Mass effect 3 - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 2267 Old 02-28-2012, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I don't know how much you guys are into the Mass Effect universe but there is some funny stuff in the comments of this site which pretends to be the Cerberus Daily news. Apparently they are saying the Batarian homeworld has gone dark and people are "in character" debating on what could be happening.

http://www.cerberusdailynews.com/?p=1226
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 2267 Old 02-28-2012, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 91
I'll have to double check when I do the Shadow Broker stuff myself, maybe it was only 28 or 29. Second character definitely hit 30, but you get a bonus for additional characters.
post #363 of 2267 Old 02-28-2012, 10:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 1430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoman View Post

Read the link. Your decisions in the previous games determine who is in ME3. Otherwise you can start with a clean slate.

What am I missing? It doesnt say anything but that characters carried over from previous games retain their level, which I don't want. IIRC you didn't even need to keep the same class between 1-2.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #364 of 2267 Old 02-28-2012, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinoza_43221 View Post

Hmmm...still trying figure out the setup for her. I think your missing out big by not putting 6 into throw. You can get that immediate cool down on throw and chain cast it after you stasis someone.

true, but i dont care for throw that much and the recharge is already low enough.... i could stasis -> throw and rely on biotic explosion (i think) but carnifex headshot still does way more damage.

Quote:

One other thing I wish, its not as bad as the getting stuck in cover issue, is the ability to remap powers to buttons. You can do it in the single player, just wish there was an option to do this in the multiplayer.

agreed... i hate how multiple classes have some powers, but each class put that power on a different button (shockwave and overload for example)

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
post #365 of 2267 Old 02-28-2012, 11:29 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

What am I missing? It doesnt say anything but that characters carried over from previous games retain their level, which I don't want. IIRC you didn't even need to keep the same class between 1-2.

You can still switch classes and change appearance but you would retain the level.

Xbox handle: TheRotoman
post #366 of 2267 Old 02-28-2012, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 74
post #367 of 2267 Old 02-28-2012, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Another new trailer, I like it better than the "uncanny valley" one:

http://www.youtube.com/user/biowarem...?v=0DSCFQcR08E
post #368 of 2267 Old 02-28-2012, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

Another new trailer, I like it better than the "uncanny valley" one:

http://www.youtube.com/user/biowarem...?v=0DSCFQcR08E

The male actor who played Shepard in the trailer doesn't look much like the male model that Shepard was modeled after. Microsoft should throw extra $ at the trailer to do face replacement with the original male model. Then, the camera doesn't need to keep moving away from Shepard's face.
post #369 of 2267 Old 02-29-2012, 05:26 AM
AVS Special Member

So last night I decided it was time for 7 days of Mass Effect. Started my 5th playthrough on ME1 - Vanguard. I named her Hope, and am trying to pick out what I think will be the best decisions to help save mankind in ME3. They are:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  

ME1:
Save Wrex (United Krogans = awesome)
Save Racni Queen (Rachni Queen = ally)
Allow Thorian lady to live (Give insight into indoctrination?)
Save the Council (Humans will need other races ASAP in ME3)
Insert Udina on Council (Can do better diplomatically)

ME2:
Destroy Collector Base (Can't trust Cerberus)
Everyone survives suicide mission (Need people to say hi to in ME3)
Kill Zaeed's mortal enemy (Bad guy)
Remain as a Spectre (Council recognition in ME3)
Save the genophage (More Krogan = More Win)
Destroy the geth (Can't trust them, think Reapers are Gods)
Allow Tali's exile (Need Tali with Shepard, not Migrant Fleet)

Others to suggest? Running low on time, will return and edit later.
post #370 of 2267 Old 02-29-2012, 06:35 AM
Advanced Member

Updated with what I remember:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

So last night I decided it was time for 7 days of Mass Effect. Started my 5th playthrough on ME1 - Vanguard. I named her Hope, and am trying to pick out what I think will be the best decisions to help save mankind in ME3. They are:
Spoiler  

ME1:
Save Ashley (or Kaiden)
Save Wrex
Save Racni Queen
Allow Thorian lady to live
Save the Council
Insert Udina on Council

ME2:
Destroy Collector Base
Everyone survives suicide mission
Kill Zaeed's mortal enemy
Accept or reject remaining a Specter
Save the genophage (or destroy it)
Destroy or rewrite the geth
Prevent or allow Tali's exile

Others to suggest? Running low on time, will return and edit later.

post #371 of 2267 Old 02-29-2012, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks! Updated my spoiler list .
post #372 of 2267 Old 02-29-2012, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

btw for anyone looking to do a ME1 run, don't forget you can do the infinite XP glitch to get to 60:
Spoiler  
The glitch is pretty simple to perform and hasn't been patched as of March 22, 2010. Considering ME2 is well on it's way, I'd say it's unlikely it ever will be.

The planet Therum is a main story planet, so it's impossible to completely miss the opportunity for the glitch. After traversing the above ground portion of the mission and defeating the ambush at the dig-site, you deal with a fairly basic squad of enemy geth and talk to Liara.

To break Liara out of confinement, you'll need to crack the mining laser controls. Activate the panel, then (A), (X), (B), (Y) to make it go. After the animation, you get a level dependent XP reward and can proceed through the newly dug hole to rescue Liara.

OR, you can save the game, beginning the infinite XP loop. Save the game, load that save, wait for the XP reward to pop, save again, later, rinse, repeat. Everytime you load that save, you will receive the XP reward again. It will be adjusted to your current level, so the XP gain goes up as you level up. Eventually, you can use this to get the whole way to 60.

Then there's the equip any armor glitch:
Spoiler  

Potential of Glitch: You could have Kaiden (normaly a light armor only character) Wearing Krogan Heavy Armor!!!! Preparation: 1) First, you have to have the armor you want to equip in your inventory... 2) Then make sure that you have more armor upgrades(ex: Combat Exoskeleton IX) than armors. 3) Count, from the bottom of the armor list, up until you have highlighted the armor you want to equip. Remember that number. 4) Press " X " to go to the upgrades then.... Here is where the glitch is performed... 5) This part must be executed very fast, almost instantly, but not quite... Press and HOLD " Y " then hit " A " in that order. DO NOT press them simultaneously. Normally this would turn the upgrade into Omni-Gel, but since you HELD DOWN THE " Y " BUTTON, and tapped " A " very quickly... the game glitches!! 6) If done correctly... you will here the salvage sound, then a Prompt Screen pops up asking "Are sure you want to reduce to Omni-Gel..." Press " B " so you DO NOT salvage your upgrade. 7) You should see a lot of armor upgrades with duplicated info. (info located just to the left of item) 8) Once again go to the bottom and count up to the number you found earlier... 9) Press " A " to equip and enjoy!!!!!

For ME2, don't forget about the infinite level up glitch:
Spoiler  

1. Don't update (or perform hard drive maintenance to remove patch), then don't update.
2. Level up to the point that you have the ability to level up all of one path at once (10 points I think?). DO NOT ASSIGN POINTS UNTIL YOU CAN ASSIGN ALL AT ONCE.
3. Assign the first 3 of 4 points in one of the powers.
4. Hit X & A at the same time when assigning 4. If done right, you'll have it fully maxed, and will have your 10 points reset.
5. Continue with yourself and other characters if you like.
6. Save the game, exit, patch up, play.
post #373 of 2267 Old 02-29-2012, 07:04 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
I was playing gold level multiplayer on the demo last night and having a ton of fun. Those phantoms are really mean, she also must have some biotic mental blast attack because she looks at me like my ex-wife did and suddenly my shields explode and half my life is gone.

It's a great feeling completing a mission on gold especially when you know your carrying the team.

TV - Samsung DLP 4674W
Receiver - Pioneer 1015-K
Speakers - Polk 6901 (7.1 setup)
Sub - PSW303
DVD - LG 3510A
post #374 of 2267 Old 02-29-2012, 07:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I was playing gold level multiplayer on the demo last night and having a ton of fun. Those phantoms are really mean, she also must have some biotic mental blast attack because she looks at me like my ex-wife did and suddenly my shields explode and half my life is gone.

It's a great feeling completing a mission on gold especially when you know your carrying the team.

What spec are you running? After I finish with the last few missions on ME2 I'm going to play some more multiplayer.

post #375 of 2267 Old 02-29-2012, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I can't believe it but I'm actually not that excited about this game coming out.
The demo felt clunky to me, it also made me feel like ME3 is really ME2.5 or a ME2 DLC.
It just doesn't feel like the jump that ME2 was from ME1.
I think I've just got sequel-itis.
Too much of the same in the game biz right now.
post #376 of 2267 Old 02-29-2012, 09:54 AM
Advanced Member

My Dream team would be 2 asari adepts a salarian infiltrator and human engineer.

CC basically all over the place

Human engineer I would go with a 6-6-6-6 build and don't put any points into incinerate and spec both overload and combat drone for maximum cc. (This is probably the easiest build to start with)

Salarian Infilitrator I would go with a 3-5-6-6-6 build. A little controversial but I would only put 3 points in cloak and 5 points in Salarian Operative. Make sure to take the increase damage by 25 pecent on the proximity mine.

Asari adepts I would go with an unusual 6-6-6-4-4 build putting only 4 points in Asari Justicar and Fitness. This makes the Asari alot more fragile but you have a lot more flexibility. Make sure to get stasis bubble for stasis, expose and weaken on warp, and recharge and force on throw.

Mass troops are bubbled and biotic exploded, Phantoms are stasis meat, Atlas mechs get shield zapped with overload and energy drain then hit with proximity mine and warp. Should go down quick under focus fire. Combat drone and overload make sure those guys you don't see at first don't get to close.

TV - Samsung DLP 4674W
Sub - PSW303
DVD - LG 3510A
post #377 of 2267 Old 02-29-2012, 11:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

My Dream team would be 2 asari adepts a salarian infiltrator and human engineer.

CC basically all over the place

Human engineer I would go with a 6-6-6-6 build and don't put any points into incinerate and spec both overload and combat drone for maximum cc. (This is probably the easiest build to start with)

Salarian Infilitrator I would go with a 3-5-6-6-6 build. A little controversial but I would only put 3 points in cloak and 5 points in Salarian Operative. Make sure to take the increase damage by 25 pecent on the proximity mine.

Asari adepts I would go with an unusual 6-6-6-4-4 build putting only 4 points in Asari Justicar and Fitness. This makes the Asari alot more fragile but you have a lot more flexibility. Make sure to get stasis bubble for stasis, expose and weaken on warp, and recharge and force on throw.

Mass troops are bubbled and biotic exploded, Phantoms are stasis meat, Atlas mechs get shield zapped with overload and energy drain then hit with proximity mine and warp. Should go down quick under focus fire. Combat drone and overload make sure those guys you don't see at first don't get to close.

I have the engineer and salarian infiltrator. On the infiltrator, I maxed everything but the mines (which I only put 2 points in). I set it up for max sniper damage. From cloaked, I can one shot everything but phantoms and Atlas'. Phantoms get energy drained and sniped. With my current sniper rifle I can down an atlas in 5 shots. I stopped putting points in mines mostly due to playstyle.

With engineer I have more points in incinerate than overload. I'd probably change that if I could do it again. I have the drone maxed with rockets which are nice for taking down guardians and atlas'.

post #378 of 2267 Old 02-29-2012, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
My asari adept is level 18
post #379 of 2267 Old 02-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I have the engineer and salarian infiltrator. On the infiltrator, I maxed everything but the mines (which I only put 2 points in). I set it up for max sniper damage. From cloaked, I can one shot everything but phantoms and Atlas'. Phantoms get energy drained and sniped. With my current sniper rifle I can down an atlas in 5 shots. I stopped putting points in mines mostly due to playstyle.

With engineer I have more points in incinerate than overload. I'd probably change that if I could do it again. I have the drone maxed with rockets which are nice for taking down guardians and atlas'.

I could see speccing weapon completely for the infiltrator since they can eventually one shot Guardians with sniper rifles and you could solo with them. My builds are much more team focused. Saw a video last night of some guy soloing gold with an infiltrator who was completely weapon specced and was using an X widow.

TV - Samsung DLP 4674W
Sub - PSW303
DVD - LG 3510A
post #380 of 2267 Old 02-29-2012, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Here's the video. Crazy!

post #381 of 2267 Old 02-29-2012, 03:27 PM

Nice mouse work...oh for the ole counterstrike days on the PC...

Box controller never that fast!!
post #382 of 2267 Old 02-29-2012, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Here's the video. Crazy!

quite a bit easier on PC when you can cheat money and have infinite vet packs.... wonder what level of equipment he's running... cryo bullets look pretty strong.... also look like he's cheating medi-gel, how many times does he revive himself?

he also makes a cut at 38:04 ish... wonder why

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
post #383 of 2267 Old 02-29-2012, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

I thought Udina was an inept tool.
post #384 of 2267 Old 03-01-2012, 06:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd View Post

quite a bit easier on PC when you can cheat money and have infinite vet packs.... wonder what level of equipment he's running... cryo bullets look pretty strong.... also look like he's cheating medi-gel, how many times does he revive himself?

he also makes a cut at 38:04 ish... wonder why

There's some xbox and ps3 salarian infiltrator solo runs on gold on youtube.

At the end it shows he's running Widow X, cyro ammo II, power amp II and sniper rail II. I saw 2 revives.

Soloing with this guy isn't hard...its just tedious as all hell. On the silver and gold levels they're on you so quick that you only get one or two shots off before having to cloak and run.

post #385 of 2267 Old 03-01-2012, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

There's some xbox and ps3 salarian infiltrator solo runs on gold on youtube.

At the end it shows he's running Widow X, cyro ammo II, power amp II and sniper rail II. I saw 2 revives.

Soloing with this guy isn't hard...its just tedious as all hell. On the silver and gold levels they're on you so quick that you only get one or two shots off before having to cloak and run.

i saw 2 revives early on and just assumed, i skipped around the rest of the video... still pretty impressive (though at times I was pretty unimpressed at his aim, or his lack of exploiting the cover system) even if he glitched the vet packs to get the widow and the salarian (both of which i still don't have).

still no way he has widow X without glitching, I think my carnifex is only at 3, and I've put entirely too much time into the demo.

post #386 of 2267 Old 03-01-2012, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

It's so funny watching people who totally suck at the game but have the Widow.
post #387 of 2267 Old 03-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

It's so funny watching people who totally suck at the game but have the Widow.

+1. I can't get that thing to drop for the life of me.

post #388 of 2267 Old 03-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Advanced Member

All right one more complaint. They need to improve the match making. I was trying to get a few gold missions in last night and every time there would be some low level nub join who would just bring the team down.

So fix the run/cover system, make it so you can choose which buttons to map powers to, improve the match making system.......and make some pricey option that is not up to chance where I can get the class I want. Say a million for an elite pack. Then I would be a happy camper....or horder.

TV - Samsung DLP 4674W
Sub - PSW303
DVD - LG 3510A
post #389 of 2267 Old 03-02-2012, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

All right one more complaint. They need to improve the match making. I was trying to get a few gold missions in last night and every time there would be some low level nub join who would just bring the team down.

So fix the run/cover system, make it so you can choose which buttons to map powers to, improve the match making system.......and make some pricey option that is not up to chance where I can get the class I want. Say a million for an elite pack. Then I would be a happy camper....or horder.

Yeah I run into the same problem. Not sure how you fix it though. Was playing gold the other night with a group all at the same level and one guy kept going off solo and dying and getting pissed when we wouldn't come revive him. And you can't match make out 'stupid'.

post #390 of 2267 Old 03-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Advanced Member

Yeah that has happened multiple times to me. At least they have some ability to kick players.

TV - Samsung DLP 4674W
Sub - PSW303
DVD - LG 3510A
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page