Call of Duty: Black Ops - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 11893 Old 05-20-2010, 10:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 333
PJ.. I never looked at it from that perspective. All of the Killstreaks are relatively easy to shoot down, if you have the proper equipment/perks to do it first (The single shot AT4 is a joke). So maybe its not the killstreaks that need weaken, but their countermeasures need to be strengthen. Both 'fixes' would logically make the game more balanced and theorectically 'fun'. I guess if CB & Stingers were available earlier then the Killstreaks wouldnt seem as dominant.

With MW2 the spread between skilled & unskilled players is immensely great. You have so many people who played it daily for the past 7 months combined with people who are trying it for the first week. The 'stupids' & 'noobs' who play the game only make the the game so much more underwhelming for the people on their team. And you are right it is up to matchmaking to get this right, but I doubt if that will happen with MW2 to be honest. I will say this, Treyarch (as cheesey as some people label them) seems to better support their COD games. So we will see what happens with Black Ops.. and hopefully a public beta will be made available before its released so that the gameplay can be tweaked to perfection.

How did I forget about akimbo.. especially akimbo shotguns.. just stupid.

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 11893 Old 05-20-2010, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

PJ.. I never looked at it from that perspective. All of the Killstreaks are relatively easy to shoot down, if you have the proper equipment/perks to do it first (The single shot AT4 is a joke). So maybe its not the killstreaks that need weaken, but their countermeasures need to be strengthen. Both 'fixes' would logically make the game more balanced and theorectically 'fun'. I guess if CB & Stingers were available earlier then the Killstreaks wouldnt seem as dominant.

With MW2 the spread between skilled & unskilled players is immensely great. You have so many people who played it daily for the past 7 months combined with people who are trying it for the first week. The 'stupids' & 'noobs' who play the game only make the the game so much more underwhelming for the people on their team. And you are right it is up to matchmaking to get this right, but I doubt if that will happen with MW2 to be honest. I will say this, Treyarch (as cheesey as some people label them) seems to better support their COD games. So we will see what happens with Black Ops.. and hopefully a public beta will be made available before its released so that the gameplay can be tweaked to perfection.

How did I forget about akimbo.. especially akimbo shotguns.. just stupid.

Yeah, I'm not saying MW2 is perfect, it can definitely be improved. Hopefully treyarch does improve on the best parts of MW1 and MW2. IMO, what needs the most improvement is the lobby system and the matchmaking based on some sort of meaningful rank. Like you said, it's not fair that people playing the game for the first time have to play with pros, or even people who are casual players that aren't as good as the guys with no lives. It's not fair to them and it's not fair to their team that they continually feed the pro(s), bringing the whole team down further.

It wouldn't bother me if CB and stinger were given at lower levels, but I don't think it'd make much difference. Look around the lobbies you are in and see how many (non prestige) players are under level 30. Not very many at all. People who pretige and are under 30 can't complain because they knew what would happen - that they would be giving up those perks/weapons. And even for those under 30 and just starting out, you really do get through the first 30-40 levels relatively quick, so I still think it's kind of a non-issue. Although I also don't see the harm in giving players CB and stinger right out of the gate in order to combat the killstreaks, that would seem more balanced and fair, and then whether those people use them or not is up to them.

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch
PS3/PSN: pj_rage
360/Live: pjrage82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan
Dude please, your list of toys is so long its like Santa is your dad lol.
post #93 of 11893 Old 05-20-2010, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

Daekwan: you bring up a good point and that's why I haven't played it since.

x2

Very well said Daekwan!

PSN: DaveS78
post #94 of 11893 Old 05-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Advanced Member

I actually think it was easier to dominate on COD4 than on MW2. I rarely see anyone get much more than 30+ kills in MW2, when I saw that all the time on COD4. Hell, my record for # of kills in team deathmatch in COD4 was 46 on Creek, but I almost always hovered around the 25-30 kill range.

In MW2 it is much harder to stay alive, imo. The ability to have multiple kill streaks in the air from both teams, but more specifically the spawning. In COD4 it was damn easy to keep the enemy in front of you. You knew if you killed someone they would spawn on the other side of the map. In MW2 it is very common to get killed and then spawn around the corner from the person that killed you. And the fact that there is just way more **** that can kill you in this game compared to COD4

I'm not saying you're wrong, but in my experience it was way easier to dominate at COD4.
post #95 of 11893 Old 05-20-2010, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

Matchmaking based on skill wont fix crap unless the prestige concept is thrown out. If I wanted to, I could just choose not to prestige so I could keep getting thrown into a lobby with a bunch of people who absolutely suck. That way I could maintain a 4+ k/d ratio.

All I think Treyarch needs to do to make Black Ops an instant hit, is try to do away with gay perks like the NoobTube/Thumper/DangerClose/OneManArmy combination for example. Last stand/final stand is just garbage too, especially if he has pain killer activated. It takes almost an entire clip to kill someone sometimes. It seems like pain killer was just a failed attempt to make the people who bitched about juggernaut and noobs all happy.
post #96 of 11893 Old 05-20-2010, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony6225 View Post

Matchmaking based on skill wont fix crap unless the prestige concept is thrown out. If I wanted to, I could just choose not to prestige so I could keep getting thrown into a lobby with a bunch of people who absolutely suck. That way I could maintain a 4+ k/d ratio.

All I think Treyarch needs to do to make Black Ops an instant hit, is try to do away with gay perks like the NoobTube/Thumper/DangerClose/OneManArmy combination for example. Last stand/final stand is just garbage too, especially if he has pain killer activated. It takes almost an entire clip to kill someone sometimes. It seems like pain killer was just a failed attempt to make the people who bitched about juggernaut and noobs all happy.

You're missing the point of matchmaking based on skill. It's based on skill not based on prestige. Skill would be determined by k/d, win ratio, accuracy, amount of times killing higher ranked people and being killed by lower ranked people, and any number of other factors the developer deemed necessary. Time played (which is all prestige is) would make absolutely no difference as far as I'm concerned.

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch

Quote:
post #97 of 11893 Old 05-20-2010, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 140
Quote:

All I think Treyarch needs to do to make Black Ops an instant hit, is try to do away with gay perks like the NoobTube/Thumper/DangerClose/OneManArmy combination for example.

That would be an excellent first step.

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
post #98 of 11893 Old 05-20-2010, 11:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, I'm not saying MW2 is perfect, it can definitely be improved. Hopefully treyarch does improve on the best parts of MW1 and MW2. IMO, what needs the most improvement is the lobby system and the matchmaking based on some sort of meaningful rank. Like you said, it's not fair that people playing the game for the first time have to play with pros, or even people who are casual players that aren't as good as the guys with no lives. It's not fair to them and it's not fair to their team that they continually feed the pro(s), bringing the whole team down further.

What COD4 and MW2 do exactly right is the matchmaking. Noobs should be matched with pro's it's how you learn to be better - by keeping an eye on your teammates and watching the kill cams. Balancing the teams although not perfect is rather good, and I would prefer if they concentrated on improving this.

International HDDVD Screenshot Archive (Full 1080p Images): www.hdmovies.co.nz
post #99 of 11893 Old 05-21-2010, 05:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooki View Post

What COD4 and MW2 do exactly right is the matchmaking. Noobs should be matched with pro's it's how you learn to be better - by keeping an eye on your teammates and watching the kill cams. Balancing the teams although not perfect is rather good, and I would prefer if they concentrated on improving this.

I don't know. I'd rather see the noobs advance through the ranks as they get better than to be thrown right in with the sharks. IMO it works out better for both parties that way. And the other thing is that people top out no matter how many pros cams they watch, they either just don't have the hand-eye coordination, aim, dexterity in fingers, or care to learn, whatever it is, but in my experience, no matter how many hours people play, they level out. It's not fair to put someone who has leveled out lower in a match with others who are on a different level.

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch

Quote:
post #100 of 11893 Old 05-21-2010, 05:47 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

It seems like pain killer was just a failed attempt to make the people who bitched about juggernaut and noobs all happy.

It might be a failed attempt, but at least they tried to answer the community's bitching about juggernaut needing to be out of the game. Its also meant to prevent getting spawn killed.

Gamertag: Fargus
Playstation ID: Fargus79
post #101 of 11893 Old 05-21-2010, 06:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I still dont understand why Juggernaut was left out. To me it was a fair perk considering the strength of the game was balance.

Stopping Power = Juggernaut

They pretty much cancel it each other out.

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #102 of 11893 Old 05-21-2010, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

I still dont understand why Juggernaut was left out. To me it was a fair perk considering the strength of the game was balance.

Very true.
post #103 of 11893 Old 05-21-2010, 06:44 PM

Liked: 20
I'd like to see Treyarch include a no-perk/no-streak mode as an option. Just you and your gun (and grenades) against the other guy. I know it would not be the most played mode, but I'm sure it would get played. This way the guys that love kill steaks are happy, and so are the guys who don't. It would be very simple to do.
post #104 of 11893 Old 05-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_Rage View Post

I don't know. I'd rather see the noobs advance through the ranks as they get better than to be thrown right in with the sharks. IMO it works out better for both parties that way. And the other thing is that people top out no matter how many pros cams they watch, they either just don't have the hand-eye coordination, aim, dexterity in fingers, or care to learn, whatever it is, but in my experience, no matter how many hours people play, they level out. It's not fair to put someone who has leveled out lower in a match with others who are on a different level.

Its perfectly fair. IMO the last few COD's have been too full of things that are put in place to simply make noobs happy. It just waters down the game for the average to good players. In terms of matchmaking, maybe it would just be better for game to make sure the teams are balanced, but then there is the problem of people who are partied up. I think the current matchmaking system is pretty much as good as its going to get.
post #105 of 11893 Old 05-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I agree completely. The problem was IW's solution. Instead of Juggernaut, they created a deathstreak that helps someone survive an entire clip or even a predator missile. Another problem with that, is that its the only deathstreak that is even remotely effective, so everyone has it equipped.
post #106 of 11893 Old 05-22-2010, 06:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vedder View Post

I'd like to see Treyarch include a no-perk/no-streak mode as an option. Just you and your gun (and grenades) against the other guy. I know it would not be the most played mode, but I'm sure it would get played. This way the guys that love kill steaks are happy, and so are the guys who don't. It would be very simple to do.

Here.. here!!

Would love a no killstreak/no perk mode. Just my gun vs. ur gun. Mano-e-Mano..

Who's better?

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #107 of 11893 Old 05-22-2010, 08:04 AM

Liked: 11
This is still the Black Ops thread right?
post #108 of 11893 Old 05-22-2010, 10:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_gordon View Post

This is still the Black Ops thread right?

You're right we all need to stop talking now. There isnt enough information out about BO to talk about.
post #109 of 11893 Old 05-22-2010, 10:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

We are on subject. The name of the game is Call of Duty: Black Ops.. with so little information given about the game so far, it is very much ontopic to speculate what features may or may not be included in Black Ops based on the popularity of those features used in previous versions of Call of Duty.

I for one hope Juggernaut is in Black Ops. It helps give extra protection in OBJ based games where you are trying to capture the OBJ.. and other players are solely looking for cheap kills by camping the OBJ.

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #110 of 11893 Old 05-22-2010, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Wishing thinking but back off the graphics enough to allow a real game. Have real servers that can have 32 Vs. 32 or better yet 64 vs 64. Sick and tired of these wittle team based games.

D.I.N.K

Double
Income
No
Kids
post #111 of 11893 Old 05-22-2010, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

frontlines had LARGE team battles (25 v 25) and while i really liked the game, i dont feel like having that many players really enhances the gameplay.... look at how many people immediately quit playing M.A.G

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
post #112 of 11893 Old 05-22-2010, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm not saying it's the only room size you can play. It just needs to be an option. BF 1942 proved that you don't need jaw dropping graphics or even high speed internet to have great online experience. As long as you have a decent ping you could have hours upon hours of great gameplay. Why no one tried to per-fect it is beyond me.

D.I.N.K

Double
Income
No
Kids
post #113 of 11893 Old 05-23-2010, 02:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I wouldnt mind a little 16v16 on the bigger maps if the game could handle it. The real problem is lag with bigger games on all versions of COD so far. Even Ground War is still laggy as hell with 9v9. So much so we've called it 'Lag War' for the past few years..

You have to remember all the stuff happening on the screen with COD and that it runs at 60fps, also dont help everything depends on the host connection and physical distance from other players. I've gotten tons of lag playing early mornings where you get thrown into matches with Europeans and Asians.

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #114 of 11893 Old 05-24-2010, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

I haven't had a real big problem with lag in MW2 to be honest. I definitely notice the difference between me being host and not, and usually I can tell when the host kills me, but that's about it. If I'm not host, it's all about equal, except for going head to head against the host who generally seems to have a noticeable ping advantage (where my screen will show me firing several bullets into him that doesn't register because evidently I was already dead and not informed yet - it does this to a point whenever I'm not host, but it's worst against the host). Of course there are some times where you warp all over, but generally the game lags everyone out or finds another host in those extreme cases.

COD4 for me was overall much more laggy. Even going back to it now is annoying and part of the reason I hate going back. It takes much longer for bullets to register. I remember complaining on this board over and over, back when I was playing it everyday, about how much lag there was in the regular modes and how annoying it was. I wound up playing exclusively hardcore because I found it to be much much better and less noticeable. But in MW2, it's much improved IMO. This is in terms of how much time it takes for your bullets to register after firing and how much time you're alive as a zombie - ie you're dead but the host hasn't informed your side yet, so you're running and shooting still thinking everything is cool. (And it's not like it's seconds, we're talking in the millisecond range, but it's still very noticeable to me).

I haven't really noticed any extra lag on ground war games either? It definitely does depend on the host though. Some hosts give green pings all around, some give green only to a few people. Generally I've had good luck and I definitely haven't noticed any real lag problems. I've never had worse than 3 green bars (never had yellow or orange ping) unless everyone but host has orange in the extreme lag cases, so maybe I just have a good connection.

Overall, I'd actually say that the netcode for MW2 is pretty damn good.

SXRD/Oppo/Yamaha/Klipsch

Quote:
post #115 of 11893 Old 05-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

Would be nice if the developers set up a suggestion box for Black ops.
post #116 of 11893 Old 05-24-2010, 01:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Great idea Wall Street. Ask the fans of the series what they want and what they dont want, let us vote on some of the game weapons/perks/play styles.

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #117 of 11893 Old 05-24-2010, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

it doesnt work that way, you can never please everyone.... every single change implemented from mw1 -> mw2 was suggested by someone, and i'd be willing to bet that for every killstreak, perk, weapon, you have a majority of the player base who enjoys that particular killstreak, perk, weapon, etc.

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
post #118 of 11893 Old 05-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Arent the developers taking a gamble with this title, playing the race card and all? I mean I dont mind playing as a soldier of color, but whats next? Call of Duty - Honkey edition? Call of Duty - revenge of the Latino? Sheesh!
post #119 of 11893 Old 05-24-2010, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 54
Really?

Salminella Now Better with Kinect: 360 PSN

Official member and mascot of the AVS' Xbox 360 Elite Club of Awesomeness
post #120 of 11893 Old 05-24-2010, 06:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

He's joking.

Agreed you cant please everyone. But it would be cool if they let us 'vote' on some features we'd like to see or not see. Not just take the advice of random twitter replies.. like I think Robert Bowling did with MW2.

www.facebook.com/Daekwan
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page