Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 34 Old 11-30-2010, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
From Kotaku

Microsoft's "Xbox Live Rewards" program, which began testing over a year ago, looks set to finally be about to open to the public, with a page turning up on Xbox.com devoted to the service.

The program essentially rewards users for spending money on Xbox Live, giving out Microsoft Points and other freebies for doing things like renewing Xbox Live subscriptions and purchasing content on the various Xbox Live Marketplaces.

You can see an example chart below; we don't know much more specific stuff, because while this welcome page is active, any attempts to login and access further content or information are met with dead links.

http://rewards.xbox.com/
http://xboxrewards.ec2.eprize.net

We've contacted Microsoft for further information, and will update if we hear back.

UPDATE - It appears as though the pages have been taken down.

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
SERGEANT SERGEANT MASTER SERGEANT SHOOTER PERSON
Then:|A40|AX720|F1|K702|DT880|ES7|MS2i Now:|MS1|AD700|PC360|A30
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 11-30-2010, 11:04 PM

Liked: 93
Given the reference to Sky, this looks like a UK thing. Nothing for us US users to care about yet.
post #3 of 34 Old 11-30-2010, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

well, they (xbox team) posted the links on my facebook, only the links aren't working now.

who knows... i know they had a trial/beta of this going on for the past year or so

No trees were harmed forming this post, though many electrons were inconvenienced.
post #4 of 34 Old 12-01-2010, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Major Nelson his show this week will focus on something that will benefit all Xbox Live users on Thursday so maybe he will go into detail about this program. With all the deals they have been doing lately it looks like they have been testing this program for awhile.
post #5 of 34 Old 12-01-2010, 05:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Nice to hear they're bringing this back. I was bummed when they nixed the idea several years ago.
post #6 of 34 Old 12-01-2010, 06:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Links are all working again... sky for UK, Netflix for us.

post #7 of 34 Old 12-01-2010, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
I was part of the trial run. It's a nice program for someone like me, who has a total of 5 gamers in my household.

I've got some stuff.
post #8 of 34 Old 12-01-2010, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
wish they had something like this day 1

xbox live gt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 34 Old 12-02-2010, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
no kidding! Ive done so many things on that list within the past 3 months too, it makes me mad.
post #10 of 34 Old 12-02-2010, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 112
I just signed up for Rewards today. I hope it "pays off".
post #11 of 34 Old 12-02-2010, 05:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I just bought a 12 month gold card from Amazon, guess I'll hold out applying it in case they add in rewards in the near future.

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT -
post #12 of 34 Old 12-02-2010, 06:20 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 28
Looks like this is really not going to benefit existing Live members all that much:

Note that for the "1st" purchase of XBox Live Marketplace content and for Purchase/renew your first Gold membership, they really mean "1st".

From the terms and conditions page [xbox.com]:

Purchase or Renew to Xbox LIVE Online Gold Membership: Available only to participants making their first Xbox LIVE Online Gold membership purchase (it is still considered a "first time purchase" if the participant has not purchased an online membership since 12/31/07). This offer is applicable for free members upgrading to Gold as their first Online subscription or Gold members renewing first time to Online membership from Retail subscription card. Only participants who purchase Xbox LIVE Online Gold Membership will earn one hundred (100) Microsoft Points, up to a maximum of one hundred (100) Microsoft Points during a twelve (12) month period. To subscribe online visit http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/JoinLIVE/Home during the Program Period.

Make Your 1st Purchase on Xbox LIVE Marketplace: Available only to participants making their first Xbox LIVE Marketplace purchase since joining Xbox LIVE (it is still considered a "first time purchase" if the participant has not made a Marketplace purchase since 12/31/07). This is defined as the purchase of an Xbox LIVE Marketplace item using Microsoft Points or a dollar denominated credit card transaction. Your first purchase must be made on or after the confirmation of your enrollment into the Program. The purchase of Microsoft Points only will not count towards receiving these Microsoft Points. If you have already made an Xbox LIVE Marketplace purchase prior to the start of the Program, you are not eligible for this award. Only participants who make their first purchase on the Marketplace will earn one hundred (100) Microsoft Points. Participants can only earn these Microsoft Points one time during the Program.
post #13 of 34 Old 12-04-2010, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

A Little Good News for Some.....

I purchased an Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack between November 4 and December 1, prior to signing up for Xbox LIVE Rewards. Will I receive 400 Microsoft Points for my purchase?
A. The Xbox LIVE Rewards program will honor all Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack purchases since November 4, 2010. Please note that the points are automatically deposited into your Xbox LIVE account each month. It may take up to 30 days from program registration for the points you earn to be deposited into your account.
post #14 of 34 Old 12-04-2010, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeron View Post

Looks like this is really not going to benefit existing Live members all that much:

Note that for the "1st" purchase of XBox Live Marketplace content and for Purchase/renew your first Gold membership, they really mean "1st".

From the terms and conditions page [xbox.com]:

Purchase or Renew to Xbox LIVE Online Gold Membership: Available only to participants making their first Xbox LIVE Online Gold membership purchase (it is still considered a "first time purchase" if the participant has not purchased an online membership since 12/31/07). This offer is applicable for free members upgrading to Gold as their first Online subscription or Gold members renewing first time to Online membership from Retail subscription card. Only participants who purchase Xbox LIVE Online Gold Membership will earn one hundred (100) Microsoft Points, up to a maximum of one hundred (100) Microsoft Points during a twelve (12) month period. To subscribe online visit http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/JoinLIVE/Home during the Program Period.

Make Your 1st Purchase on Xbox LIVE Marketplace: Available only to participants making their first Xbox LIVE Marketplace purchase since joining Xbox LIVE (it is still considered a "first time purchase" if the participant has not made a Marketplace purchase since 12/31/07). This is defined as the purchase of an Xbox LIVE Marketplace item using Microsoft Points or a dollar denominated credit card transaction. Your first purchase must be made on or after the confirmation of your enrollment into the Program. The purchase of Microsoft Points only will not count towards receiving these Microsoft Points. If you have already made an Xbox LIVE Marketplace purchase prior to the start of the Program, you are not eligible for this award. Only participants who make their first purchase on the Marketplace will earn one hundred (100) Microsoft Points. Participants can only earn these Microsoft Points one time during the Program.

This Kinda Sux....I also thought It was for everyone, Oh Well.

I filled out the survery for 20pts.
post #15 of 34 Old 12-04-2010, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeron View Post

you're picking out one point. it seems like all the other points will apply to current members.
post #16 of 34 Old 12-04-2010, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 201
The point values are so low that it hardly seems worth even writing this post out to talk about it.

You'd earn more Xbox Live points over the course of a year if you just didn't buy a soft drink out of a vending machine once a month and instead put that money away to put towards a points card eventually.
post #17 of 34 Old 12-05-2010, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Something is better than nothing, which is what we had before. My household is going to spend a lot of points either way. I'll take any positive margin I can get on the deal.

I've got some stuff.
post #18 of 34 Old 12-05-2010, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Just signed up. Why do we need to do that? Why not just enroll everyone or send them an Xbox Live message telling them to sign up. I cannot stand this secret crap so they can save a few bucks through the ignorance of their customers. They aren't giving us a ton of points. This is also probably part of the reason for the increase (Or a later justification for it).

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: TheRealMaxPower

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

Theater- Benq W1070    Elite 120" projection...

post #19 of 34 Old 12-05-2010, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes View Post

Just signed up. Why do we need to do that? Why not just enroll everyone or send them an Xbox Live message telling them to sign up. I cannot stand this secret crap so they can save a few bucks through the ignorance of their customers. They aren't giving us a ton of points. This is also probably part of the reason for the increase (Or a later justification for it).

Ditto.

I signed up also, mainly just for the heck of it, not like we're going to earn a ton of points with this, but I agree, just send a Live message and let folks opt in or out from that.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Carl Sagan (1980)

post #20 of 34 Old 12-06-2010, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Most people prefer an Opt In system instead of an Opt Out system. I am sure we are giving up some data to advertisers as well as Microsoft to use by signing up.
post #21 of 34 Old 12-06-2010, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 243
So, it says you get 100 points if you activate and use Netflix. Do you still get the points if you have already avtivated and been using Netflix for a while now?

Where are the surveys, on the 360 or online?

PSN ID: RollTide1017
post #22 of 34 Old 12-06-2010, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post

So, it says you get 100 points if you activate and use Netflix. Do you still get the points if you have already avtivated and been using Netflix for a while now?

Where are the surveys, on the 360 or online?

The surveys are online. They are on the Reward page after you sign up. It may take a couple of days before you will see your points pop up.

The program is not retroactive.
post #23 of 34 Old 12-06-2010, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post

The program is not retroactive.

Way to reward those of us who have been with XBL for 7 years MS. It should be retroactive IMO, or at least give out some bonus points for current XBL members just for signing up.

PSN ID: RollTide1017
post #24 of 34 Old 12-06-2010, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post

Way to reward those of us who have been with XBL for 7 years MS. It should be retroactive IMO, or at least give out some bonus points for current XBL members just for signing up.

There are almost no reward programs that will retroactively give you points for past purchases. This program is no different.
post #25 of 34 Old 12-06-2010, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post
There are almost no reward programs that will retroactively give you points for past purchases. This program is no different.
But they could "Thank" people who have been Gold members for 5+ years. I have been a Live subscriber since it launched. Would be nice if they gave me a game or something for spending as much as I have over the years.

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: TheRealMaxPower

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

Theater- Benq W1070    Elite 120" projection...

post #26 of 34 Old 12-06-2010, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I got my 20 points for the survey today. Took it the first day it was available. Also, if you get the Pinball FX 2 add-on pack before December 31 you earn 40 Rewards Points. Unfortunately for me, I also got that the first day it was available so I doubt they reward me for that.
post #27 of 34 Old 12-06-2010, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbe View Post

I got my 20 points for the survey today. Took it the first day it was available. Also, if you get the Pinball FX 2 add-on pack before December 31 you earn 40 Rewards Points. Unfortunately for me, I also got that the first day it was available so I doubt they reward me for that.

Hmm. I signed up today and didn't see any survey. The only pages I see are 'My Rewards' and 'About the Program'.

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
post #28 of 34 Old 12-06-2010, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

if you signed up today, you'll have to wait for an email saying you're accepted into the rewards program.

post #29 of 34 Old 12-07-2010, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
But they could "Thank" people who have been Gold members for 5+ years. I have been a Live subscriber since it launched. Would be nice if they gave me a game or something for spending as much as I have over the years.
They have done things like that before.
post #30 of 34 Old 09-04-2014, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Xbox Rewards has been revamped. You now earn cash back rewards based upon how much you spend instead of your gamer score.

They also added this incentive to play the free Games with Gold

Gold members get more

Xbox Live Rewards Gold members don't just get Games with Gold titles for free – they can also earn Rewards Credits just for playing them! Simply download your free Games with Gold titles for Xbox 360 or Xbox One, play them for 10 hours or more, and earn 1,000 Rewards Credits. You can grab an extra 2,000 Credits when you purchase add-ons for these Games with Gold titles.* That adds up to 3,000 Credits for each Games with Gold title!

But don't wait – to qualify, you'll need to complete this offer within 14 days of the Games with Gold announcement. Get started now!

http://rewards.xbox.com/gold/
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page