Originally Posted by rightintel
I'm definitely looking at those, and also the new TB Stealth 700 as well. The TB's come out in September, and also are a little cheaper. I'm certainly open though as to why I should wait and pay more for the Lucid version. They definitely look interesting...
I have yet to see the Stealth 700 in person, but it also uses the same wireless connection as the LS35X. Both pair to your Xbox One just like a controller. From what I can see online regarding the Stealth 700, here are some advantages of the LS35X:
- Intuitive and easy to find volume controls for Game and Chat audio...searching for controls on a wireless headset was always a pet peeve of ours
- Easy to find playback and mic mute buttons (the whole side of the earcup is a button on each side)
- Boom mic has a mic mute LED to easily tell if it's muted
- Major stress points made of metal instead of plastic including the frame extenders and earcup rotation points
- Dual material earpads with gel coated memory foam (gel coat helps cooling). The part that touches your head is breathable fabric while the sides that don't touch your ears are synthetic leather for better sound (fabric/foam absorbs sound)
- We enlarged the interior earcup space to more comfortably fit larger ears
- Mic monitor can be turned on/off
- I personally (and of course I'm biased here) feel that the acoustics are superior to TB headsets in this price range
- While the Stealth 700 features bluetooth and we use a 3.5mm connection for phones, I think our styling is better and more suited for wearing outdoors. And our boom mic is removable while leaving the internal mic available for taking phone calls.
You can see from our past headsets that we receive quite favorable reviews:
“Best wireless Xbox One headset”
“LucidSound LS40 - A wireless headset without the compromises”
“LucidSound LS40 is a near-perfect headset for Xbox One and PC”
“I've reviewed and tested dozens of headsets for Xbox One and PC, and I can quite honestly say LucidSound's LS40 comes close to perfection.”
"The LucidSound LS40s, in terms of sound quality, are absolutely top rate and match or exceed every other gaming headset on the market. The volumetric DTS Headphone:X sound space is fantastic and genuinely adds a level of immersion that you just don't get in LucidSound's lower-range offerings."
Many more reviews here:
I'll try not to turn this into spam, but if you have questions, please ask!