The NEW Gaming Headset/Headphone Topic! (REQUEST STICKY PLZ) - Page 191 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 22Likes
post #5701 of 5721 Old 02-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thanks. Wasn't sure if the settings were something that I would actually use, or if they were just gimmicky enhancers.

XBOX Live: Hank Love
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5702 of 5721 Old 02-04-2015, 08:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
if you're using the chat adapter, you have to make sure you turn down the game audio via the chat adapter controls. otherwise, you'll get an echo because you're getting game audio via the 5.1 and via the controller (stereo). you get both game audio and chat audio through the controller.

Thanks I tried that last night with my buddy with the X41's and it didnt make a difference. Strange. I think I am set on just getting the 500X. I am starting to game more online so its probably worth it if I can unload my X41's and the Gold headset for my PS3/PS4.

Gamertag: Quicksilver1663
PSN: ujustshaturpants
post #5703 of 5721 Old 02-04-2015, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyPraze View Post
Are the newer eq/space features on the DSS2 a vast improvement over the original DSS?

Before buying the set, I'm debating just buying a used DSS and seeing how often I game with cans and how I like it. Then if its something I get serious about, I'd consider getting Astros with a mixamp. (Assuming the Astros are a justifiable upgrade)

I would be trying out the DSS with my ATh-m50s & Sennheiser Momentums for now.
i own both, the difference between the dss and the dss2 is the dss gets louder/has more volume than the dss2. which means the dss would be better when paired with headphones. sound quality is the same for both.

buying the astro anything would be a mistake, buy the astro mixamp off ebay and pair it with the sennheiser g4me one headset off ebay or amazon and for around $200 to $250 you will have the best possible headset for your money and they will completely blow away anything made by astro or turtle beach.

Last edited by smokozuna; 02-04-2015 at 10:00 AM.
post #5704 of 5721 Old 02-04-2015, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 65
I have a pair of Astro A50 Halo edition new that I want to sell.

It was a gift and I know I won't use much if at all.

They go for $300 so I am going to sell for less of course

Anyone interested let me know

Am in North Jersey

New in box
post #5705 of 5721 Old 02-04-2015, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPapi1977 View Post
I have a pair of Astro A50 Halo edition new that I want to sell.

It was a gift and I know I won't use much if at all.

They go for $300 so I am going to sell for less of course

Anyone interested let me know

Am in North Jersey

New in box

You're that same guy on OS huh lol..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN: Artman22
Xbox live: Artman22
post #5706 of 5721 Old 02-04-2015, 03:58 PM

Been having an issue for a couple of weeks now. Every time I use my Astros A50's my controller randomly disconnects then reconnects. It does this a lot. It's starting to become annoying. Has anyone else had this problem?

post #5707 of 5721 Old 02-04-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22 View Post
Been having an issue for a couple of weeks now. Every time I use my Astros A50's my controller randomly disconnects then reconnects. It does this a lot. It's starting to become annoying. Has anyone else had this problem?

definitely look on the astro forums for help, the a50 unfortunately seem to be the most troublesome of the astro headsets. i hope you find a simple solution, i know that glitches like that can be very annoying.
post #5708 of 5721 Old 02-04-2015, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:

I've noticed since I got my(completely wireless) TB 500x's that my controller does the same thing for no apparent reason. Until reading your post, I'd never considered it'd be related to the wireless signal of the headsets conflicting w/ the wireless signal of the controller.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #5709 of 5721 Old 02-04-2015, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokozuna View Post
which one x41 or 500x?
500x

post #5710 of 5721 Old 02-04-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
I've noticed since I got my(completely wireless) TB 500x's that my controller does the same thing for no apparent reason. Until reading your post, I'd never considered it'd be related to the wireless signal of the headsets conflicting w/ the wireless signal of the controller.

Yea.. Astros replied to my email in regards to this and they said its due to a faulty controller. I bought and new one and been playing today with no problems. I'll play again some more to see if this is actually the problem. I goggled the issue and saw a lot of people are dealing with this. I'm starting to think it's an Xbox problem.

post #5711 of 5721 Old 02-11-2015, 08:10 AM

I purchased the Skullcandy SLYR and Sennheiser X320 headset to test against the Turtle Beach X12 headset. all of these will not be tested in stereo the way their manufacturers intended, they will only be tested in virtual surround sound while connected to a turtle beach dss. the TB x12 work great and sound good but i would really like to find a headset with better sound quality without breaking the bank. the slyr are known for having very good sound quality and the x320 is an open headset so i am hoping to get great sound quality with a large sound stage. i also bought a pair of sennheiser hd201 to test against the winner. i am trying to find the best budget surround sound setup for the money.
MilkManX likes this.

Last edited by smokozuna; 02-11-2015 at 04:12 PM.
post #5712 of 5721 Old 02-11-2015, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Oh sounds good. Can't wait to hear about it.
post #5713 of 5721 Old 02-13-2015, 09:59 PM

Got the skullcandy slyr's today. quick review: sound quality is excellent, mic quality is excellent. comfort is very good. to hook these up to your turtle beach dss or dss2 you need one of these

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

this headset has boomy bass, so if you like rap music kind of bass this is the headset for you. so far i have no complaints with it but i need more time to be positive its a keeper. also the cables detach from the headset and they include a cable so it can be used as a headphone and sounds very good as a headphone. the skullcandy slyr are practically free on ebay right now. i paid $25 shipped for mine.

i havnt received the sennheiser x320 yet, the seller is dragging his feet with shipping. i would imagine i will receive them next week sometime.

btw all game sound testing is done on an xbox one
post #5714 of 5721 Old 02-14-2015, 01:51 AM

So I found out why my controller kept disconnecting and it wasn't because of the Astro A50's. It was because I had a cordless phone near my console which is stupid that it was causing the problem. Kind of upset that the Xbox one feels like it regressed compared to the 360. I never had any controller issue with the 360, but the Xbox one controller is easily affected by interference. After I moved my cordless phone away from my Xbox one the problem went away.

post #5715 of 5721 Old 02-14-2015, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
So I found out why my controller kept disconnecting and it wasn't because of the Astro A50's. It was because I had a cordless phone near my console which is stupid that it was causing the problem. Kind of upset that the Xbox one feels like it regressed compared to the 360. I never had any controller issue with the 360, but the Xbox one controller is easily affected by interference. After I moved my cordless phone away from my Xbox one the problem went away.

Yeah, I think mine was having my MacBook open next to me. So far so good...

post #5716 of 5721 Old 02-14-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:

very interesting. what frequency is your cordless phone?
post #5717 of 5721 Old 02-14-2015, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I wonder if the 5.8ghz would even help. My MacBook Pro is wireless N/5Ghz network and it was still happening.

post #5718 of 5721 Old 02-15-2015, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
I wonder if the 5.8ghz would even help. My MacBook Pro is wireless N/5Ghz network and it was still happening.
we use dect 6.0 phones that operate on the 1.9 spectrum and never have any problems. also have a chromebook and a couple iphones in the room and no trouble with either of our controllers. could it be something as simple as a weak battery?
post #5719 of 5721 Old 02-15-2015, 07:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:
we use dect 6.0 phones that operate on the 1.9 spectrum and never have any problems. also have a chromebook and a couple iphones in the room and no trouble with either of our controllers. could it be something as simple as a weak battery?

I'll find out what frequency it runs in later on tonight if not tomorrow, but it had nothing to do with battery weakness. I made sure that the batteries were full and still had the problem. On Xbox's site it says that cordless phones and microwaves cause interference with the controllers.

post #5720 of 5721 Old 02-19-2015, 07:51 AM

after using the skullcandy slyr for a few days i am sad to say they are not for me because the ear cups are too small, they are very close to being on ear instead of over the ear. they have great sound and mic quality with boomy bass but they are not what i am looking for. they are the best sounding closed headset i have used and they sound miles better than the TB x12 but i cant live with the ear cup size because i find them to be annoying. i am looking for a open headset with great sound quality and comfort along with a large sound stage.
post #5721 of 5721 Unread Today, 09:25 AM

still waiting for the sennheiser x320 to arrive, bought them on the 5th and still havnt received them, dont know what in the world the seller is doing. on a positive note i received an astro mixamp yesterday, looking forward to testing it with the hd201 and hd598. for a mic i am going to use the sony ecmcs3 clip on. just waiting on the appropriate Y cable to arrive so i can hook everything up.

i have been using the hd598 with the turtle beach dss and using the kinect for a mic, friends are not to thrilled with my mic quality and thats why i bought the astro mixamp. i still say the turtle beach dx12 is a best buy @ $45 shipped from woot.com because you get surround with decent sound and only a tiny wire going across the floor. remember i sit 16ft from the tv. with the mixamp i will have wires all over the damn place. going to have to find a better method of cable management than just zip ties.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page