Adapter to play pc games with a 360 controller - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 19 Old 01-02-2011, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know there was an adapter to play your computer games using a xbox 360 controller. But I can't find it anywhere? Anyone know exactly what its called or if they even make it anymore.

xbox live:sixsec assassin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 01-02-2011, 08:37 PM

I plugged my wired 360 controller in my PC usb port and it worked without anything else.

Not sure about a wireless one though.
post #3 of 19 Old 01-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 731 Post(s)
Liked: 930
Really? It took me 10 seconds to find this on Amazon. There ya go.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless-...031079&sr=8-17

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

post #4 of 19 Old 01-02-2011, 10:58 PM

Liked: 93
http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx...0wireless%20pc

Or if you can wait a month, you can order up a pirated one from Dealextreme. Love that place.
post #5 of 19 Old 01-03-2011, 01:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

Or if you can wait a month, you can order up a pirated one from Dealextreme. Love that place.

i was just curious if you know if they're compatible with Win7 64-Bit?! i'm only asking because i read the review of at least one aftermarket version, and some of the reviews said that it wasn't compatible with Win7 64-Bit, and i was just wondering if those were the same or not...

Xbox Live: KoNtRoL MaNiAk
post #6 of 19 Old 01-03-2011, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 546
I bought the 360 controller for Windows which is basically a 360 controller plus one of the wireless receivers from Dell way back when and it only costs $26. I love Dell sales for 360 stuff.

As for Windows 7 64-bit, that's what I have and it works perfectly fine. when you go to the Microsoft website, make sure you choose the option for 64-bit since there are drivers for 32-bit and 64-bit.
post #7 of 19 Old 01-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
the knock off version of the wireless adapter works with win7 64-bit. i have that OS on the htpc and i've tried that adapter on it and it works fine.

the knock off version does not work on any apple device. i think i heard someone was rigging up some control software but no updates lately.

the plug-in xbox controller works on both pc's and xbox's (duh!)

the original ms wireless pc adapter is not made anymore, so the knock off version is the main way to go. unless you buy it used. (im not selling mine!
post #8 of 19 Old 01-06-2011, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 209
I use the Microsoft Wireless adapter for their controller and it works great. I also downloaded free software that lets you map the controller's buttons, bumpers, etc. to anything you want in any game so you can basically use it in almost any game. Lets you re-name these templates so you can load one up for each game. Pretty slick. Some games support the 360 controller (i.e. one of the Crysis games).

post #9 of 19 Old 01-06-2011, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Really? It took me 10 seconds to find this on Amazon. There ya go.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless-...031079&sr=8-17

As soon as I posted this I found it on amazon. I initially searched a few times and nothing was coming up.

post #10 of 19 Old 01-06-2011, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

I use the Microsoft Wireless adapter for their controller and it works great. I also downloaded free software that lets you map the controller's buttons, bumpers, etc. to anything you want in any game so you can basically use it in almost any game. Lets you re-name these templates so you can load one up for each game. Pretty slick. Some games support the 360 controller (i.e. one of the Crysis games).

Where did you download the software? Crysis is the reason I'm buying a wireless adapter

post #11 of 19 Old 01-07-2011, 05:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfoster77 View Post

Where did you download the software? Crysis is the reason I'm buying a wireless adapter

Crysis (warhead I believe) had it built in, in the options you select you had a 360 controller and it configured everything for you with a default layout. I will have to search again for the software, you can probably find a bunch if you search on 360 controller for a PC.

post #12 of 19 Old 01-10-2011, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
All 3rd party USB PS3 controllers are compatible with PC. A few of the 3rd party PS3 controllers are shaped like X360 controller.

You can also use wired Xbox 1 controller on the PC with open source driver by replacing the Xbox 1 cable head with standard USB port.
post #13 of 19 Old 01-10-2011, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

I'm confused here, why would you have to wait a month? It looks like they have them now for $10.95 which is $25 cheaper than Amazon, or am I just missing something?

EDIT: Never mind, I see the shipping estimates now...wow.
post #14 of 19 Old 08-01-2012, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Ok so I finally broke down and bought one of these. But I'm having issues... so I bought a legit microsoft receiver, not the knock off. I install the drivers no problem. BUt when I plug the receiver in after instaling the drivers my wireless mouse won't work. Even if I plug the mouse in with usb it still won't work. And the wireless receiver won't sync with my xbox controller. I got it to sync like once after rebooting my pc, but then the mouse doen't work wtf nothing ever works like it's supposed to.

post #15 of 19 Old 08-01-2012, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm not even sure they sell legit Microsoft receivers anymore as Microsoft stopped selling them awhile ago. The only way to get a legit receiver now is to buy the controller/receiver bundle which is labeled Xbox 360 Controller for Windows.

You got the drivers from the Microsoft site? Try them as they're the latest. I never use drivers from the included CD.
post #16 of 19 Old 08-01-2012, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

I bought it used, but it has the microsoft hologram and all. I'll try microfoft website for the newer drivers, i used the ones from the disc provided... thx

post #17 of 19 Old 08-02-2012, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Crysis (warhead I believe) had it built in, in the options you select you had a 360 controller and it configured everything for you with a default layout. I will have to search again for the software, you can probably find a bunch if you search on 360 controller for a PC.

You don't even have to select it as the controller it will default to it once you start using it. Gives you a little message saying a 360 controller is present and everything. For mapping buttons sure you have to configure it but that's to be expected. Although I don't like playing the game with the controller they did a really good job of supporting it. This controller seems to be the only redeeming pc compatible part of MS pc gaming. Everything else they've done seems to be geared towards making pc gaming less use friendly.
post #18 of 19 Old 08-03-2012, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

I went to microsofts site and downloaded the drivers there, same issue. The controller won't sync with the wireless adapter. My wireless mouse stops workinng so I have to reboot. Upon rebooting the 360 adapter syncs with the controller but i can't move the mouse so I couldn't start a game if I wanted to. When I get a chanceI'll mess with it more. I think I'll unplug the wireless usb for my mouse and use it in wired mode see if that helps....

post #19 of 19 Old 08-03-2012, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

maybe you have a bad wireless receiver. it should all be pretty automatic and works flawlessly. I use it mainly for emulators as I use KBM for PC. even got 4 players going in MAME which was awesome. the 360 controller can pretty much cover every controller out there. the most tricky was the N64 controller. I ended up mapping the c buttons to the right stick.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page