post #1801 of 2267 Old 07-20-2012, 05:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

I only got the commendation pack. Was that for the squad or community? I finished three gold matches to full extraction on Saturday but I only got one pack for free. What gives? Did the community fail the goal or did I get screwed some how?

Squad. We failed the community goal.

Xbox handle: TheRotoman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 2267 Old 07-20-2012, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Community failed the challenge. No victory packs, no medigel limit increase frown.gif
post #1803 of 2267 Old 07-20-2012, 07:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Community failed the challenge. No victory packs, no medigel limit increase frown.gif

I blame you Zath. :P

post #1804 of 2267 Old 07-20-2012, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
I took my new Demolisher out for a few trial runs early this morning when I couldn't sleep. 6/6/6/6/0 makes him a touch soft when the grenades run out. I used the Split Grenade option for the Homing Grenades and it seems OK when there isn't a cloud in the sky, but even a slight overcast has them hitting a wall over the head of whatever I wanted to kill. I love how the Wiki advice uses the term 'spam' liberally, like the pylon makes them fast enough to actually do that. Spam is emptying the 11 Arc Grenades I can carry in like 14 seconds onto a Phantom that refuses to put away whatever shield-bubble they added to keep her safe from my Arc Grenades. Then I can start the process of getting another 11. Was usually getting that many by sometime in the next wave, although 4 are easy when some are ready and a new deploy of the pylon is safely doable. .

Not sure power bonus is best for the team but I picked it over weapon since my grenades are a power. After just getting a Crusader from the Commendation pack, I'm STILL hoping to lighten the Valiant so the pylon deploy speeds up. It's nice to play sniper again during extraction...

LIVE: mikepaul
PSN: mikewpaul
post #1805 of 2267 Old 07-20-2012, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:

Second time we failed. Do you think there aren't as many players lately the cares about the weekend challenge? During the challenge weekends, if I simply search for any type of game, I often get someone playing enemy class or something that isn't part of the challenge.

Is Bioware going to punish us again like the time when got Geth appearing together with other types of enemy groups.
post #1806 of 2267 Old 07-20-2012, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3D View Post

Second time we failed. Do you think there aren't as many players lately the cares about the weekend challenge? During the challenge weekends, if I simply search for any type of game, I often get someone playing enemy class or something that isn't part of the challenge.
Is Bioware going to punish us again like the time when got Geth appearing together with other types of enemy groups.

I think the problem may have been having a Gold Extraction against Cerebus along with the general goal of extracting full may have caused a lot of lower people to chase the Gold and fail a lot.
post #1807 of 2267 Old 07-20-2012, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

There's really no major reason to participate in the weekend challenges since the promo guns aren't that great. The Valiant isn't as dominant as it used to be after the Kyrsae. The Crusader is complete garbage. The Eagle is decent. The Hurricane seems to be on par with SMGs, the weakest gun type in the game.

What they need to do is find something that will entice people to actually want to play. Medigel capacity increase is a great reward. The problem is by this point, many people have simply moved on. They're tired of the RNG, or they're tired of getting guns that suck. Or both.
post #1808 of 2267 Old 07-20-2012, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

There's really no major reason to participate in the weekend challenges since the promo guns aren't that great. The Valiant isn't as dominant as it used to be after the Kyrsae. The Crusader is complete garbage. The Eagle is decent. The Hurricane seems to be on par with SMGs, the weakest gun type in the game.
I don't find the Kyrsae at all amusing. The Valiant requires skill to use and is fun. The lighter it gets, the faster my cooldown gets. The weak spot is that there are like 27 more Operations to go before I'm guaranteed to get the Valiant up even one more notch. If anyone is still playing by then I'll be surprised.

Eagle in MP was way too uncontrollable. Hurricane in SP was the same. Haven't bothered with the Crusader. So nothing else that comes from a Commendation pack will do. As long as I can find a way to accomplish the Operations, it's worth it to me...

Took the Kyrsae for a few runs using my new Destroyer. Some enemies exploded fine. Still put it away...

post #1809 of 2267 Old 07-23-2012, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 324
I really enjoyed the Krysae sniper. It felt like the best sniper for me since I did not need to be that accurate. Although I never really used until it was leveled up to 8. I got one of the new DLC characters on Sunday. It took a bit to get the hang of it, but man there is something satisfying of slicing and dicing with the Shadow Infiltrator.
post #1810 of 2267 Old 07-24-2012, 04:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoman View Post

Squad. We failed the community goal.

What the hell is wrong with you people? biggrin.gif

Shoot, all the game types I played I selected reaper only to make sure we contributed. I thought it was going to be a shoe in because it seemed awfully low (wasn't it like 400,000) especially when we got the goal the other weekend of killing a million phantoms. Bummer! I blame each and every one of you. tongue.gif

post #1811 of 2267 Old 07-24-2012, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

I tried. I put in maybe 35 Bronze games and had 33 full extractions. I had to bail from Unknown lobbies and Geth lobbies and Cerberus lobbies because people didn't care. One of my failed ones had a guy standing like 3 feet outside the extraction zone because he didn't care. I'll be bitter about that one for a while.

Anyway, my Insanity playthrough moves forward. Rescued Eve and upgraded the Scorpion to X, so now my Valiant/Scorpion cooldown is +135% and including armor perks Stasis is ready really quick. I really wish I didn't know that Banshees and Brutes will need more than Stasis but for now it's OK...

post #1812 of 2267 Old 07-24-2012, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 57
ME3 Multiplayer changes July 24, 2012

July 24, 2012

Krysae Sniper Rifle
- Damage decreased from [476.0-595.0] to [429.0-548.0]
- Rate of fire decreased from [50] to [35]
- Recoil Increased from [5.0] to [10.0]
- Zoom Recoil Increased from [3.0] to [5.0]
- Total ammo dropped from [9-21] to [9-18]

N7 Typhoon
- Distance Penetration decreased from 100cm to 25cm

Cobra Missile Launcher
- Rate of fire decreased from 140 to 50
- Charge up behavior disabled to fix rocket glitch

- Fix for some uncommon gear not showing up in Spectre + Spectre Premium packs
- Increased XP bonus for common characters in Spectre + Spectre Premium from 62.5k to 250k XP
- Enemies in Gold and Platinum will stomp downed players now
post #1813 of 2267 Old 07-24-2012, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Stomping in gold and platinum will make the game incredibly tedious.
post #1814 of 2267 Old 07-24-2012, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Do they want people to stop playing multiplayer or what?!
post #1815 of 2267 Old 07-24-2012, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

I pity the poor Typhoon. World's Fastest Nerf. I will always wonder how great it was.

On like my third game with the Slayer I unlocked, I was tossed into a Gold game. Stomping was the least of my worries. The wiki I had read earlier claimed:
Quote:
Geth

This is where the Slayer will excel in combat. Four Biotic Slash attacks will kill every enemy weaker than a Geth Prime from Gold difficulty down.

I dispute this, unless they meant using the damage perk rather than the range one...

post #1816 of 2267 Old 07-25-2012, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member

The Typhoon is still awesome. I saw several people last night using the Krysae and they weren't complaining about the nerf.

I REALLY like the change in the cobra missile launcher. No more getting killed while trying to launch a missile. Its nearly instantaneous now and the best part: no more missile glitchers.

post #1817 of 2267 Old 07-25-2012, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Operation: Overwatch Weekend Operation July 27-29

Operation OVERWATCH drops troops on Earth to tackle the most secure Reaper strongholds. Reaper anti-air defense will make for high-risk shuttle extractions.

Squad Goal: Extraction on any difficulty with at least one squad member using an Earth Pack character
Allied Goal: Extract 800,000 individual players on any difficulty, with each live member counting toward the goal.

Special Circumstance: Extraction time lengthened due to failure of Operation BROADSIDE.

Squad Goal Success: All squad members awarded a Commendation Pack.
Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack that includes a new Earth character.

Requirement: Mass Effect: Earth must be installed to earn these rewards.
post #1818 of 2267 Old 07-25-2012, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

If the extraction time is too long I won't even bother. Just another boring couple minutes with no payoff.
post #1819 of 2267 Old 07-25-2012, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

can't wait for all the n00bs to run to extraction and sit there for 5 minutes.
post #1820 of 2267 Old 07-25-2012, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

can't wait for all the n00bs to run to extraction and sit there for 5 minutes.
Over in Bronzeland, we do that all the time. Heck, last Silver I played the same thing happened, so I went with it. Really, really close to no survivors suddenly became full extraction. No idea why...

post #1821 of 2267 Old 07-26-2012, 04:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

Operation OVERWATCH drops troops on Earth to tackle the most secure Reaper strongholds. Reaper anti-air defense will make for high-risk shuttle extractions.
Squad Goal: Extraction on any difficulty with at least one squad member using an Earth Pack character
Allied Goal: Extract 800,000 individual players on any difficulty, with each live member counting toward the goal.
Special Circumstance: Extraction time lengthened due to failure of Operation BROADSIDE.
Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack that includes a new Earth character.

Pretty cool we get a gurantee earth character, but with my luck it will be the one I already unlocked.

post #1822 of 2267 Old 07-26-2012, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm down to just the Shadow to unlock. Full colors on another two, though, which is really annoying...

Got the Shadow. Will see how it plays, but I'm still going to carry the Paladin until I see a reason to stop.

Haven't seen a respec card in a while. Maybe they stemmed the flow...

post #1823 of 2267 Old 07-27-2012, 06:08 AM
Advanced Member

Played around with the shadow last night. Wow....So much fun. I went for the long cloak time, and power while cloaked so I can get 2 shadow strikes in one cloak. Everything else I spec'd for melee damage. Took a pistol with melee mod (I hardly ever used it). 6/6/6/0/6 is how I'm set up now but I may respec. Played silver and cerberus last night and could one shot kill everything including phantoms. I'll give her a go on gold tonight.

post #1824 of 2267 Old 07-27-2012, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

I also love the Shadow. Pyros need extra melee after the Shadow Strike, but they go down quick when you do it. Went through entire games without shooting anything, so I now just carry the Geth SMG. Hunters need to be made visible before you can Strike them, so I still need something. Post-cloak cooldown is annoyingly long but I can just Strike over and over and over. The enemy visibility rules that prevent the Slayer from just charging anybody do not apply to the Shadow: you see the name even crouched in cover, you can Strike it. Just wonderful...

post #1825 of 2267 Old 07-27-2012, 07:11 AM
Advanced Member

It also works through walls as well.

Try using a pistol with scope. You can scope in and Shadow Strike from all the way across the map.

post #1826 of 2267 Old 07-27-2012, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Nah, I have bad luck surviving unless they are all alone, so that might leave me stranded. Big upswing lately in my teammates failing to revive me. Not sure if it's spite or what.

In my youthful ignorance, I skipped the 50% melee boost after a Strike, so if the target has two or more buddies, I get a beatdown. I bought a SP instead of a PSP just now to try and fix that, since I've seen more respec cards in SPs, and got the Particle Rifle unlocked instead. Not an awful deal, but not what I wanted...

post #1827 of 2267 Old 07-28-2012, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

Question about:

Does that mean any player gets to Wave 11 and extracted? If so, that means we have to play successful 200,000 sessions with 4 players.
post #1828 of 2267 Old 07-28-2012, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Full extract of a 4-player game is best to cut the total number of games required. Any extract will help.

No survivors in the FBW/G/G farming-like game I just dropped into. Valuable lesson learned. Shadow can launch Electric Slash from cover, but remains standing up to be knocked down. I got the bright idea to go outside and toss it through the wall, using my team to determine where to throw it. Worked OK for a while, got a bunch of assists, BUT eventually a couple of Geth walked around behind me and I was down. Either the latest version of FBW/G/G includes new paths, or the presence of anyone outside the room sends the Geth on a seek-and-destroy mission.

Got 24K for the wave before where I 'helped'. Not totally painful except for the gels...

post #1829 of 2267 Old 07-29-2012, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Finished getting all the N7 character cards I need last night. Shadow isn't as shiny in black due to white-ish trim that isn't changeable, but them's the breaks. Black lights complete the look.

If we do get the Victory pack, I just hope it's not still going to be a character card. I need gear and mods...

post #1830 of 2267 Old 07-29-2012, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Got the Typhoon. REALLY good weapon. I'll have to use it with the Destroyer someday.

Tried out the Particle Rifle. Not sure I care for it. I'll just ignore it for now.

Had a decent Silver game in Rio with full extraction. Two guys bailed but I never saw us as really in trouble until they had left. I guess getting downed then kicked off the map by a Cerberus somethingorother takes the wind out of your sails. You CAN camp at the extraction zone if Electric Slash keeps the crowd at bay. Lucky for me, I wasn't downed too often while tossing it...

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page