(Video) Xbox 360 Hdmi -> Pc Monitor + (Audio) Xbox 360 Optical Audio Cable -> Extigy - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 02-10-2010, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys I need help!

I'm currently connecting my Xbox 360 via HDMI to my Acer H243HX monitor, but I do not want audio from the crappy monitor speakers.

So I bought a 3rd party audio cable exactly like the one found here h ttp://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=691179 (I have also done the soldering modification shown in the link) and I hooked up my Optical cable to the Optical In of my Creative Extigy.

Video works perfectly well, but I am unable to get any sound, and I have no idea how to get it to work.

Can anybody advise me what should I do?

I also have no clue how to connect audio via the other 2 audio ports, can somebody teach me?

Thanks a lot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-10-2010, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
So you are trying to run the sound from the 360 through your PC, and then out to your PC speakers correct? Most people have a tough time making this work, I'd recommend bypassing your PC and using a direct connection. What type of speaker setup are you using?
post #3 of 9 Old 02-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBoyyy View Post

Hi guys I need help!

I'm currently connecting my Xbox 360 via HDMI to my Acer H243HX monitor, but I do not want audio from the crappy monitor speakers.

So I bought a 3rd party audio cable exactly like the one found here h ttp://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=691179 (I have also done the soldering modification shown in the link) and I hooked up my Optical cable to the Optical In of my Creative Extigy.

Video works perfectly well, but I am unable to get any sound, and I have no idea how to get it to work.

Can anybody advise me what should I do?

I also have no clue how to connect audio via the other 2 audio ports, can somebody teach me?

Thanks a lot!

There are a couple of potential issues there. First is that you would need to configure your Extigy via the mixer, to select the optical cable input. Second, your Extigy must be a model that bundles dolby digital decoding, as not all versions are licensed for that. Otherwise I suppose you could configure the 360 to only output 2 channel stereo sound. If both of those requirements are met, it will work.....if you don't mind way too much audio lag.

P.J.
post #4 of 9 Old 02-11-2010, 12:49 AM

I am using Cambridge SoundWorks MegaWorks 550 5.1, a really old model.

h ttp://www.computer-speakers-reviews.com/computer-speakers-reviews/megaworks-550-5.1-computer-speakers-review.html

Can somebody advise me what is the best way to get audio our of these speakers? How do I direct connect it to my speakers?

Thanks a lot for helping me out!
post #5 of 9 Old 02-11-2010, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBoyy View Post

I am using Cambridge SoundWorks MegaWorks 550 5.1, a really old model.

h ttp://www.computer-speakers-reviews.com/computer-speakers-reviews/megaworks-550-5.1-computer-speakers-review.html

Can somebody advise me what is the best way to get audio our of these speakers? How do I direct connect it to my speakers?

Thanks a lot for helping me out!

From the review, it appears that this speaker system does not have any digital input (spdif coax or optical), but only 5.1 discrete analog inputs. Your best bet would be to buy a cheap home theater receiver with preamp level outputs and use those to drive the line inputs on speaker system. You can run the analog outputs from the Extigy through the receiver too. You can't run digital coax or optical from the Extigy to the receiver unless you have one of the high-end Extigy models with Dolby Digital encoding.

P.J.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-14-2010, 09:48 AM

Hey thanks a lot for the reply.

I've tried connecting this from the xbox360 to my extigy's line in but it does not work.

(Mine are yellow and black instead of red and white)

Can anybody advise me how do I connect from my xbox to my extigy?
post #7 of 9 Old 02-14-2010, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
Usally line is muted by default, so check that?
post #8 of 9 Old 02-15-2010, 01:51 AM

Yep it is not muted, and I've tried swapping both the black and yellow against the red and white but it still does not work.

Any suggestions?
post #9 of 9 Old 02-16-2010, 08:54 PM

Any suggestions anyone?
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page