The NEW Gaming Headset/Headphone Topic! (REQUEST STICKY PLZ) - Page 198 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 46Likes

post #5911 of 5932 Old 08-15-2017, 08:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 701 Post(s)
Liked: 263
I didn't realize this, but I guess a little while back MS added an update to the One that does their own virtual surround sound processing(including Dolby Atmos). I just set my TB Stealth 500X to stereo, and switched to the MS virtual surround thru the One's audio settings and...
HO...
LY...
CRAP.
it's like a new pair of headsets. I never realized how BAD my TB's were at virtual surround. It's like night and day...
amoneys2k likes this.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5912 of 5932 Old 08-16-2017, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Yeah, the Windows Sonic for Headphones surround algorithm is really good. Games (and updates to some current games) will be coming out soon that will take full advantage of the 3D audio. Very good technical discussion at GDC about it here:

https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/GDC...17/GDC2017-002

We put some instructions on our website for how to configure it for LuicdSound headsets here:

https://lucidsound.zendesk.com/hc/en...c-for-Xbox-One
post #5913 of 5932 Old 08-16-2017, 06:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoneys2k View Post
Yeah, the Windows Sonic for Headphones surround algorithm is really good. Games (and updates to some current games) will be coming out soon that will take full advantage of the 3D audio. Very good technical discussion at GDC about it here:

https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/GDC...17/GDC2017-002

We put some instructions on our website for how to configure it for LuicdSound headsets here:

https://lucidsound.zendesk.com/hc/en...c-for-Xbox-One
The virtual surround box in the settings is gone now...I was gonna buy those cans, but I didn't want the wire to the chat cable. I hear they process surround well.

post #5914 of 5932 Old 08-16-2017, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
The virtual surround box in the settings is gone now...I was gonna buy those cans, but I didn't want the wire to the chat cable. I hear they process surround well.
Yeah, in the latest Xbox One update they removed the "Virtual Surround" check box because there wasn't a need for it. If you turn on Windows Sonic, you get Virtual Surround.

If you don't want any wires and a headset that pairs to your Xbox One just like your wireless controller, check these out:

https://www.amazon.com/LucidSound-Of.../dp/B071JSYH33
post #5915 of 5932 Old 08-17-2017, 09:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah, in the latest Xbox One update they removed the "Virtual Surround" check box because there wasn't a need for it. If you turn on Windows Sonic, you get Virtual Surround.

If you don't want any wires and a headset that pairs to your Xbox One just like your wireless controller, check these out:

https://www.amazon.com/LucidSound-Of.../dp/B071JSYH33
I'm definitely looking at those, and also the new TB Stealth 700 as well. The TB's come out in September, and also are a little cheaper. I'm certainly open though as to why I should wait and pay more for the Lucid version. They definitely look interesting...
amoneys2k likes this.

post #5916 of 5932 Old 08-18-2017, 01:04 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
I'm definitely looking at those, and also the new TB Stealth 700 as well. The TB's come out in September, and also are a little cheaper. I'm certainly open though as to why I should wait and pay more for the Lucid version. They definitely look interesting...
I just got the Lucidsound LS40 and they are great headphones. They have 7.1 wireless surround sound. The only thing is that you have to plug it in to the controller for chat. If these are on your price range I would recommend them.

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk
amoneys2k likes this.
post #5917 of 5932 Old 08-18-2017, 03:54 PM

Quote:
I have yet to see the Stealth 700 in person, but it also uses the same wireless connection as the LS35X. Both pair to your Xbox One just like a controller. From what I can see online regarding the Stealth 700, here are some advantages of the LS35X:

- Intuitive and easy to find volume controls for Game and Chat audio...searching for controls on a wireless headset was always a pet peeve of ours
- Easy to find playback and mic mute buttons (the whole side of the earcup is a button on each side)
- Boom mic has a mic mute LED to easily tell if it's muted
- Major stress points made of metal instead of plastic including the frame extenders and earcup rotation points
- Dual material earpads with gel coated memory foam (gel coat helps cooling). The part that touches your head is breathable fabric while the sides that don't touch your ears are synthetic leather for better sound (fabric/foam absorbs sound)
- We enlarged the interior earcup space to more comfortably fit larger ears
- Mic monitor can be turned on/off
- I personally (and of course I'm biased here) feel that the acoustics are superior to TB headsets in this price range
- While the Stealth 700 features bluetooth and we use a 3.5mm connection for phones, I think our styling is better and more suited for wearing outdoors. And our boom mic is removable while leaving the internal mic available for taking phone calls.

You can see from our past headsets that we receive quite favorable reviews:

http://www.techradar.com/news/best-c...4-and-xbox-one

“Best wireless Xbox One headset”

“LucidSound LS40 - A wireless headset without the compromises”

https://www.windowscentral.com/lucid...headset-review

“LucidSound LS40 is a near-perfect headset for Xbox One and PC”

“I've reviewed and tested dozens of headsets for Xbox One and PC, and I can quite honestly say LucidSound's LS40 comes close to perfection.”

http://www.t3.com/reviews/lucidsound...headset-review

"The LucidSound LS40s, in terms of sound quality, are absolutely top rate and match or exceed every other gaming headset on the market. The volumetric DTS Headphone:X sound space is fantastic and genuinely adds a level of immersion that you just don't get in LucidSound's lower-range offerings."

Many more reviews here:

http://www.lucidsound.com/reviews.html

I'll try not to turn this into spam, but if you have questions, please ask!

Thanks!
post #5918 of 5932 Old 08-18-2017, 07:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkd75 View Post
I just got the Lucidsound LS40 and they are great headphones. They have 7.1 wireless surround sound. The only thing is that you have to plug it in to the controller for chat. If these are on your price range I would recommend them.

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk
I almost bought those, but that damned chat cable lol...

post #5919 of 5932 Old 08-18-2017, 07:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have yet to see the Stealth 700 in person, but it also uses the same wireless connection as the LS35X. Both pair to your Xbox One just like a controller. From what I can see online regarding the Stealth 700, here are some advantages of the LS35X:

- Intuitive and easy to find volume controls for Game and Chat audio...searching for controls on a wireless headset was always a pet peeve of ours
- Easy to find playback and mic mute buttons (the whole side of the earcup is a button on each side)
- Boom mic has a mic mute LED to easily tell if it's muted
- Major stress points made of metal instead of plastic including the frame extenders and earcup rotation points
- Dual material earpads with gel coated memory foam (gel coat helps cooling). The part that touches your head is breathable fabric while the sides that don't touch your ears are synthetic leather for better sound (fabric/foam absorbs sound)
- We enlarged the interior earcup space to more comfortably fit larger ears
- Mic monitor can be turned on/off
- I personally (and of course I'm biased here) feel that the acoustics are superior to TB headsets in this price range
- While the Stealth 700 features bluetooth and we use a 3.5mm connection for phones, I think our styling is better and more suited for wearing outdoors. And our boom mic is removable while leaving the internal mic available for taking phone calls.

You can see from our past headsets that we receive quite favorable reviews:

http://www.techradar.com/news/best-c...4-and-xbox-one

“Best wireless Xbox One headset”

“LucidSound LS40 - A wireless headset without the compromises”

https://www.windowscentral.com/lucid...headset-review

“LucidSound LS40 is a near-perfect headset for Xbox One and PC”

“I've reviewed and tested dozens of headsets for Xbox One and PC, and I can quite honestly say LucidSound's LS40 comes close to perfection.”

http://www.t3.com/reviews/lucidsound...headset-review

"The LucidSound LS40s, in terms of sound quality, are absolutely top rate and match or exceed every other gaming headset on the market. The volumetric DTS Headphone:X sound space is fantastic and genuinely adds a level of immersion that you just don't get in LucidSound's lower-range offerings."

Many more reviews here:

http://www.lucidsound.com/reviews.html

I'll try not to turn this into spam, but if you have questions, please ask!

Thanks!
Well, I asked, and you certainly gave me plenty of reasons! I almost bought the LS40's, but the cord. I actually already read most of those reviews, which convinced me your quality was superior(I've had 3 TB sets over the years). Ironically, the lat two sets of 500X's have cracked at the band near the cans. So your steel supports are impressive. But December is a long ways away! Can't you get 'em out faster? I'll pay more for an early release lol.
amoneys2k likes this.

post #5920 of 5932 Old 08-29-2017, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Hi everyone.
I'm new to the Headphone thread and in the market for new headphones for my new XB1X.
I've been eyeing the new TB Stealth 600 being released 09-04-17 for $99.95
They are new, so I'm thinking they might have new/better technology in them.

Anyone have thoughts on these?

3 Hometheaters
1 Samsung 65" UHDTV (UN65KS8000)
1 Sony 49" UHDTV (XBR49X800D) For PC display.
6 HDTV's 32" to 60"
1 Desktop PC, 1 XB, 2 XB360, & 1 XB1
2 iTouch, 1 iPad Air, and 80+ total video games
post #5921 of 5932 Old 08-29-2017, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Try these

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

XBOX: Budracin88
Steam ID: Budracin88
Origin ID: Budracin88
DESTINY 2 (PC)!!! - AKA Blizzard: Budracin88#1797
Uplay ID: Budracin8808
YouTube Channel
post #5922 of 5932 Old 08-29-2017, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budracin8 View Post

Do those plug into the controller or the console?
If they plug into console, I'm thinking my cat would love to jump-attack cord, accidentally unplugging them.

3 Hometheaters
1 Samsung 65" UHDTV (UN65KS8000)
1 Sony 49" UHDTV (XBR49X800D) For PC display.
6 HDTV's 32" to 60"
1 Desktop PC, 1 XB, 2 XB360, & 1 XB1
2 iTouch, 1 iPad Air, and 80+ total video games
post #5923 of 5932 Old 09-05-2017, 04:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Ok so I brought home my Stealth 700's to get ready for Destiny, but one major problem...they initially need an update and the app(if you're using a Mac) needs Mac OS X 10.12(Sierra) to run. The highest my MacBook can go is 10.11.6(El Capitan). So I'm literally sitting here telling myself that I'm in the market for a new MacBook anyway(mine's late 2008, working perfectly), so just go get a new MacBook($1300). This way I can actually use my $150 headsets. None of my friends have a PC that I can use for that version either(they're all on Mac). Unless TB releases an update soon for the lower OS, I think I'll take these back and just keep using my Stealth 500X until the Lucid Sound LS35X comes out.

post #5924 of 5932 Old 09-05-2017, 10:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked: 1482
So I saw this and became instantly interested... The thing missing about the Xbox One ecosystem was a small wireless headset. There were times when I had a 360 and wanted a small wireless headset for those sessions when I just wanted to chat with friends and had no interest in gaming (i.e., chat with people while cleaning my room). The 360 had the nice wireless one (also useful for when I was playing Kinect and chatting):

So I was disappointed when one wasn't released for the One.

But I saw this article:

https://www.neowin.net/news/five-new...u-cut-the-cord

Microsoft has been pushing its Xbox Wireless ecosystem to accessory makers to cover both Xbox One and its Windows 10 PCs. Now, as part of that initiative, the company has unveiled five new wireless headsets through three different partners.
LucidSound and Turtle Beach each have two, while Razer will have one. The Turtle Beach headsets are available now, while the other three are expected to be available this holiday season. Pre-orders have already started.

The five headsets include:
  • LucidSound LS15X ($99.99): The first wireless in-ear headset designed specifically for the Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs. Works well for gamers with glasses or earrings to avoid extra pressure on the ears.
  • LucidSound LS35X ($179.99) - announced back in May
  • Turtle Beach Stealth 600 ($99.95)
  • Turtle Beach Stealth 700 ($149.95)
  • Razer Thresher Ultimate (price TBD)

The LucidSound LS15X is the only one I'm interested in as it appears to be completely wireless and could be used while cleaning my room.

Anyone know about any similar design? It's set for release on December 1. I'd like to know something about it before ordering it.

I had no idea Microsoft was pushing the idea of putting the Xbox Wireless protocol into PCs... I mean, it's better than Bluetooth but getting companies on board...

http://news.xbox.com/2016/08/16/expa...ess-ecosystem/

Today, we’re continuing to expand the way gamers can connect their Xbox One accessories to their PC by announcing the first PC with integrated Xbox Wireless — the Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube. With built-in Xbox Wireless, this PC supports all Xbox One wireless accessories — such as the Xbox Wireless Controller — straight out of the box, without needing any additional adapters or wires.

While this is the first partner device to have built-in Xbox Wireless support, it won’t be the last. We are currently working with other partners such as Astro, PDP, Turtle Beach, and many more. Going forward, you should expect to see both new PCs and new accessories that support Xbox Wireless as we create new ways for our fans to play seamlessly across devices. Let’s explore what this means for gamers.

In the IdeaCentre Y710, for example, we are using the Xbox Wireless Adapter and integrating it inside the physical chassis – the first time this has ever been done officially. In the future, we plan to enable direct integration of Xbox Wireless into PC motherboards with our hardware partners.

For gamers who are happy with their current PC rig, but still want to take advantage of Xbox Wireless, the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows is available now and can simply plug in to your Windows PC USB port.

And of course, your Xbox One or Xbox One S console already supports Xbox Wireless.

Through our partners, we plan to deliver a range of Xbox Wireless supported PCs and accessories such as headsets, joysticks, and other input devices. These partners include Astro, HyperX, Lenovo, Mad Catz, PDP, Plantronics, Razer, SteelSeries, and Turtle Beach. A great example of one of these accessories is PDP’s all new Rock Band Wireless Fender Jaguar Guitar Controller, found in the Rock Band Rivals Band Kit. By supporting Xbox Wireless, it will connect to your Xbox One with no need for dongles or wires.

Look for the Xbox Wireless logo on the box to know that the PC or accessory will work seamlessly within the ecosystem:

post #5925 of 5932 Old 09-06-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

The LucidSound LS15X is the only one I'm interested in as it appears to be completely wireless and could be used while cleaning my room.

Anyone know about any similar design? It's set for release on December 1. I'd like to know something about it before ordering it.
I'm happy to answer any LS15X questions you may have. FYI, the reason you don't see a small chat only headset like the X360 had is because the wireless module on the Xbox One is much more advanced to be able to carry uncompressed audio as well as chat (X360 was chat only). Due to the bigger module and battery size, it's pretty much impossible to fit it into a small on ear headset. That's why we went with the neckband design of the LS15X so we could rest those larger and heavier components on the shoulders with just lightweight earbuds in your ear. You can set the LS15X to output chat only and put just one earbud in and it'll work just like the old X360 chat headset. 100% wireless and directly connects to the console.
onlysublime likes this.
post #5926 of 5932 Old 09-06-2017, 11:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm happy to answer any LS15X questions you may have. FYI, the reason you don't see a small chat only headset like the X360 had is because the wireless module on the Xbox One is much more advanced to be able to carry uncompressed audio as well as chat (X360 was chat only). Due to the bigger module and battery size, it's pretty much impossible to fit it into a small on ear headset. That's why we went with the neckband design of the LS15X so we could rest those larger and heavier components on the shoulders with just lightweight earbuds in your ear. You can set the LS15X to output chat only and put just one earbud in and it'll work just like the old X360 chat headset. 100% wireless and directly connects to the console.
We need you to push up that LS35X release date! The TB Stealth 700's are gong back!
amoneys2k likes this.

Last edited by rightintel; 09-07-2017 at 10:18 AM.
post #5927 of 5932 Old 09-07-2017, 05:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetGod View Post
Do those plug into the controller or the console?
If they plug into console, I'm thinking my cat would love to jump-attack cord, accidentally unplugging them.

Plug into the controller.

XBOX: Budracin88
Steam ID: Budracin88
Origin ID: Budracin88
DESTINY 2 (PC)!!! - AKA Blizzard: Budracin88#1797
Uplay ID: Budracin8808
YouTube Channel
post #5928 of 5932 Old 09-07-2017, 09:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:

If that's the case, why couldn't there be a simple chat earbud that connects wirelessly to a dongle that holds those "larger and heavier components " and plugs into your controller or Xbox?

I hate using headsets and would much prefer using a simple lightweight earbud for chat. I sure do miss my little Halo earbud.
post #5929 of 5932 Old 10-16-2017, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Was happy with my TB stealth 500's, but became curious about the newly released Plantronics Rig 800LX. Glad I made the switch!

100x more comfortable for those long sessions starting on the 7th when the X hits. Better sound, and a 24hr battery(tests actually go to 26). All for $100 less. I paid for the atmos app months ago, ashame because these new ones included a code!
post #5930 of 5932 Old 10-16-2017, 07:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonmandts View Post
Was happy with my TB stealth 500's, but became curious about the newly released Plantronics Rig 800LX. Glad I made the switch!

100x more comfortable for those long sessions starting on the 7th when the X hits. Better sound, and a 24hr battery(tests actually go to 26). All for $100 less. I paid for the atmos app months ago, ashame because these new ones included a code!
40mm drivers vs 50mm on the Turtle Beach headsets. Also, Amazon sez they're out of stock, unsure when they'll get new ones. I might wait for the LS35X in December...

post #5931 of 5932 Old 10-16-2017, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Quote:

40mm drivers vs 50mm on the Turtle Beach headsets. Also, Amazon sez they're out of stock, unsure when they'll get new ones. I might wait for the LS35X in December...
They were sold out everywhere locally, except for the 1 place I despise..Gamestop. I cringed when purchasing it there, but it was worth it.

For the price, they are fantastic.
post #5932 of 5932 Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
They were sold out everywhere locally, except for the 1 place I despise..Gamestop. I cringed when purchasing it there, but it was worth it.

For the price, they are fantastic.
The definitely look good. I just didn't like the smaller drivers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page