Batman: Arkham City - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 243 Old 10-20-2011, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Great game..at times it gets tough...you really have to think/be careful.

Real great fun, the puzzles (including combat strategy) are varied and rewarding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 243 Old 10-20-2011, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 713
just an fyi, if you are dl any games/demos while playing when they finish dl you get kicked to the title screen.. don't know why they set it up that way, but twice i got kicked and lost my progress and had to reply the section..
post #93 of 243 Old 10-21-2011, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

just an fyi, if you are dl any games/demos while playing when they finish dl you get kicked to the title screen.. don't know why they set it up that way, but twice i got kicked and lost my progress and had to reply the section..

It's because DLC can have an effect on the single player. Bad design but avoidable. Rock band does this by just rechecking DLC when you go back to a main menu.
post #94 of 243 Old 10-21-2011, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Very impressed with the game so far! The production values are incredible and they really capture the feel of what it would be like to be Batman. The gameplay is a great mix of puzzle-solving and visceral combat.

The graphics and audio are also stellar. Is the game still running on the Unreal engine? Very impressive even still...

PSN/XBOX Live: Destro75
BattleNet Tag: BaronessMD#1680

Steam: vpnath

Gaming PC: i7 3770K OC 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Dual-SLI

post #95 of 243 Old 10-22-2011, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 440
This is interesting... there's an official "Map App" available on iTunes.

View all the maps in the game to find every Riddler trophy and solve every riddle. It's interactive to keep track of your progress. Costs $3.

I guess it's cheating, in the same way a strategy guide or Googleing a solution is, which some people won't like and others will welcome. I think this is an interesting, optional use of an iPad/iPod Touch to enhance gameplay.

Thoughts?

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #96 of 243 Old 10-22-2011, 08:42 AM

Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by exojam View Post

Well I went ahead and ordered up the game. I did not play the first one but everyone seems to really like both so I figured I would give it a try. Lots of good games heading down the pipeline so I am not sure where I will find time for all of them.

James

Exo, you wasted your cash. With BF3 just around the corner, Batman is going to be very lonely.

Looking forward to running with you, giovanni, and the rest of the AVS crew once again.
post #97 of 243 Old 10-22-2011, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
So wait, the Catwoman gameplay is through a DLC? So if you don't get the DLC you don't see or play as Catwoman at all?

For those looking into getting Energy speakers, or upgrading their current Energy setup, here are some reviews I've written that may help:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  (haven't updated in a while, but include Energy Take Classic 5.1, RC-10, CF-70, and CC-10)

post #98 of 243 Old 10-22-2011, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Exo, you wasted your cash. With BF3 just around the corner, Batman is going to be very lonely.

Looking forward to running with you, giovanni, and the rest of the AVS crew once again.

spyder696969,

Yeah it is dang close to BF3 time and that game will go in as soon as I get it.

I cannot play one game straight though for like 6 months. I usually have to take a break so I will either go back to this or AC when it comes out than back to BF3.

I played for a bit last night but was getting my rear end kicked left and right. Playing it on hard right now and need to learn to fight a bit better.

James
post #99 of 243 Old 10-22-2011, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macstatic View Post

So wait, the Catwoman gameplay is through a DLC? So if you don't get the DLC you don't see or play as Catwoman at all?

If you buy the game brand new, the Catwoman DLC code is already included in the case.

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
post #100 of 243 Old 10-22-2011, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

If you buy the game brand new, the Catwoman DLC code is already included in the case.

Oh okay, but I'm asking if you don't install the code, you don't play the Catwoman stuff, right? I'm going to let my little brother use my system while I'm out of town and one of the agreements between my mother and him is for him to be able to play, all the Catwoman stuff can't be on it haha

Plus the cool thing is that I could just use the code after I get it back and not miss a thing

For those looking into getting Energy speakers, or upgrading their current Energy setup, here are some reviews I've written that may help:
  (haven't updated in a while, but include Energy Take Classic 5.1, RC-10, CF-70, and CC-10)

post #101 of 243 Old 10-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Just finished the main campaign and some side missions. I wish the Boss fights were more challenging (I recall having a tougher time in AA). Otherwise top notch and one of the best in this genre for sure.
post #102 of 243 Old 10-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macstatic View Post

Oh okay, but I'm asking if you don't install the code, you don't play the Catwoman stuff, right? I'm going to let my little brother use my system while I'm out of town and one of the agreements between my mother and him is for him to be able to play, all the Catwoman stuff can't be on it haha

Plus the cool thing is that I could just use the code after I get it back and not miss a thing

He's not allowed to see women with cleavage? I just don't get the rule...
It's not like she gets naked and whores around Gotham City.

There's bad language throughout that I would find more offending.

From what I know you don't play as her, but I think she may still show up in some cutscenes, no matter what. As I can't understand how he would get out of some situations without having shown that she was involved.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #103 of 243 Old 10-22-2011, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 114
If anyone is undecided on purchasing this, I suggest you plop the cash down and join the fun.

Just finished the game on Normal and it was well worth it.... not to mention I still have an enormous amount of things left to do (side missions, trophies, DLC, etc.).

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

post #104 of 243 Old 10-22-2011, 01:31 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 179
I'm trying to finish the last (I think) Catwoman bit after the story is finished and just finding it nigh impossible on hard. Plan to take on the hard plus that doesn't have any enemy attack notifiers....that's going to be brutal.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #105 of 243 Old 10-22-2011, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

He's not allowed to see women with cleavage? I just don't get the rule...
It's not like she gets naked and whores around Gotham City.

There's bad language throughout that I would find more offending.

From what I know you don't play as her, but I think she may still show up in some cutscenes, no matter what. As I can't understand how he would get out of some situations without having shown that she was involved.

Yeah, well he's 12 and my mom is super strict. It's more because my mom researched it and saw the catwoman trailer where it zooms in on her butt and stuff (STUPID trailer) so she thinks she's all sexual all the time. It's more that than the cleavage stuff. And my dad swears all the time so the language won't be different than their household haha

post #106 of 243 Old 10-22-2011, 02:46 PM

It's perfectly fine to let kids actively "participate" in decapitations, shootings, beatings, stabbings, or any other form of violence...BUT SEE AN ANIMATED REAR-END OR SOME CLEAVAGE AND IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!

Gotta love those "Puritan family values."

-------------

Just beat the game. An okay time-killer overall; nothing ground-breaking whatsoever, still decent fun, but I'm glad it's over so I can focus on the far more important and entertaining games coming up.
post #107 of 243 Old 10-23-2011, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 112
I beat the main story campaign and about three of the side missions.

Epic gaming at its most varied and challenging.

I still have a bunch of side missions and riddler challenges.

Not to mention the challenge maps.......
post #108 of 243 Old 10-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Advanced Member

I think My game is bugged. it keeps saying on the screen when not in detective mode, When grappling over long distance use the grappel boos to launch batman into the air, including the indstructions on which buttons to press on the bottom of the screen. It just wont go away.

I tried restarting, and its still there. I have it set to no on hints and same thing.

SONY 32XBR6
SAMSUNG 46C6500

BD 40
HD DVD 28
post #109 of 243 Old 10-23-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champer View Post

I think My game is bugged. it keeps saying on the screen when not in detective mode, When grappling over long distance use the grappel boos to launch batman into the air, including the indstructions on which buttons to press on the bottom of the screen. It just wont go away.

I tried restarting, and its still there. I have it set to no on hints and same thing.

Go into your menu via the back button, find the Grapnel Boost and turn off the tutorial there.

You can setup any move or remove it that way. Helpful at first, but annoying otherwise.
post #110 of 243 Old 10-24-2011, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champer View Post

Champer,

I saw the same thing last night and it would not go away until I did the boost process. Once I died and started at the last save it showed up again until I did the boost steps and then it went away.

I think I made a mistake and started on hard mode which seems to be a button masher. I may start all over again on normal.

James
post #111 of 243 Old 10-24-2011, 07:47 AM

Liked: 11
are there any suits to unlock or are they all DLC? I finished the game and thought it would be cool to switch into the armored suit like in the first one, instead of the tattered bloody mess you finish as.
post #112 of 243 Old 10-24-2011, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev0ut View Post

are there any suits to unlock or are they all DLC? I finished the game and thought it would be cool to switch into the armored suit like in the first one, instead of the tattered bloody mess you finish as.

Yeah that would be cool if you could play again but in the armored suit. Metal Gear Solid this is and I went through game several times because each time you unlock something like the tux and the bandanna.

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #113 of 243 Old 10-24-2011, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 713
for the people that beat it, how many hours and what percentage did you have done
post #114 of 243 Old 10-24-2011, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

for the people that beat it, how many hours and what percentage did you have done

I haven't picked this up yet as I am waiting for a sale but in AA I finished at 72%

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #115 of 243 Old 10-24-2011, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev0ut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

Yeah that would be cool if you could play again but in the armored suit. Metal Gear Solid this is and I went through game several times because each time you unlock something like the tux and the bandanna.

There are supposed to be 4-5 skins for suits...regular suit, as shipped, and Batman: Year One//Batman Beyond//Miller's Dark Knight//TAS (kinda cool with the big square jaw and everything...)
Not sure if they're unlocks, or codes... Does no one have these? Supposed to be Nightwing, and 3 Robin skins as well...
I have not purchased, as I am still having a blast in Gears 3. but I will very soon...

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #116 of 243 Old 10-24-2011, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
I'm pretty sure it was preorder DLC, which means it will be on sale for too high of a price... if it isn't already.
post #117 of 243 Old 10-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Go into your menu via the back button, find the Grapnel Boost and turn off the tutorial there.

You can setup any move or remove it that way. Helpful at first, but annoying otherwise.

There are only tutorials for the combat moves, not the weapons.

SONY 32XBR6
SAMSUNG 46C6500

BD 40
HD DVD 28
post #118 of 243 Old 10-24-2011, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exojam View Post

Champer,

I saw the same thing last night and it would not go away until I did the boost process. Once I died and started at the last save it showed up again until I did the boost steps and then it went away.

I think I made a mistake and started on hard mode which seems to be a button masher. I may start all over again on normal.

James

I have it on easy and its doing it, I dont think the difficulty mode has anything to do with the glitch.

SONY 32XBR6
SAMSUNG 46C6500

BD 40
HD DVD 28
post #119 of 243 Old 10-24-2011, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

My comment on the "hard" mode was not to address what you are seeing, just a comment on the game.

If you perform the action does it not go away? Mine stayed on the screen until I actually did it.

James
post #120 of 243 Old 10-24-2011, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post

There are supposed to be 4-5 skins for suits...regular suit, as shipped, and Batman: Year One//Batman Beyond//Miller's Dark Knight//TAS (kinda cool with the big square jaw and everything...)
Not sure if they're unlocks, or codes... Does no one have these? Supposed to be Nightwing, and 3 Robin skins as well...
I have not purchased, as I am still having a blast in Gears 3. but I will very soon...

There are seven Batman skins, some of which came with pre-orders. Animated Batman came from Gamestop. Robin came from Bestbuy and also had the Red Robin skin. Nightwing is stand-alone DLC. Catwoman DLC comes with brand new copy of the game. Animated Nightwing, Robin and Catwoman also come with their own DLC. Batman Beyond was a UK Gamestop pre-order bonus. 70s Batman was a Toys 'R Us pre-order bonus. Batman: Earth One was from MightyApe pre-order. Miller's Dark Knight Returns was a pre-order from somewhere in the UK, as well. My local Gamestop was also selling the Robin and Nightwing DLC as a separate purchase.

Most of these skins aren't available for use until you beat the main game, except in the challenge maps, I think.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page