Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

post #301 of 329 Old 08-21-2014, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 168
What view do you all prefer? I like View 3 for almost all tables.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 329 Old 08-21-2014, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbe View Post
I do miss letting your friends know you beat their score

Is this feature not available on the Xbox One version of Pinball Fx2? If not, why?

Movies must be OAR, sports and movies must also have 5.1 audio, No EE or NO SALE!
post #303 of 329 Old 08-21-2014, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
What view do you all prefer? I like View 3 for almost all tables.
3 is the best angle for aiming, but it makes me feel too low. I'm usually on 4 or 5, depending on the table.

Overhead might be what the high-scoring pros use, but when it goes to that mode during multiball, I'm worthless.

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming? Click here.
post #304 of 329 Old 08-21-2014, 11:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebarnman View Post
Is this feature not available on the Xbox One version of Pinball Fx2? If not, why?
My guess was getting the tables ported over was the biggest thing. From what Zen said they are planning on adding more features to the game. 3D support was mentioned as well.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #305 of 329 Old 08-23-2014, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
My guess was getting the tables ported over was the biggest thing. From what Zen said they are planning on adding more features to the game. 3D support was mentioned as well.
My guess exactly. I am not sure how I feel about the 3D though. I love it for movies but have never been a fan of it in games.
post #306 of 329 Old 08-23-2014, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
I miss that too! Guess we'll have to use this thread for letting people know.

Speaking of which, I was chasing one of your scores this morning - it was either Rome or Epic Quest.

You got me on both of those although we are close. I may never catch you on Guardians of the Galaxy though. Very nice.
post #307 of 329 Old 08-23-2014, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
My guess exactly. I am not sure how I feel about the 3D though. I love it for movies but have never been a fan of it in games.
As I do not have a 3D tv it's not a big deal. Though some games I could see it being a big plus for other games not so much. I would be curious to see how it played out on there though.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #308 of 329 Old 08-26-2014, 08:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Pretty good run on Pasha - broke 83mil. Currently ranked #15 .
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

post #309 of 329 Old 08-27-2014, 04:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 91
I've tried the filters to allow me to see my score in comparison against everyone, but it just sits there an never returns any scores. Anyone else have that issue?
post #310 of 329 Old 08-27-2014, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber View Post
I've tried the filters to allow me to see my score in comparison against everyone, but it just sits there an never returns any scores. Anyone else have that issue?
It's reeeeaaaallllyyyy slow. Can take 10 to 30 seconds to update leaderboards. They need to fix that.

post #311 of 329 Old 08-27-2014, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Ugh...Xbox notifications kill this game. I guess I'll have to make a mental note to disable alerts before firing up this game. Two or three times last night I lost a ball because either a friend got online or I popped an achievement. I wonder if the developer can move the notifications to the upper right hand corner or somewhere less disruptive. Other than that, fun game.

I played this after playing a few tables in Pinball Arcade on the PS4. This game is much more polished, but I guess that is easier to do when you are making up tables from the ground up. The colors are much more vibrant, the mechanics are smoother. I definitely prefer the One controller to the DS4 for pinball. My left bumper button on the DS4 controller sticks, which leads to some lost balls. Plus the trigger vibrations on the One controller just make the game feel more realistic and tactile.

This game (and Pinball Arcade on the PS4 for that matter, so I guess pinball games in general) really makes the lag of my TV stand out moreso than any other game. I usually don't bother to switch from Cinema to Game mode when I play games just because I then forget to switch it back afterwards, but this game is almost unplayable on my TV's Cinema mode. Makes me realize I need to switch to Game mode for all of my games. Maybe it'll make me a better gamer.

Xbox/PS/WiiU gamertag: GoNats
Apple Game Center: iGoNats

post #312 of 329 Old 08-27-2014, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbburns View Post
I played this after playing a few tables in Pinball Arcade on the PS4. This game is much more polished, but I guess that is easier to do when you are making up tables from the ground up. The colors are much more vibrant, the mechanics are smoother. I definitely prefer the One controller to the DS4 for pinball. My left bumper button on the DS4 controller sticks, which leads to some lost balls. Plus the trigger vibrations on the One controller just make the game feel more realistic and tactile.
Is that feature in there? I have not noticed trigger vibrations. What table did you experience this on?

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #313 of 329 Old 08-27-2014, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Is that feature in there? I have not noticed trigger vibrations. What table did you experience this on?
I didn't change any settings anywhere. I played the Captain America table and the Avengers table. I think they were the only two I played. There were definitely vibrations going on because when I was playing the Pinball Arcade on the PS4 I was thinking how nice it would have been if the controller vibrated. I didn't check the options in that game to see if it was available. In FX2, it was there by default. Good feedback when the ball was bouncing off of bumpers and whatnot.

EDIT: Oh, unless you mean vibration of the triggers specifically, aside form the other parts of the controller. I feel like one trigger or the other would vibrate based on which flipper I was using or what side of the table the ball was bouncing off of bumpers, but maybe it was just the whole controller vibration that was active. I'll try to check it out tonight.

post #314 of 329 Old 08-27-2014, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
It's reeeeaaaallllyyyy slow. Can take 10 to 30 seconds to update leaderboards. They need to fix that.
ahh gotcha. I'll let it go next time.

Thought I saw on IGN or somewhere that they are releasing a Walk Dead table?
post #315 of 329 Old 08-27-2014, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I didn't change any settings anywhere. I played the Captain America table and the Avengers table. I think they were the only two I played. There were definitely vibrations going on because when I was playing the Pinball Arcade on the PS4 I was thinking how nice it would have been if the controller vibrated. I didn't check the options in that game to see if it was available. In FX2, it was there by default. Good feedback when the ball was bouncing off of bumpers and whatnot.

EDIT: Oh, unless you mean vibration of the triggers specifically, aside form the other parts of the controller. I feel like one trigger or the other would vibrate based on which flipper I was using or what side of the table the ball was bouncing off of bumpers, but maybe it was just the whole controller vibration that was active. I'll try to check it out tonight.
I just played a star wars table. Only vibration I am feeling is from the controllers and nothing in the triggers.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #316 of 329 Old 08-27-2014, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I just played a star wars table. Only vibration I am feeling is from the controllers and nothing in the triggers.
Yeah, I quickly replayed the Captain America and Avengers tables and noticed the same thing. I guess I was just enjoying the rumble after coming from Pinball Arcade on the PS4. I'll have to check out Zen Pinball 2 or whatever this game is called on the PS4 after the Nats game. I played it a month or more ago, but I don't remember if it had rumble. I'm guessing it will.

post #317 of 329 Old 08-27-2014, 09:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Not sure what is going on, but if you Go to Xbox Bing and do a search for Walking Dead Table it is showing up right now for Free. I just downloaded it. Might be a demo until they put a price on it.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #318 of 329 Old 08-28-2014, 04:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Shows as 2.99 for me. Maybe it was a glitch at the time you saw it. If so, good for you.
post #319 of 329 Old 08-28-2014, 06:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I bought the Walking Dead table. $2.99. While not a great table, it has a couple new areas that are different. It is based on the Clementine video game. I think I ended up with 33 million or so after a few playthru's and 1 achievement. As with all the tables, they are cheap enough, so it is hard to complain as the quality of the work is always there.
post #320 of 329 Old 08-28-2014, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Anyone have any tables that quit working. While Epic Quest shows up as installed, I can't play it. Can't delete it and reinstall it either. If I highlight it, it shows 0 GB's. And now, 3 of the Star Wars tables do the same thing except they show the right download size. But I can't get them to reinstall no matter what I try. Even reinstalling the game didn't help. I'm in the beta and use an external drive so that probably has something to do with it. I did try to move it to the internal drive but that didn't help. At this rate, they will all disappear in a couple days.
post #321 of 329 Old 08-28-2014, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Anyone have any tables that quit working. While Epic Quest shows up as installed, I can't play it. Can't delete it and reinstall it either. If I highlight it, it shows 0 GB's. And now, 3 of the Star Wars tables do the same thing except they show the right download size. But I can't get them to reinstall no matter what I try. Even reinstalling the game didn't help. I'm in the beta and use an external drive so that probably has something to do with it. I did try to move it to the internal drive but that didn't help. At this rate, they will all disappear in a couple days.
I'll check out Epic quest and report back. What other tables are you having trouble with?

EDIT: Epic quest was working fine. So far no tables seem to be disappearing... Have you checked the Zen official forums to see if anyone else has had any similar problems?

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides

Last edited by Arutha_conDoin; 08-28-2014 at 10:02 AM.
post #322 of 329 Old 08-28-2014, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I'll check out Epic quest and report back. What other tables are you having trouble with?

EDIT: Epic quest was working fine. So far no tables seem to be disappearing... Have you checked the Zen official forums to see if anyone else has had any similar problems?

The Star Wars tables fixed themselves. So no problems there. I sent in feedback to MS on the Epic Quest table (Managed a screenshot showing 0 GB's) so hopefully they figure it out.

Upped my Walking Dead table to over 60 million. That's probably about as high as I can go.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.
post #323 of 329 Old 08-29-2014, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

I could have sworn that I owned the core collection from FX2 (Pasha, Rome, and a couple of other tables). So I fired up the old Xbox to see if they were there, and I do own them. For some reason, when I go to import them into the One version, it wants to charge me $9.99. Anyone else who owns this set had any trouble transferring them over?

post #324 of 329 Old 08-29-2014, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I could have sworn that I owned the core collection from FX2 (Pasha, Rome, and a couple of other tables). So I fired up the old Xbox to see if they were there, and I do own them. For some reason, when I go to import them into the One version, it wants to charge me $9.99. Anyone else who owns this set had any trouble transferring them over?
Yes.

According to Zen's FAQ - "WE ARE WORKING ON THE PINBALL FX2 CORE PACK TRANSFER ISSUE. SHOULD BE FIXED SOON"

EDIT - actually, the Core pack (Secrets of the Deep, Biolab, Pasha, Rome) transferred for me, but the Zen Classics pack (Tesla, Shaman, El Dorado, V12) has not.
dbburns likes this.

Last edited by DaverJ; 08-29-2014 at 10:06 AM.
post #325 of 329 Old Yesterday, 11:16 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Williams tables would be nice I enjoyed them on my 360 on pinball hall of fame williams collection. Why cant they get some good tables? I enjoy the action on these tables but what about old classics like arabian nights funhouse, pinbot etc..All the money spent on licensing star wars and marvel but no williams?
post #326 of 329 Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpology26 View Post
Williams tables would be nice I enjoyed them on my 360 on pinball hall of fame williams collection. Why cant they get some good tables? I enjoy the action on these tables but what about old classics like arabian nights funhouse, pinbot etc..All the money spent on licensing star wars and marvel but no williams?
Pinball FX2 is fantasy video-game pinball, not a sim of real tables.

"Pinball Arcade" is probably what you are after.

post #327 of 329 Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Thanks Im downloading it now, too bad its not on xbox one yet its on everything else...
post #328 of 329 Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yes.

According to Zen's FAQ - "WE ARE WORKING ON THE PINBALL FX2 CORE PACK TRANSFER ISSUE. SHOULD BE FIXED SOON"

EDIT - actually, the Core pack (Secrets of the Deep, Biolab, Pasha, Rome) transferred for me, but the Zen Classics pack (Tesla, Shaman, El Dorado, V12) has not.
Strange I got both the Core the the Zen packs transfer ok. It was just Paranormal that I double dipped by mistake. Though on the fipside I did manage to get Walking Dead for free somehow so I guess it evened out in the end

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #329 of 329 Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpology26 View Post
Thanks Im downloading it now, too bad its not on xbox one yet its on everything else...
From the Farsight newsletter: "We are in the process of certification currently, so you can expect to see the XBox One version out in the near future!"

Take with a grain of salt.

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page