The official Halo 3 Online Multiplayer Discussion Thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 56 Old 07-24-2009, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mikeloxlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicagoland aka Wes-Burbs, Illinois
Posts: 6,228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnarum23 View Post

Won't happen...

...

we're no slouches neither but you are probably right....

no offense but intended with this post but up until the Beta of COD4 came out, I thought that Halo 3 was the best thing since sliced bread. But that's the thing, COD4 came along and taught me that you CAN have your sliced bread toasted, with butter and jelly (perks 1,2,3). you can have it untoasted with peanut butter and jelly or grilled cheese.

I love how the stats and video/picture capabilities have been superbly well implemented into the game as well as having the capability to access them with a web browser but we are talking about games though right? For me and a few others on this foru, COD4/5 represent a gameplay far different yet very similar to the Halo series. Personally, I hate the moon like gravity and physics that run on the havok engine. I like the realism of war portrayed in an arcadey kind of way. Of course this is all personal preference.

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
mikeloxlong is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 56 Old 07-24-2009, 02:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Daekwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 10,261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 333
too much talking..

when we gonna do this? im ready right now!!

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
Daekwan is offline  
post #33 of 56 Old 07-24-2009, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mikeloxlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicagoland aka Wes-Burbs, Illinois
Posts: 6,228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

too much talking..

when we gonna do this? im ready right now!!

ignore him, he never shows up to firefights unless he's been drinking...wait, that's MrLittleJeans...wait, both these guys do that!

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
mikeloxlong is offline  
post #34 of 56 Old 07-24-2009, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
antwon412's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Leandro, CA
Posts: 1,134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaesare View Post

However my loss to you will be twice as epic on a screen twice the size...

curse you. tho that IM convo earlier is all making sense now.....

Xbox360 / PS3 / Failed HDM Supporter
I have no idea what you are referring to
Gamertag: antwon412
(A/V)Ignorance is Bliss -------- sweet, cheap bliss
antwon412 is offline  
post #35 of 56 Old 07-24-2009, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mikeloxlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicagoland aka Wes-Burbs, Illinois
Posts: 6,228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 145
^^^aren't you guys brothers or something?^^^

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
mikeloxlong is offline  
post #36 of 56 Old 07-24-2009, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
antwon412's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Leandro, CA
Posts: 1,134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

^^^aren't you guys brothers or something?^^^

only by blood

Xbox360 / PS3 / Failed HDM Supporter
I have no idea what you are referring to
Gamertag: antwon412
(A/V)Ignorance is Bliss -------- sweet, cheap bliss
antwon412 is offline  
post #37 of 56 Old 07-24-2009, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
257Tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 2,012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

too much talking..

when we gonna do this? im ready right now!!

I'm down, me and my bro will join the fight against yall.
257Tony is offline  
post #38 of 56 Old 07-25-2009, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
scaesare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 4,637
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

^^^aren't you guys brothers or something?^^^

He'd like to think so...

-Steve
scaesare is offline  
post #39 of 56 Old 07-25-2009, 09:07 AM
Advanced Member
 
nnarum23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 976
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

we're no slouches neither but you are probably right....

no offense but intended with this post but up until the Beta of COD4 came out, I thought that Halo 3 was the best thing since sliced bread. But that's the thing, COD4 came along and taught me that you CAN have your sliced bread toasted, with butter and jelly (perks 1,2,3). you can have it untoasted with peanut butter and jelly or grilled cheese.

I love how the stats and video/picture capabilities have been superbly well implemented into the game as well as having the capability to access them with a web browser but we are talking about games though right? For me and a few others on this foru, COD4/5 represent a gameplay far different yet very similar to the Halo series. Personally, I hate the moon like gravity and physics that run on the havok engine. I like the realism of war portrayed in an arcadey kind of way. Of course this is all personal preference.

No doubt. I love COD4... I don't know why I traded it in though...

I've been meaning to get it again, but MW2 was announced, so I might just wait until that releases. My stats are decent in COD4 too.


But yeah, I'm free tonight and tomorrow night if anyone wants to do some custom matches of slayer or a free for all or something.

PSN - nnarum
nnarum23 is offline  
post #40 of 56 Old 07-26-2009, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Davio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,918
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliDog View Post

To this day I still think Davio has the umm.. sweetest emblem!
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post12529373

LOL, I forgot about my boobah emblem! That was definitely my favorite. I have not played many video games at all over the last 6 months as I have become addicted to getting better at the guitar.....but I tell you, the one game that I constantly get the itch to play again is Halo 3. I might have to start shaking the rust off soon.
Davio is offline  
post #41 of 56 Old 07-27-2009, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
michanecash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Manassas, VA
Posts: 481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
does anyone understand what factors make you rank up. I won 8/10 of the games i played on team swat yesterday, but didn't rank up.

Ah, well, sir, I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks... yeah.
michanecash is offline  
post #42 of 56 Old 07-27-2009, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
257Tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 2,012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by michanecash View Post

does anyone understand what factors make you rank up. I won 8/10 of the games i played on team swat yesterday, but didn't rank up.

Mostly depends upon the rank of the people you are playing against. In short, when you beat people that are ranked higher than you you get more credit for it, and of course you get less credit for beating people lower than you. It can be frustrating to win a bunch in a row and not move up, but move down after a single loss. Just don't lose and you'll be fine
257Tony is offline  
post #43 of 56 Old 08-02-2009, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
michanecash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Manassas, VA
Posts: 481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks, I had another frustrating weekend of not ranking up.

Ah, well, sir, I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks... yeah.
michanecash is offline  
post #44 of 56 Old 08-03-2009, 10:47 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
ogbuehi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 4,038
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've found that Halo 3 does a pretty good job of keeping me at the rank I should be. I've found that as if I ever get promoted up too many ranks I start getting my @ss handed to me.
ogbuehi is offline  
post #45 of 56 Old 08-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Senior Member
 
BIGJOHNB20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 347
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogbuehi View Post

I've found that Halo 3 does a pretty good job of keeping me at the rank I should be. I've found that as if I ever get promoted up too many ranks I start getting my @ss handed to me.

I agree, that this game does do a pretty good job of ranking you where you should be. Sure everyone wants to rank up to 50, but if you aren't a real 50 then it isn't so much fun to play against people who are.

I somehow made it up to 40 when I used to play all the time. I think i had all of one game at 40 and it was getting ugly. Some people are ridiculous with the BR at higher levels. I have since settled back to somewhere in the low 30s and I find it is a lot more enjoyable because I don't go -15 k/d.

Actually I haven't played this game much at all lately. I need to put it back in and get ready for ODST.
BIGJOHNB20 is offline  
post #46 of 56 Old 08-04-2009, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
michanecash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Manassas, VA
Posts: 481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My issue is that I just seem to always play with people who do poorly. I consistently score well, but we loose the game.

I just recently started playing lone wolves and have been ranking up like crazy.

Ah, well, sir, I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks... yeah.
michanecash is offline  
post #47 of 56 Old 08-04-2009, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
michanecash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Manassas, VA
Posts: 481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by michanecash View Post

You know, I have heard good reviews about 1943. How is that?

I downloaded this game and it is pretty good. It takes quite a few games to get decent at it.

It is now my second favorite game...

Ah, well, sir, I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks... yeah.
michanecash is offline  
post #48 of 56 Old 08-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
nnarum23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 976
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
No one wants to set anything up?

Ah well...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=claddMZCqoI

A sweet triple kill for me

PSN - nnarum
nnarum23 is offline  
post #49 of 56 Old 08-18-2009, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
michanecash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Manassas, VA
Posts: 481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnarum23 View Post

No one wants to set anything up?

Ah well...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=claddMZCqoI

A sweet triple kill for me

Whats your gamertag?

Ah, well, sir, I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks... yeah.
michanecash is offline  
post #50 of 56 Old 08-18-2009, 07:54 AM
Senior Member
 
BIGJOHNB20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 347
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been playing this game for the last couple days and went to try and play a ranked team slayer game. I couldn't even get in that playlist because I didn't have the right map packs. Turns out about the only thing I was able to play was social slayer. Out of 8-10 games, I played the Pit twice, narrows twice, high ground twice...same maps I have been playing since it came out over and over. I have two of the three map packs, but I have never even played Blackout!

So, I am starting to get really excited for this ODST realease. The game itself should be pretty cool, but the H3 MM disc is also getting me pretty excited. Think about it...Once ODST comes out, every one will have ALL of the MP maps. That means that they can actually put all the maps into rotation in all of the playlists.

Do you guys think that once this comes out we will start to see a little better variety in the rotations? Will all 24 maps or whatever be required for all playlists or will Social still rotate through the same 5 maps?
BIGJOHNB20 is offline  
post #51 of 56 Old 08-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Member
 
LiamSevier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Social will likely continue to rotate through the original maps released with the game. Which makes marketing sense, since not all users choose to upgrade to new maps, including the free ones. However, if all users in the lobby have, say for example; the Heroic map pack, then you should start to see some of those maps in the rotation.

I've been convinced lately that the only map everyone must have is Last Resort (or what should be renamed to "First Resort") because I seem to get that map, game after game. But I know that I'm often playing in parties where not everyone has all the maps.

And my k/d and w/l stats have plummeted significantly lately, as I've been playing in parties with some friends and their kids; an 8 year old and 13 year old (both girls). So we've been getting the crap kicked out of our team. Not to mention, the obligatory accidental betrayals. ; )



Good thing I'm more about the fun, when I'm with them. But I do enjoy using strategy and tactics; unfortunately people who comprehend those concepts are hard to find.
LiamSevier is offline  
post #52 of 56 Old 08-18-2009, 11:59 AM
Senior Member
 
cesslinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 378
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone like to play Zombies?

GT Chuck81
cesslinger is offline  
post #53 of 56 Old 08-18-2009, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
michanecash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Manassas, VA
Posts: 481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamSevier View Post

Social will likely continue to rotate through the original maps released with the game. Which makes marketing sense, since not all users choose to upgrade to new maps, including the free ones. However, if all users in the lobby have, say for example; the Heroic map pack, then you should start to see some of those maps in the rotation.

I've been convinced lately that the only map everyone must have is Last Resort (or what should be renamed to "First Resort") because I seem to get that map, game after game. But I know that I'm often playing in parties where not everyone has all the maps.

And my k/d and w/l stats have plummeted significantly lately, as I've been playing in parties with some friends and their kids; an 8 year old and 13 year old (both girls). So we've been getting the crap kicked out of our team. Not to mention, the obligatory accidental betrayals. ; )


Good thing I'm more about the fun, when I'm with them. But I do enjoy using strategy and tactics; unfortunately people who comprehend those concepts are hard to find.

How did you get the 7 kill medal, what game were you playing?

Ah, well, sir, I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks... yeah.
michanecash is offline  
post #54 of 56 Old 08-18-2009, 12:50 PM
Advanced Member
 
nnarum23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 976
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by michanecash View Post

Whats your gamertag?

nnarum

Anytime any of you want to run a few let me know.

PSN - nnarum
nnarum23 is offline  
post #55 of 56 Old 08-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Member
 
LiamSevier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by michanecash View Post

How did you get the 7 kill medal, what game were you playing?

I believe one was in Grifball, the other might have been in SWAT.
LiamSevier is offline  
post #56 of 56 Old 08-19-2009, 06:20 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
michanecash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Manassas, VA
Posts: 481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnarum23 View Post

nnarum

Anytime any of you want to run a few let me know.

I might be down for a game this weekend.

Ah, well, sir, I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks... yeah.
michanecash is offline  
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off