Microsoft Xbox 360 Kinect Official Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 1759 Old 11-02-2010, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 497

forward to the 2:10 mark. he cracked the wood when he threw the ball overhanded. and check out his hadouken! LOL. he grannystyled it too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 1759 Old 11-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
itz cool bra!

friendly/juvenile public humiliation challenge:
record yourself playing your first kinect game (officially AFTER the public launch) aim for maybe a 2-3 minute long, post here, have good CLEAN fun.

im thinking my first post will be like Darth's...Funkytown on Dance Central

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #363 of 1759 Old 11-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

forward to the 2:10 mark. he cracked the wood when he threw the ball overhanded. and check out his hadouken! LOL. he grannystyled it too!

that game reminds me of the bowling tourney in "Kingpin" i must have that game!

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #364 of 1759 Old 11-02-2010, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:

forward to the 2:10 mark. he cracked the wood when he threw the ball overhanded.

Nevermind the 200ms delay between his arm and the motion on screen coupled with the fact that twice his avatar did not let go of the ball when he was throwing it.

Now playing: Madden, Diablo 3, First Light, PvZ: GW
Recently Finished: Watch Dogs
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #365 of 1759 Old 11-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member

damn u scuzzle! lol. its prolly cuz he was a macys and the perfume lady was right behind him! yeah thats it!

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #366 of 1759 Old 11-02-2010, 02:27 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 652 Post(s)
Liked: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumala View Post

preorderd back in june and now it says backordered? there were taking preorders til yesterday and now sold out. Not a big deal, but why accept preorders til now and tell people who ordered when it first came out, that you have to wait.

I preordered mine back then when I was taking advantage of their generous Xbox trade in offer.
A few minutes ago I got a text from gamestop telling me the Kinect was in.
It said i needed to be there at 10PM tomorrow to finalize the sale. I really have no plans on getting it at midnight so i'll stop by in the evening on Thursday. Plus I need to go by BestBuy to pick up and return the BB.com Kinect game orders so i can get the better deals they are offering this week.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #367 of 1759 Old 11-02-2010, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable View Post

Nevermind the 200ms delay between his arm and the motion on screen coupled with the fact that twice his avatar did not let go of the ball when he was throwing it.

and the troll is back! welcome!
post #368 of 1759 Old 11-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

o come one scuzzle is fwiend! he put a smiley face on his remark even!

"Don't ban me bro!"

post #369 of 1759 Old 11-02-2010, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

What lag? I thought they got the response time down very low?

I've watched many videos of the release games and those at least seem too laggy to me...I am curious to see how annoying it is with a game like Dance Central which has rhythm to it...I'm sure the game is coded to accept the lag though...

And it's a little "sketchy" to me that the NDA is the release day...get as many preorders and release day sales as possible before reviews come out...don't get me wrong - I've decided to buy one but that's usually a red flag to me...
post #370 of 1759 Old 11-02-2010, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post

I've watched many videos of the release games and those at least seem too laggy to me...I am curious to see how annoying it is with a game like Dance Central which has rhythm to it...I'm sure the game is coded to accept the lag though...

And it's a little "sketchy" to me that the NDA is the release day...get as many preorders and release day sales as possible before reviews come out...don't get me wrong - I've decided to buy one but that's usually a red flag to me...

What recent videos have you seen?

The 5.0 is here
post #371 of 1759 Old 11-02-2010, 05:39 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

I preordered mine back then when I was taking advantage of their generous Xbox trade in offer.
A few minutes ago I got a text from gamestop telling me the Kinect was in.
It said i needed to be there at 10PM tomorrow to finalize the sale. I really have no plans on getting it at midnight so i'll stop by in the evening on Thursday. Plus I need to go by BestBuy to pick up and return the BB.com Kinect game orders so i can get the better deals they are offering this week.

Well, if don't get it shipped out thursday, i will cancel my order and look for it locally or keep it and sell one. on the status it says open so usually it says it waiting for shipping. but when I click forward, the next page says backordered. Wondering if it just saying that due to them closing out preorders yesterday.
post #372 of 1759 Old 11-02-2010, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
You are not going to notice any lag from games like Dance Central. It is just like any other rhythm game where you can calibrate your input with what you see on the TV screen.

The place where you will notice lag is something like Kinect Adventure where you have to block balls. And actually problem there is not the Kinect hardware lag, but the fact that your avatar is physically located in the (virtual) space further forward than where you are standing. I've seen people play it and they react when the ball would reach their physical body, not when the ball arrives at the avatar. That is something that will take time for people to adjust to.

Out of the launch titles, games like Dance Central, Shape Evolved and Kinectimals will have no appreciable lag because of how the game works. You won't notice much lag on Kinect Sports either because of games like 100m dash and javelin.

The lag would be probably much more noticeable in faster twitch games like fighting or FPS, but there are no planned Kinect games in that genre yet.
post #373 of 1759 Old 11-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Advanced Member

I picked up two myself. Not sure if i will sell them but it seems really nice to control it sitting down. Really ready to try it.

Xbox live- SER 182
Mix Cloud

post #374 of 1759 Old 11-02-2010, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy View Post

You are not going to notice any lag from games like Dance Central. It is just like any other rhythm game where you can calibrate your input with what you see on the TV screen.

The place where you will notice lag is something like Kinect Adventure where you have to block balls. And actually problem there is not the Kinect hardware lag, but the fact that your avatar is physically located in the (virtual) space further forward than where you are standing. I've seen people play it and they react when the ball would reach their physical body, not when the ball arrives at the avatar. That is something that will take time for people to adjust to.

Out of the launch titles, games like Dance Central, Shape Evolved and Kinectimals will have no appreciable lag because of how the game works. You won't notice much lag on Kinect Sports either because of games like 100m dash and javelin.

The lag would be probably much more noticeable in faster twitch games like fighting or FPS, but there are no planned Kinect games in that genre yet.

Dance Central has a live, onscreen representation of your silhouette. Of course you will see video lag if it exists. You can calibrate the game so that it won't affect your grading/performance.

Your mom is a classy lady!

/ 

post #375 of 1759 Old 11-02-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy View Post

I haven't noticed any lag in recent months on several titles *shrug*. It, along with the 'it doesnt work sitting down' is FUD.

post #376 of 1759 Old 11-02-2010, 09:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Has anyone seen the Burger Kind ad on TV showing a guy in the burger suit trying to play with another girl in front of Kinect? I wonder if Kinect can even track the guy in the burger suit at all. What Kinect should do is display a message telling the guy is way too "fat" and stop eating so many burgers.

Do BK advertisers even understand the requirement to play with Kinect?
post #377 of 1759 Old 11-02-2010, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
looking forward to hearing what people think of it when they get their shiney new kinect in the next few days

xbox live gt

post #378 of 1759 Old 11-02-2010, 10:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the red worm View Post

looking forward to hearing what people think of it when they get their shiney new kinect in the next few days

And, how it feels like having your X360 now spying on you.

An interesting question. As cameras getting common on monitors, laptops and even game consoles, how often do users think if they are being spied?

I have cameras on my PS3 and X360 and I don't trust the cameras. I either face the cameras looking at a wall and disable the microphones or unplug them. On my laptop with built-in camera, I disable it. Now with the product agreement that they can "spy" on you, do you simply trust them because product is too fun to use?
post #379 of 1759 Old 11-02-2010, 10:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Has anyone tried the video kinect feature with the old Live camera? Upon loading the app, it said it was compatible with either.

The video kinect program looks really slick. 8-way chat. I can picture some kinky stuff if you have this cam in your bedroom setup...
post #380 of 1759 Old 11-02-2010, 10:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Has anyone tried the video kinect feature with the old Live camera? Upon loading the app, it said it was compatible with either.

The video kinect program looks really slick. 8-way chat. I can picture some kinky stuff if you have this cam in your bedroom setup...

I tried the Kinect Video chat with the old Vision camera. But haven't tried to chat with anyone. Do I have to sign in to Messenger to be able to use it?
post #381 of 1759 Old 11-03-2010, 12:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3D View Post

I tried the Kinect Video chat with the old Vision camera. But haven't tried to chat with anyone. Do I have to sign in to Messenger to be able to use it?

if you want to chat with messenger people, i would think you need to sign in. but if you just want to chat with 360 people, I don't think you need to. it's all guessing on my part since I have neither cameras.

I loaded the app and it said a couple of my friends were in the app too (not true friends, but 360 friends), but I didn't have a cam to test.

I never picked up the vision cam because MS never really supported it much so i'm curious. plus, I don't think the original ms cam was autofocusing. didn't it have a focus ring?

i tried plugging in my MS VX6000 LifeCam webcam. No dice. argh...
post #382 of 1759 Old 11-03-2010, 12:49 AM

Wow, finally came upon a civilized Kinect forum! Can it be? Anyway, just saying hello and actually quite psyched for the release tomorrow. Call me overly optimistic, but I have high expectations.
post #383 of 1759 Old 11-03-2010, 01:29 AM
AVS Special Member

OKay, fess up--Who has one of these on order?

http://gamefocus.ca/news/11291

PSN/XBL: bassmonkeee
Wii number: Who cares?
post #384 of 1759 Old 11-03-2010, 05:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Amazon status has finally changed to "shipping soon" with a delivery estimate of tomorrow.
post #385 of 1759 Old 11-03-2010, 05:18 AM
Advanced Member

does anybody know how Bestbuy is handling the shipping? I have not received any email saying it has shipped. Will we receive it the day of???

Xbox live- SER 182
Mix Cloud

post #386 of 1759 Old 11-03-2010, 06:20 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:

Has anyone seen the Burger Kind ad on TV showing a guy in the burger suit trying to play with another girl in front of Kinect? I wonder if Kinect can even track the guy in the burger suit at all. What Kinect should do is display a message telling the guy is way too "fat" and stop eating so many burgers.

Do BK advertisers even understand the requirement to play with Kinect?

LOL!!! I saw that commercial yesterday. It was too funny. When it said that Burget King was giving away a Kinect every 15 minutes, I was about to run to my local store, but then thought...not all of them are giving them away every 15 minutes...that would be a lot of Kinects d'oh!!!

Well, 1 more day!!!
post #387 of 1759 Old 11-03-2010, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 54
Quote:

An interesting question. As cameras getting common on monitors, laptops and even game consoles, how often do users think if they are being spied?

I have cameras on my PS3 and X360 and I don't trust the cameras. I either face the cameras looking at a wall and disable the microphones or unplug them. On my laptop with built-in camera, I disable it. Now with the product agreement that they can "spy" on you, do you simply trust them because product is too fun to use?

Not being paranoid, but we've got to realize that someone (or some people e.g. that Xbox Live enforcement team), somewhere at Microsoft can look at anyone's living room anytime their console is turned on. Yeah, it's a little scary. I bet there are some good vids circulating around internally at Microsoft: make out sessions on the couch, people doin' weird/disturbing stuff etc.

XBOX 360 - KrazeeEyezKeith

PS4 - KrazeeKeith

post #388 of 1759 Old 11-03-2010, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Interesting interview with Alex Kipman who is in charge of Microsoft's thinktank group at Game Industry Biz. Here is an interesting snippet.

"That figure of 10 or 15 per cent, we're actually in single digits, but the philosophy is correct," said Kipman. "It's a trade-off... That trade off is easy, it's about the affordability of the device. From the perspective of bringing to market this amazing deal, £129.99 with Kinect Adventures, plus sensor - buy one and have your entire family play, it's a very interesting customer value proposition.

"We can create games which are as rich and thorough and as deep as the games which we have on our platform today and which we will have tomorrow. Then the conversation becomes simple: you start moving into a world which says, why keep something complicated when you can make it simple? We decided to have our cake and eat it too."

Kipman clarified that Kinect functions are modular choices, that they can be included or left out according to developer preference, in much the same way as any other technical option.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...of-the-360-cpu
post #389 of 1759 Old 11-03-2010, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:

Stop living in a conspiracy world! Don't forget there are tiny microphones in every electrical socket and the government listens to every conversation you have.

That article from lazygamer that quotes some of the TOS for Kinect was complete spin. Go read some of your other TOS for things like cell phone networks, internet providers, etc. The same wording from the Kinect TOS (or something very similar) is actually pretty common in TOS agreements.

If you have an Xbox Vision cam then you have already agreed to the same thing and MS has actually banned some GT for things they have done over the camera. This is nothing new just for Kinect and the fact that some websites are trying to report it as such is complete BS.

PSN ID: RollTide1017
post #390 of 1759 Old 11-03-2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Face View Post

itz cool bra!

friendly/juvenile public humiliation challenge:
record yourself playing your first kinect game (officially AFTER the public launch) aim for maybe a 2-3 minute long, post here, have good CLEAN fun.

im thinking my first post will be like Darth's...Funkytown on Dance Central

In your underwear, at 1:00am?

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page