Old 02-18-2012, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHDTVDiet View Post

I hate it when I get killed by a turret and then another engineer appears and puts a turn on my corps.

Turn on your corps??

Tourniquet on your corpse?

Turret on your corpse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Number 3... I wrote it on the iphone while the rest of my team died.
I got killed by a turret and before it paned away to go to spectator view an engineer setup a turret on my dead body.

BTW there were no engineers the first day I played. Atlas and Phantoms were the guys you had to worry about but now there are engineers everywhere.... I am still playing on bronze... god love you guys playing on silver and gold.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 24
So which do you like to play as Atlas or Phantom?

Xbox Live: IamVertigo
PSN: IamVertigo
Old 02-18-2012, 11:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo235 View Post

So which do you like to play as Atlas or Phantom?

Huh?
Old 02-19-2012, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
MP is fun but with only co-op missions I don't see it holding people's interest that long. Then again, most people (I assume) would buy ME3 for the campaign anyways.

It's like the anti Call of Duty. They are multiplayer games through and through with a SP campaign thrown on as an extra. This is an SP game with multiplayer thrown in for extra.

Oh, had a fun bug where our "priority target" that we had to kill glitched out of the map and we couldn't hit it, failed wave 10 because of it.

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
Old 02-19-2012, 03:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 1468
I'm glad it's just a lazy horde mode. Any more than that and I'd have wished they just spent that time on SP. It's def an afterthought, but it's got a decent engine, so why not? It's def not going to keep people coming back.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Old 02-19-2012, 04:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Just unlocked Quarian Engineer. Was so happy. Then found out that the turret sucks. At least compared to turrets the enemy uses.

Also, I used the missile upgrade for tier 6. I'm wondering if I would've been happier with flamethrower. I didn't realize you can throw the turret. Knowing that, I think throwing it into a crowd of enemies and watching them get roasted would've been nice. But then again, it could very well be useless, too!

Next up - Turian Sentinel.

I'm enjoying multiplayer more than I thought I would. Even to the point where I'd join a random game, crouch in a corner, and do real life stuff until waves 3, 6, and 10 (where you have objectives to earn credits). The other three people do all/most of the work, I help earn more credits due to faster objective completion, and in the end, I get the same experience everyone else does. Whaddaya think?
Old 02-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Just unlocked Quarian Engineer. Was so happy. Then found out that the turret sucks. At least compared to turrets the enemy uses.

Also, I used the missile upgrade for tier 6. I'm wondering if I would've been happier with flamethrower. I didn't realize you can throw the turret. Knowing that, I think throwing it into a crowd of enemies and watching them get roasted would've been nice. But then again, it could very well be useless, too!

I'm enjoying multiplayer more than I thought I would. Even to the point where I'd join a random game, crouch in a corner, and do real life stuff until waves 3, 6, and 10 (where you have objectives to earn credits). The other three people do all/most of the work, I help earn more credits due to faster objective completion, and in the end, I get the same experience everyone else does. Whaddaya think?

Sure, on bronze maybe. And you'd get the same credits not xp.

Xbox handle: TheRotoman
Old 02-19-2012, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The flame thrower is nice but it has short range and it's noisy. Worse yet there seems to be a glitch where the noise can be heard in places where you had the turret but moved it (like the upper hallway on white base) not sure if it's just the person who can deploy it hearing it or everyone, but I find it really annoying. I do wish I had a Cerberus turret but I guess beggers can't be choosers.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

The flame thrower is nice but it has short range and it's noisy. Worse yet there seems to be a glitch where the noise can be heard in places where you had the turret but moved it (like the upper hallway on white base) not sure if it's just the person who can deploy it hearing it or everyone, but I find it really annoying. I do wish I had a Cerberus turret but I guess beggers can't be choosers.

i dont have the turret, but i've heard phantom turrets that don't exist anymore.

a friend i play with has the flamethrower upgrade with the turret maxed out, it's pretty strong... i'll definitely go that route when i unlock her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoman View Post

Sure, on bronze maybe. And you'd get the same credits not xp.

seems to me xp is split equally. i've even joined friends who happened to be on wave 10 or 11, and got 100,000+ for doing nothing.

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
Old 02-19-2012, 10:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
About the ME3 demo co-op multiplayer. Is that all it's going to be?

Personally, I found it to be very boring after played a few times. What is the point to running around the same groups of maps doing the same thing without any story?

Another issue with multiplayer tags on is the gameplay always require to play like a fast shooter game. There is no time to play slowly before a countdown timer will appear to finish the wave or the wave requires to disable group of items. Also I have no idea who's behind the suit in my team. Just several random faceless characters.

I'm not complaining about ME3 having the co-op multiplayer as long Bioware didn't sacrifice polishing (ie. bugs, graphical glitches, etc) ME3 story campaign the best they can from the extra months gained from the delay. It's a feature in the game that I just don't care for.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, a bunch of random faceless guys running around doing the same thing over and over, usually shooting each other or an enemy in a fast pace manner, pretty much sums up the MP experience in most games.

My understanding is that they actually had a second development group working on this so I still have great hope for the REAL game. I guess if they were going to add coop MP, with you and friends playing through campaign, they would not have been able to break it up that way. But they did set up some weird Galaxy Readiness thing that if you play the MP somehow that can be (but does not have to be) imported to help you win the game. Although they said you can get the best possible ending without it.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well, a bunch of random faceless guys running around doing the same thing over and over, usually shooting each other or an enemy in a fast pace manner, pretty much sums up the MP experience in most games.

My understanding is that they actually had a second development group working on this so I still have great hope for the REAL game. I guess if they were going to add coop MP, with you and friends playing through campaign, they would not have been able to break it up that way. But they did set up some weird Galaxy Readiness thing that if you play the MP somehow that can be (but does not have to be) imported to help you win the game. Although they said you can get the best possible ending without it.

Sadly, Hollywood action movies are the same thing but audiences love them. ME is one of few games that will be great if Bioware adds online co-op because there are always 3 characters while on the quests, ie. Shepard and two squadmates. Many story driven games don't have fixed characters on quest each time which makes it difficult to have co-op.

Best I can find definition of Galactic Readiness is:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/99545...ect-3/61890640
Galactic Readiness is a meter/score/arbitrary number the Shepard has to fulfil to get the best ending. It reflects how prepared all the races in the galaxy are to combat the Reaper invasion. You earn it primarily through missions in game, but another option you have is the Galaxy at War system. What that does is that it takes stats you earn in the MP or the iO5 game, and transfers it to your single player game.

That's a very weak strategy in Bioware trying to push single player gamers to play the ME3 MP. Even it's possible to get the best ending without MP, it's still saying it's best if you play MP.

Some thoughts to how Galactic Readiness "story" can be contribute to ME3 storyline. Since none of alliance characters in MP are part of Shepard's crew, Bioware is asking you to experience the war happening else where with other teams. Since Reaper is really the primary enemy, do the MP get to fight the reaper? Why only Cerberus? If you look at the MP design structure, it's really designed like a typical shooter, each side always fight like humans. If Reaper is in the MP, then the style of gameplay has to change. I think it will be more exciting to see the Alliance vs Cerberus and part way through the waves, Reaper arrives and Alliance and Cerberus have to team up to stop the Reapers. Then importing MP experiences into Galactic Readiness, you will see certain missions in the ME3 storyline changes such as if the team in MP won the entire waves, certain areas in ME3 don't suffer from high defeats. Now that would contribute to ME3 story. This also makes it easier for Shepard to win certain quests in single player since the MP team already took care part of the battle. It will be a wonderful new idea since there isn't other game that has multiplayer co-op "co-op" with single player on the same battle and changes the battle difficulty and outcome. If not, Bioware is just looking for excuse to add MP in ME3 because they have been buzzing about expanding ME universe like MP after ME3.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 416
I believe the reason you are only fighting Cerberus in the demo is because it is a demo. For me the Galactic Readiness stuff is no different from visiting every planet or doing every side quest in the previous games. You did not need to do that kind of thing to finish the story, but if you do you will probably reach a level to guarantee "the best" ending.

Also this whole notion of the "best" ending is kind of a sticking point for me. You get an ending for how you played the game. If you want to do a fast run through the story you might end up with a lot of people who did not make during the final mission.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post

I believe the reason you are only fighting Cerberus in the demo is because it is a demo. For me the Galactic Readiness stuff is no different from visiting every planet or doing every side quest in the previous games. You did not need to do that kind of thing to finish the story, but if you do you will probably reach a level to guarantee "the best" ending.

Also this whole notion of the "best" ending is kind of a sticking point for me. You get an ending for how you played the game. If you want to do a fast run through the story you might end up with a lot of people who did not make during the final mission.

I guess we'll see how much MP contents the full game has and if they change the any of the story missions.

To me, when a game is designed to have multiple endings, there isn't such thing as "best" ending to the player, maybe to the story writer only. The whole idea of ME trilogy is the story supposed to tailor to the player's journey. I have "good" ME1/ME2 ending saves, "lousy" ending because I killed off almost everyone in the end, or sided with Cerberus. I often read some ME fans tried to replay to get the best possible ME1/ME2 endings but I think "poor" ending can be more interesting to import into ME3. In either case, there will be many variations that makes ME3 fun to play multiple times. Which ending is the "best" is in the eye of the player.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Does anyone know if there are any rumours of ME2 DLC going on sale again before ME3 comes out?

I bought Shadow Broker/Overlord/Kasumi a long time ago on sale and just played them and they were all fun. Never got the Arrival DLC and wanted to pick it up also but have a feeling they will probably drop maybe this week or next?

XBL : lowgn
Old 02-20-2012, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_j View Post

Does anyone know if there are any rumours of ME2 DLC going on sale again before ME3 comes out?

I bought Shadow Broker/Overlord/Kasumi a long time ago on sale and just played them and they were all fun. Never got the Arrival DLC and wanted to pick it up also but have a feeling they will probably drop maybe this week or next?

The Arrival DLC was on 50% off sale for one day during the week of Christmas. I'm also hoping The Arrival to be on sale again because I missed it last time.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
I cried in the story demo when that GAWDDAMN reaper shot down the kid :'(
Old 02-21-2012, 02:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3D View Post

ME3 demo performance comparison between X360 and PS3:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...demos-analysed

This concerns me, as all my data is on the PS3. I played ME3 on both consoles, and the shoddy framerate on the PS3's demo was enough to make me give up my character and start fresh on the 360 if the issues remain on the retail version.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Last night I had the most fun I've ever had playing the game. Here's how you can have your own purple people beater:

Step 1 - Unlock Krogan Soldier.
Step 2 - Equip shotgun with melee attachment.
Step 3 - put all powers to favoring melee.
?????
PROFIT!

Holy crap was it fun. I just ran around and meleed the **** out of people. Assault Trooper? Easy prey. Nemesis? I think not! Atlas? No pro-(insta-death). Hold them steady with a blast of Carnage, and finish'em off with your backhanded shotgun tennis racket.

If you run into bunches of people, throw down an incendiary grenade or two. Works on turrets, too!

Between rounds, show off your awesomeness by headbanging.

My only regret was choosing shields/weapon damage over melee before discovering how awesome melee is with Wrex!

Yes, I named him Wrex. I think one of the best parts of the multiplayer is being able to roleplay your character. Being that my PPB is based on Wrex, I often did nothing when in matches, only getting involved when speed = money (my strat I posted earlier). I had people send me hatemail, and my response was "I only fight when credits at stake!"
Old 02-21-2012, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

btw, missiles aren't just one-hit kills on Atlases. They can also take out Guardians (the dudes w/the shields) if no one else is near you and you're on the assassination mission. I took out two like that last night because even the mighty Krogan headbutt/heavy backhand does nothing to them from the front (grrr).
Old 02-21-2012, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:

The best part about going flamethrower is it forces a lot of the enemies to turn and face the turret. Including the guys with the shields. Toss the turret behind them. Wait for the flamethrower to go on and for them to turn and then shoot them in the back.

TV - Samsung DLP 4674W
Receiver - Pioneer 1015-K
Speakers - Polk 6901 (7.1 setup)
Sub - PSW303
DVD - LG 3510A
Old 02-21-2012, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

btw, missiles aren't just one-hit kills on Atlases. They can also take out Guardians (the dudes w/the shields) if no one else is near you and you're on the assassination mission. I took out two like that last night because even the mighty Krogan headbutt/heavy backhand does nothing to them from the front (grrr).

I like popping a sentry behind guardians and then shooting them in the back when they turn around. (engineer).

Or sniping them through their eyehole in the shield as a infiltrator.

Have you done silver yet? I finally finished a round of it last night on my level 19 engineer. I think I died about 6 times but phantoms are easier now that I started using overload. Got nearly $40K in credits from it.

I started playing with a salarian infiltrator and it was pretty fun. Not sure how effective the proximity mine is..but energy drain is a nice stun and I can do major damage with the sniper rifle. I haven't really played around with the cloak except for running in for revives.

If I have a complaint about the multiplayer its the overuse of the A button. Was getting annoyed trying to revive someone last night and it kept putting me under cover.

Xbox handle: TheRotoman
Old 02-21-2012, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3D View Post

The Arrival DLC was on 50% off sale for one day during the week of Christmas. I'm also hoping The Arrival to be on sale again because I missed it last time.

Well Major Nelson posted the "Deals of the Week" for next two weeks an no ME2 DLC listed. I guess it's still possible that it will go on sale outside Microsoft's promotion but I'll probably pick it up sometime this week for full price anyway.

XBL : lowgn
Old 02-21-2012, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Lowgn, it is a pretty fun DLC. A bunch of people didn't like it, but I felt it was worth the money. It's nowhere near as in-depth as Shadow Broker, and only lasts about an hour or two.

Roto - I have tried silver a couple times, even gold once. I'm going to try silver tonight w/my level 18 krogan soldier and see if I can smash my way through. I tried playing yesterday with randoms, but most of them were level 5 (!) people hoping to ride the waves to victory. Didn't work out so well.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Yeah, arrival was pretty good, although I def recall it being the shortest of all the DLCs. Maybe about the same as the Kasumi one?

Old 02-21-2012, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Face View Post

I cried in the story demo when that GAWDDAMN reaper shot down the kid :'(

This time a little girl:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/02/21...er-full-length

Will there be a massive ground war in the gameplay like the trailer? It becomes like Operation "Planet Earth" fighting millions of Husks like Operation Racoon City fighting zombies.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

At least Kasumi gave you... Kasumi and the Locust. Both were great. Ooh, and a couple new outfits for Shepard. FemShep never looked so good! And Jean-Luc Shepard looked great in his new dress uniform.

Regarding the kid - I thought it was rather cliche and silly. Would've been better to run into him a few more times, then have him get killed. Or how about a hero renegade/paragon move. Hero paragon - grab the kid and take him with. Hero renegade - put him out of his misery.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 203
I couldn't disagree more about it being cliche.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

They mostly come at night.....mostly.