Mass effect 3 - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 2267 Old 03-09-2012, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Is the start of the Ashes DLC ? I was going to go to it next to find out but thanks to having to redo stuff, I have to wait till tonight .

Zath soaring school:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Remember Nexus

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 2267 Old 03-09-2012, 07:11 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Added in spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Is the start of the Ashes DLC
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
going to eden prime. YES. Explore LOTS when you're there.
? I was going to go to it next to find out but thanks to having to redo stuff, I have to wait till tonight .

Xbox handle: TheRotoman
post #543 of 2267 Old 03-09-2012, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks, Roto!

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #544 of 2267 Old 03-09-2012, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I'm totally content playing mp till they fix the face import I'm having a blast.

xbox live gt

post #545 of 2267 Old 03-09-2012, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 86
I hope to be playing some mp tonight, didn't see anyone on at the same time as me last night.
post #546 of 2267 Old 03-09-2012, 08:18 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

I hope to be playing some mp tonight, didn't see anyone on at the same time as me last night.

I'll play some with ya! I should be on around 9:30 Central tonight.

Xbox handle: TheRotoman
post #547 of 2267 Old 03-09-2012, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:

Is the start of the Ashes DLC ? I was going to go to it next to find out but thanks to having to redo stuff, I have to wait till tonight .

Yes. Remember, depending who you bring as the 2nd squadmate, you get different comments along the mission and Prothean's first comment is also different.

There are 2 achievements. The achievement for reading 3 terminals cannot be completed if you forget until the last moment before you completed the DLC.
post #548 of 2267 Old 03-09-2012, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

I had to swap AGAIN. I'm already up to 4 swaps, only 9 hours in. I don't even remember which disk I'm on anymore. I'll prob be up to 20 swaps at this rate by the end of the game.

It's nowhere near battlefield or skyrim level of bugginess, but that's not a high bar. It could have used a little more polish.

Still, the SP is so good, it's pretty easy to forgive...but this disc swapping is ridiculous.

It will helpful for someone who already completed ME3 to write a guide on missions that are located on disc 1 and disc 2. Anyone up to the task?
post #549 of 2267 Old 03-09-2012, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 713
how does the MP factor into SP, just got the game from amazon today!!
post #550 of 2267 Old 03-09-2012, 09:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

how does the MP factor into SP, just got the game from amazon today!!

you have a readiness rating for each area of the galaxy, more readiness = more troops in that area to fight the reapers.... playing MP can take you from 50% readiness in each area to 100% readiness.

you can also advance readiness without playing MP, i'm assuming by doing side quests in each sector, but i'm unsure, I've just been playing MP

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
post #551 of 2267 Old 03-09-2012, 11:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd View Post

you have a readiness rating for each area of the galaxy, more readiness = more troops in that area to fight the reapers.... playing MP can take you from 50% readiness in each area to 100% readiness.

you can also advance readiness without playing MP, i'm assuming by doing side quests in each sector, but i'm unsure, I've just been playing MP

I haven't played any MP. I think there are two types of side quests. One type is small assignments occurring at Citadel and other type is quest on the galaxy map. After played several side quests on the galaxy map, most have the chance to "recruit" the survivors to aid in the war. But the entire galactic readiness for me has been stuck at 54% for the past 15 hours of gameplay.

I'm currently at:
Spoiler  

After the Citadel attack by Cerberus.

At this point of the story, Shepard already lost three of ME2 former squadmates. Mordin gave his life. Both Marinda and Thane sent Shepard a message to meet them at Citadel but I never returned to Citadel until after it got attacked. Both disappeared. The way the story unfolds, I think 2-3 more former squadmates could have died depends on Shepard's decisions.

On Normandy, crew deck, there's a memorial stone showing the names of all the fallen crew mates since ME1. As for former crew mates die in ME3, their names will appear on the memorial stone.
post #552 of 2267 Old 03-10-2012, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm at 100% and I've only played mp so far.

xbox live gt

post #553 of 2267 Old 03-10-2012, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Got Quarian Infiltrator last night! BOOYA! Played with sirjonsnow and captainsmokee - both first-timers to MP. Both loved it. Jon and I got through a whole bronze mission with just the two of us - he a quarian engineer, me a quarian infiltrator. Fighting geth of course.

Salarian infiltrator is also tons of fun. Cloak, energy drain, shoot, rinse, repeat. It's awesome for when you need to cloak and run away while shields/health are down. Cloak, energy drain a nerby enemy, and enjoy your new shields .

Still having fun with singleplayer. I'm taking my time, reading everything, trying to explore. Crazy addicting.

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #554 of 2267 Old 03-10-2012, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Got Quarian Infiltrator last night! BOOYA! Played with sirjonsnow and captainsmokee - both first-timers to MP. Both loved it. Jon and I got through a whole bronze mission with just the two of us - he a quarian engineer, me a quarian infiltrator. Fighting geth of course.

Salarian infiltrator is also tons of fun. Cloak, energy drain, shoot, rinse, repeat. It's awesome for when you need to cloak and run away while shields/health are down. Cloak, energy drain a nerby enemy, and enjoy your new shields .

Still having fun with singleplayer. I'm taking my time, reading everything, trying to explore. Crazy addicting.

after I got my quarian infiltrator it's pretty much the only class I've used, helps that I also got the widow sniper rifle in the same spectre pack

xbox live gt

post #555 of 2267 Old 03-10-2012, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the red worm View Post

I'm at 100% and I've only played mp so far.

How many sessions of 100% wave completition did you have you have to play to get 100% galactic readiness?

Bioware said it's possible to reach 100%? without any MP. Or is Bioware saying it will very difficult to do it in single player? I have been trying to complete every mission that pops up in the galaxy map but it's just weird it's stuck at 54% for most time.

Looking at the achievements that have to do with MP, it takes more efforts like complete more single player missions than MP session to get the achievements.

I have played MP a few times and personally, I just don't really like it if it's the only quick way to raise the galactic readiness percentage.

Since the MP results are stored in EA server, is the MP scores sharable with multiple Gamertags? I have two Gamertags linked to the same EA account. I played a few sessions of MP on Gamertag "2". That was about the same time I saw my Gamertag "1" Galactic Readliness got to 54%. Gamertag "2" is also 54%. But I haven't played any MP since. Maybe I should play another MP on Gamertag "2" to see if it effects Gamertag "1" percentage.

Note: About the bug storing ME3 game saves on Cloud Storage, my Gamertag "2" has Gold Live. The game saves were okay being stored on Cloud until I moved it to local hard drive so that I can backup the file externally. After that everytime I move the game saves file back to local, USB or Cloud, the moment ME3 game starts, it erases the game saves. My Gamertag "1" game saves that never have Cloud is okay.

Update:
Last night, my Galactic Readiness was 54% for both Gamertags. Just loaded up the game and both showing Galactic Readiness downgraded to 53%. Is the percentage has to with how Multiplayer online is currently doing?
post #556 of 2267 Old 03-10-2012, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Finally finished Arrival this morning and starting ME3 - noticed that Adm. Hackett's scar moved from one side of his face to the other.

ETA - and now after the Mars mission, his scar has moved back to the right side!
post #557 of 2267 Old 03-10-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3D View Post

Last night, my Galactic Readiness was 54% for both Gamertags. Just loaded up the game and both showing Galactic Readiness downgraded to 53%. Is the percentage has to with how Multiplayer online is currently doing?

The Galactic Readiness will decay over time.
post #558 of 2267 Old 03-10-2012, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 35
From what I am reading now Galactic Readiness does not determine the end game but the Effective Military Strength bar which you can see at a terminal in game.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/39560/want-the-...tic-readiness/

'Once they're on board, races and factions contribute their warriors, fleets and so forth to your War Assets total, which in turn feeds into your Effective Military Strength. The higher the EMS, the more likely you are to administer said jolly good stuffing.

"Focus on that bar," says Bioware's Jarett Lee (via Beefjack) "That is your indicator of how well you will do in the end-game." Your Galactic Readiness percentage greases the axles, but doesn't power the motor: it simply multiplies your EMS total, letting you short-cut the minimum number of War Assets required for victory. Get 100 per cent War Assets, and you needn't bother with multiplayer at all - especially as there are more War Assets available in the galaxy than are necessary for optimum campaign completion."

"In summary: "EMS = success. EMS can be maximized via collecting war assets alone, even if your Galactic Readiness is 50%." Phew."

And
http://www.shacknews.com/article/728...lation-to-the#

""Effective Military Strength" is the statistic that determines a player's success during Mass Effect 3's end-game. Collecting "War Assets" during the single-player campaign boosts this rating. Furthermore, there are more assets that can be collected than are necessary, but a certain threshold must be reached to get the "best" ending.

"Galactic Readiness," on the other hand, isn't even impacted by the single-player campaign at all, but increasing the stat by playing multiplayer (or Infiltrator) will reduce the number of War Assets one needs to collect in the single-player campaign to be successful.

"If you play a lot of multiplayer, you will need less War Assets from single-player to fill up your [Effective Military Strength] bar (i.e. it will balance out the requirements to account for you playing in both modes)," senior marketing manager Jarrett Lee states.

In summary, "Effective Military Strength" is the stat that determines Mass Effect 3's end-game proceedings, and it's a stat that "can be maximized via collecting War Assets alone, even if your Galactic Readiness is 50%.""
post #559 of 2267 Old 03-10-2012, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post

The Galactic Readiness will decay over time.

How does it measure when the Galactic Readiness to delay, internal clock, total hours of gameplay? All I saw is mine delayed by 1% overnight. Hopefully not internal clock because it would suck if you don't play ME3 for a while and your Galactic Readiness delayed so much when you continue.

As for Multiplayer Galactic Readiness, the percentage is based on email address linked to EA server which means you can have multiple Gamertags including friends to share the same Galactic Readiness. Can be handy if for a group of ME3 players, having one player who loves MP to build up the score for other players who only play single player.

I read about EMS. Are the war assets collected when Normandy scanning the star systems? I have found fuel and stuff when scanning around.

IGN has good EMS guide:
http://www.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-3/Endings
It doesn't reveal any spoiler until you click on the ending related to each level of EMS.
post #560 of 2267 Old 03-10-2012, 12:50 PM

I'm not sure exactly how they determine it, but I believe it has to do with time away from MP. If you didn't play MP for a week for example, the decay might be strong enough to wipe out all your progress.
post #561 of 2267 Old 03-10-2012, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3D View Post

How does it measure when the Galactic Readiness to delay, internal clock, total hours of gameplay? All I saw is mine delayed by 1% overnight. Hopefully not internal clock because it would suck if you don't play ME3 for a while and your Galactic Readiness delayed so much when you continue.

i'm at 100% from multiplayer since day 1, every day i log on my readiness is 97%, so for me it's dropping 3% in maybe 8 or 12 hours.

still no asari adept or carnifex for me. but i'm pleasantly surprised at how much ass i can kick with an asari vangard and the geth plasma shotgun... that may be my favorite weapon in the game.

fun class setups:

asari vangard w/ geth plasma shotgun (before that i was using the disciple)... surprisingly, i almost never use stasis, but i do have it 6/6 with bubble... just shotgunning with an occasional grenade, charge->shotgun takes care of most anything fairly easily (emphasis on weapon damage after charge)

drell adept w/ phalanx (or your fav hipo pistol)... low barrier but insane maneuverability and movement speed, pull/cluster grenade is hilarious.

quarian infiltrator - i was rolling mantis but switched it up and now i'm rolling geth plasma shotgun... sabotage is 6/6, as is cloak with an emphasis on extending the time you're cloaked... the plasma shotgun does more damage than the mantis, and cloak firing up close is fun... also enough cloak to cap objectives or revive anyone. Strong against geth obviously, but the plasma shotgun actually does better in rounds with organics, so the class is kind of balanced for any situation.

turian soldier - pick your highest damage and lowest accuracy assault rifle (revenant isnt terrible, but i haven't gotten anything stronger yet) and go to town shooting laser-beam bullets using marksman... crazy how much the skill improves the accuracy... not being able to roll sucks and will most likely get you killed on higher levels though, turian sentinel would have more survivability with tech armor.

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
post #562 of 2267 Old 03-10-2012, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Anyone get to Rannoch yet? This part is just stupid annoying.

Spoiler  
Painting the reaper with the laser targeting thing with no cover is horrible.

I've died 10 times in a row with no progress on it.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #563 of 2267 Old 03-10-2012, 11:12 PM

Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

Anyone get to Rannoch yet? This part is just stupid annoying.

Spoiler  
Painting the reaper with the laser targeting thing with no cover is horrible.

I've died 10 times in a row with no progress on it.

It's simple as hell once you realize:
Spoiler  
You don't have to get the shot off all at once. Meaning; pull the trigger for a couple of seconds, then let go, wait for the enemy to shoot, roll away, pull trigger again. After 2-3 pulls, you'll get the shot off. You'll see the "beam" coming closer and closer together with each pull. Cover isn't necessary at all once you get past thinking you have to do it all at once.

Hope that makes sense. If not, let me know and I'll elaborate further.
post #564 of 2267 Old 03-10-2012, 11:19 PM

Oh yeah, forgot to mention...JUST FINISHED THE CAMPAIGN!

Looks like it's time for a little MP, though I'm sure that will be a letdown after the great story in SP.
post #565 of 2267 Old 03-11-2012, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

For those who play multiplayer, I found a list of all items you can get from packs and their level of rarity:

Spoiler  

Consumable Common (Blue)
- Cobra Missile Launcher (more in Veteran/Spectre packs.)
- Thermal Clip Pack (more in Veteran/Spectre packs.)
- Ops Survival Pack (more in Veteran/Spectre packs.)
- Medi-Gel (more in Veteran/Spectre packs.)
- Ammo Bonus Items (Level 1 in Recruit/Level 2 in Veteran/Level 3 in Spectre)
- Weapon Bonus Items (Level 1 in Recruit/Level 2 in Veteran/Level 3 in Spectre)
- Armor Bonus Items (Level 1 in Recruit/Level 2 in Veteran/Level 3 in Spectre)

Common (Blue)
- M-3 Predator
- M-23 Katana
- M-4 Shuriken
- M-92 Mantis
- M-8 Avenger
- SMG Scope
- Pistol Scope
- Pistol High-Caliber Barrel
- Assault Rifle Percision Scope
- Assault Rifle Magazine Upgrade
- Sniper Rifle Spare Thermal Clip
- Shotgun Smart Choke
- Shotgun High Caliber Barrel
- Shotgun Blade Attachment
- Human Characters

Uncommon (Silver)
- M-5 Phalanx
- M-22 Eviscerator
- M-9 Tempest
- M-12 Locust
- M-13 Raptor
- M-27 Scimitar
- M-97 Viper
- M-29 Incisor
- M-96 Mattock
- M-15 Vindicator
- Phaeston
- SMG Ultralight Materials
- Pistol Piercing Mod
- Assault Rifle Stability Damper
- Sniper Rifle Extended Barrel
- Sniper Rifle Enhanced Scope
- Shotgun Shredder Mod
- Turian Soldier
- Salarian Engineer
- Turian Sentinel
- Quarian Infiltrator
- Asari Vanguard
- Drell Adept

Rare (Gold)
- Consumable Item Capacity Increases
- Respec Card
- M-25 Hornet
- M-6 Carnifex
- Geth Pulse Rifle
- Geth Pulse Shotgun
- M-300 Claymore
- M-98 Widow
- Arc Pistol
- Disciple
- Graal Spike Thrower
- M-37 Falcon
- M-76 Revenant
- Collector Assault Rifle* (color is gold, but you have to have a code to unlock)
- Asari Adept
- Krogan Soldier
- Krogan Sentinel
- Quarian Engineer
- Salarian Infiltrator
- Drell Vanguard

Ultra Rare (Black/N7)
- Black Widow
- M-358 Talon
- M-99 Saber
- M-77 Paladin
- M-11 Wraith
- Javelin
- Scorpion

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #566 of 2267 Old 03-11-2012, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I got an Asari Vanguard in a recruit pack. I had about 16000 credits and decided to get a recruit pack to see if I could pick up some medigel or rockets and I came away with the character. So don't discount recruit packs.
post #567 of 2267 Old 03-11-2012, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

For those who play multiplayer, I found a list of all items you can get from packs and their level of rarity:

Spoiler  

Consumable Common (Blue)
- Cobra Missile Launcher (more in Veteran/Spectre packs.)
- Thermal Clip Pack (more in Veteran/Spectre packs.)
- Ops Survival Pack (more in Veteran/Spectre packs.)
- Medi-Gel (more in Veteran/Spectre packs.)
- Ammo Bonus Items (Level 1 in Recruit/Level 2 in Veteran/Level 3 in Spectre)
- Weapon Bonus Items (Level 1 in Recruit/Level 2 in Veteran/Level 3 in Spectre)
- Armor Bonus Items (Level 1 in Recruit/Level 2 in Veteran/Level 3 in Spectre)

Common (Blue)
- M-3 Predator
- M-23 Katana
- M-4 Shuriken
- M-92 Mantis
- M-8 Avenger
- SMG Scope
- Pistol Scope
- Pistol High-Caliber Barrel
- Assault Rifle Percision Scope
- Assault Rifle Magazine Upgrade
- Sniper Rifle Spare Thermal Clip
- Shotgun Smart Choke
- Shotgun High Caliber Barrel
- Shotgun Blade Attachment
- Human Characters

Uncommon (Silver)
- M-5 Phalanx
- M-22 Eviscerator
- M-9 Tempest
- M-12 Locust
- M-13 Raptor
- M-27 Scimitar
- M-97 Viper
- M-29 Incisor
- M-96 Mattock
- M-15 Vindicator
- Phaeston
- SMG Ultralight Materials
- Pistol Piercing Mod
- Assault Rifle Stability Damper
- Sniper Rifle Extended Barrel
- Sniper Rifle Enhanced Scope
- Shotgun Shredder Mod
- Turian Soldier
- Salarian Engineer
- Turian Sentinel
- Quarian Infiltrator
- Asari Vanguard
- Drell Adept

Rare (Gold)
- Consumable Item Capacity Increases
- Respec Card
- M-25 Hornet
- M-6 Carnifex
- Geth Pulse Rifle
- Geth Pulse Shotgun
- M-300 Claymore
- M-98 Widow
- Arc Pistol
- Disciple
- Graal Spike Thrower
- M-37 Falcon
- M-76 Revenant
- Collector Assault Rifle* (color is gold, but you have to have a code to unlock)
- Asari Adept
- Krogan Soldier
- Krogan Sentinel
- Quarian Engineer
- Salarian Infiltrator
- Drell Vanguard

Ultra Rare (Black/N7)
- Black Widow
- M-358 Talon
- M-99 Saber
- M-77 Paladin
- M-11 Wraith
- Javelin
- Scorpion

awesome!

xbox live gt

post #568 of 2267 Old 03-11-2012, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Don't consider this spoilerish: On the Normandy, talking the doctor implied that if you were Renegade your scars might come back - as in ME2. Will that happen and, if yes, is there a way to remove the scars like in ME2?
post #569 of 2267 Old 03-11-2012, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Good question. Jean-Luc Shepard is too goody-goody to ever choose a renegade answer. Will be interested in knowing for my next playthrough though

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #570 of 2267 Old 03-11-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

Don't consider this spoilerish: On the Normandy, talking the doctor implied that if you were Renegade your scars might come back - as in ME2. Will that happen and, if yes, is there a way to remove the scars like in ME2?

Couldn't tell you either. My Shepard is the living epitome of Paragon...at least this time around. I have one good Sheepherder and one that's pure bad-ass-kick-you-in-the-croth-total-bitch from each of the games.

(Yes, my Shepards are always a total babe that not only saves the galaxy, but hooks up with other hot chicks...besides, who the hell wants to look at a dude's ass the entire game? )

Also, looking forward to seeing if my SP assets factor into MP. I got EVERY SINGLE ASSET!
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page