AVS Forum banner

Pinball Fx2

28K views 334 replies 43 participants last post by  Arutha_conDoin 
#1 ·
There is an update to Pinball FX on arcade. FX2. It is a free download and will let you play your old tables. They updated the graphics on the old tables. You can also get new achievements on those old tables. You can also purchase 4 new tables for 800 MS points. It seems to play better. Not sure how I like the ball trail but overall it is a pretty well made upgrade. There is also multi-player and new leaderboard. It also has a feature called Superscore which gives you a ranking based on playing all of the tables.

#292 ·
I had lag when I first played but a hard reset and it fixed it. Not sure if it was the reason or not but since I am in the beta I am use to resetting a lot. It is nice to get back into this game. My scores are nowhere near what they were on the 360 though. It was nice to get all my old tables for free. For that reason alone, I bought all the new tables that were out since I last played. I do miss letting your friends know you beat their score though. DaverJ knows what I am talking about. Made for a fun challenge without being obnoxious. This is my all time favorite on the 360 so anyone who wants can add me (WVU Mntneers).

#293 ·
I do miss letting your friends know you beat their score though. DaverJ knows what I am talking about. Made for a fun challenge without being obnoxious. This is my all time favorite on the 360 so anyone who wants can add me (WVU Mntneers).
I miss that too! Guess we'll have to use this thread for letting people know.

Speaking of which, I was chasing one of your scores this morning - it was either Rome or Epic Quest. :)

#311 ·
Ugh...Xbox notifications kill this game. I guess I'll have to make a mental note to disable alerts before firing up this game. Two or three times last night I lost a ball because either a friend got online or I popped an achievement. I wonder if the developer can move the notifications to the upper right hand corner or somewhere less disruptive. Other than that, fun game.

I played this after playing a few tables in Pinball Arcade on the PS4. This game is much more polished, but I guess that is easier to do when you are making up tables from the ground up. The colors are much more vibrant, the mechanics are smoother. I definitely prefer the One controller to the DS4 for pinball. My left bumper button on the DS4 controller sticks, which leads to some lost balls. Plus the trigger vibrations on the One controller just make the game feel more realistic and tactile.

This game (and Pinball Arcade on the PS4 for that matter, so I guess pinball games in general) really makes the lag of my TV stand out moreso than any other game. I usually don't bother to switch from Cinema to Game mode when I play games just because I then forget to switch it back afterwards, but this game is almost unplayable on my TV's Cinema mode. Makes me realize I need to switch to Game mode for all of my games. Maybe it'll make me a better gamer. :D

#312 ·
I played this after playing a few tables in Pinball Arcade on the PS4. This game is much more polished, but I guess that is easier to do when you are making up tables from the ground up. The colors are much more vibrant, the mechanics are smoother. I definitely prefer the One controller to the DS4 for pinball. My left bumper button on the DS4 controller sticks, which leads to some lost balls. Plus the trigger vibrations on the One controller just make the game feel more realistic and tactile.
:D
Is that feature in there? I have not noticed trigger vibrations. What table did you experience this on?

#317 ·
Not sure what is going on, but if you Go to Xbox Bing and do a search for Walking Dead Table it is showing up right now for Free. I just downloaded it. Might be a demo until they put a price on it.:)

#319 ·
I bought the Walking Dead table. $2.99. While not a great table, it has a couple new areas that are different. It is based on the Clementine video game. I think I ended up with 33 million or so after a few playthru's and 1 achievement. As with all the tables, they are cheap enough, so it is hard to complain as the quality of the work is always there.

#320 ·
Anyone have any tables that quit working. While Epic Quest shows up as installed, I can't play it. Can't delete it and reinstall it either. If I highlight it, it shows 0 GB's. And now, 3 of the Star Wars tables do the same thing except they show the right download size. But I can't get them to reinstall no matter what I try. Even reinstalling the game didn't help. I'm in the beta and use an external drive so that probably has something to do with it. I did try to move it to the internal drive but that didn't help. At this rate, they will all disappear in a couple days. :eek:

#321 · (Edited)
I'll check out Epic quest and report back. What other tables are you having trouble with?

EDIT: Epic quest was working fine. So far no tables seem to be disappearing... Have you checked the Zen official forums to see if anyone else has had any similar problems?

#323 ·
I could have sworn that I owned the core collection from FX2 (Pasha, Rome, and a couple of other tables). So I fired up the old Xbox to see if they were there, and I do own them. For some reason, when I go to import them into the One version, it wants to charge me $9.99. Anyone else who owns this set had any trouble transferring them over?

#325 ·
Williams tables would be nice I enjoyed them on my 360 on pinball hall of fame williams collection. Why cant they get some good tables? I enjoy the action on these tables but what about old classics like arabian nights funhouse, pinbot etc..All the money spent on licensing star wars and marvel but no williams?

#332 ·
That Rome table gives me fits. One of those ramps is placed just right to hit right in the middle of the flippers so you loose your ball. My biggest weakness in this game is I never use the tilt. I always forget to, and I think in some tables you need to (such as Rome).

#333 ·
I mostly lose the ball to the right ramp. It goes up about 3/4 of the way and then straight down the middle. So I know what you mean. I got the multiball by spelling ROMULUS on that left side alley. And even on that, sometimes you miss the mark and it hits the side and goes down the middle. A very frustrating table.

#334 ·
There are 6 new (old) tables available. The old Marvel pack (4), Excalibur, and Earth Defense. They are suppose to be free for 360 version users and ZEN is trying to get it straightened out. If you bought them on 360 before, I wouldn't pay for them until they show up as free. That probably completes the conversion of the old tables. They said a few may not be able to be converted for some reason. Still good to get the free tables.

#335 ·
So I upgraded to a LG 60LA8600 this weekend. (50% off for an open box item) and decided to give the 2D to 3D a try with this game and it worked pretty good. The tables had lots of depth and I do feel it helped. I would be curious to see how much difference then native 3D tables look liked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.