Mass effect 3 - Page 46 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1351 of 2267 Old 05-04-2012, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Sticky grenades are super powerful - IF it sticks on an enemy. Don't depend on them, but I would definitely put 5 points into it and 3 into cryo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 2267 Old 05-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpn75 View Post

I learned that my Infiltrator can fire sticky grenades while cloaked without de-cloaking. I'm thinking of using my respec card to take my points from Cryo Blast and putting into sticky grenades.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't. I have no points in sticky grenades on my human infiltrators. The cryo blast is better for using with cloak as it sets up a tech explosion, slows down the enemy, and almost always hits. The grenades only can set them off...if you hit em with it.

Xbox handle: TheRotoman
post #1353 of 2267 Old 05-04-2012, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoman View Post

I wouldn't. I have no points in sticky grenades on my human infiltrators. The cryo blast is better for using with cloak as it sets up a tech explosion, slows down the enemy, and almost always hits. The grenades only can set them off...if you hit em with it.

This guy has spent more time as a human infiltrator than me, so go with what he said . Though having one grenade may still be good as a fallback...
post #1354 of 2267 Old 05-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

This guy has spent more time as a human infiltrator than me, so go with what he said . Though having one grenade may still be good as a fallback...

I thought that...until you need it and you've already used it. Plus the grenade reload is SO annoying.

The only toon I used grenades with is the asari vanguard because you can set up explosions with stasis and set em off with the grenades.

post #1355 of 2267 Old 05-04-2012, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
OK, thanks for the feedback! I guess I'll just put a few points into sticky grenade for now and see how I like it it. Can't wait to test out my Black Widow rifle tonight!

PSN/XBOX Live: Destro75
BattleNet Tag: BaronessMD#1680

Steam: vpnath

Gaming PC: i7 3770K OC 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Dual-SLI

post #1356 of 2267 Old 05-04-2012, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

You can always promote the class and try again. With humans, you essentially get to try two combinations before having to promote or respec. So play around and see what works for YOU!
post #1357 of 2267 Old 05-04-2012, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Scorpion pistol dropped tonight. Even with the extra ammo V and extended barrel V, it's just not good for me yet. While low-level Cerberus explode with one shot, it's getting that one shot on them or close enough to do the job that often eludes me. That takes aim, which needs work coming off an automatic you can wave around a bit to get the job done. Only when I stagger them with Overload does it really work, but Overload is now delayed due to the heavier-than Phaeston-X pistol, leaving me open to harm.

If upgrades ARE more common than obtaining an item in the first place, I guess it'll get better now that I have it. However, I kinda thought a Javelin would be a better 'get'...

LIVE: mikepaul
PSN: mikewpaul
post #1358 of 2267 Old 05-04-2012, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

A lot of the rare/ultrarare weapons are just too heavy at level I to be useful. Stick to weapons you have X'd out and/or the ones that work best.

Javelin I is a nice pick up, but at 10 shots, you'll be running to ammo crates a lot. I'm hoping the level X Javelin is more like 20, but I won't know till a year from now the way things are going!
post #1359 of 2267 Old 05-04-2012, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
loaded my game up today just to grab my commendation pack... got the shotgun.. yuck.... was really hoping for eagle 2 or valiant 2

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
post #1360 of 2267 Old 05-04-2012, 09:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Unless you play on multiple Gamertags on the same X360, this doesn't effect you. Since ME3 came out, I have been playing on two Gamertag accounts both linked to the same Bioware/EA email address. Since ME3 Online Pass follows X360 standard DRM, every account on the same console has access to the Online Pass MP. For me, only my 2nd Gamertag account that has Gold Live but isn't the account that activated the ME3 Online Pass.

Up to last weekend, that wasn't any problem playing ME3 MP on my 2nd Gamertag account that has Gold Live. Sometime this week, EA/Bioware changed something on ME3 Online Pass with X360 standard DRM. My 2nd Gamertag account that has Gold Live no longer has access to the ME3 Online Pass MP. All it shows after contacted EA server is I don't have Online Pass and asked me to buy another Online Pass. My 1st Gamertag account that originally activated ME3 Online Pass still as access to MP but without Gold Live, I can't start any MP session.

I don't know if EA is making more restrictive DRM over X360 looser DRM. I do know some games on PS3 have worked around PS3 sharing of multiple PSN accounts by restricting the "Online Pass" special contents to one account only. If it has been done slowly on PS3, there is no reason not to believe it's going to happen on X360 since publishers true intention is any kind of "Online Pass" special contents are entitled to one account only. ("Online Pass" special contents does not always mean online multiplayer but any contents that are restricted to the one account ownership activated code.)

About the last weekend's challenge reward pack. Did everyone reach the requirement of killing x thousands of phantoms? Also, is the reward pack still only available for one week? Since there was a bug, how long is it going to be available? I have no way to access anything on my 2nd Gamertag account unless I buy another ME3 Online Pass.
post #1361 of 2267 Old 05-05-2012, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

A lot of the rare/ultrarare weapons are just too heavy at level I to be useful. Stick to weapons you have X'd out and/or the ones that work best.

I'm not sure I want to hope to upgrade some of them. I got another pistol, the Talon, which said it was a pistol/shotgun hybrid, and it SUCKED. Seems like any weapon I get that draws a circle when you hold the left trigger doesn't even HIT what's inside the circle all the time, even at arm's length.

Like the M-237 Falcon V I've had for a while and finally tried. I aim, I pull the trigger, and SOMETIMES the grenade(?) it launches does SOME damage. I had like 4 seconds to kill one target, and I was standing right in front of him, and the darn thing acted like the grenade only materialized after it passed through the guy and we lost. Carrying it cuts my Overload or else I wouldn't have tried shooting him. RATHER annoying. Do I misunderstand how these weapons work, and I shouldn't center the target in the circle?

Interestingly, the Scorpion doesn't actually interfere with my kills as much as I though. I've kept practicing with it, and I've been top scorer in several games. I knew my turret was VERY important to how well I did, but I assumed the kills I got with the Phaeston were more plentiful. I hate running for more ammo, but it's not all THAT bad. Someday I'll probably appreciate the slow speed of the round traveling to the target, but not soon...

post #1362 of 2267 Old 05-05-2012, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3D View Post

About the last weekend's challenge reward pack. Did everyone reach the requirement of killing x thousands of phantoms? Also, is the reward pack still only available for one week? Since there was a bug, how long is it going to be available? I have no way to access anything on my 2nd Gamertag account unless I buy another ME3 Online Pass.

I got my reward on Wednesday. No idea when it goes away...

post #1363 of 2267 Old 05-05-2012, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepaul View Post

I got my reward on Wednesday. No idea when it goes away...

The last time I was able to access the "Online Pass" on my 2nd Gametag was Tuesday. I remember checking if the reward pack was available. Then, I read about the bug if anyone redeemed the reward pack, they weren't able to play MP. Since EA has fixed that bug and now broke the "Online Pass" sharing.
post #1364 of 2267 Old 05-05-2012, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

when i redeemed mine on like wednesday it said 84 hours remain to redeem

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
post #1365 of 2267 Old 05-05-2012, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Unless you play on multiple Gamertags on the same X360, this doesn't effect you.
Up to last weekend, that wasn't any problem playing ME3 MP on my 2nd Gamertag account that has Gold Live. Sometime this week, EA/Bioware changed something on ME3 Online Pass with X360 standard DRM. My 2nd Gamertag account that has Gold Live no longer has access to the ME3 Online Pass MP. All it shows after contacted EA server is I don't have Online Pass and asked me to buy another Online Pass. My 1st Gamertag account that originally activated ME3 Online Pass still as access to MP but without Gold Live, I can't start any MP session.

Good news is EA fixed the "Online Pass" sharing among accounts on the same console. I loaded the ME3 MP just to see if works again and it's working like before. Still, I don't like EA is doing a second verification on anything that is locked with "online pass" because if something went wrong with EA's server (which had before on other Bioware games), we are not allowed to access the contents even Microsoft DRM passes the check.

I redeemed the Victory Pack but for the first time, I got nothing unique to the reward. All I got were Spectre pack type of items. Better than getting duplicate character or lousy gun.
post #1366 of 2267 Old 05-05-2012, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Good news is EA fixed the "Online Pass" sharing among accounts on the same console. I loaded the ME3 MP just to see if works again and it's working like before. Still, I don't like EA is doing a second verification on anything that is locked with "online pass" because if something went wrong with EA's server (which had before on other Bioware games), we are not allowed to access the contents even Microsoft DRM passes the check.

I redeemed the Victory Pack but for the first time, I got nothing unique to the reward. All I got were Spectre pack type of items. Better than getting duplicate character or lousy gun.

victory is junk, commendation is the pack you want.

post #1367 of 2267 Old 05-07-2012, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
just unlocked a M-90 Indra in a PSP, it was ultrarare and it's a fully automatic sniper rifle, lots of fun to use, low damage but very fun

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/M-90_Indra

guess this got added to multiplayer quietly
post #1368 of 2267 Old 05-07-2012, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the red worm View Post

just unlocked a M-90 Indra in a PSP, it was ultrarare and it's a fully automatic sniper rifle, lots of fun to use, low damage but very fun

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/M-90_Indra

guess this got added to multiplayer quietly

High firing rate with lower damage sniper is fun if you aren't good with quick aim and hit the target. I'm terrible with this because I miss like 90% of the time if I use Widow. Another better sniper like N-90 is the Raptor. It has higher firing rate and more damage. Best is it's very stable when firing in zoom mode. It's not automatic but you can shoot very quickly like a pistol. I can shoot around 5-8 shots/second with Raptor.
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/M-13_Raptor
post #1369 of 2267 Old 05-07-2012, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

High firing rate with lower damage sniper is fun if you aren't good with quick aim and hit the target. I'm terrible with this because I miss like 90% of the time if I use Widow. Another better sniper like N-90 is the Raptor. It has higher firing rate and more damage. Best is it's very stable when firing in zoom mode. It's not automatic but you can shoot very quickly like a pistol. I can shoot around 5-8 shots/second with Raptor.
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/M-13_Raptor

You should hear how fast it shoots I want it leveled up but it's a damn ultra rare
post #1370 of 2267 Old 05-09-2012, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Played a Gold match last night with my Level 18 geth infiltrator. Started the match on the new waterfall map. Wave 1 started and somone quits, leaving us down to 3. No problem, I have this Geth down pat with insanse sniping ability. I use the widow, damage enhance and penetration mod. Max tac cloak and hunter mod.

Went through the first 4 waves in record time, no one dies. Fifth wave things start to get dicey as they are all over the map and not clumped together. Still, a few players go downs, but we make it through the next few waves no problem.

Wave 8 and another person quits for some reason, leaving us down to just me and a soldier. Soldier had no mic so no communication. We trudge forward. Wave 9 arrives and the solder does the strangest thing, he acts like a real team member. He follows me every where, he resurrects me when I go down and he lets me tear these geth up. Spaming the ammo refill location (literally standing almost on top of it for constant ammo due to the low ammo of the widow). Soldier throws grenads, spams them, throws more, uses a few powers here and there to cover my back. When the primes come he helps out on them. We miracously make it through wave 9.

Pumped we head into wave 10, then things turn south. The geth get behind us somehow, we are flanked on three sides and we both go down, med gels bring us up. We try to relocate, almost impossible, he goes down, I go down. Being made of glass, the geth infiltrator goes down if they breath on me wrong (I stupidly forget to turn off hunter mode which lowers your shields 50%, completely forgot like a moron). We re-locate, pick a few off, get swarmed, multiple geth primes, things are looking grim. We get seperated, he goes down. I can't make it to him because I bump into something and loose my shields (joking, but sure felt like it). The primes take a bead on me, as does everything else. He is out of medi gels, I loose my lifeline as the solder is taken out of the picture and I stare dumbfounded at the skull icon on the screen.

I am all alone with a horde of angry geth looking to take out one of their own. I try to explain to them that I am one of them, we are kin, can't we just talk, but they hunt me relentlessly. I manage to get to a new location, I use my last rocket on a prime and get 2 for one. Feeling confident I step out and start taking them out. I go down, last medi-gel. Stand up, only to get swarmed and almost die again. I run for my life, take cover, kill every one but the last enemy. Heart pounding I feel confident. 2 people beating Gold by themselves!! I search the last enemy, turn the corner into that big room with the glowing orb and as I do I think to myself, am I forgetting something? As I turn I realize, to late, what it was. I didn't cloak myself. I go to aim. It is another geth prime, I shoot, he turns, laughs at me and my glass infused body cracks and breaks and I go down as the last enemy on Gold stands over my quivering body. As the round ends I could of sword I heard the Geth Prime laughing. Mission aborted.

So close, 2 on Gold. Man, soooo close. If I didn't make two stupid mistakes I think we could of had that one. I was so bummed, yet so excited at the same time. THIS GAME ROCKS!

post #1371 of 2267 Old 05-09-2012, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Operations Silencer this weekend.

Community goal: kill 3 million Banshees
Squad goal: successful gold extract, any map, any enemy

Flavor text could be read to imply that Vorcha will be later added as a playable race.
post #1372 of 2267 Old 05-09-2012, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

Flavor text could be read to imply that Vorcha will be later added as a playable race.

It should be noted that the squad goal requires a full extraction.
post #1373 of 2267 Old 05-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Played a Gold match last night with my Level 18 geth infiltrator. Started the match on the new waterfall map. Wave 1 started and somone quits, leaving us down to 3. No problem, I have this Geth down pat with insanse sniping ability. I use the widow, damage enhance and penetration mod. Max tac cloak and hunter mod.same time. THIS GAME ROCKS!

Great story

TV - Samsung DLP 4674W
Receiver - Pioneer 1015-K
Speakers - Polk 6901 (7.1 setup)
Sub - PSW303
DVD - LG 3510A
post #1374 of 2267 Old 05-09-2012, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 81

Good catch. If someone fell on the last wave, could they quit out and the remaining players get a full extract?
post #1375 of 2267 Old 05-09-2012, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm up for the Banshee part. When I got the Geth SMG V upgrade, I pulled it out of storage and tried it again. The pull was way down but still there, making it just a small fight to hold it on target. But the sucker KILLS things. I respec'd my Geth Engineer to have the 10% Geth weapon damage bonus again by giving up the shield recharge help, and I made the 1200+ kill on all the Banshees in one game. Solo, it still requires that the Banshee get interested in the turret, but it happens. Now if only the other 5 upgrades would drop soon.

STILL not good enough at Gold to bother. Dropped in on several Gold games despite wanting Bronze, even one where all I had to do was survive one lousy wave to get to the extraction, and was listed among the dead...

post #1376 of 2267 Old 05-09-2012, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:

Nice to see a new challenge but the Reapers are my least favorite MP enemy.

PSN/XBOX Live: Destro75
BattleNet Tag: BaronessMD#1680

Steam: vpnath

Gaming PC: i7 3770K OC 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Dual-SLI

post #1377 of 2267 Old 05-09-2012, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:

Good catch. If someone fell on the last wave, could they quit out and the remaining players get a full extract?

Yes, though I am not sure how long a person must be gone before the game only recognizes the remaining players (i.e. could be instant, or could take a few seconds).
post #1378 of 2267 Old 05-09-2012, 10:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpn75 View Post

Nice to see a new challenge but the Reapers are my least favorite MP enemy.

I guess it's nice to see Bioware doing special challenges almost every weekend. Good to keep the interest.

I guess we'll see a lot of players playing Cerberus as the enemy at the two newest maps since you have a place to hide behind.
post #1379 of 2267 Old 05-10-2012, 04:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:

I guess it's nice to see Bioware doing special challenges almost every weekend. Good to keep the interest.

I guess we'll see a lot of players playing Cerberus as the enemy at the two newest maps since you have a place to hide behind.

Easiest is Firebase white on gold with geth. Haven't missed a full extraction on Gold yet on that map. Just hide behind the wall and instant melee kill anyone that comes in. Team attack the primes, easy as pie. When extraction round comes, stay in there, doing the same thing until about 30 seconds left, then run out the back door and around, and then up the ladder instead of the ramp to the extaction, full extraction every time.

post #1380 of 2267 Old 05-10-2012, 06:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Easiest is Firebase white on gold with geth. Haven't missed a full extraction on Gold yet on that map. Just hide behind the wall and instant melee kill anyone that comes in. Team attack the primes, easy as pie. When extraction round comes, stay in there, doing the same thing until about 30 seconds left, then run out the back door and around, and then up the ladder instead of the ramp to the extaction, full extraction every time.

This. The only thing I've seen hang up a FB White mission is if you get a back hack point or your team decides not to help with the activations on the credit waves.

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page