Forum Jump: 

post #901 of 943 Old 12-21-2011, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 31
From G4:

PSN Username -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Steam Username -
Origin ID - Kenshiro26
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 943 Old 12-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Escalation! Sweet.
post #903 of 943 Old 12-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 25
Trying to get a little light duty Horde time in this afternoon, need to spend some cash on the silverback. The 12 days of gears must have started early 'cause starting round 2, even on casual, I was getting a berzerker on every level. not fun solo.
post #904 of 943 Old 12-21-2011, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 497
I just read the stats at Epic and they said that the most used weapon is now the retro lancer. How the heck do you use this gun effectively? do you shoot it from the hip? do you feather the trigger? medium range only?

the only thing I liked about the gun was the cool running melee but that doesn't work well against humans.
post #905 of 943 Old 12-21-2011, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 49
practice...practice...practice.
That weapon is a beast...the ONLY thing against it, is the medium to short range. The Hammerburst has you downed from across the map, but nobody's got anything on you at medium range. Even those wall bouncin' hoppin' Gansher Fanboi's have a hard time getting close enough...
It is ALWAYS in my loadout.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #906 of 943 Old 12-21-2011, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 91
I always use the retro as well. Only shoot from the hip in close range when I don't remember or have time to switch to the gnasher.

Your mom is a classy lady!

/ 

post #907 of 943 Old 12-24-2011, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

for those that missed the Gearsmas Snowman Heads...

Thanksgibbing with Snowman heads and Christmas music!

post #908 of 943 Old 12-24-2011, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

If you want to have your avatar carry a gun at the dashboard, better buy it before January 1, 2012, or forever hold your peace! They're delisting guns from the avatar marketplace.

Gears of War obviously has guns for avatars (lancer or hammerburst? gold versus regular? decisions, decisions). Don't know about other games.

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ce-on-1-1-2012

Lancer and Hammerburst avatar items no longer available on Marketplace on 1/1/2012

Heads up! Starting on Jan. 1, 2012, the Lancer and Hammerburst avatar items will no longer be available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace. If you've purchased the items prior to Jan. 1, you will be able to keep them. A new policy goes into effect for all gun-like avatar items on the Marketplace, so get them while they're hot. -raczilla Community Manager
post #909 of 943 Old 12-30-2011, 05:42 AM
Advanced Member

Had a successful 1-50 run on Horde last night, normal difficulty on overpass. Managed to do it with 2 random teammates. Had 2 guys drop on wave 1 but we stuck with it and somehow finished. Took 2:51.

The key to surviving that long is definitely getting lucky on the boss waves. Not a real profound observation but when you get a brumak and he's stuck in an area where he can't get to you, or you get a bunch of the slow-moving gunkers, it's just a hell of a lot easier to survive than with a pair of berserkers or a lambent berzerker who run in and blow your whole defensive scheme to hell.

jeff
post #910 of 943 Old 01-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Jeez they need to fix horde with an option to join a match midway as tons of people just drop out in the later stages just when it gets interesting. Though I might be mistaking I saw someone join a game midway the only time I have seen it happen in so might be glitch.
post #911 of 943 Old 01-07-2012, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

You can invite friends to join a horde match in progress, I believe.

/ 

post #912 of 943 Old 01-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member

Right, you can send invites to friends mid-game, but the random matchmaking will not put you into a game in progress.

jeff
post #913 of 943 Old 01-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Advanced Member

oh thanks for letting me know. But don't you just hate it when people drop out in the later waves. A group quit at wave 49 I wanted to throw away my controller! why bother putting in hours when you just gonna quit.
post #914 of 943 Old 01-07-2012, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisahmed View Post

oh thanks for letting me know. But don't you just hate it when people drop out in the later waves. A group quit at wave 49 I wanted to throw away my controller! why bother putting in hours when you just gonna quit.

it's always better to depend on dependable friends than the random public.

also, make sure you set your game to "joinable public". I don't send invites while in the middle of a game. But my friends are free to jump in at any time.

And I have had the public jump in as well (though rare). Some of them are even funny. They'll jump in. And then jump out after a level or so.

here's a video detailing horde. go to minute 33 for details on joinable horde:
http://www.twitch.tv/epicgamesinc/b/296763512
post #915 of 943 Old 01-07-2012, 08:11 PM
AVS Special Member

I'll be going for Wave 50 on the new maps just after it comes out and I'd rather do it with AVSers than people from Xbox360achievements.

/ 

post #916 of 943 Old 01-08-2012, 05:19 AM
Advanced Member

Timely example - Stuck on level 50 last night, had two teammates bail but onlysublime joined us via invite and we finished it.

Just send a bunch of friend requests to the people you see here, and any randoms you encounter who play well. I'm "Jeffro Tull 77".

jeff
post #917 of 943 Old 01-08-2012, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjp View Post

Timely example - Stuck on level 50 last night, had two teammates bail but onlysublime joined us via invite and we finished it.

Just send a bunch of friend requests to the people you see here, and any randoms you encounter who play well. I'm "Jeffro Tull 77".

jeff

haha. sorry for being horrible last night. you caught me after a mile swim and having just booted up the Xbox and playing cold. i swear i'm not normally so bad!

it was definitely all you guys on wave 50. congrats.
post #918 of 943 Old 01-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Advanced Member

Ha, well I was too busy killing/trying not to be killed that I didn't notice. You certainly couldn't have been worse than the two fools who we managed to get to round 50 despite. The types who just run willy nilly in the middle of the map, pay for bases and set up random turrets and barriers where you don't need 'em, steal the silverback and get it blown up, etc.

As I mention a few posts above, making it to the end of horde is all about the bosses. Once we got a brumak instead of berzerkers I knew we had a chance.

jeff
post #919 of 943 Old 01-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Ha, well I was too busy killing/trying not to be killed that I didn't notice. You certainly couldn't have been worse than the two fools who we managed to get to round 50 despite. The types who just run willy nilly in the middle of the map, pay for bases and set up random turrets and barriers where you don't need 'em, steal the silverback and get it blown up, etc.

As I mention a few posts above, making it to the end of horde is all about the bosses. Once we got a brumak instead of berzerkers I knew we had a chance.

jeff

Interestingly I find the Reavers to be easier than any other boss on Wave 50 if one has a silver back and/or mulchers and a turret. Brumak is OK as it can get stuck . I think Gunkers are the worst with the splash damage than can kill instantly though they do get stuck sometimes but I haven't done wave 50 with them as the final boss. Savage Corpsers are doable. For bezerkers and lambent bezerkers one needs at least 3 people.
post #920 of 943 Old 01-09-2012, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

You can invite friends to join a horde match in progress, I believe.

How exactly? is it in-game or through the xbox dash screen/box?
post #921 of 943 Old 01-09-2012, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

How exactly? is it in-game or through the xbox dash screen/box?

Dash screen. You can also select a friend on your dash screen and join his game in progress if there is room.
post #922 of 943 Old 01-09-2012, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlconner View Post

Dash screen. You can also select a friend on your dash screen and join his game in progress if there is room.

Thanks.
post #923 of 943 Old 01-10-2012, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

I'll be going for Wave 50 on the new maps just after it comes out and I'd rather do it with AVSers than people from Xbox360achievements.

How does that work though when some of us our one in the same. I frequent here and that site, I'm a gamer and 'chieve whore. That's how I like to roll
post #924 of 943 Old 01-15-2012, 07:52 PM
Advanced Member

Went to play some public horde with randoms tonight and had something weird happen - every match it set me up with was set to casual instead of normal difficulty. Anyone have any ideas about why that would be?

jeff
post #925 of 943 Old 01-16-2012, 05:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Went to play some public horde with randoms tonight and had something weird happen - every match it set me up with was set to casual instead of normal difficulty. Anyone have any ideas about why that would be?

jeff

The event this weekend was 5% interest for XP and cash for every wave. All public was horde was set to casual for the event. Some people were using it to get the big money medals and some leveled up over 40 levels from those medals.

/ 

post #926 of 943 Old 01-16-2012, 07:40 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks Tom. Where do they advertise this stuff? It's not on the in-game announcements or Epic's website anywhere obvious. Do you need to follow Cliffy B on twitter or something?

jeff
post #927 of 943 Old 01-16-2012, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks Tom. Where do they advertise this stuff? It's not on the in-game announcements or Epic's website anywhere obvious. Do you need to follow Cliffy B on twitter or something?

jeff

I usually see it first from their Facebook page and then usually gaming websites will repost it, or someone here, or some on the other forum group that I'm in. Like their Facebook page and that should cover you.

/ 

post #928 of 943 Old 01-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Advanced Member

Ha, I guess I'm just not looking hard enough. Seems odd that they'd have it on Facebook and not within the game itself.

jeff
post #929 of 943 Old 01-19-2012, 12:36 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

jeff

Thought I would share this link I use every weekend to see what's going on with Gears.

http://epicgames.com/community/category/gears-of-war/
post #930 of 943 Old 01-19-2012, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:

Ha, I guess I'm just not looking hard enough. Seems odd that they'd have it on Facebook and not within the game itself.

jeff

Agree. First I've heard of this. Why would they have an 'events' section in the game but no details there about this kind of stuff. Weird.

XBOX 360 - KrazeeEyezKeith

PS4 - KrazeeKeith

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page