Mass effect 3 - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 2267 Old 02-21-2012, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Alright... got 3 characters near or at 20 now... doing a serious silver run tonight.

1. Me
2. Eggo (my buddy, bad ass krogan or invisible sniper that can stay alive and revive)

I think i'm about done with bronze unless i'm showing friends how to play... lets get some silver runs going!

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 2267 Old 02-21-2012, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

At least Kasumi gave you... Kasumi and the Locust. Both were great. Ooh, and a couple new outfits for Shepard. FemShep never looked so good! And Jean-Luc Shepard looked great in his new dress uniform.

Regarding the kid - I thought it was rather cliche and silly. Would've been better to run into him a few more times, then have him get killed. Or how about a hero renegade/paragon move. Hero paragon - grab the kid and take him with. Hero renegade - put him out of his misery.

My opinion about showing the little boy and possibility the girl killed is Reaper doesn't care who are you. Reaper single function is to wipe out all lives.

For game advertising, it's not common to show children getting killed in the war. It's common to see the city is void of life. At least in ME3, large population of the city gets transformed into Husks than magically disappeared like most games.
post #273 of 2267 Old 02-21-2012, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd View Post

Alright... got 3 characters near or at 20 now... doing a serious silver run tonight.

1. Me
2. Eggo (my buddy, bad ass krogan or invisible sniper that can stay alive and revive)

I think i'm about done with bronze unless i'm showing friends how to play... lets get some silver runs going!

um... ADD ME FOO!

Doing some now with randoms. Ugh.
post #274 of 2267 Old 02-21-2012, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

At least Kasumi gave you... Kasumi and the Locust. Both were great. Ooh, and a couple new outfits for Shepard. FemShep never looked so good! And Jean-Luc Shepard looked great in his new dress uniform.

Regarding the kid - I thought it was rather cliche and silly. Would've been better to run into him a few more times, then have him get killed. Or how about a hero renegade/paragon move. Hero paragon - grab the kid and take him with. Hero renegade - put him out of his misery.

I thought Kasumi DLC was quite good. She's good character and funny plus the sexy black leather female outfit for Shepard. I often play the DLC early on so that my FemShep looks sexy throughout the game. Only problem is when she sits down with her legs spread wide. The outfit just doesn't get animated correctly.

Is Kasumi coming back in ME3? IGN doesn't list her character as coming back. It would be been better if Kasumi coming back is based on the Shepard's decision in the DLC because if Kasumi said she will stay off the grid if Shepard lets her keep her lover's memories. Also, if the ME2 save import doesn't contain Kasumi DLC, her character will not be in ME3. It would be weird for someone who never played Kasumi DLC and act like Shepard already knows Kasumi is. I can see some players will disagree for punished if didn't buy Kasumi DLC but my opinion is consistency. You don't want new squadmate character to appear out of no where like you had the character before. Dragon Age 2 already broke that.
post #275 of 2267 Old 02-21-2012, 01:35 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 40
Quote:

um... ADD ME FOO!

I'll be on tonight but leveling my infiltrator...I can jump on my engy if you need help with silver.

Xbox handle: TheRotoman
post #276 of 2267 Old 02-21-2012, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Well, I'm expecting that
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Liara will continue to be the Shadow Broker in ME3
if I chose that option in the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC? They better explain it if not. Maybe they actually read your latest save file when you import your character in ME3?

XBL : lowgn
post #277 of 2267 Old 02-21-2012, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_j View Post

Well, I'm expecting that
Spoiler  
Liara will continue to be the Shadow Broker in ME3
if I chose that option in the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC? They better explain it if not. Maybe they actually read your latest save file when you import your character in ME3?

Didn't Bioware say completing Shadow Broker DLC also influence ME3? I have tried playing ME2 with Shadow Broker DLC install but never told Liana about the Shadow Broker. Since Liana will come back to join Shepard team, I assume Liara has more information for certain quests if she took over the Shadow Broker's ship in the DLC.
post #278 of 2267 Old 02-21-2012, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

um... ADD ME FOO!

i knew you'd be down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoman View Post

I'll be on tonight but leveling my infiltrator...I can jump on my engy if you need help with silver.

added you to my friends list (ahhhr32)

should be home/online in about 2 hours.

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
post #279 of 2267 Old 02-21-2012, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Sorry, but I laughed when the Reaper blew up that ship. I didn't understand how it got that close in the first place without being destroyed.
post #280 of 2267 Old 02-21-2012, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Yeah I hope DLC choices are included in ME3.

BTW, I broke down and bought the Arrival DLC for full price and beat it tonight was worth it for me. About 1.5-2 hours. Great story line leading into ME3, and based on the ending it has to be included in ME3 even if you didn't buy the DLC I'm sure they'll explain what happened.

XBL : lowgn
post #281 of 2267 Old 02-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Advanced Member

Drat...might have to get that before the 6th. I didn't do shadow broker either.

post #282 of 2267 Old 02-22-2012, 02:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoman View Post

Drat...might have to get that before the 6th. I didn't do shadow broker either.

Shadow Broker is better and also has something it that will have to be explained in ME3.
post #283 of 2267 Old 02-22-2012, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_j View Post

Yeah I hope DLC choices are included in ME3.

BTW, I broke down and bought the Arrival DLC for full price and beat it tonight was worth it for me. About 1.5-2 hours. Great story line leading into ME3, and based on the ending it has to be included in ME3 even if you didn't buy the DLC I'm sure they'll explain what happened.

I was really hoping that you'd get some sort of bonus in ME3 for completing The Arrival: . But judging by the demo, you're probably right.
post #284 of 2267 Old 02-22-2012, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I was really hoping that you'd get some sort of bonus in ME3 for completing The Arrival: . But judging by the demo, you're probably right.

If you are referring to ME3 story has time limit to complete. That would make sense that playing multiplayer Galactic Readiness advances the story progress that Shepard can go to fight the more important battles than misc smaller ones.

I don't mind have time limit to progress in the game like ME2 but not timer limit while on the quest.

Bioware did say it's possible to get the "best" ending by playing story campaign only. That would suggest you play the game in specific method, not wasting time wondering around playing the smaller side quests or taking too long to make a difference in the on going war. I think that would be fun because it forces the player to think more strategic in how to progress in the game, than trying to complete every little things. (Also makes Shepard more Renegade because if a side quests has 20% success rate, Shepard would just call it lost without trying to save even the last survivor. Think of the London trailer. If the city is already 80% lost, Shepard wouldn't even come trying to save anyone.) I guess that is what it means by pick your battles carefully. Multiplayer is available as "extra credits" to help the player to make up the lost time in the story campaign.

If the player wants more time to complete the smaller or low success rate side quests, The Arrival DLC can help by destroying the relay that slows down the Reaper invasion (I'm theorizing this from what I read about The Arrival.) Some players don't like to be forced to sacrifice certain quests to be able to win the war with the "best" ending. So, The Arrival DLC and Multiplayer give them as many "extra credits" as possible.

I'll love ME3 if Bioware does turn the war like playing a chess except it's a 3 sided chess with Alliance, Cerberus and Reaper on each side.
post #285 of 2267 Old 02-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Advanced Member

Anyone going to be on tonight? Still leveling my salarian infiltrator.

post #286 of 2267 Old 02-22-2012, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

My Krogan will be there.
post #287 of 2267 Old 02-22-2012, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

i'll be on.... starting around now, through the night.

post #288 of 2267 Old 02-22-2012, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 81
New "Cinematic" trailer is up. I think of it as the "Uncanny Valley" trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=eBktyyaV9LY
post #289 of 2267 Old 02-22-2012, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
[quote=sirjonsnow;21683653]New "Cinematic" trailer is up. I think of it as the "Uncanny Valley" trailer.

Very nice one.

James
post #290 of 2267 Old 02-22-2012, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Here's more explaination about "From Ash" DLC:
antz1104 + 2h ago
SPOILER ALERT

The character is a Prothean, and is supposed to tell about the history between the Protheans and their fall into the collectors. This is Main story dlc, not some side aspect like the asteroid mission. So as far as I'm concerned this is pretty unacceptable. I posted the following in another article, summing up what Im seeing:

"Great, so anyone that bought the standard version is bent over a barrel having to pay the $10 dlc if you want the complete squad, and dont have the option to buy the CE version because it sold out.

The extra squad member was originally in the CE, then dropped. A lot of gamers cancelled their CE when that happened, and then it was added again. But this wasn't until after the CE completely sold out. Oh, and they cant make more because there was a limited # of hardcover books.

Thanks for officially selling out EA, and gouging the masses that buy the regular edition for $70 a copy if you want all the characters......so shady.
post #291 of 2267 Old 02-22-2012, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

pretty coo. Though really - a reaper landing in front of a girl on a field of flowers?
post #292 of 2267 Old 02-22-2012, 03:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 1346
So is "from ash" what's bundled with the collectors edition?

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #293 of 2267 Old 02-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Advanced Member

Please remember to use the spoiler tag. I know it was major news the last 2 days (the DLC) but I've purposely avoided kotaku and joystick the last 2 days so as not to spoil anything ME3 related.

Ima flip a table over then be back

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
post #294 of 2267 Old 02-22-2012, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Face View Post

Please remember to use the spoiler tag. I know it was major news the last 2 days (the DLC) but I've purposely avoided kotaku and joystick the last 2 days so as not to spoil anything ME3 related.

Ima flip a table over then be back

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Good point. Still there isn't any info about From Ash DLC other than who the character is. Personally, I don't really see that as Spoiler since it tells you nothing about the story. But if you don't know what the DLC is, then you may miss "buying" the DLC if you want to have full ME3 experience on the regular edition.
post #295 of 2267 Old 02-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Advanced Member

I think it's because your team members are so valuable to your team that even saying who will be available would be such a massive giveaway. Not so much to the story but more to abilities. I mean if you've played ME1 & 2 you know who the Reapers were (I'm not saying!). To have one on your team means as of right now that we don't know what kind of technology or abilities COULD be available.

#ITAKEMASSEFFECTSERIOUSLY

lol
post #296 of 2267 Old 02-22-2012, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3D View Post

Here's more explaination about "From Ash" DLC:

Official explaination by Bioware: (small spoiler if clicked on the link)
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/mass-e...ollowing-days/

Personal opinion about additional squadmate character as DLC. If I already part way into the game, I don't want to add any DLC character. It just doesn't make sense for a new squadmate to pop up from no where. That was proven in Dragon Age 2 on the prince and dog. It's like one moment the character isn't there and next after the player bought the DLC, a new character appears and acts like already know you.
post #297 of 2267 Old 02-23-2012, 06:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3D View Post

Official explaination by Bioware: (small spoiler if clicked on the link)
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/mass-e...ollowing-days/

Personal opinion about additional squadmate character as DLC. If I already part way into the game, I don't want to add any DLC character. It just doesn't make sense for a new squadmate to pop up from no where. That was proven in Dragon Age 2 on the prince and dog. It's like one moment the character isn't there and next after the player bought the DLC, a new character appears and acts like already know you.

I don't think Mass Effect has ever added a character in this manner. Typically there's a mission or story that causes you to meet the character and through their story arc you gain the ability to add them to your team.

post #298 of 2267 Old 02-23-2012, 06:40 AM
Advanced Member

Last night was in a bronze match with another human infiltrator at about my level (was at 15 at the time) and two lower level toons - a lvl 5 adept and a lvl 6 soldier. We get to wave 6 (or 9?) and its one of those arm the station ones. Our soldier runs right into the mass of them immediately, dies and gets executed before anyone could get near him....then the adept dies....then the other infiltrator. Basically, they all died and got executed trying to revive each other. At this point we haven't armed any of the stations or killed much of the wave. Someone says 'well that's a wipe'. Then I proceeded to cloak and arm each station, take down the rest of wave (including an atlas, a phantom, 2 turrets and an engineer). Distance, cloak, snipe, energy drain, rinse, repeat. As long as you can keep them at arm's length you're pretty much untouchable.

Tonight's challenge: soloing bronze with my infiltrator.

post #299 of 2267 Old 02-23-2012, 06:48 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Anyone unlock the asari adept with stasis. I kinda want to hear how it works and compare it to using singularity.

TV - Samsung DLP 4674W
Receiver - Pioneer 1015-K
Speakers - Polk 6901 (7.1 setup)
Sub - PSW303
DVD - LG 3510A
post #300 of 2267 Old 02-23-2012, 06:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinoza_43221 View Post

Anyone unlock the asari adept with stasis. I kinda want to hear how it works and compare it to using singularity.

Not me but I've played with several. They're great on silver for freezing phantoms for quick killing.

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page