post #2251 of 2267 Old 04-30-2013, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3D View Post

I know this doesn't help now. For me, I always make one or two sets of backups especially on games that take a lot of hours to play. I never trust any online storage because there is no way for me to control where they save my games especially if the online storage auto syncs with my console.

Note about Mass Effect 2 or 3 (can't remember ME1) saves on their saved game files on X360. The saved file doesn't not allow being copied but only be moved. This means it only allow you to keep one copy of your saved game file.

As for X360 online storage, there are two ways it stores your file. If you never copy your save game file by hand to online storage, it just "sync" your files not quite in full form. If you manually copy your files to online storage, then it has a physical files copied there. Since ME2/3 doesn't allow direct copy of the saved game files, you can only hope whatever "sync" to the online storage, it has a complete set of the saved file data. The reason I think X360 by default doesn't copy the physical files is it also keeps a local online storage file on the hard drive and has fixed file size. If you have multiple Gamertags, all of them will be sharing the same local storage file which will run out of space before they all reached their limit. (I have tested this and proved it). The only way to ensure my saved game files all 100% sync all the files contents is manually copy each file to the online storage. That way, I can even delete the saved game file on the local hard drive and the online copy stays on the online storage.

On PS3, ME2/3 keeps two saved game files, one for your game progress which is not locked and other file for your total kills or data that are linked to the ME trophies. In other words, you cannot manually backup the ME "trophy" save file but you can backup your game progress to USB storage. You will need online storage to backup the ME "trophy" save file because it's allowed. If you have multiple separately playthroughs, game progress saved file get individual save files but the separate playthroughs share the same "trophies" save file.

Thanks. I'm going to start backing up all my files that are "big game" files, like ME, Oblivion, etc. I checked my other Xbox, but it's also blank, as is my cloud storage. What a bummer. I was really excited to end the game, and I'd even ramped up my MP to make sure I was at 100% across the board when I'd finish the game. My MP save is still there, but I'm guessing that's stored on some ME server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoWobble View Post

I've got a weird question about the Leviathan DLC and I was wondering if anyone had an answer for me, as I haven't beaten the game (but I have completed Leviathan):
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Near the end of the DLC, when you crash land onto the ship, before you dive down into the ocean, there are a bunch of artifact spheres in some of the tents you search. I read somewhere that you should destroy those spheres because they impact your game later on, but I completed the DLC without destroying them and I want to make sure I'm not taking away a possible good ending later on down the line. Do you know if it matters if you destroy the spheres or not?

Good question. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think I destroyed all of them, even though I had no idea what they were there for. I just did a few minutes of digging but couldn't find anything on whether or not destroying them does anything. If you find anything, let me know!

_JR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2252 of 2267 Old 04-30-2013, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Thanks for your help, JR. Sorry about your save. I lost my ME2 save about 2/3 through the game because I put it on a USB that then became "unconfigured". Took me a year before I bothered to replay the whole thing. But I've never heard of an Xbox just deleting files like that. Really sucks frown.gif I wonder if there's some way to set up all your choices and configure a save and then load it onto your Xbox? Like some PC hack. Who knows...

Xbox Gamertag: Autowobble
post #2253 of 2267 Old 04-30-2013, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoWobble View Post

Thanks for your help, JR. Sorry about your save. I lost my ME2 save about 2/3 through the game because I put it on a USB that then became "unconfigured". Took me a year before I bothered to replay the whole thing. But I've never heard of an Xbox just deleting files like that. Really sucks frown.gif I wonder if there's some way to set up all your choices and configure a save and then load it onto your Xbox? Like some PC hack. Who knows...

That sounds like a huge bummer for your ME2 save, but it gives me hope that I'll get past my discouragement and finish the game.

I've also never heard of an Xbox just deleting files. It's super odd. I do recall that I was having issues completing the Citadel download...basically it wouldn't finish downloading and I'd have to start over. That was the last time I played ME3 (or I should say interacted with ME3), was me repeatedly trying to DL citadel. Then I was out for a couple of weeks and didn't touch my Xbox. When I came back - poof - the saves where gone.

I just checked my 2nd Xbox again just in case I missed something, but it too just shows the DLC and the "update" file. Bummer. I'll get around to playing it again, I'm sure. Just takes a lot of the wind out of your sails to spend so many hours on a game only to have it vanish. I've even got 865 points of achievements on the game - I was being thorough on my playthrough. Oh well, I'll get to it eventually. Right now I'm playing Max Payne 3, maybe once I finish that I'll hit ME3 again. smile.gif

-JR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2254 of 2267 Old 04-30-2013, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Well at least now you have a chance to restart from scratch and play it out any way you want. If I could do it again, I'd go for..

- Bipolarshep - Paragon, Renegade, Paragon, Renegade....

- Failshep - Does everything possible to have the fewest war readiness rating in ME3. Bonus points for dying in ME2.

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #2255 of 2267 Old 05-05-2013, 09:45 PM

Liked: 10
I'm about to start playing ME3 after finishing ME and ME2. I delayed because of early reviews of the bad ending and it kind of got lost in the shuffle.

Is the new ending still a free download from EA from XBL even for Silver members? Also, what is the best way to see both original and improved endings on the same play-through?
post #2256 of 2267 Old 05-06-2013, 02:16 AM

Liked: 93
The original ending is far better. Play it without downloading the "improved" retarded ending.

If you really want to see the other ending, then just download it after you play the original version. A new savegame gets made that lets you play the last two hours of the game again. Or just watch a youtube video.
post #2257 of 2267 Old 05-06-2013, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 91
I prefer the extended ending, except for the fact that they cut out the second Clint Mansell song.

Your mom is a classy lady!

/ 

post #2258 of 2267 Old 05-06-2013, 08:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 1393
It comes down to whether you want to think about the implications of what happens, or whether you want it all spoon fed to you. I was fine with the original ending, there was just enough said for you to go back and piece most of it together. If you weren't following the story and lore very closely, you'll probably be baffled and unsatisfied by the original ending. When I finally got around to the extended cut, it was basically exactly how I figured. A common complaint was how the sequence of events of the last chapter didn't make sense, how so and so was impossible....the extended goes step by step through every little thing, there is zero ambiguity left when you're done.

Both are good in their own way. The ending music is one the finest pieces of video game music I've heard in a long time, basically a tone poem that captures the essence of the entire journey, and the extended version kind of ruins it by dragging it out ....that alone makes me prefer the original.

Honestly, the best way is to play the original, see how you like it....then watch YouTube videos of the rest. There are multiple endings that have very little difference in the original, but very stark difference in the extended. You have to play through a significant chunk of the game to watch each of them.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #2259 of 2267 Old 05-07-2013, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 419
My big disappointment at the ending was that it was so short. You spend 20-30 hours per game times three games and only get a few minute ending. I would have liked to have a nice long video at the end showing some of the galaxy and the changes you caused or something more than a quick pan and exit. I know it was a little bit more than that but it just felt like such a lame ending to something you spent so much time one. Bablyon 5, the TV show from the 90's ended well. You have a massive war basically across three seasons and a full other season post war showing you what all has changed and closing things out so your not left hanging. I don't mind using my imagination but this is a game, not a book, and a game that was made with lots of cut scenes. Anyhow my 2 cents anyway.
post #2260 of 2267 Old 05-07-2013, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Nexus, I had no idea you were into B5. We gotta talk later.

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #2261 of 2267 Old 05-07-2013, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Sold out now but may come back

ME3 for PC for $10 with $10 mail-in rebate = FREE!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832198100&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=1312731&SID=

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #2262 of 2267 Old 05-07-2013, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Nexus, I had no idea you were into B5. We gotta talk later.

Hell yea B5! Think its back on Netflix. Have not watched that in years. That was what drew me into ME so much. Reminded me a lot of B5 with the station and galactic war. I think ME drew heavily from that show.
post #2263 of 2267 Old 05-07-2013, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

ooh Wb has B5 episodes.
post #2264 of 2267 Old 05-31-2013, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

For those of you who bought ME2 used, you can now get the Cerberus Network DLC for free!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344148

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #2265 of 2267 Old 07-02-2013, 10:22 AM

Awakening this dormant thread to tell you that if you've been holding out for the DLC to go on sale, the Omega DLC is half off this week at 600 MS points ($7.50)

Also, I'm on multiplayer pretty regularly now if anyone wants to play ever. Hit me up, although I won't be on again until August, thanks to vacations!

post #2266 of 2267 Old 01-29-2014, 02:58 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, the day is upon us at last. The Mass Effect 3 Citadel DLC is FINALLY on sale! $7.49! http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Mass-Effect-3-Citadel-1-of-2/e4b62aee-d2d1-4075-96b5-070ba9d06c04?cid=majornelson

Cheap people like me rejoice! The last time I woke this thread was for the Omega DLC being on sale. I awaken it again with pride! I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sale on the Citadel.

post #2267 of 2267 Old 01-29-2014, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the post! Glad to know I can finally play ME3 for the 2nd time!
AutoWobble likes this.

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page