Forum Jump: 

post #1171 of 1200 Old 04-17-2010, 11:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

I think you can turn it off to increase difficulty, which also increases your cash awards.

Rewind isn't one of the "assists" so you can't turn it off, nor does it affect how many credits you earn. It kind of lends a more "arcade" feel to the game instead of "sim" which is what I thought it was supposed to be.

Also, I notice points for drifts. What are these points used for? The "manual" is a bit sparse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 1200 Old 04-19-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post

Rewind isn't one of the "assists" so you can't turn it off, nor does it affect how many credits you earn. It kind of lends a more "arcade" feel to the game instead of "sim" which is what I thought it was supposed to be.

Also, I notice points for drifts. What are these points used for? The "manual" is a bit sparse.

Rewind is there all the time, but you don't have to use it. It's provided to help make the game more accessible to those who aren't into hardcore sim racing as others. It's also nice for the times you've spent 20 minutes on some of the longer races only to bury the front of the car into a barrier on the last lap. With this you don't have to race the whole thing over again.

In addition the rewind doesn't apply to multiplayer races and if you do use the rewind feature or go off the track for that matter that laps time will not be not count as highly as if you didn't use it. So if you want that top spot on the leaderboards you have to learn to run fast clean laps with out screwing up and using the rewind feature.

The points for drifting only apply competitions and leaderboard tracking. I'm pretty sure drift competitions are only in multiplayer as I have yet to come across them in the season play.
post #1173 of 1200 Old 04-26-2010, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
HOT!

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
post #1174 of 1200 Old 12-12-2010, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 582
does anyone here have a multiple screen/console rig for Forza 3?

I was wondering if you need to have a copy of Forza 3 for each console?

I saw this setup below and I have 2 consoles so I was wondering if it was worth trying it out:

post #1175 of 1200 Old 12-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member

yes.... three consoles and three copies of the game are required
post #1176 of 1200 Old 12-12-2010, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

yikes. never mind... i'm not hardcore forza enough to get another console and 3 copies of the game...

thanks for the reply!
post #1177 of 1200 Old 01-12-2011, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Just started this game. I also own Forza 2, and I have to say Forza 3 is awesome!
post #1178 of 1200 Old 01-12-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebloggs13 View Post

Just started this game. I also own Forza 2, and I have to say Forza 3 is awesome!

Yes it is

Just in case you don't know, they gift you cars as you level up so you might want to save your money for something else.
The first car I bought was the Bugatti Veyron only to have it gifted a few levels later.

BTW, Forza 4 is coming!
post #1179 of 1200 Old 01-14-2011, 05:55 AM

I was wondering on how you actually buy the cars? Because right now I'm just getting them gifted and I'm kinda alright with that.
post #1180 of 1200 Old 01-14-2011, 06:05 AM

I have waited since last I think october(just after it came out) until I get my new HDTV for any further Forza3. I have the sweet force feedback wireless wheel (I modded the pedals so they are like real life resistance) and when the TV comes on WED, ill be all set.

I do however have some sweet carbonfiber patterns for sale in my storefront, and a few tunes for beginers to use with civics. Feel free to ck out the storefront....its just like my forum name. soberparty

xblgt: soberparty
post #1181 of 1200 Old 01-14-2011, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by YANKEE_EMP1RE View Post

I was wondering on how you actually buy the cars? Because right now I'm just getting them gifted and I'm kinda alright with that.

As Justin said, you will be gifted a ton of cars as you complete various races and reach certain levels. I've only bought a few cars, and that was just to have a car to enter a certain event. I think have around 1 million credits that I haven't had the need to spend yet. It's been awhile since I've played though.

Xbox Live: oktober rust | Mii: 5207 2388 9861 4135 | Steam ID: detroit820 | Origin ID: oktoberrust11
post #1182 of 1200 Old 01-14-2011, 07:21 AM

yeah my carear is at its infancy to be sure.....

I made all my money buying and selling cars on the auction place...I freaking love that thing. I loved it in forza 2. like a mentioned before, the storefront helps make you money- although not much, every little bit helps to upgrade your car. I dont remember how much money I have as its been what 7 months since it came out? But I think I have bought a bunch of cars. I think I was going to take the approach of buying all new cars from the auction house, and then driving them for fun in qualifying races.

I know you can just play the careear mode and unlock cars that way, but I like the adrenaline rush from bidding at auction, and finding the types and styles of cars that sell well. That makes you money.

post #1183 of 1200 Old 01-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soberparty View Post

I have the sweet force feedback wireless wheel (I modded the pedals so they are like real life resistance) and when the TV comes on WED, ill be all set.

Is it the Microsoft wheel? I have that too (and I just bought my dad a used one on craiglist too). How did you modify the pedals to make them better? I really need to get a setup for my wheel to be clamped too. Sitting on my lap is not very immersive. My main hope was that my dad (master craftsman) would build one for himself, and then make me a copy.

XBL: dibs ODDJOB
Wiii: Fibonacci-sequence-like numbers
post #1184 of 1200 Old 01-14-2011, 10:20 AM

Here is where I got it, and sorry- you will have to find the spring somewhere else.

http://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Stee...5025591&sr=8-1

Yes its the MS wheel

oh and for that wheel, there are tons of codes to change the amount of force feedback you get.....really makes it real when you find the setting that you like. I dont remember where I got them, try the forza site and their forums, on that wheel.

post #1185 of 1200 Old 01-14-2011, 10:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo7evan View Post
I really need to get a setup for my wheel to be clamped too. Sitting on my lap is not very immersive. My main hope was that my dad (master craftsman) would build one for himself, and then make me a copy.
I use the Fanatec wheel stand with my MS wheel. It works great and folds up nicely. Makes Forza 3 that much better so I think it was worth the money.

Gamer Tag: Todd Stevens
post #1186 of 1200 Old 01-14-2011, 11:18 AM

not a bad option no doubt

I want to either purchase or buy a stand that links up with the wheel and the pedals, but the supports for the wheel need to be open under my lap.

I want to have nothing to bump my leggs into while playing. To me while driving for long periods of time, comfort will be very important.

Also if the unit were to have two support bars coming down to link up with the pedals, wouldnt that be just that much more support? The thing wouldnt twist no matter how hard you cranked on the wheel, or how hard you push on it, or how hard you lean on it.

I wish I knew how to build something like that though- i have seen others use pvc pipes from home depot or lowes and build set ups just like yours, but I dont know how to so what I want.

post #1187 of 1200 Old 01-14-2011, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Check this site out for pedal mods and custom wheel stands/cockpits:

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Most of the stuff on the front page is GT5 related, but there is plenty of stuff on the site for Forza and the MS wheel if you search.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #1188 of 1200 Old 01-14-2011, 01:43 PM

I resisted getting a wheel for the 360 since I already had one for the original xbox and a momo for my pc and didn't think there were any driving games on the 360 worth getting another one. Then a friend told me how much fun Forza 3 is and the fact that MS would be discontinuing their wheel was enough to make me bite the bullet and get another one. It was well worth it

I saw online how people make their own stands so I decided to make one for myself of my own design and I'm very happy as to how it turned out. It's so much more fun than just having the wheel in your lap. I know some can drive really well with a controller but having a race rig is more fun.

While doing my research I found out about the Butt Kicker and ordered one as soon as they became available again. That was like the icing on the cake and my racing seat is now complete. Anyone that's on the fence about buying or building a setup for their wheel should just do it. It's soooo worth it.

For those that don't have Forza 3 yet they have just released it as a platinum hits called the Forza Ultimate Collection for $29.95 and it includes all the DLC and three special cars exclusive to it.. Hard to beat that deal and you will get months and months of play out of it.

With F1 2010 here and NASCAR 2011, TDU 2, DIRT 3 and Forza 4 coming there will plenty of driving to do for a long time.

Here's a few shots of my setup.

post #1189 of 1200 Old 01-14-2011, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

I used to be a part of a weekly Forza racing group (very low key) and I started off with a wheel, but having nothing to bolt it to I quickly migrated to the controller. The wheel is definitely more fun but I do alot better with the sticks now.

Nice setup though!

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
post #1190 of 1200 Old 01-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 867 Post(s)
Liked: 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorax View Post
I use the Fanatec wheel stand with my MS wheel. It works great and folds up nicely. Makes Forza 3 that much better so I think it was worth the money.
Hey, Sorax! I didn't know you had one of those. I wanted to get one way back. How do you like it? I was curious... if you turn the wheel really hard, does it torque the stand at all or is it pretty solid? I came pretty close to getting one of those and the X360 compatible Fanatec wheel.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

post #1191 of 1200 Old 01-14-2011, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

I know several people with the Fanatec wheel and about half of them had theirs arrive with missing or broken parts. On top of that, if you pre-ordered the wheel before it's release you got a nice early shipment. Then they discovered a bug, updated it, and sent the rest out. So if you were good enough to support them early on you got screwed.

They'll never see a dime of my money.

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
post #1192 of 1200 Old 01-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 867 Post(s)
Liked: 1041
Tell us how you really feel, Kabob.

Nah, jk. I had never heard of such things. In fact, I noticed that all the Fanatec stuff seems to be highly regarded and recommended. Never owned any of their products, myself but I sought to.

If I were not to get the Fanatec wheel stand, I would like something more like what Justin Sain shows. Something like that would also work well with my Saitek X52pro HOTAS setup and my Steel Battalion controller.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

post #1193 of 1200 Old 01-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Hey, Sorax! I didn't know you had one of those. I wanted to get one way back. How do you like it? I was curious... if you turn the wheel really hard, does it torque the stand at all or is it pretty solid? I came pretty close to getting one of those and the X360 compatible Fanatec wheel.

I really like it. It's comfortable, stable and slides underneath my bed when folded. Looking again at whats available, I don't see a better option for what I wanted.

The telescoping bar holding your wheel will rotate a little bit if you are really muscling it. But its always been a pretty subtle amount of movement. Nothing that should throw you off but you'll notice it. In a weird way, because it only happens at really intense moments, the movement kind of adds to the experience. I've learned to periodically check the screw while racing.

If it looks like something you want, I wouldn't let this. I think it provides a great solution for a racing setup.

Gamer Tag: Todd Stevens
post #1194 of 1200 Old 01-18-2011, 10:50 PM
AVS Special Member

alright, guys, this may be preaching to the choir...

but Amazon is having the buy 2, get 1 free. and Forza 3 Ultimate Platinum Hits is on the list.

my question is this. let me preface, that I like arcade racers (the old Burnout games in particular). I don't have Forza 3. I had Forza on the original Xbox1 and thought it was okay.

I would've normally picked up Forza along the way but new games kept coming up and I deprioritized Forza each time.

Should I go ahead and pick up Forza 3 Ultimate Platinum, knowing that Forza 4 is right around the corner... I'm not even sure what is the advantage of the Ultimate Platinum edition is besides added DLC (and I'm not sure what DLC it is). Or just wait it out until Forza 4?
post #1195 of 1200 Old 01-19-2011, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Forza 3, particularly if you have the wheel, its a very good game. Every car has a cockpit view, and the tracks are pretty fun. But it is a racer, not an arcade game, so you gotta...you know...work at it

I got the game used for $20 and haven't bought any of the DLC yet because I haven't had the time to put into the game.....I think there are enough cars in the game as is that the DLC's would be overkill, plus you gotta buy the cars in game....which I really always hated. Its like I'm paying for options. If they want my real money, just give me the cars

Forza 4 may be right around the corner, but its going to be a $60 game......

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

post #1196 of 1200 Old 01-19-2011, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

my question is this. let me preface, that I like arcade racers (the old Burnout games in particular). I don't have Forza 3. I had Forza on the original Xbox1 and thought it was okay.

If you liked Burnout, you might want to consider going for NFS:Hot Pursuit. Same guys that made Burnout made NFS:HP. It's an incredibly fun game online...even with randoms. The single player is a ton of fun too. It's part of the B2G1, and I believe it's going for $44.

Forza is more of a simulation type of racer, though there are assists that you can turn on to make it a little easier from the start. Forza 3 is much better than F1/2 were, but it's still the same concept. I owned it when it first came out, traded it in, and then was able to pick it up as part of a used game sale for $15 about a month ago. Might want to wait for a deal like that to come around again to pick it up for cheap.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #1197 of 1200 Old 01-19-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

alright, guys, this may be preaching to the choir...

but Amazon is having the buy 2, get 1 free. and Forza 3 Ultimate Platinum Hits is on the list.

I would've normally picked up Forza along the way but new games kept coming up and I deprioritized Forza each time.

Should I go ahead and pick up Forza 3 Ultimate Platinum, knowing that Forza 4 is right around the corner... I'm not even sure what is the advantage of the Ultimate Platinum edition is besides added DLC (and I'm not sure what DLC it is). Or just wait it out until Forza 4?

The Platinum edition comes with all the DLC that was offered up to it's release. My guess is there were about 6 DLC car packs with each having about ten cars and there were a couple tracks as well. That's about $80 worth of DLC. It also comes with 3 cars exclusive to it and they are the Lexus LFA, Mercedes SLS AMG and the Koenigsegg CCX. You get all the cars available now at a fraction of the original cost and that's hard to beat. The only thing left is the recently released " Community Choice " pack DLC which is worth getting as well.

As far as the game goes I think it has incredible depth and something for anyone that likes cars. The single player can get a bit redundant but you do earn money to get the cars you want. Online gets a bit frustrating but it's a lot of fun when you get with a good group. There are lots of different modes so you can find something serious or more arcade like.

The paint shop is incredible and one can spend hours creating designs. Same with the tuning. Add in the storefront and a very robust, passionate online community and you have a game with endless play. Just about the time you've exhausted your interest Forza 4 will be here and you can start all over again.

At $29.95 I can't think of a better deal than this for anyone that likes cars and driving around a track. It should be noted that redeem codes come on cards inside the case and not on the disc so if you wait to get a used copy of the FUC you may get the disc only.
post #1198 of 1200 Old 01-19-2011, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member

thanks for all the help guys.

i think i might pick up the forza 3 ultimate collection without using this 2/1 deal since the selection isn't that great. all the games that look interesting overlap.

like i'm interested in split second and blur, but there's no way i'm going to buy 3 driving games at once. i thought about vanquish and halo wars. but neither really grab for me.

as for need for speed, i have it for the pc and i use the wireless 360 controller for it. yes, it's not the 65" TV I use with my consoles. but it was cheaper and runs awesome.
post #1199 of 1200 Old 03-27-2011, 08:57 AM

Old thread, but I started playing Forza 3 again lately. Mostly because I wanted to play it using my newish setup. A few months ago I picked up a new Onkyo/Polk setup. I got a Onkyo NR808 Receiver, A polk PSW110 sub, Polk CS2 center, Polk Monitor 70's fronts (bi-amped) and Polk Monitor 40's surrounds.

Which sounds great, but I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing these issues:

1: Do the car sounds lack bass? The most i get out of the sub, is the clock countdown before a race. I ran Audessey setup again last night and I dialed in the bass pretty well, between the gain knob, receiver end gain, 120hz crossover.....etc. I never get a room shaking rumble from a car or crash.

Edit: Maybe Audessey hates my PSW110? To get that baseline of 75db for the audessey setup, i have to turn the gain knob on the sub to nearly off.

My last audio setup was pathetic at best, so I always gave forza a chance that maybe it was just my setup. Now that I have a decently worthy setup, it feels the sounds are lacking, unless im missing something? Does anyone have any sound tweaks for this game or receiver settings that might enhance the low end? Or just does this game have no low end?

2: Do the engine sounds sound like they come out the left rear most times (depending the the car and angle)?

Thanks
post #1200 of 1200 Old 03-27-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSR6 View Post
Old thread, but I started playing Forza 3 again lately. Mostly because I wanted to play it using my newish setup. A few months ago I picked up a new Onkyo/Polk setup. I got a Onkyo NR808 Receiver, A polk PSW110 sub, Polk CS2 center, Polk Monitor 70's fronts (bi-amped) and Polk Monitor 40's surrounds.

Which sounds great, but I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing these issues:

1: Do the car sounds lack bass? The most i get out of the sub, is the clock countdown before a race. I ran Audessey setup again last night and I dialed in the bass pretty well, between the gain knob, receiver end gain, 120hz crossover.....etc. I never get a room shaking rumble from a car or crash.

Edit: Maybe Audessey hates my PSW110? To get that baseline of 75db for the audessey setup, i have to turn the gain knob on the sub to nearly off.

My last audio setup was pathetic at best, so I always gave forza a chance that maybe it was just my setup. Now that I have a decently worthy setup, it feels the sounds are lacking, unless im missing something? Does anyone have any sound tweaks for this game or receiver settings that might enhance the low end? Or just does this game have no low end?

2: Do the engine sounds sound like they come out the left rear most times (depending the the car and angle)?

Thanks
I have surround sound using my Onkyo 606 and five speakers but no sub. There doesn't seem to be much bass in the game and there's not a lot of cars that " rumble ".

Then I got the ButtKicker in the pictures just a few posts above and that all changed. It plugs into the sub out of the 606 and now I hear and feel the rumble. The first time I drove the old Barracuda with the ButtKicker made my setup worthwhile. I sat there and felt like I was driving a beast of a muscle car

One thing that bothered me just a tiny bit was the sound direction. I didn't like driving a rear engine car and having most of the sound coming from the front speakers. It took the realism down just a notch for me but no real big deal.

So I'd say don't blame your system. It's more about the game and the use of bass in it.
Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page