The NEW Gaming Headset/Headphone Topic! (REQUEST STICKY PLZ) - Page 193 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 24Likes

post #5761 of 5768 Old 08-05-2015, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley79 View Post
For people who have tried the Turtle Beach Stealth 500x and the 800x, is there that much of a difference to warrant the price difference? I understand the different features are something to consider, but I'm more concerned if the audio quality is any different between the 2.
I can't speak to the 800, but I doubt there's a substantive sound quality difference. Only 63% of the Amazon reviews are 4 star or higher, and for $300, that's not gonna get it done. A used 500X(from Amazon warehouse deals) is $163 delivered. These are basically brand new items that were returned early or have minor cosmetic damage. A new 500X I think is $200, and since gaming headphones(wireless) are rarely audiophile anyway, the 500X is a solid buy. They also have many more positive reviews.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5762 of 5768 Old 08-05-2015, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22 View Post
I'm sure you're right, but having all those wires in the way was a huge pain in the a$$. I owned a pair and used them in my 360 days. Are there any new wired headsets that sound great?
lol all what wires... there is one wire coming from the console to the headset. its when you have a mixamp, your own headphones, your own mic that the wires become a tangled mess. dx12's are wired friendly imo.

Are there any new wired headsets that sound great?

wired to just the controller or wired to the console and controller?
post #5763 of 5768 Old 08-14-2015, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
I can't speak to the 800, but I doubt there's a substantive sound quality difference. Only 63% of the Amazon reviews are 4 star or higher, and for $300, that's not gonna get it done. A used 500X(from Amazon warehouse deals) is $163 delivered. These are basically brand new items that were returned early or have minor cosmetic damage. A new 500X I think is $200, and since gaming headphones(wireless) are rarely audiophile anyway, the 500X is a solid buy. They also have many more positive reviews.
Have tried the 800x's and they have awesome sound but the chat mic is horrible. There are several settings to choose from but none of them help, only makes it louder but still sounds bad. I think the "no boom mic" was a bad idea on their part, if the headset moves just a little it affects the sound of your voice since the mics are built into the cups.
Have switched to the "SteelSeries H Wireless" and has cured the problem with chat, and sounds just as good as the 800x, just have that mic cable from headset to controller.

Mitsubishi WD-92840
Yamaha CX-A5000 + Emotiva XPA-5
GoldenEar Triton Five + SuperCenter XXL + Axiom QS8's
HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subwoofer
LG BP550+ Sony BDP-CX960 + HTPC +Xbox One
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rustolamite
post #5764 of 5768 Old 08-14-2015, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustolemite View Post
Have tried the 800x's and they have awesome sound but the chat mic is horrible. There are several settings to choose from but none of them help, only makes it louder but still sounds bad. I think the "no boom mic" was a bad idea on their part, if the headset moves just a little it affects the sound of your voice since the mics are built into the cups.
Have switched to the "SteelSeries H Wireless" and has cured the problem with chat, and sounds just as good as the 800x, just have that mic cable from headset to controller.
I said all along b4 they released it that the built in mic was a bad idea, and unlikely to work. You can't simply move it away/closer to your mouth like w/ a boom. Not to mention what real benefit is there to it? It's not like going completely wireless or anything like that.

post #5765 of 5768 Old 08-14-2015, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
I said all along b4 they released it that the built in mic was a bad idea, and unlikely to work. You can't simply move it away/closer to your mouth like w/ a boom. Not to mention what real benefit is there to it? It's not like going completely wireless or anything like that.
There is a new update for the 800x software and my buddy who has a set updated his firmware and we were just in a party chat and the chat sound was 100% better, you could actually hear him.

Mitsubishi WD-92840
Yamaha CX-A5000 + Emotiva XPA-5
GoldenEar Triton Five + SuperCenter XXL + Axiom QS8's
HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subwoofer
LG BP550+ Sony BDP-CX960 + HTPC +Xbox One
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rustolamite
post #5766 of 5768 Old 08-15-2015, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustolemite View Post
There is a new update for the 800x software and my buddy who has a set updated his firmware and we were just in a party chat and the chat sound was 100% better, you could actually hear him.
Yeah, I just updated my 500x. I wasn't having any problems, but I did wanna try out some of the different pre-sets(like Superhuman Hearing).

post #5767 of 5768 Old 08-15-2015, 06:50 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 27
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Now that Microsoft added a 3.5mm jack these should work great.

XBOX Live Gamertag: budracin88
Steam ID: Budracin88
PSN ID: Budracin8808
post #5768 of 5768 Old 08-15-2015, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budracin8 View Post
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Now that Microsoft added a 3.5mm jack these should work great.
For the money/features, those look like a phenomenal value.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page