The NEW Gaming Headset/Headphone Topic! (REQUEST STICKY PLZ) - Page 14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #391 of 5453 Old 11-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClownBaby MC View Post

I got a hold of him, but he's sold out at the moment, says he'll get more on the 22nd. It's gonna be a long 2 weeks lol

**** man in that case I would talk to Shin CZ and see if he would sell you his CALs.

"OmfgItzThaMack" on XBL, Steam, & Origin...

facebook.com/craiglevere
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 5453 Old 11-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmfgItzThaMack View Post

**** man in that case I would talk to Shin CZ and see if he would sell you his CALs.

Actually see if he will sell his 990's......sorry Shin had to do it - wasted at a local bar right down the road from Wally World waiting on BO - had like 6 long islands...looks like I'm playin campain tonight (too woried about my KDR [like you]).

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #393 of 5453 Old 11-08-2010, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmfgItzThaMack View Post

Actually see if he will sell his 990's......sorry Shin had to do it - wasted at a local bar right down the road from Wally World waiting on BO - had like 6 long islands...looks like I'm playin campain tonight (too woried about my KDR [like you]).

That, is, AWESOME! It is like you are tailgating for Black Ops!

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: TheRealMaxPower

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

Theater- Benq W1070    Elite 120" projection...

post #394 of 5453 Old 11-08-2010, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewb View Post

nvm i found a way to hook them all up

now no need to constantly unhook each headphone

to each his own

Can you share exactly what your solution is?
post #395 of 5453 Old 11-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Advanced Member

Dude so ****ing wasted by the time they finally sold the damn game I had to make it back to a local bar to pick up the honey I was mackin on b\\c I knew I had a better chance with her than I did placing top 3 in a FFA and I'm a top 2 if not first place player........(sorry....mad wasted).

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #396 of 5453 Old 11-08-2010, 11:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
A little off topic but for the iphone 4

Are the Etymotic hf3 worth the price difference over the Klipsch S4i?
post #397 of 5453 Old 11-08-2010, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I think you may wanna ask about IEMs over at Head-fi, as this is mostly all relative to full-sized headphones. Daekwan owns the S4i and loves it though.

Mack, lol. Drunk typing ftw.
post #398 of 5453 Old 11-09-2010, 05:35 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR1 View Post

A little off topic but for the iphone 4

Are the Etymotic hf3 worth the price difference over the Klipsch S4i?

Robert, I've got the Klipsch S4is and they are excellent, but personally I think they emphasize the highs and mids a bit too much. Great in-ears for the IP4 and they were the best w/integrated mic+volume control until these came out IMO:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H2129ZM/A

I liked the sound of the Sennheiser MM 50 more than my Klipsch S4is as well but they didn't have the integrated volume control. The MM 70s fix that and have an amazingly full/even range for in-ear, even without EQ enabled on the iPhone.

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

post #399 of 5453 Old 11-09-2010, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingStyles View Post

They both use the same headset, but the one that is $200 comes with its own 7.1 dd unit. The only problem with its processor unit is that it can only be hooked up via computer.(no spdif or optical input)

I actually don't find that to be negative, since for consoles, I can use spdif to a receiver, then analog out to the Sony box. The advantage is for pc, where I can use a soundcard or mobo analog out and still therefore get discreet 7.1, EAX effects, etc... PC games tend to not be encoded in Dolby Digital so spdif output is stereo unless your pc supports Dolby Digital Live
post #400 of 5453 Old 11-09-2010, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post
Robert, I've got the Klipsch S4is and they are excellent, but personally I think they emphasize the highs and mids a bit too much. Great in-ears for the IP4 and they were the best w/integrated mic+volume control until these came out IMO:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H2129ZM/A

I liked the sound of the Sennheiser MM 50 more than my Klipsch S4is as well but they didn't have the integrated volume control. The MM 70s fix that and have an amazingly full/even range for in-ear, even without EQ enabled on the iPhone.
Thanks man. I'll go with the Senn's. Much appreciated.
post #401 of 5453 Old 11-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR1 View Post
Thanks man. I'll go with the Senn's. Much appreciated.
No problem Robert, I know you'll dig'em with the iP4. I've compared them directly using the same source material with the S4is and I always hear more detail with the Senns.

Not to derail this thread any further, but keep in mind the Senns are an asymmetrical design...meaning one earphone cord is longer than the other. the longer one goes behind your neck. It's a Euro thing. I've actually found this to be an advantage. I can mow the lawn with these on and not keep catching the cord on the handle when I turn ;-)

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

post #402 of 5453 Old 11-09-2010, 07:05 PM

The DT990/600 were at 229.00 at amazon, but since today, they are not anymore

However, at B&H they are still at that price with free UPS shipping

As a sidenote, I just placed my order muahahaha

Shin, they better be godly for non-FPS and movies (and some music), or I will ask my contacts in your city to make you suffer :P
post #403 of 5453 Old 11-10-2010, 12:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I used them today in the Black Ops campaign and they were AWESOME. ;p

Lol, I used the CALs today to talk to a few of you guys. T'was fun, and had no problem using them in Black Ops, though the game gets weird on me and gets really muddy at some points and then just fine a few moments later.

Experienced it with all 3 of my headphones, even the K701 (which muddy it ain't....ever).
post #404 of 5453 Old 11-10-2010, 01:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Damn, playing with 'Nerd and a few others made me want a quick, easy to drive headphone setup... >_<<br />
It literally took me 3 matches (in between) to set up my CALs. I played with the K701 the first game, the CAL the second game, and was finally able to plug in the mic for the CALs during the 3rd and so forth...

With something like the PC360, I wouldn't have that issue.

It's to the point where I don't even wanna add the E9 after the mixamp as I'm already happy enough with the K701 and DT990/600 off the Mixamp when I don't voice chat. The refinement in sound isn't worth the headache of moving my E9 from my desktop to the gaming area...

Of course, I'll be using the E9 as soon as I get my mic in... but I'd rather just not deal with it...

I want my E9 as my desktop amp for PC use, and not power amping anymore. ;_;

I realize two things:

I only use the K701 when I'm competitive which I realize can be done with even my 990s... maybe someone else would have better use for them?

I'm gonna put the K701 up on Head-fi for trade for the DT770/600 or PC360... headphones that get more use. I do realize the PC360's retail for $250...

Don't get me wrong. I don't think ANYTHING in the price range can match the K701s, but I realize that it's a waste to use them for just that...

I'm kinda disheartened really. Dunno what's come over me. I promised myself I'd never sell them but they deserve better.

If anyone here wants some K701s, I'd trade them for the DT770/600 which is $185 new right now on Amazon (so you can either buy them and ship them directly to me for no extra cost to you or use paypal). The PC360 which is that price as well from some vendor somewhere, lol.... Considering the K701 goes for $225 USED, I think it's fair. PM me if interested.

I'm gonna make some serious decisions here in saying that I plan on using my DT990s for music and gaming, the 770/600 whenever I need closed for any purpose, and hopefully the PC360 as my gaming headset in the eventual future.

Look what you guys made me do.

That's gonna be the extent of headphone love for me...

edit:

It's been set into motion...

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/...-new-on-amazon
post #405 of 5453 Old 11-10-2010, 06:38 AM
Advanced Member

Shin dude I am really enjoying my senns.

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #406 of 5453 Old 11-10-2010, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Just a heads up for the next hour or until it sells out, Amazon is currently selling the HD595 headphones from Sennheiser for $119. Currently 67% sold and ticking up regularly. Too bad I can't afford it!
post #407 of 5453 Old 11-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Advanced Member

Yeah if the Senns end up happening for you I think you'll really enjoy them...

So I put my copy of BO up on craigslist but people keep emailing me trying to get me to trade it for this or that.

I guess I will just keep it for now and just say F it...

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #408 of 5453 Old 11-10-2010, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
trade it into amazon, they give you a shipping label and everything.

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
post #409 of 5453 Old 11-10-2010, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I sort of wanna do the same. i dont see myself playing this game for a long time, and already used the damn zombie map codes... oh well. gonna be something i do every once in awhile. To be honest, I just don't game that much anymore.
post #410 of 5453 Old 11-10-2010, 09:56 PM

Why so much hate for BO?
post #411 of 5453 Old 11-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Advanced Member

Dude I don't hate anything...that's a strong word ya know. I was just very disapointed in the game in general. Its a very slow moving game for me for one...also I really kind of had to laugh at the graphics. Call me a graphic whore or whatever but a game has got to be damn pretty for me to play it. I actually just got done playing it for about two hours with a friend from work and its almost like I have to use Marathon. If not I'm hardly seeing anyone on the maps. I dunno man...not for me. I think what it really boils down to though - is that MW2 was the first COD I ever played and I got it on the day it came out. I played the F out of that game...something like 60 days between my old account and my new one, so that's kind of my baseline for judgement. Graphically it can't be beat - not by BO at least. And the new currency system is OK...but if you think about it - remember how bad you wanted Fall Camo on your gun? Well...you had to get 250 headshots to earn that. Now you can just buy it. Kind of takes out some of the incentive and fun of trying to get certain thing - like camo. Anyways whatever, its all good...as long as you're enjoying the game that's all that matters. Hey Shin...I think I remember reading an article a while back talking about the two main studioheads from IW going over to EA. Have you heard anything about this? If so that could mean very good things for the future of FPS.

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #412 of 5453 Old 11-10-2010, 11:06 PM

Heh.. Ok, not hate, just dissapointment.

I don't have any cod yet and considering getting it for ps3. Didn't know was that bad, that's why I'm asking...
post #413 of 5453 Old 11-11-2010, 12:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'm not disappointed in Black Ops, I was just expecting more fast paced action. This game is definitely the slowest COD...

One thing I noticed is that this game is so balanced that it takes away player skill when going up one on one. This game is all about who takes the first shot. Before, you had a chance to battle. This one, not so much.
post #414 of 5453 Old 11-11-2010, 02:50 AM
Advanced Member

Yeah man definetely has a slower pace to it...also man...just an observation and Shin back me up on this if you agree - but does the audio seems a little wack to you?

By wack I mean just a little off...I mean next time you throw a spy plane up listen closely.

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #415 of 5453 Old 11-11-2010, 03:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obazavil View Post

Heh.. Ok, not hate, just dissapointment.

I don't have any cod yet and considering getting it for ps3. Didn't know was that bad, that's why I'm asking...

Put it this way...there's other peeps that obviously feel the same. Sorry for the triple post.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0071457AAMYtpA

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #416 of 5453 Old 11-11-2010, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
I just picked up the AX 720's the other day but haven't had a chance to even open up the box yet. Can I use the optical output on my receiver into the mixamp for these? Or do I need to go directly from my 360/PS3 into the mixamp? I have both being sent via HDMI to my receiver.

I tried searching the other thread but didn't see anything. I'll have to search for the dongle that came with my 360 if not.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #417 of 5453 Old 11-11-2010, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The audio is DEFINITELY wacked out for me. With all 3 of my headphones, I have experienced them going from clear to REALLY muddy, as if I was wearing some cheap $20 cans. It fluctuates, and it's just weird. In any case, set the audio to 'Theater' and 'Quiet'. That's the most correct audio for our headphones that already have virtual suround (mixamp, etc) mixed in. Surround Headphones is being procesed to slightly emulate surround on unprocessed headphones.

Guys, since you guys are my crew, I'm willing to sell you my K701 for $170 (+ shipping and Paypal charges), so it shouldn't be more than $190 or so. PM me if interested.

I'm really gonna get rid of the stuff that I hardly use anymore. Cutting back in a lot of areas financially too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

I just picked up the AX 720's the other day but haven't had a chance to even open up the box yet. Can I use the optical output on my receiver into the mixamp for these? Or do I need to go directly from my 360/PS3 into the mixamp? I have both being sent via HDMI to my receiver.

I tried searching the other thread but didn't see anything. I'll have to search for the dongle that came with my 360 if not.

It looks like your receiver will work, but it's typically better to hook up your cables directly to your source. The less stuff in the audio chain, the better the sound.
post #418 of 5453 Old 11-11-2010, 06:43 AM
Advanced Member

Damn Shin I'd be jumping on that **** if I didn't just drop a few hundo on my new setup. I'm sure someone will scoop em fast...

facebook.com/craiglevere
post #419 of 5453 Old 11-11-2010, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I hope so. Seriously, they're nearly perfect for gaming. You guys that own it already know. I just no longer need to be that competitive edge... I'm tired of owning so many headphones for so little use that they actually get. I'm thinking on just having the 990s and 770s and that's it. Clip-on mic or Califone whenever I need it. Nothing that is attached to the headphones themselves, nor a headset (as much as I'd like to try the PC360). I just don't game that much anymore to spend so much for it.
post #420 of 5453 Old 11-11-2010, 07:07 AM
Advanced Member

Why aren't you playing as much?

facebook.com/craiglevere
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page