post #181 of 943 Old 04-28-2011, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post
I started to use the Saw-off last night. Fun to see the body explode into many pieces. The only draw back is the reload time and lack of ammo. You start with 4 and once your done, your looking for mroe ammo on the ground. Come to think of it, it's pretty balanced to me. The one shot kill is fun. I've also tried the sniper and got a head shot with it and it. Feels like Gears 2. The sniper in gears1 was the best thing around.
I smell SwiftKey...

Yeah, I tried using the Sawed Off and it's ridiculous. I still think that it's overpowered and that they need to decrease the area of effect, but the lack of ammo does hurt a bit.

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 943 Old 04-28-2011, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 View Post

I smell SwiftKey...

Yeah, I tried using the Sawed Off and it's ridiculous. I still think that it's overpowered and that they need to decrease the area of effect, but the lack of ammo does hurt a bit.

What is SwiftKey?

Yea, I do agree with the area of effect. You don't even have to aim with this thing. You just have get close to them and pull the trigger. I got the "spray and pray" pin and I think its from that.
post #183 of 943 Old 04-28-2011, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

SwiftKey is an add-on keyboard app for Android. Just looked like something you typed on your phone with auto-caps on.

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #184 of 943 Old 04-28-2011, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I used to, pretty much exclusively, hip-fire the shotty in Gears 1. Gears 2 brought an end to that. They ruined the hip-fire placement (Boomshot hip-fire was killed too...)
It seems to be back, but I am having a hard time going back. (although the Boomshot has been nerfed...kind of a shame.)
Anyone else notice the splash from the frag is kinda weird? I have quite a few kills that I thought didn't take...and a half a second later I show the kill register...Conversely, I have died, that same half a second, after I ran by a tagged wall, hear the detonator, the "BOOM"...I am still running, and THEN die?!?!?!

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #185 of 943 Old 04-29-2011, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

They added Capture the Leader back in. Tried it this morning, like KotH if you don't have a good team don't waste your time playing it.

Xbox Live GT -
post #186 of 943 Old 04-29-2011, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 62
Quote:

They added Capture the Leader back in. Tried it this morning, like KotH if you don't have a good team don't waste your time playing it.

Ctl played ok before, but with the amount of people on now I'm sure it's gotten worse.

KOTH is frustrating. Last night I had 15 caps and my teammates had a total of 3. It doesn't seem to matter what game you play any more, every mode in that game is played for kills.
post #187 of 943 Old 04-29-2011, 06:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Yup, that's why you need a good team to play the objective games. Otherwise people will just treat it like TDM. Especially since people want to unlock characters and such.

Xbox Live GT -
post #188 of 943 Old 04-30-2011, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monger View Post

Ctl played ok before, but with the amount of people on now I'm sure it's gotten worse.

KOTH is frustrating. Last night I had 15 caps and my teammates had a total of 3. It doesn't seem to matter what game you play any more, every mode in that game is played for kills.

I've played ranked KOTH and its alot better. Team mates go for the objective.
post #189 of 943 Old 04-30-2011, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I hope I can put my 5 bucks on another preorder. This feels like every other Gears game, bad.

D.I.N.K

Double
Income
No
Kids
post #190 of 943 Old 04-30-2011, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

You can get it refunded, you don't have to put it towards another pre-order. That said, sorry you don't like the game. I think it's a dramatic improvement over Gears 2.

Xbox Live GT -
post #191 of 943 Old 04-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Advanced Member

Just chiming in to say I think this game is the bee's knees.
I am just loving it. It plays so much faster and better than the other two entries.
post #192 of 943 Old 04-30-2011, 07:56 PM

Liked: 10
i still need a free beta code so if u have 1 and wanna give it away to me just send it to me in a private messge thanks
post #193 of 943 Old 05-01-2011, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Played with an outstanding party of 5 last night and in 15+ games we lost once, we absolutely rolled most everyone we played. One game we joined a new lobby and it was all bots, the other team was winning 15-5. We all spawned and got them down to 1 spare respawn before they killed all but our last guy. He single handedly killed all 5 of them + their respawn by himself, they were furious!

Unlocked my Gold Retro Lancer in the retail, not sure why I cared to get it since I know I'll never use it but hey, it's one extra thing so why not.

Xbox Live GT -
post #194 of 943 Old 05-01-2011, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
So I'm in a room where everyone has the head of a bunny, with big floppy bunny ears. Is this a thing? You guys get this?

XBOX 360 - KrazeeEyezKeith

PS4 - KrazeeKeith

post #195 of 943 Old 05-01-2011, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I think the bunny heads were added in last weekend for Easter but someone forgot to turn it off...I find them annoying. Makes it hard to aim and idenfity opponents.
post #196 of 943 Old 05-02-2011, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 94
I'm surprised they did the bunny heads again after all of the complaints last week. Yesterday my headset was filled with bellyaching about not being to tell who from who, which I didn't find to be as bad, but I did get fooled once.

Your mom is a classy lady!

/ 

post #197 of 943 Old 05-02-2011, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Sweet! Invite tokens start on the 8th!

i.joystiq.com/2011/05/02/share-gears-of-war-3-beta-invites-beginning-may-8/

Xbox Live GT -
post #198 of 943 Old 05-02-2011, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Yeah, I got my email from LIVE today..offered to my clanmates that don't have Bulletstorm, or did their pre-order...

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #199 of 943 Old 05-02-2011, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
If anyone gets a buddy token that they could spare I'd appreciate it

PM if you have one

xbox: McFly1955
ps4: GeorgeMcFly1955
post #200 of 943 Old 05-03-2011, 01:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 163
I got my pre-order code but it did not work , called GS and they said they can only give me one (sorry) so I am considering getting my pre-order through GS refunded and just grabbing it at launch.

If anyone has an extra code they have no use for, I too would appreciate it (via PM). I don't know if the codes can be used by more than one subscriber but I would be glad to pass it on after a few days if they can.

Thank You, much appreciated.
Jason

My Twitch Game Stream [PS4/Xone/PC]...

post #201 of 943 Old 05-03-2011, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

The buddy codes do not come out until next Monday. Then you can play the beta for a week.

/ 

post #202 of 943 Old 05-03-2011, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Had some epic battles last night. I was playing KOTH on Checkout. Everyone bunched up in the middle where the frags were and I came in with the sawed-off and killed 4 with one shot and downed the fifth person. I received “the quad” ribbon. Awesome!
post #203 of 943 Old 05-03-2011, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthershutch15 View Post

If anyone gets a buddy token that they could spare I'd appreciate it

PM if you have one

If I get one you'll get it.

XBOX 360-RY35AN
PS3-RY35AN
post #204 of 943 Old 05-03-2011, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

Had some epic battles last night. I was playing KOTH on Checkout. Everyone bunched up in the middle where the frags were and I came in with the sawed-off and killed 4 with one shot and downed the fifth person. I received "the quad" ribbon. Awesome!

Holy crap that's sweet!

gamertag: xxx shiv xxx
PSN: xx_shiv_xx
post #205 of 943 Old 05-03-2011, 09:09 AM

i killed lots of people and got loads of ribbons and unlocked loads of stuff
post #206 of 943 Old 05-03-2011, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

OK, so I've not really played CTL because, honestly, going with randoms is boring. But on whim I tried it again today and while it was a bunch of randoms everyone actually knew how to play the game mode (ie, not treating it like TDM). Oh...my...gosh, far and away the best mode in the game! I can't tell you how many amazingly close games we had, it's really rough when you have two leaders who know what to do. Played one ROUND on Trenches and we held the leader back and forth, I was the leader on our team and TWICE they got the counter down to under 3 seconds. First time a teammate saved me with his shotgun, next time they got me all the way back to their freaking spawn and I knew it was over, and a smoke grenade came out of nowhere and separated us and I was able to scurry out. We ended up winning after like 17 mins.

Absolutely epic mode, do not write it off if you get frustrated with a crappy team, get a good team and it is amazingly intense!

Xbox Live GT -
post #207 of 943 Old 05-03-2011, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Played a few CTL myself and it gets intense. TDM not so much. Probably the mode I like the least. I think the spawn points make or break the match especially on CTL when you think your safe at your spawn.
post #208 of 943 Old 05-03-2011, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

OK, so I've not really played CTL because, honestly, going with randoms is boring. But on whim I tried it again today and while it was a bunch of randoms everyone actually knew how to play the game mode (ie, not treating it like TDM). Oh...my...gosh, far and away the best mode in the game! I can't tell you how many amazingly close games we had, it's really rough when you have two leaders who know what to do. Played one ROUND on Trenches and we held the leader back and forth, I was the leader on our team and TWICE they got the counter down to under 3 seconds. First time a teammate saved me with his shotgun, next time they got me all the way back to their freaking spawn and I knew it was over, and a smoke grenade came out of nowhere and separated us and I was able to scurry out. We ended up winning after like 17 mins.

Absolutely epic mode, do not write it off if you get frustrated with a crappy team, get a good team and it is amazingly intense!

For sure. I called that one after the first day and I saved our guy with 1 second left. The mode is great.

I haven't had a chance to play since they brought it back yet. I'm gonna have to get on tonight.
post #209 of 943 Old 05-03-2011, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Played a few CTL myself and it gets intense. TDM not so much. Probably the mode I like the least. I think the spawn points make or break the match especially on CTL when you think your safe at your spawn.

I like tdm. It's a fun take on it, and I love when the other team has a bunch of respawns left and you're able to go on a huge killstreak to win the match.
post #210 of 943 Old 05-03-2011, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

I love the retards that play KOTH like it's TDM. I rack up massive points by breaking the point and I'll have twice as many points as the other people with half as many kills. I've always done well at those kinds of game types.

/ 

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page