Street Fighter x Tekken 2d gameplay/Tekken x Street Fighter 3d gameplay - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 21 Old 07-24-2010, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 435

CGI and video of first gameplay of Street Fighter x Tekken

Release date: Sometime in the future

The 5.0 is here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 07-24-2010, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I have asked for this when I was in grade school and they finally made my dream come true.

This is EPIC!!!

I already notified my friends and family of my upcoming insomnia and possible alienation.

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #3 of 21 Old 07-25-2010, 03:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 155
NO WAY !!!

I read this as being a rumor about a week ago, guess not .

Jason
post #4 of 21 Old 07-25-2010, 06:45 AM

Liked: 11
I could count on one hand how many times I've played Tekken. I just didn't really get that franchise.

Growing up I was more or a MK, SF, SNK, and Killer Instinct Fan.

Glad to see a crossover as that's always interesting to see but just not really excited about this one.
post #5 of 21 Old 07-26-2010, 05:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Bad link in first post.
post #6 of 21 Old 02-28-2012, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 90
No action on this thread so close to release?

I've finally found my team after I finally took my Ibuki online. I'm going to be maining Cammy and Ibuki in this one. Some of the Tekken fighters look good, but I don't know how they play.

Some of these matches on IGN's Cross Assault are pretty wild too.

Comes out in one week!
post #7 of 21 Old 02-28-2012, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
I guess people were busy with MW3, Skyrim and Batman games? I will check it out when it comes out.

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #8 of 21 Old 03-06-2012, 10:47 AM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Anyone grab this today?

I would love to get it for my son and I to play (he loves both series) but I am just not sure I want to drop $60 on it. Especially when in 6-8 months from now they will release the next version - Super Duper Turbo SF vs Tekken or whatever, afterall its Capcom ya know.

Greg

XBL Gamertag - blowfish7494

"Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it" - The Wife!

"Put on your man suit and fake it" - The Wife

post #9 of 21 Old 03-06-2012, 11:05 AM

Liked: 10
I got it last night. Trying out Law and Paul since they are my dudes from Tekken 1-3. I have been playing UMvC3 for so long that this game feels a little slow. Getting used to it though and starting to see some good results. I like how the combos work where you do the magic chain and it tags your other player in for additional combo damage. Looks pretty too.

GT Chuck81
post #10 of 21 Old 03-06-2012, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

I got it today and I am dying to go home and play it (t-minus one hour!)

There won't be any more disc versions of the game. Capcom has sworn up and down to this and I believe them (most likely because the deal with Namco only allows for one disc.)

There will be multiple DLCs of characters and costumes, most of which are complete on this disc, but you won't need to purchase any of them to play against other people.
post #11 of 21 Old 03-06-2012, 01:56 PM

Just picked up the strategy guide at lunch. Time to hit the lab tonight!!

GT Chuck81
post #12 of 21 Old 03-06-2012, 02:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I want this but going to hold out a couple more months for the pc version (may have to rent for the 360 though ).

Jason
post #13 of 21 Old 03-07-2012, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Why the heck did they nerf the hell out of Cammy and Ibuki? Did I miss the never tournaments where they dominated?

How are people so good at the new mechanics already? In Super Street Fighter IV, I was a solid 1000-1300 BP player but last night, in the ranked matches, 800 BP players were handing me my ass. I realize they're probably moving their way up the ranks.

The online sound error is really crippling. It takes out half of the sound cues that you're used to and makes me feel kind of disconnected.

Really discouraged, even though so many other things about the game are awesome. Hopefully a patch will fix the online issues quickly, but I'm really upset about Cammy and Ibuki. WTF.
post #14 of 21 Old 03-07-2012, 06:52 AM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Reviews are good for the game with the knock being that online play sucks due to poor connection issues/lag.

Greg

XBL Gamertag - blowfish7494

"Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it" - The Wife!

"Put on your man suit and fake it" - The Wife

post #15 of 21 Old 03-07-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

Why the heck did they nerf the hell out of Cammy and Ibuki? Did I miss the never tournaments where they dominated?

How are people so good at the new mechanics already? In Super Street Fighter IV, I was a solid 1000-1300 BP player but last night, in the ranked matches, 800 BP players were handing me my ass. I realize they're probably moving their way up the ranks.

The online sound error is really crippling. It takes out half of the sound cues that you're used to and makes me feel kind of disconnected.

Really discouraged, even though so many other things about the game are awesome. Hopefully a patch will fix the online issues quickly, but I'm really upset about Cammy and Ibuki. WTF.

Please describe how they were nerfed. This is a brand new engine without any balance changes so far...

As far as the mechanics, THEY ARE SICK!! What I am finding is that you have to work on footsies and mixups just like SF4, but then incorporate the switch to eliminate the damage and juggle scaling. I am using Law and Paul right now, and with Law's Bnb switching to Paul for a finisher is getting me almost half a life bar EASY. Soon as I work on some more situational stuff, I am looking to jump into the online ranking.

GT Chuck81
post #16 of 21 Old 03-08-2012, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

Reviews are good for the game with the knock being that online play sucks due to poor connection issues/lag.

Greg

Lag and sound issues online are really crippling the game at the moment. Folks are chalking it up to "typical launch week issues," but this is the worst I've experienced in a recent fighting game (didn't play much KoF12 in its first few weeks, but I heard that was bad too).

For anyone on the fence, either wait for these things to get patched or be content with singleplayer and local versus for a while.

Either way, it's an excellent game, and I'm enjoying it at least as much as I did SSF4. The speed of MvC3 mixed with the variability of a standard SF release. Great stuff.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #17 of 21 Old 03-10-2012, 03:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Rented it from RedBox and not sure how I feel about it yet, I am a fan of both games but the combination still feels a little strange to me. Not over-all impressed with the graphics but at times some of it is striking. Playing Arcade SP and seeing the same stupid Pandora's Box ending over and over is annoying (skipped it after the 3rd time). Not sure why Yoshi talks like Yoda (in the captions between rounds while playing arcade). I like watching misc. online battles that people have posted, some seriously skilled people out there (oh what I would give to be young and have reflexes like that again). I prefer the look of MvC3.

Jason
post #18 of 21 Old 03-10-2012, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

You have to choose the official tag teams to get a unique prologue/rival battle/ending. Each tag team is the character next to that character on character select. Character character.
post #19 of 21 Old 03-12-2012, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
I picked up the PS3 version late last week. Only had 2 nights to mess around in the game so far, so my view on the game is a bit limited, but I do like what I see so far.

People seem to be complaining about the online but I found it to be a step in the right direction. (Audio issues aside) I mean... No netcode is ever going to resolve latency issues. There is no programming fix for the fact that half your opponents are going to be 12 years olds on sketchy wifi connections, sharing their internet amongst a family of 5.

I LOVE that the game doesn't slow down for lag anymore. I hated in SF4 when you would get a rough connection and the game would run at a 1/2 speed or even get as bad a 1/3 speed. Now the game runs at a constant pace and it's much easier to keep your timing throughout the match.

Graphics are my least favourite part of the game. Feel like a solid step back from SSF4.

PSN / Steam - KrimsonStudios
post #20 of 21 Old 03-12-2012, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

I didn't play it all weekend because I'm so disappointed by the changes and online.

I played 300 matches of Super Street Fighter online and I don't see why people complain about it. I had the match slowdown in about 5% of my matches and I understand why it happened. I prefer the slowdown, actually. When you play on a bad connection for COD, you can't slow down every person for the one person with a bad connection, but when you play it with one on one, it makes more sense to have an equal playing field.
post #21 of 21 Old 03-12-2012, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

I didn't play it all weekend because I'm so disappointed by the changes and online.

Too bad, since my experience this weekend is that lag issues have been far less of an issue this past weekend than they were all last week. Not sure how/why because this is the first full weekend the game's been out, so I'd think it would actually get worse.

Anyhow, really liking this game more the more I play. Certain things are still holding it back, but I really like the variety and pacing of the game. Still getting a lot of time outs online, so I know it isn't just me that's having a hard time figuring out how to land high-damage cross combos consistently.

Among this year's batch of fighting game releases, I still like SoulCal5 more (and BlazBlue is stuck in a holding pattern). But SFxT still has a chance to grow on me.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page