Thanks, David.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 Old 11-11-2010, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks, David. So I guess it's not possible to generalize about Insignia TV's (either about capabilities, or quality).

interestingly, I plugged in my laptop via HDMI to the TV and watched the same DVD - and heard perfect sound over the internal speakers.

So it is either the Xbox, or the combination just don't work well together?!?
post #33 of 44 Old 11-11-2010, 07:47 AM

Liked: 31
I think your problem is neither, im willing to bet that if you turn on the tv and set it to the HDMI that the xbox uses and than turn the xbox on that it would work the way its suppose to, it sounds like your having handshake issues... OLD lg's use to do this ALL the Time.
post #34 of 44 Old 11-11-2010, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtt485 View Post

I think your problem is neither, im willing to bet that if you turn on the tv and set it to the HDMI that the xbox uses and than turn the xbox on that it would work the way its suppose to, it sounds like your having handshake issues... OLD lg's use to do this ALL the Time.

I'm not sure what you mean, David.... if I start with the Xbox off and the TV off.... then power both on, switch to Xbox HDMI, the Xbox is fine. Once I put in a DVD though, no sound from the Xbox. Easy to reproduce - problem happens every time.
post #35 of 44 Old 11-11-2010, 10:11 AM

Start with both off... TV on, Than switch to Xbox HDMI...Than turn on Xbox....
post #36 of 44 Old 11-11-2010, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Yes - tried that. Both off, TV on first - still doesn't work. I think I'm bringing it back. Somebody is breaking protocol here, either the Xbox or the TV, but I think most TVs can handle this. Thanks for your help.
post #37 of 44 Old 11-11-2010, 12:53 PM

fair enough, defininetly time to try a new tv set than...
post #38 of 44 Old 11-11-2010, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I boxed it up and returned it. Went to Costco and bought a Vizio - and EVERYTHING JUST WORKS. Even passing through DD5.1 to receiver, for when I feel like getting the full experience. Lesson learned.

I bought this, which was $150 off today: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...0607&N=4047300 4294899201 4294904820&Mo=6&No=5&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

THANKS ALL FOR THE HELP!!!
post #39 of 44 Old 11-16-2010, 08:30 AM

Quote:

First of all I use to work in a magnolia bestbuy, and Insignia is NOT MADE BY OR OWNED BY LG. Infact some of the 50" plasmas use Samsung Parts.

Secondly not all Insignia Tv's share this problem I have a 42" plasma from them that i gave to my parents that works with xbox perfectly EVERYTIME.

But I do Agree with this Model Not Being Able to Accept Dolby Digital 5.1. So Shop Around and Read Reviews, But im Sure You can find another Tv in your Budget that is Capable for what you want.

what settings did you use to make it work? =(
post #40 of 44 Old 11-16-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factuality View Post

what settings did you use to make it work? =(

I am a little confused, can you please be more specific and i will be glad to answer any ?'s asked...
post #41 of 44 Old 11-17-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:

I am a little confused, can you please be more specific and i will be glad to answer any ?'s asked...

"First of all I use to work in a magnolia bestbuy, and Insignia is NOT MADE BY OR OWNED BY LG. Infact some of the 50" plasmas use Samsung Parts.

Secondly not all Insignia Tv's share this problem I have a 42" plasma from them that i gave to my parents that works with xbox perfectly EVERYTIME.

But I do Agree with this Model Not Being Able to Accept Dolby Digital 5.1. So Shop Around and Read Reviews, But im Sure You can find another Tv in your Budget that is Capable for what you want."

how did you make the hdmi work? like w/o losing audio? because half the time i lose audio when entering game or watching video on net flix
post #42 of 44 Old 11-17-2010, 09:49 AM

Firs off the in audio section i set it too digital stereo... there is no point to 5.1 audio settings when the tv has only two speakers... secondly i ALWAYS power on the tv first and xbox last, this ensure the correct HDCP Link and lastly, i made sure the tv was set to have the TV accept digital audio... My insignia model was a 42" Plasma though and as noted some models WILL have issues no matter what settings.... Good Luck.
post #43 of 44 Old 11-20-2010, 04:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 435
I recieved my 42" LED to my deployed location and had no problems with the sound all week until yesterday when I lost sound. I was getting ready to play Dance Central demo on kinect Adventures and after selecting Lady Gaga and getting ready to play is when the sound went out. After exiting the demo I still had no sound in the dashboard or any other game. Turning it off didn't resolve the issue. Went into the settings which I am hooked up by HDMI. I turned Display Discovery off and when I did the sound came back after setting it to 1080i. Turn it back to 1080p and the sound stayed. The issue only came up when I went to play Dance Central but not any other game or feature before that. I have since set the output to 1080i and have no had the issue since. I bought this display for my deployment and plan to give it to my kids in the game room for for their computer display and Kinect so not a big deal since I will be replaying my SXRD with a Sony or Samsung when I return from deployment and to my part time job at Best Buy. Hope this helps for anyone that has this issue going on.

One other thing I am using Rocketfish from Best Buy for HDMI cables that are rated for 240hz and 1080p.

The 5.0 is here
post #44 of 44 Old 12-16-2012, 11:31 AM

Ok i had this problem to go make sure you have ur xbox set up to HDMI color sounds dumb but it affects your volume you can find this by going under console settings
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page