The NEW Gaming Headset/Headphone Topic! (REQUEST STICKY PLZ) - Page 182 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5431 of 5453 Old 04-03-2014, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Just a heads up to anyone looking at the Polk 4 shot headset. Polk recently sent out a boom mic to everyone who registered there product as a temporary fix for the mic volume levels. I received mine a couple of days ago and the mic volume is fine now. Of course, now I have a boom mic in front of my face which is what I was trying to avoid with the Polk headset.

Hopefully they get the firmware updated soon.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5432 of 5453 Old 04-03-2014, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

Just a heads up to anyone looking at the Polk 4 shot headset. Polk recently sent out a boom mic to everyone who registered there product as a temporary fix for the mic volume levels. I received mine a couple of days ago and the mic volume is fine now. Of course, now I have a boom mic in front of my face which is what I was trying to avoid with the Polk headset.

Hopefully they get the firmware updated soon.
I just got mine, but have already returned the set. I guess I can sell the chat pro now...

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

post #5433 of 5453 Old 04-06-2014, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 493
saw this on reddit and thought it might help some people:

Credit goes to /u/mkmkd for this one. I was having issues chatting through my included mic with the xbox, as well as my A40s through the adapter, but the Kinect was picking up everything. After going "home" and clicking on my profile and rebinding myself to the controller, I was able to chat through both headsets.

jgodin03

To add details this has to with the fact that the kinect don't know to which controller send mic data(if any) if it doesn't see it or recognize it.

Select "choose this player" this rebinds the controller!
post #5434 of 5453 Old 04-15-2014, 09:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

Credit goes to /u/mkmkd for this one. I was having issues chatting through my included mic with the xbox, as well as my A40s through the adapter, but the Kinect was picking up everything. After going "home" and clicking on my profile and rebinding myself to the controller, I was able to chat through both headsets.

jgodin03

To add details this has to with the fact that the kinect don't know to which controller send mic data(if any) if it doesn't see it or recognize it.

I wonder if that was what was happening to me the other night when I was playing TF with some friends. I could not chat with them but I could hear them just fine. Switched from the adapter to the bundled headset and still no go mad.gif

I figured my player was already 'chosen' since I was in a multiplayer match and in a party. I'll go back & see if I can find the reddit thread for help on how this works. I choose my player again after already choosing the player to 'rebind' the controller if I'm having issues???

I'm guessing the fact that I have the Kinect 'cover' on that came with the PDP mount is contributing to my chat issues?

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

post #5435 of 5453 Old 04-18-2014, 06:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

jgodin03

@onlysublime, can you give me a link to that reddit article? I know I'm having the same issue because I don't use kinect to sign-in and I lose chat when either 1) The Xbox controller powers off and I have to turn it on again or 2) I have to switch controllers. The issue happens whether I'm using the chat adapter with the Astro mixamp or the bundled Xbox One headset.

I'm not clear on how to rebind my profile to the controller. I've tried signing in-out. "choose this player" multiple times. Last night it happened after I switched controllers and I had to hard rest the console to get chat back :/

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

post #5436 of 5453 Old 04-18-2014, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 493
yeah, I have no idea how to find it. reddit's search function is very rudimentary... just ask the question. a lot of people will respond. also, there are the names there in the quoted text so you can send them messages. sorry
post #5437 of 5453 Old 04-19-2014, 02:28 PM

Liked: 20
posted this on the xbox one console forum to no response, but maybe this was the more appropriate thread.

Xbox Headset Issues.....

1. my controller dies while I'm playing online multiplayer

2. grab another charged controller and replug the xbox headset into the new controller

3. no sound in or out of the headset This has happened to me every time. The only way I have figured out how to solve the issue is to reboot the console. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, figured out a solution other than restarting?

Thanks

Headless Petie
post #5438 of 5453 Old 04-19-2014, 11:00 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
when you guys game with your headphones (if applicable for the game) do you usually change the audio setting to the headphones setting or should it be set to speakers/home theatre...etc. if wanting the virtual 5.1?
post #5439 of 5453 Old 04-20-2014, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by henhowc View Post

when you guys game with your headphones (if applicable for the game) do you usually change the audio setting to the headphones setting or should it be set to speakers/home theatre...etc. if wanting the virtual 5.1?

Try it both ways. If the game's "headphone" setting ASSUMES your using a 5.1 surround headset, give it a go vs. the home surround/cinema setting. But what if you're using a stereo headset? Not all games make it clear. That's why I always alternate between the 2 modes to see which processes the dynamic better.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #5440 of 5453 Old 04-23-2014, 01:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

yeah, I have no idea how to find it. reddit's search function is very rudimentary... just ask the question. a lot of people will respond. also, there are the names there in the quoted text so you can send them messages. sorry

No worries. I did find a way to fix the issues with chat though, I completely turned off Kinect in the settings.

That may not be the best workaround...and I do actually like some of the Kinect features, but it works 100% of the time until MS works out the bugs with a logged in user and headset chat on XB1.

Thats what I do.

post #5441 of 5453 Old 05-11-2014, 05:09 AM

Liked: 10
Hy, i have bought a pair of headset Mad Katz F.R.E.Q 5 can i use Tritton Decodor Box AX 720 or PRO + 5.1 to connect them to my PS3 ?
post #5442 of 5453 Old 05-11-2014, 04:08 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en Fury View Post

Hy, i have bought a pair of headset Mad Katz F.R.E.Q 5 can i use Tritton Decodor Box AX 720 or PRO + 5.1 to connect them to my PS3 ?

You might ask is the PS3 area.
post #5443 of 5453 Old 05-25-2014, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Any news on when the Xbone will be updating the controller to create virtual surround? I just pulled out my dusty TB X41's and did the update. Man, stereo's a major drop down compared my Warhead 7.1 set. I know they were going for "good stereo" vs "bad surround", but sheesh. I'd take the virtual surround of either my TB's or Trittons any day

post #5444 of 5453 Old 05-27-2014, 03:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post

Any news on when the Xbone will be updating the controller to create virtual surround? I just pulled out my dusty TB X41's and did the update. Man, stereo's a major drop down compared my Warhead 7.1 set. I know they were going for "good stereo" vs "bad surround", but sheesh. I'd take the virtual surround of either my TB's or Trittons any day
Is that in the works?

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

post #5445 of 5453 Old 06-04-2014, 09:38 AM

Liked: 12
I recently decided to give some of the random true 5.1/Optical devices that are available with some PC true 5.1 headsets after I saw the Sewell SoundBox
that had an optical input and output. I figured it might work on the PS4/XBone, but unfortunately it did not.

It worked great with my PC using both ROCCAT 5.1 headset and the CM Storm Serious S 5.1 headset. From what I can tell, the Sewell SoundBox uses the USB on the PC as an external sound card, so on consoles, just using the optical cable won't get sound. I thought maybe I could use it hooked up to my PC and mix the optical input from the consoles, but that was a big fail.

So I returned the SoundBox and ordered Panlong 5.1 Audio Gear Digital Sound Decoder
It arrived and I hooked it up to both the PS4 and XBone and both worked, but only worked with the CM Storm Serious S 5.1 headset. The ROCCAT will only work with a PC, as it needed to install drivers for it to work with my PC, so I took that headset out of the running for testing and just stuck with the CM Storm.

I started up a game and watched the title screen, and right away noticed objects coming from the left, the sound was coming from the right! I thought maybe I had the headset on backwards, but no, I didn't, then I thought I had the 3.5mm plugs in the wrong ports, so I moved them around, but still anything visually coming from left or right, the sound would come from the opposite direction.

So I sent that back, and ordered a different one, but from a different vendor, RioRand,

It basically is the same exact thing, came in the same style box and all of the same accessories. Only difference was that it did not have "RioRand" printed on it, where the Panlong version had it's logo on the device. Plugged everything in and %$! same issue as the other, sound not coming from the right speakers, everything reversed.

This was looking to be an experiment that wasn't going to work, using true 5.1 PC headsets on consoles, other than ones specifically made for consoles.

I sent that back and googled around for other options, when I found this one on ebay:
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

It looked different, but has the same overall idea.
Only took 1 week to arrive from China, and once I got it, I hooked it up, and wasn't expecting anything other than the same results as the other two 5.1 converters, but this one actually worked! Objects from the right came their sound came from the right, things behind me came from behind! I was surprised this one worked, and am happy with the sound queues I've heard so far.

I've not been able to test this with the mic yet, but I don't think I'll have any issues as it will plug directly into the headset adapter for the XBone. Not sure what to do yet on the PS4 for the mic, but think I'll figure something out. I need to test in more games, I was just using Titanfall last night to test the latest one out.

I know there is plenty of debate on true 5.1 vs virtual 5.1 for many reasons, but I like to try things out and see how it all sounds.

I'll update as I test this out with the CM Storm and the 5.1 converter.

My main headset is the Audio-Technica ADG1 with the MixAmp 5.8 and love how they sound together. I wanted to try out some true 5.1 headsets for comparison, so I'll keep the CM Storm headset and see how it works with other games.

-Gren
mbyrnes likes this.
post #5446 of 5453 Old 06-11-2014, 11:47 PM

Liked: 14
hmm so these new turtle beach headsets look interesting.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/turtle...070000667.html

DTS Headphone:X?
post #5447 of 5453 Old 06-12-2014, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by henhowc View Post
hmm so these new turtle beach headsets look interesting.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/turtle...070000667.html

DTS Headphone:X?
Nice post. If the 7.1 completely wireless model gets decent reviews I'm on it.

post #5448 of 5453 Old 06-13-2014, 12:35 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Same here. I want some really good surround sound headphones to work on both consoles for my late night gaming.
post #5449 of 5453 Old 06-18-2014, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22 View Post
Same here. I want some really good surround sound headphones to work on both consoles for my late night gaming.
Same here and I came in here to ask about the Sony surround sound set that is supposed to be compatible with the Xbox One also with an adapter. I love my TB's so that is something to look forward to.
post #5450 of 5453 Old 06-19-2014, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRic View Post
Same here and I came in here to ask about the Sony surround sound set that is supposed to be compatible with the Xbox One also with an adapter. I love my TB's so that is something to look forward to.
Did I miss a release date in the article?

post #5451 of 5453 Old 06-19-2014, 11:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
Did I miss a release date in the article?
If you did, then so did I. All I saw was Fall 2014.
post #5452 of 5453 Old 06-20-2014, 03:54 PM

Liked: 20
wireless chat mod

I apologize if this has been discussed, but I recently found and purchased a bluetooth xbox one mod adapter. The guy basically took the original headset adaptor and a Turtle Beach XBA bluetooth adaptor and soldered the 2 together. The user reviews have been nothing short of fantastic for his work. It allows wireless chat using most bluetooth headsets including cellular and Turtle Beach xp400, xp500, and p510 gaming headsets. At this point I was willing to try anything to get rid of that wire connecting to my controller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XBOX-ONE-HEA...item3cdf1ed942

Headless Petie
post #5453 of 5453 Old 06-30-2014, 02:49 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 47
For around $100 what's the best pair of gaming headphones that are compatible with both consoles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN: Artman22
Xbox live: Artman22
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page