Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days (Official Thread) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 20 Old 07-01-2010, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Demo is out, text "dog days" to 72579 for a chance at a code.

Downloading now but i'll post my impressions later today, anyone played yet?

edit: Demo on XBL

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/ga...880e?cid=SLink

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 07-01-2010, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 273
I am interested in this one, thanks for the heads up....
post #3 of 20 Old 07-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
I really like it. The controls are greatly improved from the last game. Arcade mode and Fragile Alliance are a blast and I like the grimy look of the game. Looking forward to the final game.
post #4 of 20 Old 07-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Demo is out this morning...let us know how it is.

Download it here:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/ga...880e?cid=SLink
post #5 of 20 Old 07-27-2010, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 273
From the demo it reminds me of the 1st in the series. Wasnt bad IMO, just too short when it kicked to the credits it a WTF moment.
post #6 of 20 Old 07-27-2010, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Playing that demo cemented my decision. No way, no how will I but this game. It's controlls feel weak. The graphics are sub-par and that grain effect was horrendously bad. I will pass on this one.

post #7 of 20 Old 07-27-2010, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Playing that demo cemented my decision. No way, no how will I but this game. It's controlls feel weak. The graphics are sub-par and that grain effect was horrendously bad. I will pass on this one.

i thought the exact opposite... controls were pretty good, almost perfect, the graphics style and presentation are pretty amazing (even if it messes with your eyes after a while).

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
post #8 of 20 Old 07-27-2010, 01:55 PM

Liked: 93
From what I played on the PS3 version last week, the audio is extremely well choreographed in this title, and the characters are likable. It's a title that at a $40 launch price I would buy on day one. As it is, I'll wait until it's $30 or so, then grab it.
post #9 of 20 Old 07-28-2010, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
The graphics are going to bother some people but I really like the visual style. The controls are fine (much, much better than the first K&L). I think this new demo is not the same as the demo they put out previously because it was long. Are you able to play Arcade mode in this demo?
post #10 of 20 Old 07-28-2010, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

gonna bump this up since people are creating duplicate threads

post #11 of 20 Old 08-01-2010, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
I thought the first game was mediocrity at it's finest, but I wanted to give the seccnd a chance. What a humongous step forward. The controls are tight and responsive, the game looks AMAZING, with the graininess adding to the whole gritty feel.

And the most important thing: 60 FPS! This is the BEST decision the devs could have made. I am absolute sure the game looks gritty and twisted to accomodate the frame rate jump. 60fps gives you a feeling like it's happening right now, as opposed to 30fps, where it looks cinematic, and leaves you feeling detached from the action.

This is a huge reason why CoD has been so successful. They work to make the games constantly run at 60fps.

Spectacular, and can't wait to play the real thing. I rent all my games anyway.

I will gladly play a game that runs at 60fps with lower quality textures, than one that runs at 30fps with higher quality textures.

Seriously.
post #12 of 20 Old 08-02-2010, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I dl'd the demo and I like it,not enough to drop 60$ on it but I do like the graphic style for this type of game.I'm more impressed by the sound than the graphics though.I played it at a pretty high volume and the gunshot blasts sound amazing,especially the shotgun.
post #13 of 20 Old 08-10-2010, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I just downloaded the demo and haven't got a chance to really dig into it. Is it an SP only demo, or does it allow co-op play?

-JR
post #14 of 20 Old 08-10-2010, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceRocket View Post

I just downloaded the demo and haven't got a chance to really dig into it. Is it an SP only demo, or does it allow co-op play?

-JR

SP only. A shame. But the game comes out next week. I'll be renting it anyway...
post #15 of 20 Old 08-11-2010, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin CZ View Post

SP only. A shame. But the game comes out next week. I'll be renting it anyway...

Thanks for the confirmation. Bummer.

My friend and I are looking for a co-op game, and K&L2 seems like it might be a good one. I'll wait to see what sort of responses I see here and online before picking it up.

-JR
post #16 of 20 Old 08-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member

My review copy should arrive today, and I will be sure to post my impressions STAT!
post #17 of 20 Old 08-13-2010, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warcrow View Post

My review copy should arrive today, and I will be sure to post my impressions STAT!

I'm eagerly awaiting a review...

-JR
post #18 of 20 Old 12-13-2012, 02:49 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Kane-Lynch-2-Days-Xbox-360/dp/B0023CBY4E

A couple weeks ago I decided to finally grab Kane & Lynch 2. I hopped on Amazon, then Amazon proceeded to tell me that I already had bought it back in August. Looking up at my shelf, I saw that they were correct. Oops. smile.gif Anyway, the game is now $9 and I figured I would remind everyone that it exists.

I played through the first half a couple of weeks ago, right before getting my Wii U. Got distracted by said Wii for a bit, then came back to KL2 last night and ran through the second half. At $10, I give it a solid thumbs up. It runs at a bit lower resolution than normal, but it also does a pretty good job of holding it's 60fps goal. I am now sad that IO went back to 30fps for their latest Hitman game. The handheld camcorder effects are well executed, the world is rendered to an excellent level of grit, and Lynch is a character that you hate to love. The gunplay is solid, but the AI that you use those guns on is pretty lame. There are also some very solid moments that I'm sure I will remember for years to come, unlike the throw-away, generic campaigns included in things like Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 2. Overall, it's a fun, concise game that is worth the XBLA price that it now sits at. As I said back at post #8, it should have launched as a $40 title. Looking at the leaderboards for the Arcade Mode, I am ranked at #20,000 after a single run. That puts my estimate for number of sales well south of 100,000 copies, which is a pretty miserable commercial failure.

As an industry, the big publishers really need to figure out how to build a market for games like this that are of lower budget and shorter length. There is a giant gap between $10 XBLA games and $60 AAA titles that needs to be filled with new-release product. Kane & Lynch 2 would have fit there perfectly back in 2010 at $30-40. Now, it's $10. Give it a try. You'll get your value out of it.
post #19 of 20 Old 12-13-2012, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

http://www.amazon.com/Kane-Lynch-2-Days-Xbox-360/dp/B0023CBY4E
A couple weeks ago I decided to finally grab Kane & Lynch 2. I hopped on Amazon, then Amazon proceeded to tell me that I already had bought it back in August. Looking up at my shelf, I saw that they were correct. Oops. smile.gif Anyway, the game is now $9 and I figured I would remind everyone that it exists.
I played through the first half a couple of weeks ago, right before getting my Wii U. Got distracted by said Wii for a bit, then came back to KL2 last night and ran through the second half. At $10, I give it a solid thumbs up. It runs at a bit lower resolution than normal, but it also does a pretty good job of holding it's 60fps goal. I am now sad that IO went back to 30fps for their latest Hitman game. The handheld camcorder effects are well executed, the world is rendered to an excellent level of grit, and Lynch is a character that you hate to love. The gunplay is solid, but the AI that you use those guns on is pretty lame. There are also some very solid moments that I'm sure I will remember for years to come, unlike the throw-away, generic campaigns included in things like Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 2. Overall, it's a fun, concise game that is worth the XBLA price that it now sits at. As I said back at post #8, it should have launched as a $40 title. Looking at the leaderboards for the Arcade Mode, I am ranked at #20,000 after a single run. That puts my estimate for number of sales well south of 100,000 copies, which is a pretty miserable commercial failure.
As an industry, the big publishers really need to figure out how to build a market for games like this that are of lower budget and shorter length. There is a giant gap between $10 XBLA games and $60 AAA titles that needs to be filled with new-release product. Kane & Lynch 2 would have fit there perfectly back in 2010 at $30-40. Now, it's $10. Give it a try. You'll get your value out of it.

I'd agree that this is a fun game for $10. I enjoyed my play through, and actually liked the gritty odd graphics. The graphics worked especially well for the "nude" scene. The game had a lot of issues though, and the writing was...well...rough. To your point DLJ, it really should have launched at $39.99.

Is the MP still up? I tried to play it a few times but it didn't hold my attention.

-JR
post #20 of 20 Old 12-13-2012, 07:22 PM

The multi-player is up, but nobody is on. It's a single-player and co-op game now.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page