people down in a support role. He was on the heavy cannon, I was on the light one, just took out dudes, tanks, and helis, while our other guys capped the 2 points. Awesome.

post #194 of 7586 Old 02-02-2010, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Is there a regular time where AVS folks get together and play? I'd love to get a few rounds with a full squad!

I'm on Battlefield AVS list, or just send me an invite (gamertag: lowgn) !!

XBL : lowgn
post #195 of 7586 Old 02-02-2010, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm on at random times after 6 pm EST. I'm on that BF list, feel free to invite or join my game if you see me on.

My only warning is I have somewhat of a potty mouth.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #196 of 7586 Old 02-02-2010, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_j View Post

Is there a regular time where AVS folks get together and play? I'd love to get a few rounds with a full squad!

I'm on Battlefield AVS list, or just send me an invite (gamertag: lowgn) !!

We just started all hooking up playing the demo for BFBC2. Send me an invite. I'm Eastern so usually 9 or so till 11 or 12. Later on the wknds (and usually boozed up to on weekends)

post #197 of 7586 Old 02-02-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobieck1 View Post

I really haven't had any problems with guns being inaccurate. You do have to burst fire, and try and be stationary. If you are moving, trying to hit someone else moving...well, you should be inaccurate.

I tell you, this game is so much fun with a good squad. I can see if you play solo lone wolf, it probably wouldn't be much fun. Also if you you are really into just getting kills, not much fun. If you like to try and win, and help each other out getting objectives, its wicked fun.

At one point last night, me and infrasonic were in a tank, just sitting back off the objectives, absolutely mowing people down in a support role. He was on the heavy cannon, I was on the light one, just took out dudes, tanks, and helis, while our other guys capped the 2 points. Awesome.

Obviously you get the whole point The game is much more fun when playing with friends or a good squad. You can get all the kills you want (even take a picture to show your friends). It doesn't equate to a win.
If you are the Attackers and don't have good medics to revive for example, your tickets will dwindle very fast.
post #198 of 7586 Old 02-02-2010, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

I think that's what makes this type of game so great. You don't have to be great at FPS's to enjoy this game - I have just as much fun handing out meds, fixing tanks, or even spotting people with a sniper rifle as I do killing people.

It's a good feeling when you're a medic and your progressing through the map with a squad. Sit behind the engineers as they try to take out tanks, keep them drugged up, and revive them if necessary.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #199 of 7586 Old 02-02-2010, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:

I had two very distinct playing experiences yesterday. The first was at about 6 where I was playing alone in a squad that didn't help each other out and we lost just about every match. It was frustrating and not enjoyable.

The 2nd was around 10 and I logged in to play with the guys from AVS. We played as a team, supported each other, did really well, and it was a blast!

I haven't had problems picking people off from a distance. I was able to take down several people last night with the XC8(?) from what I figure to be about 200-250 yards. I find that gun to be the better assault rifle. I also like the SAW over the RPD due to recoil and the SCAR for the Engineer class. So, I guess I'm saying that I don't find the guns to be inaccurate, rather the game is far more unforgiving to wild firing or lots of movement.

Quote:

We just started all hooking up playing the demo for BFBC2. Send me an invite. I'm Eastern so usually 9 or so till 11 or 12. Later on the wknds (and usually boozed up to on weekends)

Same here. Especially the part about the weekends.

Salminella Now Better with Kinect: 360 PSN

Official member and mascot of the AVS' Xbox 360 Elite Club of Awesomeness
post #200 of 7586 Old 02-02-2010, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

I think that's what makes this type of game so great. You don't have to be great at FPS's to enjoy this game - I have just as much fun handing out meds, fixing tanks, or even spotting people with a sniper rifle as I do killing people.

It's a good feeling when you're a medic and your progressing through the map with a squad. Sit behind the engineers as they try to take out tanks, keep them drugged up, and revive them if necessary.

I'm a tagging fool. I love getting the xtra points for tagging plus, just helping the team out so they can see everyone.

post #201 of 7586 Old 02-02-2010, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Infrasonic and I did that last night. He healed me up a few times and I was able to take out a tank. It was awesome!

post #202 of 7586 Old 02-02-2010, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Infrasonic and I did that last night. He healed me up a few times and I was able to take out a tank. It was awesome!

Dude, he was my primary care physician last night! I would get too excited and try to get some dog tags and miss with the knife and get shot. He would clean up the mess, then shock me back! Awesome

post #203 of 7586 Old 02-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Bass Enabler

Yeah, definitely gotta set up a party next time and go from there....

Last night was crazy!!! Really enjoy playing as a medic. I was getting crazy revives all over the place. Lettin' loose with the tank was epic. All sorts of cool moments. Can't wait for the full game to come out.

Does anyone know if the stats carry over to the full game? ....cause I have a really nice set of stats.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

post #204 of 7586 Old 02-02-2010, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

I definitely agree that this game could be one of the most fun multiplayer games ever if you play with your buddies. If you can fill a squad with your friends, or better yet the entire team, it must be incredibly fun. The game promotes such teamwork that it's hard to enjoy it when your team either doesn't know what they're doing, wants to do their own thing, doesn't have a mic, or otherwise won't work together. Being a lone wolf and trying to coordinate a bunch of random people in your squad who either can't hear you or won't listen isn't much fun.

It's different than COD4/MW2 in that way. In the CODs, a single player can basically win the game for their team, and teamwork really isn't really essential for most of the modes. It's definitely fun to play with your friends, but playing with friends is not a game-changer as it is for BFBC2. At least, IMHO.

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch
PS3/PSN: pj_rage
360/Live: pjrage82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan
Dude please, your list of toys is so long its like Santa is your dad lol.
post #205 of 7586 Old 02-02-2010, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, definitely gotta set up a party next time and go from there....

Last night was crazy!!! Really enjoy playing as a medic. I was getting crazy revives all over the place. Lettin' loose with the tank was epic. All sorts of cool moments. Can't wait for the full game to come out.

Does anyone know if the stats carry over to the full game? ....cause I have a really nice set of stats.

I think you lead every game in points last night with all of the reviving you did!

I'm not sure how they would handle the stats carrying over to the full game. I think I have 140,000 on my way to 4 billion or whatever is needed to get to level 3 and if that were to go to the regular game, it would advance me to other levels pretty fast. My guess is, they will reset the stats. Kinda funny though. I'm a 1.2 k/d ratio in COD and I looked last night and sure enough 1.2 in BF too...

post #206 of 7586 Old 02-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Bass Enabler

Hehehehe, I know! It was crazy with all the reviving I was doing. Got TONS of pins and I know I got about 5 or 6 of those 'Ace' pins for being the top scoring player. Didn't feel like I did as much as everyone else did cause I know so many of you were capping and defending but it must have been those revives.

Lolz...even had a good knive streak after some of you left last night. Got eight knife kills in one round. Hehehe then there was this time when I was revived about 10 to 12 guys in about a minute. It was at the first set of m-com stations between the construction site and that three story house behind station A. At one point I was out there and like two or three guys died. Revived them then more in that area died. Zapped them. Then the other guys died....kept on zappin' like crazy. After that moment I got a slew of pins. It was hilarious. I should just run around with them defibs' out all the time.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

post #207 of 7586 Old 02-02-2010, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

I guess next time I see you guys playing I'll try to join. I tried a few games of the demo on my own and was really not impressed. Between the slow speed and the general chaos I couldn't get into it. It sounds like playing with a group of people who communicate makes it actually enjoyable, which would be neat.

Since you guys have figured it out, how do you select the heavy gun on the tanks? I got in a couple and kept hitting 'Y' to change positions and only ever got to what appeared to be some sort of machine gun that fired in bursts.
post #208 of 7586 Old 02-02-2010, 10:10 AM
Bass Enabler

That doesn't sound you were in the tank but some other armored vehicle. There are at least three or four. In the 'main' tank the big cannon is fired by the driver and the co-pilot uses a mounted .50 cal turret.

Lolz! That gets me thinking about the middle section where I plowed through this whole building with the tank. Damn near killed a dozen people.

Anybody other than me get killed by having a building collapse on them yet? I know I did. In that same some, station A in the middle of the map. Got squished by the roof falling on me! "Omg...uuugghh! I died.... Oh....s**t. I was killed by 'Destruction 2.0' lollollollol."

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

post #209 of 7586 Old 02-02-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:

That doesn't sound you were in the tank but some other armored vehicle. There are at least three or four. In the 'main' tank the big cannon is fired by the driver and the co-pilot uses a mounted .50 cal turret.

Lolz! That gets me thinking about the middle section where I plowed through this whole building with the tank. Damn near killed a dozen people.

Anybody other than me get killed by having a building collapse on them yet? I know I did. In that same some, station A in the middle of the map. Got squished by the roof falling on me! "Omg...uuugghh! I died.... Oh....s**t. I was killed by 'Destruction 2.0' lollollollol."

Had that happen once thus far after I got out of the building but was still too close. Thought I got lucky but nope. The sound of the building crashing down was pretty sweet.
post #210 of 7586 Old 02-02-2010, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ah, OK, thanks for that description. I think I understand the angle they are trying to hit with this game. In this case I will definitely give the full game a try. I am so bored with COD and the run-gunning and campfest galore anyhow.

This all being said, how well does everyone think the matchmaking will work? Trying to get together with a sqaud can be tricky for me.

I've got some stuff.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page