The NEW Gaming Headset/Headphone Topic! (REQUEST STICKY PLZ) - Page 192 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 24Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #5731 of 5757 Unread 05-08-2015, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rightintel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,855
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokozuna View Post
my headset journey is over, i am back to using the DX12 by turtle beach because of the ease of use and convenience. using headphones with a mixamp and mic means you have wires everywhere and it just not convenient. for the money and convenience i feel the dx12's are the best bang for your buck. also in games like cod aw you can not hear enemy footsteps so having a high dollar setup is money wasted. i still feel friends should not let friends buy wireless headsets. the charging of the batteries and all the weird little hiccups that wireless headsets have ruin the experience imo. wired is the only way to go. anyway, if you found a setup your happy with i am happy for you, we have and we are never looking back.

dx12 ftw on xbox one!
I can't speak to your wireless headset experience, but mine w/ the Warheads and the Stealth 500X has been 99% problem free. The Stealth's surround has been very good in COD/Destiny.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
rightintel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5732 of 5757 Unread 05-09-2015, 07:49 AM
Senior Member
 
smokozuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by henhowc View Post
not sure what hiccups you are talking about when it comes to wireless. the only thing prohibitive about them is higher cost versus wired. if you can't remember to charge your headset after a long play session i don't know what to say. take a break. :P
hiccups include things like astro a50's locking up and having to be left on until the batteries are completely depleted so they they can be recharged and re synced, temporary drop outs of sound during gameplay that kill immersion, sound quality is much worse than a wired headset so you are giving up sound quality for mobility, would you like me to go on? for the money paid wireless do not work well from any manufacturer. many people have long play sessions of 8 to 10 hours and batteries go flat during game play without much warning. wired is the best trust me on that one.
smokozuna is online now  
post #5733 of 5757 Unread 05-09-2015, 07:54 AM
Senior Member
 
smokozuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
I can't speak to your wireless headset experience, but mine w/ the Warheads and the Stealth 500X has been 99% problem free. The Stealth's surround has been very good in COD/Destiny.
thats great i am happy for you. my setup is 100% trouble free and sounds better than your setup and cost much less

my point is for the money the DX12 is impossible to beat. we are not casual gamers, we play seriously and we play for hours on end. no serious gamer that wants to do well uses wireless. and headsets like the polk 4 shots and turtle beach xo7's are garbage, those people ought to be arrested for selling headsets for $160 that perform so terribly. its a crime
MilkManX likes this.
smokozuna is online now  
post #5734 of 5757 Unread 05-09-2015, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rightintel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,855
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokozuna View Post
thats great i am happy for you. my setup is 100% trouble free and sounds better than your setup and cost much less

my point is for the money the DX12 is impossible to beat. we are not casual gamers, we play seriously and we play for hours on end. no serious gamer that wants to do well uses wireless. and headsets like the polk 4 shots and turtle beach xo7's are garbage, those people ought to be arrested for selling headsets for $160 that perform so terribly. its a crime
I can't speak to the DX12, but I used to use wired sets. Didn't find their surround processing to be any better though.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
rightintel is offline  
post #5735 of 5757 Unread 05-09-2015, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
emartins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 5,129
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1010 Post(s)
Liked: 854
For wireless I still recommend the steelseries h wireless. 2nd best headset I've used and the battery lasts an easy 15 hours. They give you 2 batteries so one is always fully charged as the base charges the extra battery. The convenience of not having 8 foot wires running across the floor outweigh what my pc360/5.8 combo. It did sound better but not by much and worth the wires. I go back and forth from recliner to racing seat and no wires is great.
ElectronicTonic likes this.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
emartins is offline  
post #5736 of 5757 Unread 05-10-2015, 01:43 PM
Senior Member
 
smokozuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
I can't speak to the DX12, but I used to use wired sets. Didn't find their surround processing to be any better though.
understood. my back to back comparison was between the x42, px4 and dx12. there was a massive difference between the 3 in sound quality. i sold the px4 and x42 immediately because the sound quality was much worse than the dx12. now im not saying the dx12 is the best headset. i am saying for the money, around $40 to $50 refurbed off ebay or woot when they are in stock is a very good deal imo. you get surround sound and good sound quality for a low price. to me compared to say the xo7 for $159 its a no brainer, the xo7 are very very comfortable but sound awful for the money spent.
smokozuna is online now  
post #5737 of 5757 Unread 05-10-2015, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rightintel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,855
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokozuna View Post
understood. my back to back comparison was between the x42, px4 and dx12. there was a massive difference between the 3 in sound quality. i sold the px4 and x42 immediately because the sound quality was much worse than the dx12. now im not saying the dx12 is the best headset. i am saying for the money, around $40 to $50 refurbed off ebay or woot when they are in stock is a very good deal imo. you get surround sound and good sound quality for a low price. to me compared to say the xo7 for $159 its a no brainer, the xo7 are very very comfortable but sound awful for the money spent.
having a separate processor like the DX12 probably helps I assume.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
rightintel is offline  
post #5738 of 5757 Unread 05-11-2015, 02:58 PM
Senior Member
 
henhowc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 90025
Posts: 331
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 22
the wires is what turns me off. even having to plug into a controller is annoying to me

maybe if my headset breaks on me one of these days i will try going wired to see if i can even notice the sq difference
henhowc is offline  
post #5739 of 5757 Unread 07-28-2015, 11:16 AM
Senior Member
 
MilkManX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: AZ USA
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Talking

After some debate I decided to check out the new Turtle Beach Stealth 420X Headset. ($150)




IT is completely WIRELESS.

Setup is very simple. Plug Usb dongle into Xbox One.

Turn on Xbox One. Turn on the Headset.

Headset has a built in battery that is rated for 15 hours of use. Recharges with a micro USB just like the Play and charge kit.

I have a large head and the Headset fits comfortably and is light!

This is a "Stereo" headset only but going from the Turtle Beach Digital DSS2 DX12(5.1 Surround) I had, to this I noticed a lot of improvement in the sound. Directional sounds seem just as good if not better than with the other Headset I had. I can hear it just a bit clearer and more bass response even without the Bass boost on.

This headset has MIC Monitoring and an excellent Noise gate on the Mic. I can have my fan blasting me and no one hears it until I speak and then it is only for the duration that I speak. Good stuff.

There are 3 sound Presets-

Bass Boost , Bass & Treble Boost and Vocal Boost.

I found the regular sound field was perfect for me. The Bass boost has a lot of BASS!

I played Titanfall and was top of the scoreboard on my first match with these babies. Sounds great on Halo and Borderlands as well.

SO overall being that this model is $50-$150 cheaper than the other fully wireless sets out there and sounds Fantastic I am rating this 9/10
MilkManX is offline  
post #5740 of 5757 Unread 07-30-2015, 12:05 PM
Member
 
indyfranks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I think I'm to the point where I've given up on my Astro A50 (Gen 1) headset. It works fine on my 360, but the chat on XB1 only seems to work half the time. I love the audio and build quality of the A50, but if I can't chat on XB1, it's pretty much worthless to me.

I need a wireless headset, so I'm trying to decide between a NEW A50 (Gen 2) that's specifically for XB1 or the new Turtle Beach Elite 800x. I am very hesitant to throw another $300 at Astro, but the review of the 800x aren't stellar either, with mic problems seemingly very common there too.

Anyone out there try the new TB Elite 800x headset yet that can give a first-hand non-biased review?

XBox - IndyMark007
indyfranks is offline  
post #5741 of 5757 Unread 07-30-2015, 12:14 PM
Senior Member
 
torii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 38
this is my favorite headset, but a couple years old so maybe something better now

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Per...heiser+headset

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc800v, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5 Subs: Velodyne HGS 12, VA 1512
torii is offline  
post #5742 of 5757 Unread 07-30-2015, 03:38 PM
Senior Member
 
jbn008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 403
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfranks View Post
I think I'm to the point where I've given up on my Astro A50 (Gen 1) headset. It works fine on my 360, but the chat on XB1 only seems to work half the time. I love the audio and build quality of the A50, but if I can't chat on XB1, it's pretty much worthless to me.

I need a wireless headset, so I'm trying to decide between a NEW A50 (Gen 2) that's specifically for XB1 or the new Turtle Beach Elite 800x. I am very hesitant to throw another $300 at Astro, but the review of the 800x aren't stellar either, with mic problems seemingly very common there too.

Anyone out there try the new TB Elite 800x headset yet that can give a first-hand non-biased review?
I currently have the 800x and have been happy with them. I will say that it's the 2nd pair I've owned as I had the mic problem on the first pair, but the replacement unit has been flawless (there must have been a few lemons out of production).

I have also owned the A50s and the 500x (I really liked the Stealth 500x). If you don't care about having the charging cradle, boom-less mic, bluetooth, and noise cancelling features then stick with the 500x.

Headless Petie
jbn008 is offline  
post #5743 of 5757 Unread 07-30-2015, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rightintel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,855
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfranks View Post
I think I'm to the point where I've given up on my Astro A50 (Gen 1) headset. It works fine on my 360, but the chat on XB1 only seems to work half the time. I love the audio and build quality of the A50, but if I can't chat on XB1, it's pretty much worthless to me.

I need a wireless headset, so I'm trying to decide between a NEW A50 (Gen 2) that's specifically for XB1 or the new Turtle Beach Elite 800x. I am very hesitant to throw another $300 at Astro, but the review of the 800x aren't stellar either, with mic problems seemingly very common there too.

Anyone out there try the new TB Elite 800x headset yet that can give a first-hand non-biased review?
I've the Stealth 500X, and it doesn't have the built in mic, so I've had no problems there. Very happy w/ the surround processing and battery life. Maybe a used pair? It won't wow audiophiles, but it won't be bad enough to matter. Amazon has a used deal for $163 delivered. I've bought a few things from Amazon warehouse deals, and they're basically brand spankin new stuff that was scratched or returned right away. Brand new is like $200.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
rightintel is offline  
post #5744 of 5757 Unread 07-30-2015, 07:51 PM
Member
 
indyfranks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Thanks guys. Maybe I'll save myself $100 and give the Stealth 500x a shot.

XBox - IndyMark007
indyfranks is offline  
post #5745 of 5757 Unread 07-31-2015, 04:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Alex solomon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,383
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The OP mentioned that the Tritton AX720 v1 can be used with any regular headphone. I am thinking of buying the decoder box only to use as a surround processor, only used only when watching TV and movies from my PS3. What kind of connector do I need to buy in order to use this with a typical regular headphones with a 3.5mm plug connector?

I see the newer version, AX720 +720 V1.5, has a USB headphone connector. Is there any USB to 3.5 mm (1/8") converter out there I can buy to use with the newer version decoder box with any regular headphone as well? My headphone is the AKG Q701. Thanks.


I want to hear opinions from people who don't have a dog in the fight.
Alex solomon is offline  
post #5746 of 5757 Unread 07-31-2015, 11:27 AM
Member
 
MD MC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I may have posted impressions in this thread earlier for the 500x, but ill provide an update.

Purchased on release day back in Nov 2014, have had no issues at all. I have upgraded the firmware twice but havent checked for updates in about 3-4 months. First upgrade i believe added some additional surround mode/processing options, 2nd update was for Mac compatibility. They have been flawless and battery life is very good, id say 15 hours is about accurate. I use them about equal for gaming and bluray/video watching from Netflix, TV app, HBOGo, etc. I can go upstairs and out of line of site of the USB receiver for about 30 feet before it starts to snap and crackle. Stepping outside of a sliding glass door about 10 feet from the receiver causes it to drop out though.

I would buy them again. I think the 800x looks better but honestly, i hide alot of gaming stuff when females are over and i cant see them when they are on my head, so dont let that be a factor. Blutooth would be nice, but again, I kinda want to be left alone when im gaming and in the rare case i need to hear a call come through, i use the included 3.5mm plug and I can get calls/music from my phone/tablet.
MD MC is offline  
post #5747 of 5757 Unread 07-31-2015, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mphfrom77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: northern KY
Posts: 4,124
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex solomon View Post
The OP mentioned that the Tritton AX720 v1 can be used with any regular headphone. I am thinking of buying the decoder box only to use as a surround processor, only used only when watching TV and movies from my PS3. What kind of connector do I need to buy in order to use this with a typical regular headphones with a 3.5mm plug connector?

I see the newer version, AX720 +720 V1.5, has a USB headphone connector. Is there any USB to 3.5 mm (1/8") converter out there I can buy to use with the newer version decoder box with any regular headphone as well? My headphone is the AKG Q701. Thanks.

I have the older 720 amp/ headphones. You can just separate the headset where the volume control is on the wire and plug any old headphones in at that spot. . I'd did that with a Modmic as well for a while.

I'm not sure how the new model works though.
mphfrom77 is offline  
post #5748 of 5757 Unread 07-31-2015, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Alex solomon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,383
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post
I have the older 720 amp/ headphones. You can just separate the headset where the volume control is on the wire and plug any old headphones in at that spot. . I'd did that with a Modmic as well for a while.

I'm not sure how the new model works though.
Thanks. The one I was looking at to buy is for decoder box only, no other cable comes with it. I will look for one that comes with the cable or see if I can purchase the cable separately. I don't know what it looks like< i will just google it.

Is there a difference in sound quality though between the old version and the new?

I want to hear opinions from people who don't have a dog in the fight.
Alex solomon is offline  
post #5749 of 5757 Unread 07-31-2015, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mphfrom77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: northern KY
Posts: 4,124
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 308
I don't know about the new one...sorry.

Looking at the decoder box pic...it almost doesn't look like a usb hub. More like a proprietary connection. I'd have to research more to be sure, so you might want to check on that as far as the new decoder box that tritton has.
mphfrom77 is offline  
post #5750 of 5757 Unread 07-31-2015, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mphfrom77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: northern KY
Posts: 4,124
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 308
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/per...adset-review/1

That review might help clear some things up.

Looks like, to me:

There is a plain 5.1 analog output on the back for any old set of headphones.

I get the idea that the USB port in the front is mainly for chat party communication. You might have to purchase a dongle for that probably.

Hope I've help a little.
mphfrom77 is offline  
post #5751 of 5757 Unread 07-31-2015, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Alex solomon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,383
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/per...adset-review/1

That review might help clear some things up.

Looks like, to me:

There is a plain 5.1 analog output on the back for any old set of headphones.

I get the idea that the USB port in the front is mainly for chat party communication. You might have to purchase a dongle for that probably.

Hope I've help a little.
I am even more confused now
The 5.1 analog out looks nice but I have to find an adapter that has three RCA male plugs to a 1/8" female so I can connect a regular headphone. A USB to 3.5mm adapter are easy to find >>>> http://www.ebay.com/bhp/usb-headphone-adapter but not so sure those are regular USB connectors.

I will try the first generation that you have. Do I need to buy any adapter for that? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tritton-AX-7...item1e97e209b3

BTW, those headphone connectors look like a proprietary headphone jacks made specificaly for the AX720 headset. Where can i buy an adapter for a 3.5 mm connection?

I want to hear opinions from people who don't have a dog in the fight.

Last edited by Alex solomon; 07-31-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Alex solomon is offline  
post #5752 of 5757 Unread 07-31-2015, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rightintel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,855
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD MC View Post
I may have posted impressions in this thread earlier for the 500x, but ill provide an update.

Purchased on release day back in Nov 2014, have had no issues at all. I have upgraded the firmware twice but havent checked for updates in about 3-4 months. First upgrade i believe added some additional surround mode/processing options, 2nd update was for Mac compatibility. They have been flawless and battery life is very good, id say 15 hours is about accurate. I use them about equal for gaming and bluray/video watching from Netflix, TV app, HBOGo, etc. I can go upstairs and out of line of site of the USB receiver for about 30 feet before it starts to snap and crackle. Stepping outside of a sliding glass door about 10 feet from the receiver causes it to drop out though.

I would buy them again. I think the 800x looks better but honestly, i hide alot of gaming stuff when females are over and i cant see them when they are on my head, so dont let that be a factor. Blutooth would be nice, but again, I kinda want to be left alone when im gaming and in the rare case i need to hear a call come through, i use the included 3.5mm plug and I can get calls/music from my phone/tablet.
I've had the identical satisfactory experience w/ the 500X-including hiding them when females are over lol.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
rightintel is offline  
post #5753 of 5757 Unread 07-31-2015, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Alex solomon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,383
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I wonder if this is the cable that supports a regular headphone with a 3.5 mm connection to the newer AX720?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mad-Catz-Tri.../321450649117?

I want to hear opinions from people who don't have a dog in the fight.

Last edited by Alex solomon; 07-31-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Alex solomon is offline  
post #5754 of 5757 Unread 07-31-2015, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mphfrom77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: northern KY
Posts: 4,124
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Yeah that looks like the correct part for the new decoder I'm guessing.

Then you plug your headset into one input and your mic into the other.

It should have a very handy mute switch there for your mic and quick volume controls there as well for both chat and game. That is a very hand connection, basically like my original it appears.
mphfrom77 is offline  
post #5755 of 5757 Unread 07-31-2015, 08:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Big Brad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Palmetto, FL
Posts: 2,046
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 329
I've recently been having issues with my year old Turtle Beach PX4's (audio dropouts across all devices), plus I've never been happy with the overall sound quality and the lack of an adjustable bass boost. I'm not a fan of on/off type boosts of any kind. I'd rather control the amount of added bass or treble that I want.

I ended up grabbing the Turtle Beach X12's and paired them with my Turtle Beach DSS I had laying around. The difference in sound quality is night and day to my ears. Bass isn't bloated unless you jack the bass boost all the way up. The treble and mids are fairly balanced, more so than the PX4, and are a close match for my Sony 7506's. Chat quality is great and I haven't had any complaints from friends I've chatted with on both the XBOX One and PS4.

I know that the PX4's are dated and being wireless you get what you pay for (I paid $120 for the last year). Personally, I'll take better quality audio over wireless functionality. Looks like I can give my PX4's to my cousin at this point as I no longer have a use for them. Hope he doesn't mind audio dropouts. Haha.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
Big Brad is offline  
post #5756 of 5757 Unread Yesterday, 04:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Alex solomon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,383
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post
Yeah that looks like the correct part for the new decoder I'm guessing.

Then you plug your headset into one input and your mic into the other.

It should have a very handy mute switch there for your mic and quick volume controls there as well for both chat and game. That is a very hand connection, basically like my original it appears.
Thank you mphfrom. Much appreciated.

I want to hear opinions from people who don't have a dog in the fight.
Alex solomon is offline  
post #5757 of 5757 Unread Today, 10:32 PM
Senior Member
 
smokozuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post
I've recently been having issues with my year old Turtle Beach PX4's (audio dropouts across all devices), plus I've never been happy with the overall sound quality and the lack of an adjustable bass boost. I'm not a fan of on/off type boosts of any kind. I'd rather control the amount of added bass or treble that I want.

I ended up grabbing the Turtle Beach X12's and paired them with my Turtle Beach DSS I had laying around. The difference in sound quality is night and day to my ears. Bass isn't bloated unless you jack the bass boost all the way up. The treble and mids are fairly balanced, more so than the PX4, and are a close match for my Sony 7506's. Chat quality is great and I haven't had any complaints from friends I've chatted with on both the XBOX One and PS4.

I know that the PX4's are dated and being wireless you get what you pay for (I paid $120 for the last year). Personally, I'll take better quality audio over wireless functionality. Looks like I can give my PX4's to my cousin at this point as I no longer have a use for them. Hope he doesn't mind audio dropouts. Haha.
i noticed the exact same thing, my px4's were functioning perfectly but sounded like trash compared to the dx12's.
smokozuna is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Xbox Area



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off