The NEW Gaming Headset/Headphone Topic! (REQUEST STICKY PLZ) - Page 189 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Gaming & Content Streaming > Home Theater Gaming > Xbox Area > The NEW Gaming Headset/Headphone Topic! (REQUEST STICKY PLZ)

Xbox Area

tampabuc's Avatar tampabuc
06:26 PM Liked: 151
post #5641 of 5649
12-15-2014 | Posts: 818
Just wanted to say that I tried the official Xbox One Stereo headset, for a bedroom set-up (TV + Gaming), intended to not disturb the Victoria Secret model of the month reading War & Peace beside me, but it just wasn't loud enough to drown out all of the non gaming related questions.

Great quality headset, but it just didn't work for me. Back to the drawing board, got that set for only $50 (includes the $20+ chat adapter). Oh well...
MilkManX's Avatar MilkManX
10:12 AM Liked: 30
post #5642 of 5649
12-16-2014 | Posts: 172
Well now that you have the adapter just about any 360 headset from Turtle Beach will work and the amplified ones are plenty loud.
smokozuna's Avatar smokozuna
04:15 PM Liked: 19
post #5643 of 5649
12-16-2014 | Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post
Just wanted to say that I tried the official Xbox One Stereo headset, for a bedroom set-up (TV + Gaming), intended to not disturb the Victoria Secret model of the month reading War & Peace beside me, but it just wasn't loud enough to drown out all of the non gaming related questions.

Great quality headset, but it just didn't work for me. Back to the drawing board, got that set for only $50 (includes the $20+ chat adapter). Oh well...
not loud enough, i am shocked at that statement, that headset gets incredibly loud. definitely dont get the polk 4 shots then because they are much quieter than the ms stereo headset.
splatee's Avatar splatee
04:56 PM Liked: 11
post #5644 of 5649
12-16-2014 | Posts: 353
Does anyone on here have SkullCandy PLYR2 wireless headset using it with the Microsoft xbox one adapter? I picked up two Xbox ones for gifts and my son has that headset for the 360 right now. I went to the SkullCandy website and it does not list it as Xbox one comparable.

Thank you
jbn008's Avatar jbn008
04:46 PM Liked: 20
post #5645 of 5649
Yesterday | Posts: 325
I have a question for stealth 500x owners. Do the headphones need to be updated out of the box to work correctly?

I'm asking because I have a Mac so it'll be a while before I can borrow a pc to handle the firmware updates.

Thanks
rightintel's Avatar rightintel
06:24 PM Liked: 56
post #5646 of 5649
Yesterday | Posts: 1,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbn008 View Post
I have a question for stealth 500x owners. Do the headphones need to be updated out of the box to work correctly?

I'm asking because I have a Mac so it'll be a while before I can borrow a pc to handle the firmware updates.

Thanks
I sure as hell hope not. I've a Mac, and I'm not sure what I'm gonna do.
smokozuna's Avatar smokozuna
07:03 PM Liked: 19
post #5647 of 5649
Yesterday | Posts: 131
Quote:

Thanks
The Stealth 500X requires a Day One software update for optimal performance when connected to the Xbox One. Please visit TurtleBeach.com/Stealth500X to obtain the latest software version.
Firepr00f's Avatar Firepr00f
07:55 PM Liked: 13
post #5648 of 5649
Yesterday | Posts: 50
Quote:

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
I sure as hell hope not. I've a Mac, and I'm not sure what I'm gonna do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokozuna View Post
The Stealth 500X requires a Day One software update for optimal performance when connected to the Xbox One. Please visit TurtleBeach.com/Stealth500X to obtain the latest software version.
I'm a Mac user as well, and while I like all the features of the set, and the generally positive reviews, I'm not going with Turtle Beach since Mac isn't supported. I don't feel like jumping through hoops to get a $300 pair of headsets to work.

I think I'm going to try the Astro A50s first, as I can get them (and return them, if needed) at my local Best Buy. If they don't wow me, I'll try the SteelSeries H Wireless.
emartins's Avatar emartins
04:23 AM Liked: 551
post #5649 of 5649
Today | Posts: 4,278
Astro supports Mac but I doubt you will need to update anything as the last firmware released was back in April.

Reply Xbox Area

Subscribe to this Thread