The NEW Gaming Headset/Headphone Topic! (REQUEST STICKY PLZ) - Page 192 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 24Likes
post #5731 of 5739 Old 05-08-2015, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokozuna View Post
my headset journey is over, i am back to using the DX12 by turtle beach because of the ease of use and convenience. using headphones with a mixamp and mic means you have wires everywhere and it just not convenient. for the money and convenience i feel the dx12's are the best bang for your buck. also in games like cod aw you can not hear enemy footsteps so having a high dollar setup is money wasted. i still feel friends should not let friends buy wireless headsets. the charging of the batteries and all the weird little hiccups that wireless headsets have ruin the experience imo. wired is the only way to go. anyway, if you found a setup your happy with i am happy for you, we have and we are never looking back.

dx12 ftw on xbox one!
I can't speak to your wireless headset experience, but mine w/ the Warheads and the Stealth 500X has been 99% problem free. The Stealth's surround has been very good in COD/Destiny.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5732 of 5739 Old 05-09-2015, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by henhowc View Post
not sure what hiccups you are talking about when it comes to wireless. the only thing prohibitive about them is higher cost versus wired. if you can't remember to charge your headset after a long play session i don't know what to say. take a break. :P
hiccups include things like astro a50's locking up and having to be left on until the batteries are completely depleted so they they can be recharged and re synced, temporary drop outs of sound during gameplay that kill immersion, sound quality is much worse than a wired headset so you are giving up sound quality for mobility, would you like me to go on? for the money paid wireless do not work well from any manufacturer. many people have long play sessions of 8 to 10 hours and batteries go flat during game play without much warning. wired is the best trust me on that one.
post #5733 of 5739 Old 05-09-2015, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
I can't speak to your wireless headset experience, but mine w/ the Warheads and the Stealth 500X has been 99% problem free. The Stealth's surround has been very good in COD/Destiny.
thats great i am happy for you. my setup is 100% trouble free and sounds better than your setup and cost much less

my point is for the money the DX12 is impossible to beat. we are not casual gamers, we play seriously and we play for hours on end. no serious gamer that wants to do well uses wireless. and headsets like the polk 4 shots and turtle beach xo7's are garbage, those people ought to be arrested for selling headsets for $160 that perform so terribly. its a crime
MilkManX likes this.
post #5734 of 5739 Old 05-09-2015, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
thats great i am happy for you. my setup is 100% trouble free and sounds better than your setup and cost much less

my point is for the money the DX12 is impossible to beat. we are not casual gamers, we play seriously and we play for hours on end. no serious gamer that wants to do well uses wireless. and headsets like the polk 4 shots and turtle beach xo7's are garbage, those people ought to be arrested for selling headsets for $160 that perform so terribly. its a crime
I can't speak to the DX12, but I used to use wired sets. Didn't find their surround processing to be any better though.

post #5735 of 5739 Old 05-09-2015, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1007 Post(s)
Liked: 851
For wireless I still recommend the steelseries h wireless. 2nd best headset I've used and the battery lasts an easy 15 hours. They give you 2 batteries so one is always fully charged as the base charges the extra battery. The convenience of not having 8 foot wires running across the floor outweigh what my pc360/5.8 combo. It did sound better but not by much and worth the wires. I go back and forth from recliner to racing seat and no wires is great.
ElectronicTonic likes this.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
post #5736 of 5739 Old 05-10-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
I can't speak to the DX12, but I used to use wired sets. Didn't find their surround processing to be any better though.
understood. my back to back comparison was between the x42, px4 and dx12. there was a massive difference between the 3 in sound quality. i sold the px4 and x42 immediately because the sound quality was much worse than the dx12. now im not saying the dx12 is the best headset. i am saying for the money, around $40 to $50 refurbed off ebay or woot when they are in stock is a very good deal imo. you get surround sound and good sound quality for a low price. to me compared to say the xo7 for $159 its a no brainer, the xo7 are very very comfortable but sound awful for the money spent.
post #5737 of 5739 Old 05-10-2015, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
understood. my back to back comparison was between the x42, px4 and dx12. there was a massive difference between the 3 in sound quality. i sold the px4 and x42 immediately because the sound quality was much worse than the dx12. now im not saying the dx12 is the best headset. i am saying for the money, around $40 to $50 refurbed off ebay or woot when they are in stock is a very good deal imo. you get surround sound and good sound quality for a low price. to me compared to say the xo7 for $159 its a no brainer, the xo7 are very very comfortable but sound awful for the money spent.
having a separate processor like the DX12 probably helps I assume.

post #5738 of 5739 Old 05-11-2015, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 22
the wires is what turns me off. even having to plug into a controller is annoying to me

maybe if my headset breaks on me one of these days i will try going wired to see if i can even notice the sq difference
post #5739 of 5739 Unread Today, 11:16 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Talking

After some debate I decided to check out the new Turtle Beach Stealth 420X Headset. ($150)

IT is completely WIRELESS.

Setup is very simple. Plug Usb dongle into Xbox One.

Turn on Xbox One. Turn on the Headset.

Headset has a built in battery that is rated for 15 hours of use. Recharges with a micro USB just like the Play and charge kit.

I have a large head and the Headset fits comfortably and is light!

This is a "Stereo" headset only but going from the Turtle Beach Digital DSS2 DX12(5.1 Surround) I had, to this I noticed a lot of improvement in the sound. Directional sounds seem just as good if not better than with the other Headset I had. I can hear it just a bit clearer and more bass response even without the Bass boost on.

This headset has MIC Monitoring and an excellent Noise gate on the Mic. I can have my fan blasting me and no one hears it until I speak and then it is only for the duration that I speak. Good stuff.

There are 3 sound Presets-

Bass Boost , Bass & Treble Boost and Vocal Boost.

I found the regular sound field was perfect for me. The Bass boost has a lot of BASS!

I played Titanfall and was top of the scoreboard on my first match with these babies. Sounds great on Halo and Borderlands as well.

SO overall being that this model is $50-$150 cheaper than the other fully wireless sets out there and sounds Fantastic I am rating this 9/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page