Mass effect 3 - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 05:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Great games last night with link smokiee and snow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I didn't know until last night that Public matches had a voting system that can kick people out. My stats were too lowly for one group to allow me to play. The one group I did play with got annoyed that I kept getting knocked out, but unless there's a huge stat boost in one of those packs sold in the store I have to be allowed to play to get better. I haven't plugged my mic in lately since my language gets bad when 1-shot kills from nowhere kill me in cover, so asking for tips isn't possible.

We got to Wave 9, but didn't make it. I gained another level and got enough credits to buy some more supplies, but I'm thinking about paying real Points for at least one Spectre pack just to see if it helps. It's annoying that I'll again have to hope that I'm allowed to play with people far above my level, but maybe I'll stumble across other groups who aren't picky...

LIVE: mikepaul
PSN: mikewpaul
post #723 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I need help tonight with the brute silver mission in mp. Couldn't find a decent team last night to save my life. So ended up leveling some misc. Specs.

Xbox handle: TheRotoman
post #724 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 81
I'd help you out tonight if it wasn't St. Patrick's day - if I make it home it'll only be to immediately collapse into bed.
post #725 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

So I've got a romance storyline question:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
My male Shep hooked up with Miranda in ME2. When you meet her again in ME3, if you tell her that "Nothing's changed" between them, does that prevent you from completing a romance option with Liara or another character? (instead of Miranda).

Also, looks like they had her do to an orthodontist between games LOL
post #726 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

In general, I try to be Paragon to everyone. That will eventually drag you into a romance situation unless you toss in a Renegade comment once in a while. I've played a female Shepard since ME1 and she's only interested in women so I'm careful with male conversations. I'm fairly sure if you pick someone romanceable and ALWAYS say Paragon things, romance will develop.

However, I save before talking to someone just in case I need to undo some mistake. And it's annoying to find out that earning a bonus power isn't really part of the saved game. I unlocked one from James after using a Renegade comment, then tried again to be full Paragon, and thought I'd screwed something up when the power didn't unlock again. Several tries later, I simply reloaded before that conversation and discovered that the power was still unlocked before I talked to him. Stuff like that just annoys me.

Of course, I'm willing to buy armor, unlock an Achievement, then reload to not have wasted the money. I'm no idiot...

post #727 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes, but my question is because there are some "locked-in" events where then other love interests will be closed. Since the one I'm asking about happens very early I just want to make sure that this isn't one of those events and that I'll still be free to make my decision later.
post #728 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

jon, not sure. I stayed true to liara.

Just finished the game. Feels weird to be done with it, but I still have at least three more playthroughs.
post #729 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

Yes, but my question is because there are some "locked-in" events where then other love interests will be closed. Since the one I'm asking about happens very early I just want to make sure that this isn't one of those events and that I'll still be free to make my decision later.

Oh, OK. Focus on one person early does seem important. I can't figure out how I missed a romance with Kelly in ME2, but I was still turning down Garrus after the ending at the same time I was supposed to be able to finish with Kelly. Never did figure out if being Renegade to everyone else would have cleared the way for Kelly, but that one Achievement wasn't all that important.

I romanced Liara in ME1, didn't cheat on her in ME2 due to ineptness, and am TRYING to get her back now. EVERY response is Paragon just to be sure. Hopefully I don't do something that ticks her off. I keep seeing my Renegade growing despite what I pick in conversational responses, so not every fight is 'good'. I'll just have to hope for the best myself, and wish you luck...

post #730 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Turns out you buy enough Spectre packs, you too can be a Krogan with a Widow sniper rifle. No idea if a tough character with a good gun can compensate for my ineptness, but I'll give it a shot. I do have two health packs plus a bunch for future rounds, but it would be nice if my teammates would help me up just like I'd do for them...

post #731 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepaul View Post

Turns out you buy enough Spectre packs, you too can be a Krogan with a Widow sniper rifle. No idea if a tough character with a good gun can compensate for my ineptness, but I'll give it a shot. I do have two health packs plus a bunch for future rounds, but it would be nice if my teammates would help me up just like I'd do for them...

You're welcome to play with me and my friends, we're patient and have "taught" a few newbs how to play. I'll add you today.

Ran 5 or 6 reaper silver's last night, me and a friend with 2 other newbs or randoms, no losses

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
post #732 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

IMO, there's no reason to purchase packs with MSP. Just play the game, and even if you suck, you'll get enough credits for stuff.

btw I tried the approach of buying only recruit packs. Seems to be working OK, but I think it's time to move on to vet packs now - three packs in a row I unlocked character training and that was it. No guns, no mods, etc. So maybe I'm just about at the point where I should switch over.

Ending talk:
Spoiler  

Ending was OK. I don't know why people are so pissed TBH. It was somewhat underwhelming, sure, but the way I see it, it did a decent job of closing up shop on the story. The president of Bioware already said this wouldn't be the only story in the Mass Effect universe - so I am not surprised they wanted to leave a lot of loose ends. Personally, I was kinda like "ok, that's it?" but then I thought about the journey to get to that point.

I have no problem starting another playthrough.

I'm on mp right now if anyone wants to join me for some fun. I'm thinking of starting my 2nd playthrough as a full renegade in a little bit though...
post #733 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

It's amazing how crazy one run on Gold can make Silver seem like super duper easy!
post #734 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd View Post

You're welcome to play with me and my friends, we're patient and have "taught" a few newbs how to play. I'll add you today.

Ran 5 or 6 reaper silver's last night, me and a friend with 2 other newbs or randoms, no losses

I'll be playing about 8PM Eastern. Hopefully I'll catch an opening...

post #735 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 03:07 PM

Liked: 123
Quote:

I didn't know until last night that Public matches had a voting system that can kick people out. My stats were too lowly for one group to allow me to play. The one group I did play with got annoyed that I kept getting knocked out, but unless there's a huge stat boost in one of those packs sold in the store I have to be allowed to play to get better. I haven't plugged my mic in lately since my language gets bad when 1-shot kills from nowhere kill me in cover, so asking for tips isn't possible.

We got to Wave 9, but didn't make it. I gained another level and got enough credits to buy some more supplies, but I'm thinking about paying real Points for at least one Spectre pack just to see if it helps. It's annoying that I'll again have to hope that I'm allowed to play with people far above my level, but maybe I'll stumble across other groups who aren't picky...

I know I was hard on you earlier, but I'll try to give you something more useful this time around.

It sounds to me like you're playing this game as a FPS, which, in reality, it isn't...or at least doesn't have to be. Guns, to me, are pretty much take them or leave them. One could easily play the entire series and all of multiplayer without ever firing a single bullet. Powers, on the other hand, are truly where it's at. I carried around nothing but a pistol for most of the game (simply because you must carry a weapon) thus giving me a 200% power reload bonus. Fire off a power, instantly kill an enemy, wait 2 seconds, and move on to obliterating the next. It's also far more useful to completely level up one power than have a bunch of weak ones. Carnage, grenades of any kind, Incinerate, and many others are devastating...and can shoot around corners, cover, etc!

Now, if you want to hang back a bit and use some hiding tactics, the Enigineer's Assault Drone (or whatever it's called) is a nice weapon. Fire it off into a group of enemies and just hang back in cover. You won't get massive kills with it, but you WILL be helping your team. Honestly, multiplayer should be a cakewalk, given that you've got even the most basic or barely capable guys on your team that aren't running off, trying to be heroes or hog all the kills.

As to my earlier comments, please think of it this way: One would hope that you wouldn't support cheating or glitching in a multiplayer versus setup to get an unfair advantage over other people. So, if we are to assume you're a decent person and that is true, why would you cheat yourself on a great game such as Mass Effect? I just hate to see anyone rip themselves off of ENJOYING THE JOURNEY of the game, simply to become a one-shot killing machine so that they can rush through it without challenge.

Given your comments concerning what you believe to be the limitations of your abilities, I can only close by saying that I think maybe you're being too hard on yourself...be confident that you CAN win without cheating, that you CAN contribute to a team effort, and that you CAN overcome this or any other challenge without leaning on the crutches you've used in the past. You can do it!
post #736 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Good post spyder.

When I finish my first play through I may have to try again with only the pistol. Right now I am a soldier and carry almost every type of gun.

Plus I made a big mistake in this play through that I want to change in the next.

James
post #737 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

So I've got a romance storyline question:
Spoiler  
My male Shep hooked up with Miranda in ME2. When you meet her again in ME3, if you tell her that "Nothing's changed" between them, does that prevent you from completing a romance option with Liara or another character? (instead of Miranda).

Also, looks like they had her do to an orthodontist between games LOL

I romanced Miranda in ME2 and ended up romancing Liara in ME3 even though I chose that option with Miranda the first time I talked to her. After romancing Liara, though, I never had the chance to "resume" things with Miranda, though she didn't treat me any differently otherwise.
post #738 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd View Post

I'll be trying to join up with ya later tonight.

Xbox handle: TheRotoman
post #739 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
I still haven't gotten to the end so realize the next comment is for in game and not aimed at the devs due to bad ending

This game really does a good job of making you want to hunt down some people and beat them to death. I don't know, maybe it's just me but some of the "cheep" emotion evoking "tricks" they got going on are working for me. It will be sad if they ruin the story with an actual crappy ending.

Now back to see if I can get to said ending tonight!
post #740 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

As to my earlier comments, please think of it this way: One would hope that you wouldn't support cheating or glitching in a multiplayer versus setup to get an unfair advantage over other people. So, if we are to assume you're a decent person and that is true, why would you cheat yourself on a great game such as Mass Effect? I just hate to see anyone rip themselves off of ENJOYING THE JOURNEY of the game, simply to become a one-shot killing machine so that they can rush through it without challenge.

You come close to understanding: I don't care about MP except that it (apparently) makes the 'best' ending more easily available. There's a disconnect between the SP and MP games, which means the Widow I bought via Spectre packs for MP won't be available in SP, where it'd do me some good.

I have a BUNCH of games where I can't finish them. Wolverine's final battle, Darksiders where I'm in a place with no potions to help, even Tomb Raider: Legend where a dragon in a pond kills me every time I try to do the stupid drop-a-bell-on-it trick you have to pull off 3 times. I dislike spending money on games I CAN'T finish, so if I can find a glitch that boosts my stats (or provides money for better guns) and lets me WIN, I'm OK with that. Really.

So let's talks about some of your suggestions. The character I was running for free (pre-Krogan purchase) didn't kill anything with one power shot, and the stupid assault rifle wasn't very quick about it either. I was trying to gain levels by playing, but found that some folk dislike playing with 'newbies' so that wasn't going to help. So I 'cheated' and bought like 6 Spectre packs, giving me a Krogan with nearly twice the shields my human had, and more power to bash any bad guys I can't shoot in time. I'm taking it out for a test run tonight, and maybe I'll get a chance to play if I'm not voted out for only being at Level 5. Fingers crossed.

So Enjoying The Journey is easy for the competent, but not for everybody. If my new guy needs seasoning, that's OK, I have time. It's not like I'll be playing a lot once I accomplish the end of SP. Kinda like Torchlight offering endless questing once the main quest is over: endless stuff, even stuff you are GOOD at, gets in the way of NEW stuff...

post #741 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exojam View Post

Good post spyder.

When I finish my first play through I may have to try again with only the pistol. Right now I am a soldier and carry almost every type of gun.

Plus I made a big mistake in this play through that I want to change in the next.

James

Since you're carrying all weapons, it's likey your power regen is at -200% or close to it. Once you get the perk that drops the weight of (I forget, it's either the pistol or the sub machine gun) you can carry both while still staying at +200% power regen time. Neither are very good weapons; in fact, I rarely shoot at anything since all guns have drawbacks (slow, inaccurate, or weighty) and bullets do very little damage compared to powers. Yes, yes, the one sniper rifle does do some good damage, even one-shot killing things with no shields or armor, however, it's slow...as...Hell.

Reminds me of Bioshock in some ways. I utilized my powers to the fullest; hitting hordes with swarms of bees first, then wiping them out with a few stray bullets or obiterating groups with electricity. Others would go through the game with guns blazing and without ever using other stuff, complaining about how they ran out of bullets all the time. Odd how different we all can play the same game.

P.S. My only "mistake" (read as: regret) is that
Spoiler  
I couldn't shoot that worthless PoS Kaiden in the head and end his my misery. Gawd, he sucks!
post #742 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:

You come close to understanding: I don't care about MP except that it (apparently) makes the 'best' ending more easily available. There's a disconnect between the SP and MP games, which means the Widow I bought via Spectre packs for MP won't be available in SP, where it'd do me some good.

I have a BUNCH of games where I can't finish them. Wolverine's final battle, Darksiders where I'm in a place with no potions to help, even Tomb Raider: Legend where a dragon in a pond kills me every time I try to do the stupid drop-a-bell-on-it trick you have to pull off 3 times. I dislike spending money on games I CAN'T finish, so if I can find a glitch that boosts my stats (or provides money for better guns) and lets me WIN, I'm OK with that. Really.

So let's talks about some of your suggestions. The character I was running for free (pre-Krogan purchase) didn't kill anything with one power shot, and the stupid assault rifle wasn't very quick about it either. I was trying to gain levels by playing, but found that some folk dislike playing with 'newbies' so that wasn't going to help. So I 'cheated' and bought like 6 Spectre packs, giving me a Krogan with nearly twice the shields my human had, and more power to bash any bad guys I can't shoot in time. I'm taking it out for a test run tonight, and maybe I'll get a chance to play if I'm not voted out for only being at Level 5. Fingers crossed.

So Enjoying The Journey is easy for the competent, but not for everybody. If my new guy needs seasoning, that's OK, I have time. It's not like I'll be playing a lot once I accomplish the end of SP. Kinda like Torchlight offering endless questing once the main quest is over: endless stuff, even stuff you are GOOD at, gets in the way of NEW stuff...

If you're only playing MP to get the "best" ending, stop playing now. That's all I can say about that.

You have some games you can't finish. Have you looked at hints on YouTube? Somewhere else? I have no issue whatsoever with getting clues on how to get through a challenge I've tried multiple times without glitching. Whatever you do, don't play Dark/Demon Souls!

Playing with good squad or an AVS crew will help. Everyone here is very, very good at teamwork and strategy. They are all also pretty damn patient...except for me sometimes. Lots of my firends can attest to that.

Levels matter not to me, nor alot of others. I played a couple of hours with 3 random "noobs" that other day. All of us started out as Level 1 characters and we crushed the Bronze challenge, then Silvers. Again, it's all about the squad and teamwork.

Lastly, I hear you about new stuff. I play alot of games. ALOT. (I'm coming up on 70,000 gamerscore very, very soon. ) While it's fun to get through one game and move on to another, there are rewards in relishing the challenge of mastering one game as well. I'm a whopping 450 hours into BF3, and there's still much to do; medals, maxing out guns, etc.

Good luck to you. Hopefully, you can get with some AVS guys and reach your goal.
post #743 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

4 or 5 incomplete matches, hosted some due to the real host dropping out. Put the headset on: hoping my muttering doesn't bother anybody.

Krogan is slow, but can beat a Turian to death given time. The howling things are another matter completely. What's BAD is finding cover for a Krogan. Even lots of shields seem to dissipate quick enough to have me using all my health stuff. Not sure the Salarian with the invisibility cloak is going to be any better but I might give it a go. Carnage almost filled in, so once that is as high as I can get it I'll go back to armor stuff.

I'll keep trying, since you have to get to Wave 7 or so to improve Galactic readiness. Have to remember what I'm fighting for...

post #744 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If you're only playing MP to get the "best" ending, stop playing now. That's all I can say about that.

I used the link someone else provided, and already know who I doomed already, who is doomed no matter what I do, and who might survive. 'Best' for me is
Spoiler  
the most survivors including Shepard
. That takes prep that I'm willing to invest time in, like in ME2 where my whole crew walked away. My LIVE Avatar wears a Paragon t-shirt for a reason...

post #745 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 08:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
spyder,

Yeah my regen is as low as possible, thats fine by me though since I am having fun. I do not think it is "odd" that people play with different styles, I think it is great the game allows for this, it would be boring if only one style could be used.

James
post #746 of 2267 Old 03-17-2012, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Krogan carrying JUST an Assault rifle gets his Carnage (now maxed) back fairly quickly. Not that any team I was on made it past Wave 10, but them's the breaks...

post #747 of 2267 Old 03-18-2012, 12:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:

Playing with good squad or an AVS crew will help. Everyone here is very, very good at teamwork and strategy. They are all also pretty damn patient...except for me sometimes. Lots of my firends can attest to that.

I have been trying to complete all 11 Waves at Silver difficulty each time even with good teams we all failed at around wave 9-10. Simply asking several friends as a team still isn't enough if none of us are super good at the game at Silver or higher difficulty.

As for creating Live Party, the multiplayer is broken at least earlier. I couldn't get my friend in the party to join in the multiplayer to stay together.

I'll be happy to join any AVS team (Sunday). My best class character has reached Level 20 Adapt. How about we created a Live Party group called AVSTeam. (Is there a way to make the AVSTeam party group visible to the public?) That way anyone who wants to join in can let others know his/her Gamertag. My Gamertag is "Vortex 360D".
post #748 of 2267 Old 03-18-2012, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Most of us share our gamertags, too. Feel free to find us and add us. Did some silver reapers last night. Starting to feel easy
post #749 of 2267 Old 03-18-2012, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hmmm. Never heard of such a thing; either with your no option 4 problem (maybe you just didn't realize how to take that path? I put a hint in the spoiler) nor your option 3. Of course, I would never, ever, in a million years choose Options 2 or 3, since that just seems moronic to me given:
Spoiler  
By going this route, you've effectively negated everything you've done in all 3 games. You're not only dooming the galaxy to repeating the cycle just to save your own ass, but dishonoring the lives of everyone that's died fighting the cause. Not The Shepard Way. Not my way. No way. (OK, that candy-ass Kaiden would probably choose this option. )

To choose Synergy, just go straight, not left or right. Shepard will jump into the light beam, thus giving you that ending.

I got to say I couldnt disagree more
Spoiler  
By choosing Synergy you are taking EVERYONES choice away and remaking the universe in someone elses image.

By destroying the reapers you are achieving the goal you set out to do. You have freed the galaxy of the reaper cycle and it is now up to US (the people of the galaxy) to choose if we will repeat it or not. That some alien race thought that it will always repeat doesn't mean much. I mean we though the protheans knew what the hell they were doing too, but turns out they were just like us. So that some arrogant alien (likely synthetic) race decided that perfection is in the collective doesn't hold much weight with me. We can choose otherwise and at least now we will have the choice. Of course it sucks for EDI and the Geth and I morn them. But then EDI said she would die to protect Jeff and the Geth pretty much choose the Reapers and their own personal self preservation over all the other races too so they really can't fault Sheppard for doing the same. Though its going to be tough facing leigon if we all really do have souls that go to the same heaven. If we don't, well then I just destroyed some hardware, and never again do we have to worrry about the reapers. Will there still be war and chaos, of course, that is apparently part of life. Neither the reapers nor the borg will ever find perfection by destroying diversity of life.
post #750 of 2267 Old 03-18-2012, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3D View Post

Looks like you played a lot of MP to get your EMS to 5000 because your readiness is 100%? Throughout my single player only gameplay, I collected quite a bit of war asset such as scanning planets, found 10/10 lost , helped some people that rewarded in war assets. Since my EMS is still so low, MP must be a very quick way to around it. Even the achievements proved that. I guess without playing MP, it's simply very difficult and time consuming to get EMS to 5000.

Questions about ending:
Spoiler  

Right before Shepard walked into the beam that teleport into Citadel, did Shepard's squadmates died? It was unclear because Anderson said only Shepard and him got into the Citadel.

Not sure about the best ending since I haven't seen it, I assume Normandy tried to outrun the blast from Citadel because the beam is destroying every nearby ships? Since Normandy crashed Normandy at a distance star system and Mass Relays are destroyed, I guess no one on Earth or alien allies know where they are since they have new generations grew up there and asking about star travel. Without Mass Relays, how do the alien allies travel home quickly since most of their battle fleet are at sol system. (Next series, sol system is jammed pack with almost every species from the galaxy.)

I thought the ending was quite good. I can think of plenty poorly made endings in other games. The goal for Shepard was stop the reapers to save Earth and other allies planets. He did that. He knew some of the friends will die along the battle. I thought their deaths were heroic, gave their lives for a purpose. Technically, the story should end with Shepard dead. He has become the legend. Normandy may have crashed but EDI survived in a robotic body. So what is up with the fanbase complaining about wanting Bioware to release a different ending? Do they want to see Shepard's legacy continue flying on Normandy?

Well first
Spoiler  
If the mass relays blew up, per cannon it should have destroyed all life in that system. So Earth or any other planet in a system with a mass relay should be gone anyway.

Also, at least one person on the ship with Joker should have been dead as they were with me in the final battle, how they got on the Normandy is anyones guess. I have no clue what happened to anyone else.

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page