post #631 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 10:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 1354
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Some of the side quests are pretty interesting and fill in story gaps or expand upon things casually mentioned along the way. Some don't. Either way, it's not as bad as Oblivion's FedEx quests, such as hunting down a drinking goblet for some random dude in a bar or some people's never-ending quest for "that perfect weapon" in Borderlands.

Sure, for the few story based side quests I've done so far, the ones that show up in the galaxy map....they've been good.

The difference between a fetch quest in ME and elder scrolls is that in ES, to complete the quest you generally have to travel through a world where you will find and encounter genuinely interesting things, often completely unrelated to the quest, because it's a fully realized world. Being sent to a system to scan a planet and bring some gizmo you don't even see back is just a glorified menu UI. The problem with the mako was also that the planets had nothing interesting on them either.

IMO, if you can't make something worthwhile, it's better not to have it at all. Filler just dilutes what's special about a game.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
One of the devs said there should be more content than required to get the best possible ending.

Question about the Asari (besides the fact I didn't realize that was Jokers homeworld)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Did anyone authorize her getting the gun back? I keep skipping that in my Spectre terminal as it seems like a bad idea. She is also no longer at the hospital but it seems I can still authorize it. Just curious what happens.

Oh and did anyone NOT in a "relationship" with Liara get to talk to the Martriarch at the bar near where Liara was sitting on the Citadel? An friend of mine did not get that but did get to talk to another old friend from ME2 that I did not have dinner with. I am curious if he just missed it or if it is related to who you are friendly with.
post #633 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 10:25 AM

Liked: 10
The end of Mass Effect 3 is right up there with the end of Lost, in that it's so terrible it has tainted my entire view of the series, and has left me with no desire to play/see the events again.
post #634 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpburk2 View Post

The end of Mass Effect 3 is right up there with the end of Lost, in that it's so terrible it has tainted my entire view of the series, and has left me with no desire to play/see the events again.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...ndex/9727423/1 (spoiler link)

post #635 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

This is my fear. I guess I will see if I agree when I get there. And it seems I am playing more MP then I would have to prevent myself from getting there anytime soon.
post #636 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHDTVDiet View Post

One of the devs said there should be more content than required to get the best possible ending.

Question about the Asari (besides the fact I didn't realize that was Jokers homeworld)
Spoiler  
Did anyone authorize her getting the gun back? I keep skipping that in my Spectre terminal as it seems like a bad idea. She is also no longer at the hospital but it seems I can still authorize it. Just curious what happens.

Oh and did anyone NOT in a "relationship" with Liara get to talk to the Martriarch at the bar near where Liara was sitting on the Citadel? An friend of mine did not get that but did get to talk to another old friend from ME2 that I did not have dinner with. I am curious if he just missed it or if it is related to who you are friendly with.

Spoiler  
I authorized the gun for the Asari and nothing happened.

I was not in a relationship with Liara and talked to the Asari at the bar who turned out to be Liara's father. No clue what triggered it; it could have been a discussion from ME2, but I don't remember.
post #637 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threefiddie View Post

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...ndex/9727423/1 (spoiler link)

I like the ideas presented in that link, but they seem like nothing more than theories made by people who aren't willing to accept what really happened. These games never really beat around the bush and made us think, so why start now?
post #638 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

I like the ideas presented in that link, but they seem like nothing more than theories made by people who aren't willing to accept what really happened. These games never really beat around the bush and made us think, so why start now?

Spoiler  

This is the way I see it (and I think I can state this without providing any kind of spoilers). Imagine the original "Star Wars" trilogy. You're at the pivotal moment in Return of the Jedi where the Emperor is blasting Luke with his dark side lightning. Suddenly, the screen goes blank! After a few seconds, Luke appears in the center of the screen, surrounded by a beam of light! He seems to be alone. The ghost of Salacious Crumb appears before him, claims that HE is the true power behind the entire galaxy, and offers Luke three choices:

1. He can choose to die, and he will then (magically) control the Death Star and the Empire for all time. Also, for no apparent reason, this choice will destroy the hyper drives of all vehicles in the galaxy, potentially leaving everyone he knows stranded in whatever star system they are currently in.

2. He can choose to live, and the Death Star and all agents of the Empire will immediately be destroyed/die. As an added arbitrary bonus, this choice will also destroy all robots in the galaxy (so long, R2! See you in hell, 3PO!). And don't forget, Luke, you're part robot yourself. No further explanation of this choice will be forthcoming.

3. Some other choice with equally odd and arbitrary selections in which the outcome may/may not kill everyone you know, but could very well stop the Emperor.

Mass Effect 3's ending is no better.
post #639 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Though I agree, I still think you should put some spoiler tags since those options hit too close to the ME3 home.

Spoiler  
I find the absolute worst thing is that the relays got destroyed in each ending. I don't care who lives and dies, the destruction of the relays makes everything pointless. The only people who can end up happy are Joker and EDI (as long as you don't kill the synthetics). I would have even been fine with the destruction of the relays after they made sure each alien race made it to their home planets...but that didn't happen. Everyone is stuck.
post #640 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
I'm confusing as of which EMS number that leads to which ending.

At the War console in Normandy, there are:
Completed with Total Military Strength = xxxx
Readiness Rating = yy%
Effective Military Strength = zzzz

What I have:
Spoiler  

The first time I got:
Completed with Total Military Strength = 5033
Readiness Rating = 57%
Effective Military Strength = 2868

The 1st time, I chose the middle beams because I didn't know about the two side covered panels (blue and brown/red) and the ending was the Synergy, Anderson and Shepard both died.

Then, played several MP sessions to see what happens if my Readiness rating is higher. Now I have:
Completed with Total Military Strength = 5033 (same)
Readiness Rating = 71%
Effective Military Strength = 3573

This time I went to the right panels (brown/red) and destroyed it. It blasted red beams throughout the galaxy Mass Relays. Anderson died and I think Shepard also died because there was not cutscene Shepard came back to live. At the Stargazer cutscene, I thought the kid called Stargazer, Shepard (if I heard correctly).

Questions,
1. Is the important number above that determines the ending the "zzzz"? If so, I'm still stuck at Synergy ending since it requires 2800. Both following endings require 4000 or 5000 according to IGN ending requirement cheat sheet.
2. If my ending in #1 is Synergy, then what ending did I see on the 2nd time after increased some "yyyy"?
3. I guess I have to keep playing MP which I sucked (takes me a lot of sessions to increase some readiness percentage) which means I have to get Readiness to 99.9% to be able to get the final ending that requires EMS to be 5000.

I don't know if anyone can help to MP. I don't play shooters very often. I do my part in the MP sessions, kill and assist but at the end of most sessions, I'm usually the lowest rated player and way behind the next player. I guess I'm not very aggressive player because other players usually get most of the kills. To get 99.9% readiness from 71%, I'll probably need to play another 50-100 MP sessions. Does anyone isn't into shooter feels like this? Just can't compete in MP to earn many points?
post #641 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

I still think you should put some spoiler tags.

Added the spoiler tag.
post #642 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3D View Post

Readiness Rating = yy%

What I have:
Spoiler  

The first time I got:
Readiness Rating = 57%

The 1st time, I chose the middle beams because I didn't know about the two side covered panels (blue and brown/red) and the ending was the Synergy, Anderson and Shepard both died.

Then, played several MP sessions to see what happens if my Readiness rating is higher. Now I have:
Readiness Rating = 71%

This time I went to the right panels (brown/red) and destroyed it. It blasted red beams throughout the galaxy Mass Relays. Anderson died and I think Shepard also died because there was not cutscene Shepard came back to live. At the Stargazer cutscene, I thought the kid called Stargazer, Shepard (if I heard correctly).

Questions,
1. Is the important number above that determines the ending the "zzzz"? If so, I'm still stuck at Synergy ending since it requires 2800. Both following endings require 4000 or 5000 according to IGN ending requirement cheat sheet.
2. If my ending in #1 is Synergy, then what ending did I see on the 2nd time after increased some "yyyy"?
3. I guess I have to keep playing MP which I sucked (takes me a lot of sessions to increase some readiness percentage) which means I have to get Readiness to 99.9% to be able to get the final ending that requires EMS to be 5000.

I don't know if anyone can help to MP. I don't play shooters very often. I do my part in the MP sessions, kill and assist but at the end of most sessions, I'm usually the lowest rated player and way behind the next player. I guess I'm not very aggressive player because other players usually get most of the kills. To get 99.9% readiness from 71%, I'll probably need to play another 50-100 MP sessions. Does anyone isn't into shooter feels like this? Just can't compete in MP to earn many points?

try different classes, I'd say some work better than others
post #643 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I just realized it. Shepard = Lycos.

Seriously that's all I'm doing for most of the sidemissions. It's fun the first time. By my 5th play.. IDK.

MP isn't underwhelming at all. It's fun, relaxing, and highly rewarding, if playing with the right people
post #644 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Would if I knew how, so I guess I'll just erase it.

[.spoiler]blah blah blah text[/spoiler]

Just remove the period before the first "spoiler"
post #645 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:

Readiness Rating = yy%

What I have:
* SPOILER *

Every successfully completed MP session should raise readiness by 3-5%, regardless of your personal score.
post #646 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Readiness Rating = yy%

What I have:
Spoiler  

The first time I got:
Readiness Rating = 57%

Readiness Rating = 71%

Questions,

Getting the most kills in this game isnt necessary you just need to support well. So do SOME damage to as many enemies as you can, revive your teammates, try to help complete some goals and you should rank up pretty quick. (playing engineer with drone/turret or something with Statis should help you help your team).

No way it should take 50-100MP sessions. I mean they are about a half hour a piece if you get to the end of each and I have not played that many and I keep mine pegged at 100%
post #647 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the red worm View Post

try different classes, I'd say some work better than others

Since the ME3 demo, I tried most of the classes, but never any good in any of them. I'm currently doing slightly better with Adept. When playing single player, I use RB to freeze frame to decide how to attack 90% of the time. Never any good in realtime shooting.
post #648 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHDTVDiet View Post

Getting the most kills in this game isnt necessary you just need to support well. So do SOME damage to as many enemies as you can, revive your teammates, try to help complete some goals and you should rank up pretty quick. (playing engineer with drone/turret or something with Statis should help you help your team).

No way it should take 50-100MP sessions. I mean they are about a half hour a piece if you get to the end of each and I have not played that many and I keep mine pegged at 100%

Reviving teammates is tough. If I run to them, I usually ended up dead. If I try to take out the nearby enemies first, the down teammate ends up dead or someone else revived them first. Just going from 50% to 71%, I think I must have played 25+ sessions. I found it's often harder now because many sessions are now Silver which I never successfully completed the whole session before everyone ends up dead. That's why I think it will take me another 50+ sessions if luck to get to 99% readiness. Telling you the truth, MP is way too fast for me especially I can't freeze the screen to select how to attack. I'm the type of player who sees enemies, freeze the screen to think what to do one by one, then players that go ahead and start blasting and still be standing. Is there a "room" dedicated for the slow players?
post #649 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Reviving teammates is tough. If I run to them, I usually ended up dead. If I try to take out the nearby enemies first, the down teammate ends up dead or someone else revived them first. Just going from 50% to 71%, I think I must have played 25+ sessions. I found it's often harder now because many sessions are now Silver which I never successfully completed the whole session before everyone ends up dead. That's why I think it will take me another 50+ sessions if luck to get to 99% readiness. Telling you the truth, MP is way too fast for me especially I can't freeze the screen to select how to attack. I'm the type of player who sees enemies, freeze the screen to think what to do one by one, then players that go ahead and start blasting and still be standing. Is there a "room" dedicated for the slow players?

Yeah I would set your search settings up so you only play on bronze. Though if you play a few on silver it will make bronze seem slower. Also, you may want to see if you can get some of these AVS guys to play on your team. If everyone has mics they can give you tips on how you can best support the team.
post #650 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 333
You can always lock the game type session to your play style. Stick with Bronze if you are having trouble keeping up. Pick the engineer to go against the Geth. Carry a couple of hand guns so that you can just spam your powers over and over.
post #651 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Vortex3D, do you have an iPhone or an iPad? You can use the Mass Effect app to rank each area up 2-3% per day with about three minutes of time put into it if you only play the big missions over and over (you'd only need to log in every eight or so hours.)
post #652 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

Vortex3D, do you have an iPhone or an iPad? You can use the Mass Effect app to rank each area up 2-3% per day with about three minutes of time put into it if you only play the big missions over and over (you'd only need to log in every eight or so hours.)

Nope. Personally I think the MP integration with single player is stupid. If you are good with MP, you easily raise the readiness quickly which increases the EMS. What happens after ME3 is out for a year later. MP probably wouldn't be as popular or EA shuts down the ME servers or players without Live connection?

That's okay that I can't get the "best" ending. What's important is the single player story and gameplay. I already seen the endings at YouTube.
post #653 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:

Nope. Personally I think the MP integration with single player is stupid. If you are good with MP, you easily raise the readiness quickly which increases the EMS. What happens after ME3 is out for a year later. MP probably wouldn't be as popular or EA shuts down the ME servers or players without Live connection?

That's okay that I can't get the "best" ending. What's important is the single player story and gameplay. I already seen the endings at YouTube.

it's not like you are missing a thing if you don't do the extras. 1 split second of a cutscene ain't gonna hurt you and you CAN get enough ems in single player for every thing

post #654 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

I disagree, you don't have to be good at MP, you're six MP wins from 100%. You could literally join a full game on bronze and die immediately every round and hit 100% with ease tonight.

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
post #655 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

Every successfully completed MP session should raise readiness by 3-5%, regardless of your personal score.

The whole 'successfully completed' thing seems random. Due to ineptness I was KO'd a few times in my first match, but the guys I'd randomly played with not only revived me, but knew what to do to win. The second match, no rescue from a different group, then they ignored the countdown to activate the 4 locations and the match ended abruptly. It's hard to be mad since I'm not holding up my end well yet, but it looks like 200 sessions might be required if my second match is common.

If there were health packs lying around, MP would be better. I *can* use the sniper rifle fairly well...

LIVE: mikepaul
PSN: mikewpaul
post #656 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 05:26 PM

Liked: 123
Guys, guys. Calm down. MP and Galaxy Readiness literally do NOTHING AT ALL for the SP game. If you're like me and love the SP, just play the campaign and do enjoy all the side quests and completely ignore the MP. It WILL be enough if you even just do a majority of the quests.

Granted, you won't get the cheevo for 100%, but that's all you'll be missing out on.
post #657 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 142
I don't know about any of the endings or anything like that, but I have to wonder if future DLC will improve the chances of getting the best one.

And I also wonder if it's anything like ME2 where starting a new game with your completed game character gives you more assets.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #658 of 2267 Old 03-14-2012, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Guys, guys. Calm down. MP and Galaxy Readiness literally do NOTHING AT ALL for the SP game. If you're like me and love the SP, just play the campaign and do enjoy all the side quests and completely ignore the MP. It WILL be enough if you even just do a majority of the quests.

Granted, you won't get the cheevo for 100%, but that's all you'll be missing out on.

I think you are right. After played many more MP sessions (with many good teams), my EMS went from 2800+ (57% readiness) to 4200+ (85% readiness). The endings with 3 different choices for me are always the same and disagreed with IGN endings EMS requirement guide.

Spoiler  

My Shepard and Anderson always die. I do get to shoot Illusive Man if I choose the Renegade response at one point. Shepard is always given the same 3 choices: Control Repears (Blue), combine organics and synthetics (green) or Destroy Reapers (Red), and the conclusion cutscenes always played out the same way.

IGN ending guide said it's possible to save Shepard and Anderson. What factor are they based on?

My personal favorite ending is (green) which is Synergy because EDI is alive and presume Geth allies are also alive since other two choices seem to suggest all synthetic lives are destroyed. With synthetic part of every organic life DNA, there isn't the need to create pure synthetic nor being pure synthetic life easily being controlled by other life. Even Joker has the hope to be fixed. Shepard being dead becomes a large legend, the human who's a galactic peace maker, stopped the repears and saved every species life (and enhanced organic life).
post #659 of 2267 Old 03-15-2012, 05:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 1354
So I've got a full green bar, even though I seemingly have more critical path missions ahead of me. It doesn't seem like I have an option to cut the story short or anything, but there are a few side quests I haven't done yet either. I wanna do it all. So...

Does the final mission just happen when it's time, or is it something you intentionally embark on like the suicide mission in me2? And full green bar means "best" ending, right?

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #660 of 2267 Old 03-15-2012, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 60
If you hit Y when looking at your war assets, you'll see your "chances." Even with a full green bar and 100% readiness, it still said my chances were poor. After a while, that has now changed to even. I just completed .
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page