post #361 of 16247 Old 05-29-2011, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Pretty cool user-created teaser:

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-mov...rmovies/357923

Xbox Live: oktober rust | Mii: 5207 2388 9861 4135 | Steam ID: detroit820 | Origin ID: oktoberrust11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 16247 Old 05-31-2011, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Behind the scenes.

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
post #363 of 16247 Old 05-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Advanced Member

Kabob hopping in the way back machine.

Well not that way back, 10 posts ago.

Xbox Gamertag: matteoms

Official Member of the Joy Puke Your Face Off Club.
post #364 of 16247 Old 06-01-2011, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Pfft...

So I missed it. Sowwy

"To do a 'Kabob' you have to be both a tease, and a cockblocker. So the person you 'Kabob' gets his/her hopes up only to end up being severely disappointed." -jammybastard

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
post #365 of 16247 Old 06-03-2011, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Playable BF3 Multiplayer at E3

Quote:

E3 2011 in Los Angeles is only a few days away and there is a lot of excitement in the air. We are thrilled to be at the expo to show you Battlefield 3! We are currently putting the final touches on our demo - testing, tweaking, and in general, creating a game that's looking amazing. I'm very happy and proud of what our DICE team has accomplished and what we'll be unveiling to the world at E3.

Following our Battlefield 3 announcement earlier this spring, a lot of you have asked us for more info on multiplayer. Well, wait no further - we will be showing both single player and multiplayer gameplay at E3! You can expect new trailers and screenshots as well as in-depth press previews hitting next week. You can also watch the EA press conference live on EA.com on Monday.

So what can you expect from the Battlefield 3 multiplayer? Powered by the Frostbite 2 engine, Battlefield 3 features some of the biggest and most spectacular maps that we have built. At the same time, we are also able to create more intense close-quarter combat than ever before. The multiplayer map, Operation Métro, available for press to play on the show floor, combines both sides of the scale into one cohesive experience. Gamers will experience a physical battlefield and be able to temporarily disable vehicles, go prone, mount weapons, lay down suppressive fire and more. Under the hood, the brand-new engine ensures cutting-edge visuals and immersion. All things combined, big and small, add up to the best Battlefield game we have ever created!

Of course there are things we will not be showing at E3, including the game's extensive co-op campaign, the introduction of Team Death Match mode and the Battlefield 3 Battlelog web destination - featuring powerful social tools, feeds and detailed player stats. Battlelog also lets you manage your friends lists, squad up, create platoons, use voice chat and follow your friends' progress in real-time, and more. Battlelog will be available for the monthly fee of (drum roll)... zero dollars. We look forward to providing more information on these features in the near future!

Karl Magnus Troedsson
General Manager, DICE

Xbox Live: oktober rust | Mii: 5207 2388 9861 4135 | Steam ID: detroit820 | Origin ID: oktoberrust11

post #366 of 16247 Old 06-03-2011, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Yes, please.

I better pick up a used copy of MoH soon - have a feeling they might announce when the beta will be running during E3.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #367 of 16247 Old 06-03-2011, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

good call harpua

Do you remember how it was supposed to work? I think someone on AVS posted about it before maybe in BC2 thread but can't find it now though. As long as we get a MoH box with Limited Edition on it we're good, or do we need one with a legit "VIP" code also?

XBL : lowgn
post #368 of 16247 Old 06-03-2011, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

That's the one part I'm not sure of. I can't see how they could segregate it - I'd say anyone with a VIP code and the disc should be good.

I owned it when it came out, so I have the VIP code activated, but I'm not sure if I need to find a used copy with the beta logo on the cover. I can't see how they would have gone through two different disc pressings, and I don't recall a separate 'limited edition' code outside of the VIP code. I'd think if you have the VIP code, there would be an update that would add a menu item for the BF3 beta to the MoH menu - similar to how Halo 3 worked with Crackdown.

Just my guess though.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #369 of 16247 Old 06-06-2011, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 716
post #370 of 16247 Old 06-06-2011, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Not sure if your link has this video, but saw this on another site:

I can't access either from here, but figured I'd share since the comments sounded good.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #371 of 16247 Old 06-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13

XBL: DallasAch
post #372 of 16247 Old 06-06-2011, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post
Thank god! Gamestop told me not until 2012...

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #373 of 16247 Old 06-06-2011, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 716
wow that MP footage looks great... can't wait.... hope they still have gold rush mode..
post #374 of 16247 Old 06-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Advanced Member

Those videos are awesome.

And Rush will still be included in BF3.

Xbox Gamertag: matteoms

Official Member of the Joy Puke Your Face Off Club.
post #375 of 16247 Old 06-06-2011, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Multiplayer looks bad ass just as expected

Here's the last trailer that was released that wasn't posted here yet, it's from the single player campaign showing off the tanks --

post #376 of 16247 Old 06-06-2011, 06:20 PM

Liked: 10
Sony just announced their version of BF3 will come with 1943.
post #377 of 16247 Old 06-06-2011, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

oct 25th!!
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/06/ba...-in-september/

I don't normally do this, but...

So I've got GoW 3 in September, BF3 in October, and MW3 in November? My wife is going to DISOWN me!

I may have to cut one of those games from my purchasing, and I'm thinking GoW (which sucks because I loved the beta).

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
post #378 of 16247 Old 06-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_j View Post

Multiplayer looks bad ass just as expected

Here's the last trailer that was released that wasn't posted here yet, it's from the single player campaign showing off the tanks --

By god, this looks amazing.
post #379 of 16247 Old 06-06-2011, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
^^^^^
Wow, looks very nice!

James
post #380 of 16247 Old 06-06-2011, 08:29 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
that looked like pc version. i wonder if xbox will have that much eye candy. really tempted to upgrade my rig for this. 64 player multi sounds insane!
post #381 of 16247 Old 06-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 186
That tank vid is running on PC with DX11 tessellation and other goodies. So yeah, it looks amazing.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #382 of 16247 Old 06-07-2011, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

even when graphics get "scaled down" for consoles if the gameplay is like these trailers and looks like BC2 I will be very happy

post #383 of 16247 Old 06-07-2011, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Considering I've got a decent computer now I really would like to see a graphical comparison between the console and PC versions of the game. I love the eye candy but most of my friends will get it for console, we'll have to see just how much better the PC version looks...

Xbox Live GT - I Kabob I
post #384 of 16247 Old 06-07-2011, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 265
I'm getting it for PC for sure. May end up getting the console version too.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #385 of 16247 Old 06-07-2011, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Probably the one thing I like the most is what they say to each other. I think it adds to the realism of the game. When playing BC2, there is so much dialog in the game that makes it more fun to play because you never know what they will say.
post #386 of 16247 Old 06-07-2011, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Gameplay looked great. I noticed on the desert map with the tanks, there was no hit markers? Also it looked like the tank was taking quite a beating, but it kept on going. Not sure if there was an engineer there repairing him.

Of course this was watching it from my phone so I could've missed something.

post #387 of 16247 Old 06-07-2011, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Yeah I might just have to get this on day one like I did Bad Company 2. Here's hoping that there isn't "unexpectedly high server demand" like the past Battlefield releases.

Also, Ace Combat is coming out two weeks earlier. GRR!!!
post #388 of 16247 Old 06-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Advanced Member

http://pc.ign.com/articles/117/1172554p1.html

Quote:

Battlefield 3 is developer DICE's eighth game in the franchise. With over a decade of experience in the multiplayer shooter space, Battlefield 3 represents its attempt to make their biggest, most inclusive shooter yet. Accessibility is a huge mandate for the studio (with the team focusing on making a game that appeals to both team players, lone wolves, console owners and the hardcore PC audience), but above all else, fun is king. From listening to the community, to examining the failings of their previous games, to making a title that takes full advantage of their new engine, Battlefield 3's multiplayer is a work in progress. Unpolished as it is, though, it's already a hell of a lot of fun.

The new, cheesy-sounding philosophy DICE is taking with Battlefield 3 is "Play it Your Way." While hollow PR babble on the surface, in practice it reflects their desire to make Battlefield as universally appealing to shooter fans as possible. To this end the levels will be varied, from giant stages full of jets and armored vehicles, to the more funneled stages like the Paris one I got to play. While there were armored personnel carriers in the level, it was largely a corridor stage, focusing first and foremost on player's gun skills as opposed to a cooperative effort of vehicles and soldiers. It may have started in an open park (which itself still felt relatively small since players were fenced in by walls and rivers), but within moments the level was small, 50 ft wide corridors and cramped hallways. The hope appears to be to create an experience that'll give the hardcore, long-time fans what they desire in a battlefield experience, but also to have stages that appeal to the more arena-style fans that play games like Call of Duty. Don't go abandoning hope and lamenting the end of the franchise, though, as I'm assured many of the levels we've yet to see will bring back the epic-sized conflicts the franchise is known for.

Classes have also been redesigned in Battlefield 3, giving players new ways to customize their load outs to suit their play style. Riflemen now double as medics, healing players and reviving those who are downed. The Support class is now equipped with a light machinegun and ammo packs, the sniper is a long-range and demolitions expert, and the Engineer is the master of destroying and repairing vehicles. With weapon attachments players can adapt the classes to how they want to play, with Riflemen choosing things like underslung grenade launchers in place of advanced medical equipment, for instance.

The Support class was super important in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 because it could heal, but they're given a new role in Battlefield 3:suppression. Shooting in an enemy's general direction is important in real combat, giving your own team a chance to move and gain position while the enemies are frightened into running for cover. Battlefield 3 takes this into account, and anyone firing a hail of lead near foes - something the Support class is especially good at, much more so with a fancy bi-pod attachment - will suppress the enemy. This not only garners points for the shooter, but dims and shakes the screen of those affected. Shooting to kill is an important role, but shooting to provide actual supporting fire is now emphasized as well.

Vehicles have also been tweaked in Battlefield 3, in hopes of making them more fun for both the operator and passengers. Vehicles regenerate small amounts of health when damaged, but in order to heal to full will need the assistance of an Engineer. Vehicles can also be immobilized right before destruction, forcing an Engineer to intervene to save it, and giving the passengers a chance to bail out. The hope is that this will alleviate a lot of the rage that comes from a team jumping into a humvee, only to be destroyed by one well placed rocket. Yes, the rocket might kill the person it blows up right next to, but the whole squad won't be punished for one crazy driver, or feel like vehicles are death traps.

Two tweaks that stood out during the time I played, and really show DICE's commitment to making the experience better and better, were the inclusion of prone and the ability to opt out of revive. Prone could be dangerous to the balance, as it makes players incredibly hard to discern at a distance, but to balance this DICE is finding new ways to make the cost match the benefits. You might be harder to see, but your lens will flash if a player looks at it, and getting up and laying down takes time that will cost you if someone is close. Revive was also something that players liked in Battlefield: Bad Company 2, but it was annoying when someone would revive you for points, only to do so when you were going to stand up right in an enemy's fire. Now you can opt out of a revive, looking to see how safe it is before you make a decision about whether a respawn at a different location would be more effective. It's a small change, and one of those head-slap inducing choices that seem obvious, but a testament to the time, experience and passion DICE has for making Battlefield 3 as fun and balanced as possible.

My playtime was entirely too short, but Battlefield 3 is following a proven formula that's been created by, refined and tweaked by one of the best first-person shooter developers in the world. If the single-player manages to live up to expectations, and the multiplayer keeps getting even better, it might not be long before there's a new king of modern warfare.

post #389 of 16247 Old 06-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Here's hoping that there isn't "unexpectedly high server demand" like the past Battlefield releases.

I can guarantee that right now. That will always happen with any major MP launch.

post #390 of 16247 Old 06-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The Support class was super important in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 because it could heal, but they're given a new role in Battlefield 3:suppression. Shooting in an enemy's general direction is important in real combat, giving your own team a chance to move and gain position while the enemies are frightened into running for cover. Battlefield 3 takes this into account, and anyone firing a hail of lead near foes – something the Support class is especially good at, much more so with a fancy bi-pod attachment – will suppress the enemy. This not only garners points for the shooter, but dims and shakes the screen of those affected. Shooting to kill is an important role, but shooting to provide actual supporting fire is now emphasized as well.

OMG. Awesome. I'm about to go ahead and slap down some money on a preorder right now.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Xbox 360 Game Ea

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page